Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape AirVape Legacy Pro

Speaking of 18650 barreries.
The Legacy Pro has a 18650 with 3200mAh ·
What do you have to look out for when buying a replacement battery?

If I google a 18650 battery, I can easily find some, however with a different Ah.
The MAH is not the issue

You need to make sure it has a 10a draw or higher
This is the important part to match for the 18650 and your vapes

Haven't posted here for a bit
Still love it in on demand mode full temp
The dosing caps were a real let down
They are too small and don't have mesh floor/lids
The threads are too fine

I drilled the bottom out and they work much better now and are easy to load as the lid stays on
Only issue is they are still too small

I am currently helping the technicians design a new and improved cap via email
Hopefully they will implement my suggestions properly and beta test them first
We might get some good caps soon enough

Was disappointing after the long wait getting this design

Last edited:
The dosing caps were a real let down
They are too small and don't have mesh floor/lids
The threads are too fine
We haven't really shown a pic of what these look like (or where to get them)....

Available here:

And they look like this:

Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 6.20.07 AM.jpeg

My first thought, looking at these, is way to 'fiddly.' Due to arthritis, there are times I have dexterity issues with things this small and screwing the lid on this would be a pita for me. I struggle with the loading caps for the Edge at times and they just snap on.

I drilled the bottom out and they work much better now and are easy to load as the lid stays on

I'm assuming you drilled your hole in that little 'circle' in the middle of the bottom portion of the cap? How did that help with keeping the lid on? Or did it just help the air flow?

In any case a redesign of these would be a good idea.

We haven't really shown a pic of what these look like (or where to get them)....

Available here:

And they look like this:

View attachment 43764

My first thought, looking at these, is way to 'fiddly.' Due to arthritis, there are times I have dexterity issues with things this small and screwing the lid on this would be a pita for me. I struggle with the loading caps for the Edge at times and they just snap on.

I'm assuming you drilled your hole in that little 'circle' in the middle of the bottom portion of the cap? How did that help with keeping the lid on? Or did it just help the air flow?

In any case a redesign of these would be a good idea.
They absolutely suck right now lol
The tiny threads are a pita
Everyone with any kind of hand issues is having troubles
Even I have trouble with them
They need either a 1/4 turn thick thread or push pull lids
The lid is too short and should be taller to take up the space where the door disc is (I removed this for airflow)
Taller cap will also allow the extra weed to be in place which will keep the sesh time and help with cloud density
The top and bottom need to be wide mesh or at least a cross/hatch type pattern for airflow

I drilled the entire bottom part out and they now perform and make clouds
But the sesh is over too quickly and the hits not as satisfying because they are too small and reduce the load too much
If the lid had mesh too and you could fit more weed in they would work really well I think

Now I drilled the hole in the bottom I don't mess with the lid as I just pack upside down
They did get the walls right and nicely form fit to the shape of the bowl
IMG20230117223601.jpg
IMG20230117223610.jpg

They absolutely suck right now lol
The tiny threads are a pita
Everyone with any kind of hand issues is having troubles
Even I have trouble with them
They need either a 1/4 turn thick thread or push pull lids
The lid is too short and should be taller to take up the space where the door disc is (I removed this for airflow)
Taller cap will also allow the extra weed to be in place which will keep the sesh time and help with cloud density
The top and bottom need to be wide mesh or at least a cross/hatch type pattern for airflow

I drilled the entire bottom part out and they now perform and make clouds
But the sesh is over too quickly and the hits not as satisfying because they are too small and reduce the load too much
If the lid had mesh too and you could fit more weed in they would work really well I think

Now I drilled the hole in the bottom I don't mess with the lid as I just pack upside down
They did get the walls right and nicely form fit to the shape of the bowl
View attachment 43765View attachment 43766

I'm waiting on thei AV Legacy SE this week...couldn't resist VAS given the greatly reduced price and the wireless charger included.

I have no need, typically, for packing caps for "out and about" but it might be nice to have a cap or two to help the unit stay cleaner, longer. Plus at nearing age 69 and having cancer there's only so much effort I'm willing to put into modding vapes and/or accessories!

However, I'm wondering if just placing the cap lid on the top of the packed bowl would work, somewhat? At least until AirVape designs something more user friendly. Anyone try that yet?

Of course I don't need 6 caps for this trial...anyone interested in dividing an order 2 or 3 ways?

I'm waiting on thei AV Legacy SE this week...couldn't resist VAS given the greatly reduced price and the wireless charger included.

I have no need, typically, for packing caps for "out and about" but it might be nice to have a cap or two to help the unit stay cleaner, longer. Plus at nearing age 69 and having cancer there's only so much effort I'm willing to put into modding vapes and/or accessories!

However, I'm wondering if just placing the cap lid on the top of the packed bowl would work, somewhat? At least until AirVape designs something more user friendly. Anyone try that yet?

Of course I don't need 6 caps for this trial...anyone interested in dividing an order 2 or 3 ways?
The legacy SE is a different vape to the ALP
The ALP is meant to be a lot better, the SE can combust apparently

The oven shape is also different so won't take these caps that are form fit to the oven shape

A mighty screen on top of the bowl already worked well to improve mess and airflow (and better than a lid will), but that doesn't give you the convenience of caps for loading and keeping clean/mess free

This is the biggest want/need for caps with this vape - maintenance and mess free, plus quick and easy loading/unloading without a funnel/scoop

If you find the SE is not as good as you had hoped, at least you now will get the customer loyalty discounts and can get an ALP for the superior performance at half price (and any future new model releases

The legacy SE is a different vape to the ALP
The ALP is meant to be a lot better, the SE can combust apparently

The oven shape is also different so won't take these caps that are form fit to the oven shape

A mighty screen on top of the bowl already worked well to improve mess and airflow (and better than a lid will), but that doesn't give you the convenience of caps for loading and keeping clean/mess free

This is the biggest want/need for caps with this vape - maintenance and mess free, plus quick and easy loading/unloading without a funnel/scoop

If you find the SE is not as good as you had hoped, at least you now will get the customer loyalty discounts and can get an ALP for the superior performance at half price (and any future new model releases

Thanks! Really appreciate the detailed reply!

The MAH is not the issue

You need to make sure it has a 10a draw or higher
This is the important part to match for the 18650 and your vapes
I see.
I am sure you have a spare battery for your LP already, right? :weed:
If so, would you show me an example of a battery that would macht our LP perfectly?

Honestly, I didn't know that there were dosing caps.
But as I read from @felvapes , they do not seem to be good.

@felvapes, by the way I'd ilke to tell you that I now totally agree with you about how great the on-demand mode of the LP is. I love it!!
As I bought it, I still had verly little experience with dry herbs vaporisers.
I really like the LP!
But this is my only vaporiser (apart from the Volcano hybrid) and what if it breaks down?
I might be still the only one here in this form who has only one vaporiser :biggrin:. I reckon that I need to buy a second one.
I like the convection extraction with on demand mode. What other vaporisers do you suggest?

If so, would you show me an example of a battery that would macht our LP perfectly?
All these type of batteries have a Continuous Draw Rating (CDR) and it is measured in amps. The higher the amp rating the better the device will run. The highest CDR 18650 battery (the Legacy uses these) is currently the Molicel P26a or P28a. The P28a has a slightly higher capacity than the P26a so will maybe give one or 2 extra puffs.
The main thing is to buy from a reputable seller as there are a lot of fakes about.
I have been told a few times these guys are legit,
Edit to show the slight difference of having a higher CDR battery, it seems to depend on how 'good' the OG battery was,

I see.
I am sure you have a spare battery for your LP already, right? :weed:

Honestly, I didn't know that there were dosing caps.
But as I read from @felvapes , they do not seem to be good.

@felvapes, by the way I'd ilke to tell you that I now totally agree with you about how great the on-demand mode of the LP is. I love it!!
As I bought it, I still had verly little experience with dry herbs vaporisers.
I really like the LP!
But this is my only vaporiser (apart from the Volcano hybrid) and what if it breaks down?
I might be still the only one here in this form who has only one vaporiser :biggrin:. I reckon that I need to buy a second one.
I like the convection extraction with on demand mode. What other vaporisers do you suggest?
The batteries @LesPlenty mentioned are great options and used in powerful portable vapes by many
I will probably buy molicells if I need more 18650s in the future
I am using Sony vt6 18660s atm and they are also a great battery

As for other vapes that is a question I could answer with an essay hahaa
It you want portable and powerful the top dogs atm are
ALP (you own)
TM2
Roffu
The TA thermal accumulator
- there are also quite a few other options that are good out there, those are just some of the top portables that are hard hitting with mostly convection and flavour

If you don't mind cords - I highly suggest looking at ball vapes (although the cordless options are beginning to pop up)
Every serious vaper needs a baller in their life
Check out the "SHOW US YOUR BALLS" thread for some info

Thank you both @LesPlenty & @felvapes for your tips and explanations.

As for a second portable vaporiser, I'd better buy one soon.

@felvapes, I was sure that could name a couple of good convection portable vaporisers.

I take it that with TM2 you mean the tiny mighty2 , don't you?
If is quite expensive, isn't it?

https://tinymightvape.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=86

As for the Roffu, do you mean this one?:

How many portable convenction vaporisers do you actually have? :chuck:
Would you say that the Legacy Pro is the one with which you are the most satisfied?

Well, as I said, I am now looking for a second portable vaporiser.
The Legacy Pro has the cool on-demand function plus the temperature can be freely adjusted whereas (some vaporisers have only predetermined temperature settings. So, I am still looking for a good alternative to the LP :scooter:

Thank you both @LesPlenty & @felvapes for your tips and explanations.

As for a second portable vaporiser, I'd better buy one soon.

@felvapes, I was sure that could name a couple of good convection portable vaporisers.

I take it that with TM2 you mean the tiny mighty2 , don't you?
If is quite expensive, isn't it?

https://tinymightvape.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=86

As for the Roffu, do you mean this one?:

How many portable convenction vaporisers do you actually have? :chuck:
Would you say that the Legacy Pro is the one with which you are the most satisfied?

Well, as I said, I am now looking for a second portable vaporiser.
The Legacy Pro has the cool on-demand function plus the temperature can be freely adjusted whereas (some vaporisers have only predetermined temperature settings. So, I am still looking for a good alternative to the LP :scooter:
The TM2 is the Tinymight2 you listed
As is the Roffu

I forgot the other two budget convection vapes
The xmax v3pro is a powerhouse on a budget
And the boundless tera hits nicely (has a big bowl though)

I have lots of vapes after years of VAS hahaa
Ballers have helped slow this
And the latest range of heavy hitting portables helped

Yes I think currently my favourite portables are the ALP and Phatpiggie TA
But I do rate the v3pro on a budget and am kinda like the Roffu features

The TM2 is the Tinymight2 you listed
As is the Roffu
I see. Thank you!
I forgot the other two budget convection vapes
The xmax v3pro is a powerhouse on a budget
And the boundless tera hits nicely (has a big bowl though)
Oh, the xmax v3pro seems to be a good choiche - thank you!

I have lots of vapes after years of VAS hahaa
Ballers have helped slow this
And the latest range of heavy hitting portables helped

I was sure that you have lots of vapes :lol:

As for ballers, I still do not no anything about this field. I might check it in the near future.
The same applies to "heavy hitting portables". I am not sure if I understand what you mean. You might be speaking about dabbing?! [concetrates]. Also in this field I have no experiences. But everything has been added to the To-do- list :smug::myday:

Yes I think currently my favourite portables are the ALP and Phatpiggie TA
But I do rate the v3pro on a budget and am kinda like the Roffu features

In fact, I have just watched some videso on Youtube about the Roffu, which seems to be really good and a strong competitor to the Tiniymight2, isn't it?
That is why I am trying to make up my mind and choose between the xmax v3pro and the roffu
The v3pro is cheaper than the roffu but the roffu might be a better choice? :thinker:

I think I need a couple of bonghit to make up my mind :weed:

...but...what would you choose between the two of them? :lmao:

I see. Thank you!

Oh, the xmax v3pro seems to be a good choiche - thank you!

I was sure that you have lots of vapes :lol:

As for ballers, I still do not no anything about this field. I might check it in the near future.
The same applies to "heavy hitting portables". I am not sure if I understand what you mean. You might be speaking about dabbing?! [concetrates]. Also in this field I have no experiences. But everything has been added to the To-do- list :smug::myday:

In fact, I have just watched some videso on Youtube about the Roffu, which seems to be really good and a strong competitor to the Tiniymight2, isn't it?
That is why I am trying to make up my mind and choose between the xmax v3pro and the roffu
The v3pro is cheaper than the roffu but the roffu might be a better choice? :thinker:

I think I need a couple of bonghit to make up my mind :weed:

...but...what would you choose between the two of them? :lmao:
They both are good choices and use the same oven afaik
I think the Roffu has slightly more power or goes to a higher temp anyway, so it can extract a little more thoroughly and hit a little harder

They are cheap enough you could own both for less than some vapes ....:razz2:
But if I only could choose one and wanted the hardest hitting unit I would get the one that has higher temps so I have the option to go low for flavour or high for effects

I used my glass cutting disc from AliExpress on my angle grinder to shorten my glass tube
Much better size now and feels better to use
Glass cutting disc worked well enough
Cut through without cracks or splits
A little rough finish when zoomed in on camera, but no sharps and can run fingers all over the edges etc without cuts, feels smooth to touch
IMG20230125191235.jpg

From this

IMG20221013191731.jpg
IMG20221013191750.jpg

To this

IMG20230125191504.jpg
IMG20230125191513.jpg

They both are good choices and use the same oven afaik
I think the Roffu has slightly more power or goes to a higher temp anyway, so it can extract a little more thoroughly and hit a little harder

Thank you :thumbsup: @felvapes for your opinion.
In fact, I think I have made up my mind for the roffu.
I wanted to oder it. I tried to place the order with:

1. https://www.vpm.com/

and

2. https://xvapeusa.com/ (by the way, It has just occured to me that the profile pic of @LesPlenty looks like the logo of xvapeusa. I wonder if there is any relationship?!) :thinker:

but it seems that they do not ship to Japan though you can actually choose Japan as a delivery country when you place your oder.
I tried to contact them via Facebook but I got not answer.
Admittedly, Japan is a bit out of the world!! :shakehead:

Storz & Birkel on the contrary is super! If I oder something, they ship to Japan for little money, strangely it costs less than shipping within Europe , and it arrives within 3-4 days.

I am still looking for the right place to buy the Roffu.
By the way, I haven't understood what the difference between the - let' say- the Onyx Grey and the Onyx Grey lite kit
I used my glass cutting disc from AliExpress on my angle grinder to shorten my glass tube
Much better size now and feels better to use
Glass cutting disc worked well enough
Cut through without cracks or splits
A little rough finish when zoomed in on camera, but no sharps and can run fingers all over the edges etc without cuts, feels smooth to touch
View attachment 43907

From this

View attachment 43909View attachment 43910

To this

View attachment 43906View attachment 43908

Oh you did a nice work for your LP

I actually have the Water bong and water bong adapeter (glass-mouth piece) for the Airvape X and Legacy Pro already.

which I owned already because I bought it together with my old Airvape X ( which it is broken unfortunately)

1674641202796.jpg

Last edited:
Does @420edc post to Japan?
They stock the Roffu don't they?
There is a link on their website that goes to the USPS website and shows the countries that have suspended mail service from the U.S. Here. If you hit the 'View the Suspensions' button it expands the list. Scroll to the very bottom and in the 'Priority Mail Express International' section Japan is listed as being one of the countries where service has been suspended. So it's not the retailers. It's USPS.

There is a link on their website that goes to the USPS website and shows the countries that have suspended mail service from the U.S. Here. If you hit the 'View the Suspensions' button it expands the list. Scroll to the very bottom and in the 'Priority Mail Express International' section Japan is listed as being one of the countries where service has been suspended. So it's not the retailers. It's USPS.
We ship to Japan. We don't express anything anywhere, so we still ship to Japan. If anything a package under 16oz would go to Japan via 1st Class Mail or over 1# would be Priority Mail.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back