Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips ABV - What do you do with it

I combine a half cup of ABV with a half cup of coconut oil, stir well and place in a smaller sized mason jar so it's almost a complete fit.
I'll then infuse in a sous vide for about 5-6 hours.
(The mason jar lid must not be tightly closed by the way, just a little bit.)
Then cool, strain, and use that oil for a batch of homemade organic cacao brownies with coconut sugar, all purpose flour, 2 eggs, a touch of vanilla, cacao powder.
Store in the freezer, eat cold.
This resolves the problem of figuring out what's for dessert.
I had many seasons with the store bought brownie mixes.
It's not something that I'd like to repeat.

Words have meaning.
They do
Sometimes we mispeak but I think everyone including yourself understood what I was saying

It is common language, although incorrect, to say more pure or less pure - almost like slang
I often can be picky on the meanings of words too but didn't think that we were in a forum that was judging people who may be on different levels of education/life
Although I do understand already the meaning of pure I misspoke here as I come here as a stoner who was thinking in my stoner information mode, while stoned

I do think it was obvious what I meant though regardless and unless you genuinely could not understand what I was trying to convey I don't see the need to have corrected me or someone else who may speak differently to you

Communication is about conveying a message to each other and then the receiving and understanding of that message
As long that is done all is well

Unless we are in a situation that calls for correct and pure English

IMG_5472.JPG

Yep
Definitely a pompous and elitist character
Along with your cosigner jeffp there
Enjoy that energy

@momofthegoons this is targeted and purposeful
It's just a polite way of abusing someone
One of these sly ways of trying to bait a person to react and then point fingers

Nothing to do with the thread or communication

Just being a smart a#$
One of these people who are probably much more polite in person

There are people who speak English as a second language on here
Considering your attacks were unprovoked and consistent I wonder if you'd pick on them the same way

Bullee is an apt name for you
The kind who picks on other kids for having less and then cries to the teacher when they respond in mom's basement

I got through University with almost all HDs mate
I don't come here to be anal and write essays
I come here to share information and be stoned and talk like a stoner

You understood everything I communicated
You are just a bored bully......

Last edited:
Here is a recipe for triple threat coconut oil from Vapelife forum. I'll post if you don't mind. Can I mention where this is from ? IDK :lmao:

My triple cook method for extra strong AVB edibles

• Lucic and Chong
    Unfortunately, I've been going through a bit of a rough stretch right now. I caught pneumonia about 3 weeks ago, it's all cleared up now but my lungs are still struggling to recover. My Dr says it could be 2-3 months before they're totally cleared back up.

And since I take my health very seriously that means no vaping for a while, I don't want to do anything that will extend my recovery time. My Dr even told me that if I'm going to use marijuana to stick to edibles for the time being. I had some AVB chocolates in me freezer for a while that I've been working on, but since this is my new way of consuming marijuana for now, I need to make more. And I thought that I'd share my method for making super strong AVB edibles.

First off, I start with water curing the AVB. I measured one cup of AVB and wrapped it in cheesecloth, I did this 6 times to make 6 AVB balls.
    h1y0k9itsv9juiv8.jpg

Then to water cure it, I soak the AVB in water, changing the water a couple of times a day until the water comes out clear. Early on in the water curing I change the water multiple times in a day, the water will almost look like tea. And closer to the end I just change it twice daily. It took me 8 days of curing to get the water clear. I find that keeping something weighted on top of the AVB balls help, otherwise they float.
    2a08f248ini25aag.jpg

b6mks7krp4k2wtir.jpg

After the curing I ring out as much water as I could and then empty the AVB from the cheesecloth and put in in containers on low in the oven to dry it out again.
    v236gud85hxp0a47.jpg

Now we get to my triple cook method. I use a slow cooker and coconut oil (butter would also work). I have my AVB divided into 3 equal portions, put one into the slow cooker, cover it with coconut oil and start cooking on low. Because of the triple cook I put a little extra coconut oil in as I know that I'll lose some with each straining process.
    sgyw6gacvyrh2k2f.jpg

I cooked the first batch for about 6 hours, strained the coconut oil, and used that same coconut oil for portion 2 of the AVB.
    igneb6koksuggwfi.jpg

The 2nd portion cooked for a bit longer as I put it in and then went to bed. It probably cooked for about 8 hours. Strain that AVB and use the same coconut oil for portion 3. Rinse, repeat. After about another 6 hours I double strained the last batch of coconut oil. Once just through the strainer to get out the bigger pieces, and a 2nd time with some added cheesecloth to get out some of the finer pieces.

My theory behind the triple cook is that I don't believe that the coconut oil is fully saturated with THC after one run, and the extra 2 will make it much stronger. Also, I have so much AVB that I don't really know what to do with it, so I would't be upset if it didn't work. But in my opinion it works great. This is the darkest AVB coconut oil that I've ever made. Usually it comes out a dark green, but this is so dark that it's almost black.
    7ypbpt7sze3j5yxm.jpg

I just make simple chocolates with mine. 1 part oil with an equal part cocoa and maple syrup (or agave, simple syrup) to sweeten. By doing this it makes them extra strong as you are basically eating just the oil. When used in baking there will be a lot less per piece, usually.

Put them in molds and then the freezer.
    95hy035rmqdxhf4v.jpg

0f741qo6rkdfn6ok.jpg

5i3m4n5m0fwsw3ib.jpg

Since I also can't vape my CBD, I also decarbed some CBD bud in a turkey bag (to keep the smell down). I read online that CBD needs to be decarbed longer, so I went 45 minutes at 250. The big chocolates are CBD and the little gummy bear sized are AVB (and really strong). I made about 180 little chocolate bears and 15 bigger CBD treats, that I'll be breaking into 3-4 pieces. I also got a bit more creative with the CBD ones and added puffed quinoa and dehydrated banana pieces. Should be set for a while.

2fxu58webj3nb0j0.jpg

3kr1664ofk0gshpw.jpg

2 years ago
  • Pud
    ↪Lucic and Chong
    looks good and easy to do!... thank you for sharing all the details in your method. And that's what ardent also says that you can run the same oil in multiple batches as the oil is not supersaturated with thc in just a single batch. Thanks again!
    2 years ago
  • Lucic and Chong
    ↪Pud
    It is super easy, just very time consuming. It can be a bit of a commitment to go a week of water curing and then a day and a half of oil cooking. That's why I make sure that I make lots when I do this.

I forgot to add earlier too- if you do the coconut oil chocolates, make sure to keep them in the freezer/fridge. The coconut oil will melt again i it's too warm and cause a big mess.
    2 years ago
  • Riik
    Looks like a torturous way to do things but if it brings better results than the easy path, kudos.
    Have you compared an 'easier' way vs yours in a scientific way? Is it worth the extra work? Curious...
    Something I would look into is the choice of fat you are using, plenty of healthier choices than coconut oil. I use a vegetable oil with a high smoking point like avocado, grapeseed, almond, etc; always refined, never virgin.
    2 years ago
  • bonghopper
    Something I would look into is the choice of fat you are using, plenty of healthier choices than coconut oil. I use a vegetable oil with a high smoking point like avocado, grapeseed, almond, etc; always refined, never virgin.— Riik
    Organic Coconut oil is super healthy, so is organic herb/grass fed butter. Coconut and ghee have a higher smoke point than all of those other oils you listed.

Those oils will also be rancid after the cook. Taste it.

With profit driven industrial large scale agriculture comes the marketing propaganda to promote it. (At what ever cost to human health - margerine the most extreme example)

There are so many unhealthful inflamation inducing plant oils now available with mechanised agriculture. Hunter/Gatherer/Gardener/Forager/Herder type people had a 1:1 ratio of Omega 3 : Omega 6
    Modern Westerners 1 : 20
    Leading to modern inflamatory diseases.
    Seed oils contain less Omega 3 than 6, even Hemp.
    Seed oils pressed in the presence of oxygen go rancid quickly.
    Coconut oil is one of the few anti-microbial fats. Fats usually attract moulds and toxins readily.
    Hence the reason for organic - There are as many agri-chemicals in one pound of non-oranic butter as there are in 10 years worth of non-organic vegetables.
    Grass/Herb fed dairy/beef have a higher Omega 3 to Omega 6 ratio than grain/legume fed.
    Most seeds and grains which are staples in modern western diets contain anti nutrients, which when prepared the traditional way leach out anti nutrients before cooking or sprouting.

My wife's studying Herbal Medicine, its a real follow on for the information hungry who didn't get enough from nutrition courses/studies, I'm learning a lot from her. It really connects the dots for the garden too, suddenly, with the right bit of knowledge, certain weeds in the garden are actually delicious and contain nutrition found nowhere else.

I like to use de-odourised organic coconut oil for extractions.
    I just compost the AVB, that AVB flavour never goes away,

and dry sift only :)
    2 years ago
  • bulllee
    ↪bonghopper
    :cool: I love to hear what people are cooking with. I tend to use butter, and or coconut oil old fashion organic. No mct oil. Water cured sometimes, all depends what i'm looking to achieve.
    ↪Lucic and Chong
    The pictures are looking yummy. Happy trails. :up:
    2 years ago
  • Lucic and Chong
    Have you compared an 'easier' way vs yours in a scientific way? Is it worth the extra work?— Riik
    If by easier you mean only cooking one batch and not using the same oil for another 2 cooks, I always used to do that. No scientific tests were done at all, but I know just from eating it that it was substantially stronger this way than with just a single cook. This is AVB, not fresh bud, so it won't completely saturate the oil in one cook. And I don't find it tedious at all, just a time commitment. So for me, I do find it worth the extra work.

Or if it's the water curing that you think is torturous, you can definitely skip that step. But it does make a difference in the amount of AVB flavor that will be in the edibles. I never used to water cure, but now that I've experienced the difference it makes I won't go back. I like my edibles to taste good too, not just be strong.

Also, I completely disagree with you on the coconut oil. Most of the articles that I have read support coconut oil as being one of the healthier oils to use. And I never use refined, always organic and virgin.
    2 years ago
  • highasakite
    Most of the articles that I have read support coconut oil as being one of the healthier oils to use. And I never use refined, always organic and virgin.— Lucic and Chong
    Agreed. Good thread. Have you considered using lecithin? I've heard from a few different sources that it makes it even more potent.

When I've made AVB coconut oil and water cured, I tried to speed up the "curing" by rinsing often and squeezing the AVB balls, instead of just letting it sit there for hours and hours. Not sure if that's the correct strategy though.

When I've done it, I end up throwing most of it away because it's not strong enough or I don't like the effects. The last time, it separated in the fridge and part was solid and part liquid. Ended up throwing it away because it was gross. Might try it again sometime though.
    2 years ago
  • bulllee
    ↪Lucic and Chong
    Over the years I have heard varying opinions on coconut oil vs butter.
    Here's a couple of good reads http://www.eatingwell.com/article/283864/this-or-that-butter-vs-coconut-oil/
    https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...iet-wellness-cooking-ingredient-a7793961.html
    I use both, but I prefer grass fed euro butter for taste and it's higher fat than American.
    Healthwise it's a lot of saturated fat to be consuming either way. Ghee is another fat I've used (highly clarified butter). All have their own peculiar way to bake or cook with, just a matter of correctly paring them. If it's bioavailability your looking for coconut oil is slightly higher. :up:
    2 years ago
  • Lucic and Chong
    ↪bulllee
    I don't eat dairy, so butter isn't an option for me. But I will agree that coconut oil isn't the health miracle that some make it out to be. It's just better than a lot of the other options, in my opinion.

Have you considered using lecithin?— highasakite
    I haven't, but now I'm curious. I might have to look into it a bit more before my next batch.
    2 years ago
  • bulllee
    ↪Lucic and Chong
    Sorry didn't know about the dairy :yikes: . Lecithin is a big improvement, I use a sunflower lecithin, there's also a soy. Some people have issues with soy. It acts as an emulsifier and helps to bind cannabinoids to your cb1 receptors. It's a must with coconut oil. I use 1Tbls of sunflower lecithin per 8oz of oil of fat. It will not affect the taste or texture. It comes in liquid and granular form. I use the liquid form in tinctures (non alcohol) and granular baking. It's a noticeable difference. I used it cooking commercially in baking. Egg yolks are a great substitute for lecithin, just a pain to incorporate in a lot of foods.
    2 years agoOptions2
  • highasakite
    I mostly followed these guides (the first one talks about lecithin):

https://wakeandbake.co/cannabis-infused-coconut-oil/
    https://wakeandbake.co/making-cannabis-oil-in-a-mason-jar/
    2 years ago

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back