Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips ABV - What do you do with it

75% flour, 25% ABV flour - Ex. If a recipe calls for 1 cup of flour, use 3/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup ABV flour.

That's how I do it anyway, I read it in a thread somewhere. Easy to adjust to your own tastes and preferences, we're just eating ABV.

And I always water cure my ABV. It still tastes bad (my wife hates it) but it's better than doing nothing for my taste.

I store mine in a quart mason jar in the fridge. Would the freezer be better? Does it matter? Not sure. Anyone feel free to chime in. Thanks.

75% flour, 25% ABV flour - Ex. If a recipe calls for 1 cup of flour, use 3/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup ABV flour.

That's how I do it anyway, I read it in a thread somewhere. Easy to adjust to your own tastes and preferences, we're just eating ABV.

And I always water cure my ABV. It still tastes bad (my wife hates it) but it's better than doing nothing for my taste.

I store mine in a quart mason jar in the fridge. Would the freezer be better? Does it matter? Not sure. Anyone feel free to chime in. Thanks.
I've done the ABV flour, as well as canna flour. I had a bad green out, and gave up on edibles, but every once in awhile I think of trying again. Usually, I end up with butter, tincture, coconut oil and flour, then can't use it all. I like making the ingredients up, but it would take forever for just me to get through a batch of cookies. It just feels so economical to use ABV, then I feel bad for not using up edibles instead, as more ABV comes along.
I do have hope, that this time it will be different.

I've done the ABV flour, as well as canna flour. I had a bad green out, and gave up on edibles, but every once in awhile I think of trying again. Usually, I end up with butter, tincture, coconut oil and flour, then can't use it all. I like making the ingredients up, but it would take forever for just me to get through a batch of cookies. It just feels so economical to use ABV, then I feel bad for not using up edibles instead, as more ABV comes along.
I do have hope, that this time it will be different.
Edibles are part of everyday life for me
Its a pain but step dosing your edible material until you achieve a desirable effect is the best way to start
All the issues I read around edibles are non potency (usually bad decarb/extraction) or green out (bad dosing method)
Even using ABV you have to consider dosing
I have streamlined my methodology enough that I make edibles, split one in half and gauge the effect from a half dose
My tolerance guesstimate is 25-50 mg before things get wonderfully weird (I know light weight, folks on another site operate in hundreds of mg)
Sorbet recipe only differs from the potency of the cannabis used to infuse it
In a year I went from gulping several tablespoons of coconut oil to a scoop of raspberry/lime sorbet to medicate

95018AF4-6467-4EDE-8B20-C8CCAAC218AF.jpeg

The effects of this olive oil was way beyond my expectations.....great results with very little effort, just like daddy likes it. I was at wild 9 for solid 3 hours with very good ,clean sleep.
No idea on potency but I had a shot glass of my initial batch. Amazing taste too, I am fully fat adapted so taking this as a shot is a great option too, disaster pants can be an issue for some .

IMG_20210307_125138.jpgIMG_20210307_125643.jpgIMG_20210307_125816.jpgIMG_20210307_125937.jpgIMG_20210307_130307.jpgIMG_20210307_130344.jpgIMG_20210307_130700.jpgIMG_20210307_130946.jpgIMG_20210307_131028.jpgIMG_20210307_132249.jpg

Stevia blueberry lemon sorbet
This is a "rough" batch
The tincture used to infuse the stevia could have been filtered better including a carbon scrub
What I cannot get around is the taste of the stevia and it tastes artificial
There are alternatives that need to be explored
The texture is a lot different, very light and airy

Stevia blueberry lemon sorbet
This is a "rough" batch
The tincture used to infuse the stevia could have been filtered better including a carbon scrub
What I cannot get around is the taste of the stevia and it tastes artificial
There are alternatives that need to be explored
The texture is a lot different, very light and airy
Don’t feel bad, lots of folks cannot adapt due to genetic taste design.Here what you could try:
-xilitol or other sugar alcohols
- monk fruit extract
-low glycemic alternates such as coconut sugar or similar

Try putting a large amount of ABV in oil, olive oil or some other kind. Leave it in there for a few months. Shake it twice a day. Then strain it and see what you get. I’ve never done that but I’ve thought about it.
I have the magical butter maker and use coconut oil. I use a few cycles. I haven’t made edibles in a long time. I can’t seem to eat the right amount. Im either over the top or nothing happens. I like predictability, no surprises.

ive had good luck making chocolate muffins and banana bread. I went on a trip and would eat a tablespoon of my medicated coconut oil each day. It kept me a bit too tired. I think the ABV does that. Probably better for sleep.

Last edited:
Don’t feel bad, lots of folks cannot adapt due to genetic taste design.Here what you could try:
-xilitol or other sugar alcohols
- monk fruit extract
-low glycemic alternates such as coconut sugar or similar
Looking at sucrose esters, methyl cellulose and others as possible substitutes for the emulsifier
There are some other substitutes for the stevia so ill give those a try
It is not horrible, just has that "diet" taste
IMG_20210307_174150.jpg

Try putting a large amount of ABV in oil, olive oil or some other kind. Leave it in there for a few months. Shake it twice a day. Then strain it and see what you get. I’ve never done that but I’ve thought about it.
I have the magical butter maker and use coconut oil. I use a few cycles. I haven’t made edibles in a long time. I can’t seem to eat the right amount. Im either over the top or nothing happens. I like predictability, no surprises.

ive had good luck making chocolate muffins and banana bread. I went on a trip and would eat a tablespoon of my medicated coconut oil each day. It kept me a bit too tired. I think the ABV does that. Probably better for sleep.

I have a bunch of ABV ready to get the "dev" immersion circulator treatment strictly pain and sleep medicatio
Have an MBM too but shelved it once I learned cold ethanol extraction, I can filter my tincture and reduce it into coconut oil so that a teaspoon of oil delivers a 8-12 hour punch depending on the strain
All about eliminating as much "weed" taste as possible, most of my edibles are free of any cannabis taste and when it is still there it is far in the background

Last edited:
I have turned it into smaller bits in a Vitamix, soaked it in everclear for a year, then used a cheese cloth to strain it. I put the mix into little dropper bottles and handed them out to friends. Everyone said they enjoyed it but it wasn't for me. I'm not a big drinker so I was using it sparingly.

I am sitting on a gallon size zip lock bag of it stuffed to almost the bursting point. I keep thinking I'll do something with this and I'll be sad if I throw it out. Still have done nothing with it, still haven't thrown it out.

Mostly I am putting it in smaller containers like these.

20210313_093702.jpg
20210313_093432.jpg

Then transferring it to my garbage can.

60AA305D-0933-40E5-BAA5-987A7E6432B1.jpeg

Batch 2.1.0 of my Olive Oil is gone, this is the very best use of abv I have found for when I am home....it checks all boxes, great feedback from all involved ...6 thumbs up
I am so happy with this that I am going to improve and standardize this process.I will test potency as I finish dial it in

Most of my ABV lately is mixed with 50% Afghan hash , I’m wondering if it would safe to include into a batch of cannaoil.
My concerns are the possible contaminants in exported hash versus bubble or dry sift product.
My input doesn't mean much, cuz I don't ever get too involved with making edibles... usually just sautéed kief (or weed) in buttah... But my guess is unless the hash is complete shit (like smells like soap or crankcase oil/real diesel etc), and you are planning on a decarb step (?), I wouldn't worry about it too much if your digestive system is in good shape... Your body can generally handle much nastier shit ingesting over vaping... :twocents:

If you trust it enough to vape it then using it for oil or butter should not be that much more of a risk
I use flower from a secondary/black market source that is reliable and well known
Have a vape tincture waiting for reduction and some material waiting for extraction
IMG_20210214_184650.jpg

Today's Frankenstein monster
IMG_20210405_231639.jpgIMG_20210405_231645.jpg

This is ABV that was put in the freezer along with everclear 190 for 24 hours
Did cold alcohol extraction and reduction into simple syrup using xanthan and acacia gum to bind the syrup and oil

IMG_20210405_232056.jpg

This is a batch of syrup and oil ready for review

last evening i decided to try to get a handle on potency before i went to the trouble of abv extraction.
so i was going to eat a gram. (i weigh 280lbs - a regular user with a fairly up-there tollerance)
then i thought of all the folks here suggesting 1/2 of that….well, i measured out a 1/2 gram of medium brown abv and mixed it with some cottage cheese. down the hatch at 6:30pm. by 8:30 i was feeling it coming on.
by 9pm i was pretty relaxed/tired. not buzzed, rather sleepy. by 10pm walking a straight line might have been a trick.
in the hay at 10pm.
this morning, i was pretty thick headed until 10am….then the head cleared.

in the future i may just eat a 1/2 gram when i know i need to catch z’s…..my head was thick early, but i slept a solid 8.3hrs (cpap tells me) and i have felt great/refreshed after 10am…..so i will give my abv a solid B for getting the job done.
man was i ripped at 10pm….my eyes were red-on-red
i am very glad i did not dose a full gram!

Last edited:
XvZOONpBhfvuuG5bXAIbdTqoKFrjCeZMF6BqO-U6DY7yKYTU_XoIENc2_59otV5oSg4EYVFQaPLKsrCUh_njcHzRsoziFs2K2Go-fcaMgp-qB9n8KiJW8ve3Bhvz4_0qFPjrEJ7ywoCd7FJvOEB_V6poblUD9Nw=s0-d-e1-ft

Egg salad infused with AVB​

Ingredients:

4 servings

• 8 large hard-boiled eggs
  • 5 cup mayo
  • 1 teaspoon mustard (dijon is our favorite)
  • Half finely chopped red onion (you can use a food processor)
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onion
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter (room temperature, soft)
  • 2-4 g of water cured AVB (depending on your tolerance)
  • Salt and pepper

1. Place the eggs in a pot and fill the pot up with cold water. (Make sure the water is covering the eggs)
  2. Place it on the stove and bring the water to boil.
  3. Boil the eggs for 12-13 minutes.
  4. Drain the eggs and fill up the pot with ice-cold water again. Let the eggs cool down in the water. (It is easier to clean the shell if the eggs are cold)
  5. Remove the shell and break the eggs into small pieces with a fork
  6. Chop the onions or place them into a food processor
  7. Combine all the other ingredients with the eggs in a bowl and use salt and pepper to season it
  8. Let it cool in the fridge and serve it in the desired way!

We can’t say it enough, that always take it slow when you start creating dishes with AVB. Potency depends on the original bud and the way of decarboxylation (activation of raw cannabis) process. So be cautious and watch how your body reacts to AVB infused dishes.

XvZOONpBhfvuuG5bXAIbdTqoKFrjCeZMF6BqO-U6DY7yKYTU_XoIENc2_59otV5oSg4EYVFQaPLKsrCUh_njcHzRsoziFs2K2Go-fcaMgp-qB9n8KiJW8ve3Bhvz4_0qFPjrEJ7ywoCd7FJvOEB_V6poblUD9Nw=s0-d-e1-ft

Egg salad infused with AVB​

Ingredients:

4 servings

• 8 large hard-boiled eggs
  • 5 cup mayo
  • 1 teaspoon mustard (dijon is our favorite)
  • Half finely chopped red onion (you can use a food processor)
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onion
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter (room temperature, soft)
  • 2-4 g of water cured AVB (depending on your tolerance)
  • Salt and pepper

1. Place the eggs in a pot and fill the pot up with cold water. (Make sure the water is covering the eggs)
  2. Place it on the stove and bring the water to boil.
  3. Boil the eggs for 12-13 minutes.
  4. Drain the eggs and fill up the pot with ice-cold water again. Let the eggs cool down in the water. (It is easier to clean the shell if the eggs are cold)
  5. Remove the shell and break the eggs into small pieces with a fork
  6. Chop the onions or place them into a food processor
  7. Combine all the other ingredients with the eggs in a bowl and use salt and pepper to season it
  8. Let it cool in the fridge and serve it in the desired way!

We can’t say it enough, that always take it slow when you start creating dishes with AVB. Potency depends on the original bud and the way of decarboxylation (activation of raw cannabis) process. So be cautious and watch how your body reacts to AVB infused dishes.
Ugh….. this does NOT sound delicious….:lol:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back