Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
I am running a special on the new inserts I just put live and wanted to pass it along

2 clear inserts and a pair of tweezers for 20.00 shipped!!! You get to choose either 25 or 30mm and straight or curved tweezers and domestic shipping is on me =)

This deal will run till I sell out!!!!

Quick question, is it better to have a clear bottom on the banger when using inserts?
I never really thought about trying them before, but you keep tempting me with new stuff lol
I still haven't had a chance to try my 25mm bucket yet, but may have to pick up a cap and some other bits when you get your mats n things in :)
What are the shirt designs like?

Last edited:
@Pyr0 I dont think it matters if you use an insert with either clear or opaque. But I would think the opaque would work a bit better with the insert since its giving a more even heat saturation. The Quartz Pi caps are crazy how well they milk up a dab and I highly recommend trying them out.

As for the shirts I am working on something not too obvious what it is. My wife and I have been talking about having some shirts with less text and the octopus on the front with the origami logo on the back somewhere. Stickers and mood mats are coming in the next week or so =)

more color and clear 30mm caps are also inbound early next week

Thanks @710 coils
Another shopping list started ;)
I like my shirts quite plain, a logo on the left chest and/or small central at the top/back of shoulders would be appreciated ;) :P lol

51.99 Aud at Bunnings

According to @momofthegoons this will last around 6 months

$10 a bottle 1 litre
$11.99 for the 15 litre bucket food safe BPA free with clips for lid

4 litres green
4 litres water used the empty green bottles to measure and rinse

A gallon is 3.7 litres approx so almost same as mom suggest

Still 50/50 which is a lot more than bottle says to make spray

Bucket great size/shape fits any of my glass

That is the Mobius sidecar knockoff from Steven in there you can just see its base for reference

Cheers for the tip @momofthegoons will let you all know how it went in the morning
20181005_191038.jpg
20181005_190307.jpg
20181005_190928.jpg
20181005_191016.jpg

@710 coils if I have enough left in bank I may pick up some tweezers and inserts
Hanging on a mood mat too

My @710 coils package arrived today :biggrin:
Helped take the edge off a shitty day nicely
Actually wasted my day but in a good way too

In my pack that arrived in great time from the US - quicker then a package I am waiting for from both GH and Dnail that still have not arrived and were ordered a long time ago -
I got my 30mm axial coil, 30mm opaque QB, a tin of 6mm and a tin of 8mm Quartz pearls, 2 clips (great things), Pi bubble cap and a couple of lollies... :)

So my afternoon disappeared as the obligatory testing needed to be done

The Auber works great.... I first set it on 660 which tasted nice and gave a decent milk, then I tried 670 which gave big milking in QB and cap and a big hit, but maybe a little hot
Then I went 665 and chucked in the three 8mm pearls - these really did make a difference as I have read it is surprising, as I have read, this hit milked a lot and tasted great, strong too

I may try a bit lower with the pearls next time

The Pi cap and pearls are great with the opaque QB
good taste and vape production

If you leave the Pi cap on the QB when it cools down it gets tuck on the QB till you heat it up again - this is because it gets vape on it and it gets sticky on the edge of the QB where touches the cap
It is no issue just something to be aware of and do not try to force it off - if had to take off while cold for cleaning or something either leave off while QB hot - or use iso to melt the resin...

It is def a step up from the torch and QB/cap I was using - I used to get good taste and hits from these but the constant heat and better quality glass from Shane has made a noticeable upgrade

The constant heat from the 710 coil + auber is not only an improvement and more consistent way to dab the fact you can leave it on and it stays at temp is great

If you do blank out for too long though (a good while though so it will never kill a sesh) the auber turns off automatically
When it or you do turn it off the led stays on and says hot - and shows temp as cooling down until it has done so and then it turns off completely

I need to play some more and get the perfect temps etc for me
As dabs hit so hard it is a toasty testing program.....

I just q-tip/iso wiped after each dab and then torch the inside to burn off any leftover residue and black is usually gone

Thank you so much for the package Shane and I will def be making another purchase

I want a moodmat and a spare QB

Also how do you use the inserts do you heat them outside of the QB and coil? I saw a video you had with no coil at all
Or do you just put the inserts in and use it all as normal

Also what is the difference between the 8mm and 6mm pearls? How do they differ in use ?

Lastly what are some ppls suggestions for temps with the 30mm 710 setup - even better if you use an auber

Cheers to all and thank you heaps Shane - I want more of your goodies now.... and need more slug juice to use with it....This is the only problem with your gear - I will be using more bud to squish so I can use my 710 rig...lol

I have had no flower today at all.....testing purposes of course

Last edited:
what are some ppls suggestions for temps with the 30mm 710 setup - even better if you use an auber
I don't have an auber... I use a DNail PID. But I think temp is temp....? I use my set up at 555F. I was going for 550 but that's where it landed and stayed lol.. And quite honestly I'm thinking I may go down a few more degrees.

My suggestion would be to try different lower temps. I find when it's hotter than that my concentrate sort of 'burns' off too quickly and is much harsher. The flavor really comes out at the lower temps.

I've been thrilled with my set up as well. Unfortunately, I've already broken my opaque banger.. :doh: So I'll be ordering another. I'm just waiting for Shane to get his new carb caps in so I can check those out as well.

@Baron23 you've mentioned several times that you haven't felt a need to clean your banger yet. I find this interesting since mine already looks like it could use a cleaning. I'd like to see a pic of yours......

the auber turns off automatically
That's a user adjustable setting, see their manual, and if set to 999 it will stay on.

Also, I'm with @momofthegoons .....I run at 545 set point on the Auber. Although I haven't taken the time to measure the QB actual temp, based on past measurements with Liger and D-nail I wouldn't be surprised if my dab surface is 100 F lower than set point. But, I also use a 25 mm QB....not a 30mm.

you've mentioned several times that you haven't felt a need to clean your banger yet. I find this interesting since mine already looks like it could use a cleaning. I'd like to see a pic of yours......

I'll see if I can get one later...but it looks just rather like it did when I got it. I thoroughly q-tip after ever dab until they come up clean...maybe three q-tips both ends. So far, I haven't needed to do a deep clean...but, I'm also a light weight who doesn't dab as much as others, I rotate a bit between the QB and Liger and D-nail, so I'm sure mine hasn't see the use that others have.

The axial coils need to be run hotter than the barrel coils since there is small gap between the coil and the banger. Where the barrel coil is fit snugger and so will always run at a lower temp because it does not have any gaps between it and the banger. This is not an issue, just something that you will see from anyone using an axial coil. Also for the temps... Most controllers have their own format of how they interpret the temp to the set temp and you can see a difference in set temps across units due to this. It doesn't mean one is better than another. It just means you need to mess with each one to find the happy place for the set temp. My Omron home brew setup is running at 500F and I am blowing clouds like puff the magic dragon =P But on my hex nail controllers the lowest I could go with the same results was 540F.

Inserts should be dropped in cold and capped so you can wait and watch for the magic moment of when it starts to vaporize. But that doesnt mean you cannot try different ways of using them. When using inserts, I found raising my temps 50 to 100 degrees helped speed up the process of getting to the magical vape range

Hope everyone is having an excellent day =)

Shane

Also what is the difference between the 8mm and 6mm pearls? How do they differ in use ?

The axial coils need to be run hotter than the barrel coils since there is small gap between the coil and the banger. Where the barrel coil is fit snugger and so will always run at a lower temp because it does not have any gaps between it and the banger. This is not an issue, just something that you will see from anyone using an axial coil. Also for the temps... Most controllers have their own format of how they interpret the temp to the set temp and you can see a difference in set temps across units due to this. It doesn't mean one is better than another. It just means you need to mess with each one to find the happy place for the set temp. My Omron home brew setup is running at 500F and I am blowing clouds like puff the magic dragon =P But on my hex nail controllers the lowest I could go with the same results was 540F.

Inserts should be dropped in cold and capped so you can wait and watch for the magic moment of when it starts to vaporize. But that doesnt mean you cannot try different ways of using them. When using inserts, I found raising my temps 50 to 100 degrees helped speed up the process of getting to the magical vape range

Hope everyone is having an excellent day =)

Shane

Thank you for the reply Shane

Last thing was about the pearls?

What is the difference with them?

I think I found the smaller ones gave more flavour and can be moved around a bit more/easier

I have not tested enough yet to really know the diff though

@felvapes The pearls will get saturated with heat form sitting in the banger and in turn will help lower your over all temps and also vaporize the dabs faster. The 6mm are a bit more subtle than the 8mm as they are smaller and thats it in a broad stroke explanation =)

When I use the 6mm I can drop my temps about 5 to 10 degrees where the 8mm its 10 to 15 degree drop

@felvapes The pearls will get saturated with heat form sitting in the banger and in turn will help lower your over all temps and also vaporize the dabs faster. The 6mm are a bit more subtle than the 8mm as they are smaller and thats it in a broad stroke explanation =)

When I use the 6mm I can drop my temps about 5 to 10 degrees where the 8mm its 10 to 15 degree drop
Cheers thanks for that explanation

I noticed the 25mm opaque bottom bangers were back in stock so I snatched one up to replace the one I broke and got another clear bottomed banger as a back up. Now that I've started using this style of banger, I can't go back to using the little domeless jobbies I was using before.

I got the updated version of my bangers in and made sure to send you both in the updated format =)

What changed?

Buckets have been extended 2 mm
Neck has been moved up 1 mm
2mm have been added in the neck between the bucket and the bend

All of the above are to help keep the reclaim out of the neck. So far the tweaks have worked and I have added some pics of the old and the new below for comparison

New banger is on the left and the older version is on the right
thumbnail

New banger is on the right and the older version is on the left
thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

Things that are in or due in:
Mood mats are due end of this week
More colored Quartz Pi ball caps are due end of this week
25 and 30mm axial and regular and reverse Vrod coils are due next week
Sticker packs are up and come with one of each color of Octopus (10 total)
I also have Quartz Pi clear caps in stock in both 25 and 30mm size (Such a nice cap for milking up your dabs)

Hope everyone is having a great start to the week =)

Shane

I noticed the 25mm opaque bottom bangers were back in stock so I snatched one up to replace the one I broke and got another clear bottomed banger as a back up. Now that I've started using this style of banger, I can't go back to using the little domeless jobbies I was using before.
And who loves you, baby! hahaha

Mood mats shipped today and should be up on my site early next week =)

thumbnail

Heat transfer so the colors and image will be clean and POP!!!

Hope everyone is having a great week so far

Your loyal coil and quartz monger

Shane

Now that I finally have another opaque bottomed banger, I've been able to experiment with both that and the clear bottomed. And I've come to the conclusion that while both are great, I can see the difference and like the opaque best. Seems like the concentrates melt more consistently in them.

The opaque bangers are amazing. I think most consider them snake oil and will not pursue them. All those tiny bubbles trapped in the opaque puck really make the dab vaporizes faster than the clear. I am smitten with the 30mm version =P

The opaque bangers are amazing. I think most consider them snake oil and will not pursue them. All those tiny bubbles trapped in the opaque puck really make the dab vaporizes faster than the clear. I am smitten with the 30mm version =P
I like my 30mm opaque

Is there much diff between the clear and opaque inserts?

I went to buy a moodmat and 30mm opaque inserts/tweezers but they are all sold out on the site

Can you please save one of each for me when you restock and I will purchase Shane @710 coils

Last edited:
@felvapes I have not heard many compare the 2 inserts and I have not noticed any real difference between the clear and opaque. The mood mats will be live Wednesday and I have them up. But out of stock.

I will make sure to set you 2 aside and shoot you a message when they land =)

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back