Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Add cannabis oil or butter to your recipe

Does anyone have experience adding cbd/thc oil to their canna coconut preparation? This would either be in addition to decarbed bud/shake/trim or on its own. I guess I wouldn’t have to decarb the oil?

I have access to oil syringes that for the most part are about 500mg of THC. Then there’s an 803mg RSO syringe.

I figured I might try buying Chocoley Chocolate wafers from MBM and add some ultra powerful canna coconut oil (made in the MBM) to them. You don’t have to temper these wafers so the chocolate might not be the greatest but as long as they do the job they’ll be good enough.

Last edited:
Does anyone have experience adding cbd/thc oil to their canna coconut preparation? This would either be in addition to decarbed bud/shake/trim or on its own. I guess I wouldn’t have to decarb the oil?

I have access to oil syringes that for the most part are about 500mg of THC. Then there’s an 803mg RSO syringe.

I figured I might try buying Chocoley Chocolate wafers from MBM and add some ultra powerful canna coconut oil (made in the MBM) to them. You don’t have to temper these wafers so the chocolate might not be the greatest but as long as they do the job they’ll be good enough.

We use concentrates (rosin, rso) to infuse coconut oil, or clarified butter. If its to be cooked then no you don't need to decarb, and RSO doesn't need decarbing, but rosin does.

I'd start slow and work your way up. Especially adding to already infused coconut oil. Medibles have a wide variety of reactions and could cause problems for some people.

Decarbing depends on whether you want psychotropic effect. Without decarbing you'll have thca and cbda, both of which have therapeutic benefit but no 'high'. Decarbing removes the acidic molecule, leaving thc and CBD.

Good point.

A couple years back I made some cannacaps using rosin, that I took pains to not get too hot because we wanted the " A " cannabinoids. Turns out we still got buzzed, maybe just not as strong. Now I think pressing at 200 F combined with the pressure might have been enough to partially decarb.

I recently made some AVB coconut oil and used it in brownies. I am not sure if I didn't use enough but I ate like 5 brownies over the weekend and all it did was make me ruminate! I did follow @momofthegoons advice when I posted on IG that it looked weird...a warm water bath made all the weird clumps go away. :)

coconut.JPG

I recently made some AVB coconut oil and used it in brownies. I am not sure if I didn't use enough but I ate like 5 brownies over the weekend and all it did was make me ruminate! I did follow @momofthegoons advice when I posted on IG that it looked weird...a warm water bath made all the weird clumps go away. :)

View attachment 7776
Unfortunately, butter made from abv usually isn't very strong. I like to mix some abv in with decarbed herb when I'm making butters or oils for edibles. And because even that can be iffy in strength there are times I'll throw in a little decarbed concentrate. Depends on what I'm making and what I want it to do.

That said... I get differing results all the time. I'm still striving for that 'exact science' lol.

I've had more success making FECO out of abv.

Unfortunately, butter made from abv usually isn't very strong. I like to mix some abv in with decarbed herb when I'm making butters or oils for edibles. And because even that can be iffy in strength there are times I'll throw in a little decarbed concentrate. Depends on what I'm making and what I want it to do.

That said... I get differing results all the time. I'm still striving for that 'exact science' lol.

I've had more success making FECO out of abv.

That's the problem we've run into as well.

Now we make winterized RSO from abv and pressed rosin pucks. This is mixed with rosin and carefully measured with coconut oil and lecithin. This makes for more precise doses.

The winterizing goes like this, after a batch of RSO is done, I mix it with ethanol and freeze it for a few days. Then filter it through coffee filters. The filter collects most of the plant waxes, and when the mix is rendered down its much cleaner, and stronger.

It's kind of a hassle to get oil from abv, but what makes it worth it is the analgesic qualities to abv oil. Great for sleep.

We also make cannacaps from just rosin for a different effect.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back