Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
yep, that's what I purchased originally to use with my Auber :)

Also is the 25mm or 30mm better? I notice you are currently sold out of the 25mm....

If the 25mm is better when will you have some - and when will you have the PI ball caps?

Or is the 30 the same just bigger bowl?
And if a long wait for the caps maybe I should order sooner with a 30mm if no difference

Cheers for the info and offer of extras....
I believe it's just a matter of preference.
The 30 is basically the same, just larger
I have both, but will be sticking with 25mm and selling the 30mm setup as the cap I have is more suited to that size, I'm not looking at using inserts and I don't dab huge globs.

The Pi caps should be in stock in just a few days and will be suitable for 30 or 25mm bangers

Last edited:
@felvapes Yes those woudl work perfectly with the Auber RDK-300

The 30 is a bit bigger, bur I prefer it as it gives you more surface area for the dab to spread across and so will help vaporize faster when compared to the 25mm. This is incremental and not a mountain. But more of a small hill of a difference =)

Quartz Pi caps came in today and I will be posting them shortly

Your loyal coil and quartz monger

Shane

@LesPlenty The SiC is a great dab surface. But it can also be bad with having a lot of extra reclaim due to where the intake hole is. That and you have the SiC dish mounted to a metal base. I prefer the all quartz as it is much lighter and there is no heat saturation down to the joint like it can do with metal. The amount of reclaim is crazy how much less you have with the quartz bangers. You can also get some really nice and solid low temp dabs being able to fine tune within a few degrees of what you would consider optimal flavor and vaporization.

Then you toss in a few terp pearls and you will lower your temp another 5 to 20 degrees. Its utterly insane how well it all works. Clean up is stupid easy. Soak dirty bangers in simple green in a glass dish on top of a candle warmer. I would recommend picking up 2 bangers so you can always have a clean one ready while the dirty one soaks.

The bangers will stay looking like new as long as they dont get scratched and so they can last for a long time. I have a banger thats almost a year old and still going strong =)

Its a bit of an investment, but well worth it once you have it and have used it a bit. You will be very pleased for sure

Shane

Thanks for the feeback Shane, I like the sound of easier maintenance and lower temps, I have also broken glass because of thermal expansion before with a CF/x WPA so that is something else to think about.
toss in a few terp pearls
Are these just beads to increase surface area in the cup?

@LesPlenty I make sure to fit the bangers to allow for some expansion of the coil. The clips I made are the real unicorn though. They hold the coil arm in place and so when the coil is hot and expanded. It will not change position and so you can leave the coil on when its hot or cold and only need to remove it when the the banger needs cleaning =)

I did not think about the banger breaking glass, but if I went the Sic route I would Have a Ti nail part in my glass rig, that is what I was thinking of, no worries with your set up breaking my bongs.

@LesPlenty I was talking about the banger breaking from the coil expanding and contracting. Its one of the main reasons they break and so why other companies will tell you to remove the coil while hot (This is insanity!!!)
My clips allow for the coil to stay on the banger until you want to clean it and then its just a matter of letting it cool and undoing the clip and soaking the banger.

I did not like the metal joints on any of my glass and so this was a big part of what brought me back to the quartz bangers. They are cool on the joint and are light as a feather compared to metal. All that and the lower temps and flavor were a complete packager. I had gotten used to using a drop down for all my pieces and would even skip pieces I really liked because they could not handle a drop down or would be too tipsy with the metal bottom nails. Once I went to the quartz bangers with the coil I instantly stopped using all the drop downs and in turn my pieces has a hole different draw (In a good way) and there was no weight. It was like I found a unicorn. But then I had to learn about how the coils expand and contract and how to properly adjust them to not bind or pop the bottom puck off of my banger. It took me many months of learning before I figured it all out and once I did. I made my clips so I would not run into these issues going forward. Now I try to pass all this along to anyone I can as it is truly a user friendly setup once you add the clips into the mix and know how the banger should fit the coil.

You will be very very stoked with how well it works and how easy it is to use and setup. @Baron23 and @momofthegoons can both attest to this as they are recent customers that got the banger and coil treatment =)

But if you did have any issues, I will make sure you are sorted and happy. That is one of the main things my company is about. Making sure all my customers are happy

Shane

I pulled the trigger
Got too itchy
Lol

I ordered the axial coil - is this the better one as opposed to the barrel coil with no bottom?

I forgot to double check ....

Have a pi cap opaque banger and axial coil ordered.....

@LesPlenty I think that the Sic is meant to be easier to maintain in between dabs and needs cleaning less often - or at least the dish does

But Shane is saying that it will have more reclaim so that is something to clean I guess

The QBs are easy to clean but need soaking to clean so will need a back up...

Does anyone know @Stevenski maybe? is there a version of simply green here in Aus?

Last edited:
@felvapes The Axial coil will help you drop your temps considerably. You throw in the 30mm opaque and its a savage setup. It will mow through little or big dabs and when I say big.... I mean big. The 30 opaque is made for business and a lot of people think its snake oil. But it is legit. All the tiny bubbles captured in the quartz cause an even heat release and so your dabs just spread out and vaporizes fast. Its crazy how well they work and paired with the axial its even better =)

The Quartz Pi caps are really really good at milking up the dab and you should be blown away on how well the whole setup works. Your package will go out first thing in the morning and will hopefully get to you quickly. So far its been a week or so for Europe. So we shall see what Australia takes to ship to =P

Really appreciate the support and hope you have a great rest of the week

Shane

I just went to order,
1x Axial Coil
2x 30mm opaque banger
1x 30mm ball cap, but they are out of stock already
so I did not even get to pearls(which size) or clips
So I will wait until @felvapes gets his and decide which way to go then.:thumbsup:

I just went to order,
1x Axial Coil
2x 30mm opaque banger
1x 30mm ball cap, but they are out of stock already
so I did not even get to pearls(which size) or clips
So I will wait until @felvapes gets his and decide which way to go then.:thumbsup:
The clear ball caps are still up on his site

The coloured ones are sold out

https://710coils.com/collections/everything-1/products/quartz-pi-24mm-clear-ball-cap

Shane emailed me almost straight away confirming order and that the extra pearls and clips goodies are included and my banger and coil fitted
Great CS as many others have mentioned

I have hurt my wallet and now have a SiC on the way and a 710 coils setup

I can't wait for them to arrive so I can play and then compare them both....

Got me excited, but no, change the size to 30mm and it says out of stock.
So I went and purchased the following to get ready for whatever I get;
https://www.dhgate.com/product/high-end-q-tip-iso-jar-qtip-iso-container/415258377.html
Either set up will need this.:thumbsup:
I must have got the last one.....LOL
sorry bout that

Why I jumped when I got itchy I think....saw it all there and clicked away....

Keep you updated on my results

BTW

Is this the same simple green you talk of @momofthegoons ?

https://www.bunnings.com.au/simple-green-1l-green-concentrate-all-purpose-cleaner_p4470509

If so we can get it at bunnings for ppl in Aus

@LesPlenty shoot me a message and I can get you set with a 30mm potion ball cap (If you like)

I am going to hibernate for a few hours and will be back foraging for snacks and dabs and can get you setup and your order shipped out. If you want the 30mm potion

Shane

Yup. That's it. Amazing stuff. I keep a painters pail with a lid filled and soak my bubblers in it. Haven't had a need to clean my banger yet. I've stopped using it till I get a ball cap for it.

Shane saw my pic on IG of my new set up and was kind enough to contact me via email to let me know I had the clip on incorrectly. Lol... thanks for not outing me on my IG page Shane.... I make myself look like enough of an idiot. :rofl:

I don't know of many manufacturers/vendors that will go out of their way to do that once the sale is made. Thanks for that extra attention! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Yup. That's it. Amazing stuff. I keep a painters pail with a lid filled and soak my bubblers in it. Haven't had a need to clean my banger yet. I've stopped using it till I get a ball cap for it.

Shane saw my pic on IG of my new set up and was kind enough to contact me via email to let me know I had the clip on incorrectly. Lol... thanks for not outing me on my IG page Shane.... I make myself look like enough of an idiot. :rofl:

I don't know of many manufacturers/vendors that will go out of their way to do that once the sale is made. Thanks for that extra attention! :thumbsup:
Cheers, I will get some and give it a go

Do you dilute it as per the destructions on the side of bottle or do you have your own mix?

Lol at the idiot outing comment - but yes - I have both heard and already started to experience the great CS from Shane

Do you dilute it as per the destructions on the side of bottle or do you have your own mix?
I usually buy the gallon size and pour the whole thing in the pail, which is 2 gallon size, and add water to fill it to where I want the level to be. I don't measure, but I'd guess I probably add about another gallon of water. I keep that mix until it gets funky with resin... usually about 6 months.

What I'll do for the bangers is keep a small covered bowl with some Simple Green in it and reuse.

I usually buy the gallon size and pour the whole thing in the pail, which is 2 gallon size, and add water to fill it to where I want the level to be. I don't measure, but I'd guess I probably add about another gallon of water. I keep that mix until it gets funky with resin... usually about 6 months.

What I'll do for the bangers is keep a small covered bowl with some Simple Green in it and reuse.
Is that the concentrate same as the link I posted?

So pretty much a 50/50 mix with water

Thanks for the info I will def give it a go

you just soak overnight and then rinse in morning you were saying ay?

Is that the concentrate same as the link I posted?

So pretty much a 50/50 mix with water

Thanks for the info I will def give it a go

you just soak overnight and then rinse in morning you were saying ay?
Yup you want the concentrate, not the premixed spray stuff.

I usually rinse with real hot water before soaking to loosen up the bits. Then, yes... an overnight soak and a hot thorough rinse off afterwards.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back