Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
I have a 15% off sale running all Labor day weekend (This means Monday is included) and all you need to do is spend 20.00 or more and the discount will automatically be added at checkout =)

I have pre orders for my second round of ruby inserts and am expecting them in a week. So you can save 15% off one if you were looking to possibly add one to your arsenal without taxing the wallet

Hope everyone has a great Labor day weekend!!!!!!

Your ever loyal coil, quartz, and ruby monger

Shane

Damn, missed the sale (was waiting for Black Friday),but now I have introduced a friend to rosin on a bong in a 25mm banger using a torch and that night he said he wants to now spend the extra on a coil. I have my Menovo rewired to US defacto standard so all I need is a heater. I may as well get one for myself too if the coils will fit our bangers, 25mm opaque bottomed with 19mm up the side before hitting the joint spout, so will they fit?

Man, I’d love to get a proper quartz banger rig, but the prices are just out of my budget. Maybe I’ll win the September Instagram giveaway, heh.

Go the gate as a starter
You will probably want to upgrade once you start though

I tried the cheap route first and then ended up with the good stuff anyway

I’ve already sourced the bubbler I’m going to use. Just waiting for stock to come in. Then I’ll at least get a banger, a cap, and a torch. Later I can upgrade to coils.

Can you post a pic or a link to a pic so I can confirm
IMG_20190915_144046.jpg

ahh I get what you are talking about now =)

My coils should be fine. But I would be more than happy to give them a clear banger with the coil so they have a backup banger incase theirs does not fit as expected =)

Just let me know if they are interested and I would just need them to make an account on my site and to add shipping info so I could send them an invoice with the banger included for free

Thanks for the offer Shane, my friend is a bigger dinosaur than me, no computer and still uses a flip phone where you have to press the numeric keypad to send texts!
I will get a heater for myself at the same time so I will get 2x 25mm Axial coil heaters.
I see you even have PayPal...nice, she who must be obeyed, the finance minister, won't even know!
You will see my order shortly.

Near enough to 2 weeks and my parcel arrived today, ordered 2x axial heaters and received a few extras too, thanks Shane.!
Been having some dabs today and this is so much smoother on the throat than my DNail SiC that I can hit it for as long as I want while loading and after capping.
I managed to mow through some rosin (even managed a small snake dab that was great). The only problem is the Dnail cleans up so much more easily and seems to use less concentrate, still learning.
I have been hitting a surface temp between 500 to 600f so far and may drop lower again as I was getting a bit of char left at 620 ish?
The quartz might stay for special occasions (or when I just want that smooth toke)
My cheap opaque banger was a tight squeeze but is a nice interference fit (coil retainer not needed) The banger Shane threw in was just a slip in fit and will need the clips to hold it) The free banger is also 14mm so does not fit anything my friend owns so I will just give him my now fitted 18mm and I will just use one of my adapters, bloody 14mm (will fit my KromeDome but not its dropdowns...hmm.
IMG_20191003_160804.jpg

@710 coils heater coil also works flawlessly in my rewired Menovo PID controller, my Dnail caused HHHH errors in it that needed a quick temp change to reset every time I turned it on for the first time so I do not know what is happening there(it works on my RDK200 PID just fine as does my Dnail coil)

I just placed a couple orders with Shane as well. I had broken my carb cap (dammit...) and ordered the Pi that he stocks. And a couple bangers (since I seem to have a knack for breaking them). The carb cap is a bit smaller than I expected (I ordered the 25mm and probably should have gotten the 30).... and I think I prefer the larger ones. Fat fingers and all. But it's a nice quality and I received everything two days after ordering. Shane always throws in a little something. This time it was candy and stickers. Gotta love it. :thumbsup:

I have been hitting a surface temp between 500 to 600f so far and may drop lower again as I was getting a bit of char left at 620 ish?
I have my D-nail PID set to 515°F and love it there. No char and the hits are flavorful.

These are my favorite carb cap for spinning terp balls so far (only tried 4 types),
1570105551391.png

You just put it on and they spin, I just dropped one from chest height onto cement and it just bounced...I might get a couple of spares (broke my Motar crack pipe yesterday, I wasn't even using it, dropped a S/S drink bottle on it, bloody glass)
Thanks for the temp tip, was that with rosin?

Last edited:
These are my favorite carb cap for spinning terp balls so far (only tried 4 types),
View attachment 13545
You just put it on and they spin, I just dropped mone from chest height onto cement and it just bounced...I might get a couple of spares (broke my Motar crack pipe yesterday, I wasn't even using it, dropped a S/S drink bottle on it, bloody glass)
Thanks for the temp tip, was that with rosin?
They are the carb caps I like too with the QB
Sound up good.
I think it would work better on a 25 mm QB though as the 30 just fits it but I need to draw to get them going
I couldn't find any 30mm spinner caps

Yea the cleaning and ease of use was why my halo wins out most of the time
The QB is nice for a change up and different experience though

Torch is helpful for cleaning any black marks

And a saphire insert
Did you try ruby inserts?... Straight to the best with sapphire...nice!
Is it any good or just even more of a PITA to clean due to no torching, wet qtips when wet etc (I have been offered a cheap sapphire for the Halo)

@LesPlenty My coils should work fine with Dnail controllers. So what you report is not the norm. If you notice the coil acting odd. Let me know and I can send out a replacement if needed =)

@momofthegoons I can swap the cap for a 30mm if you want =) Just let me know and I will get the replacement sent out today and you just need to toss the original one in the mail. Easy Peasy

I will also have SiC 25mm inserts added to my site in the next week or so. The initial testing of the samples were better than expected and will be adding them to the lineup =)

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!!!!!

Shane

Did you try ruby inserts?... Straight to the best with sapphire...nice!
Is it any good or just even more of a PITA to clean due to no torching, wet qtips when wet etc (I have been offered a cheap sapphire for the Halo)
I found the saphire insert a pita on the halo
Too unstable and too much fuffing around cleaning
Nice flavour but heaps annoying trying to clean after each dab

I did sometimes put it in the bottom of the QB for flavour, but often it goes unused

A pity as it is nice on the halo but not practical

No I have ruby pearls which are good
But not the inserts
I found the clear inserts in the QB a bit annoying to clean also so don't use often

Edit
My last post was meant to say spin up good not sound up
Bloody autocorrect

My coils should work fine with Dnail controllers
Your axial coils work flawlessly on my RDK200 and Menovo PID conroller, it is my Dnil flat coil that causes the HHHH error on the Menovo PID, so all great and dandy here, at least I now know it was the Dnail causing the problem with the PID and not my Menovo rewire of the XLR plug.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back