Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape AirVape Legacy Pro

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Airvape has brought out a new version of an old model, it is called the Legacy Pro,
Lots to like,

1655994376546.png

Vibration signal
Heat-up Time: 15 Seconds to Optimal Vaping Temp
Two-button precise temperature control ↑↓ from 200F to 440F
Ceramic Mouthpiece
Removable glass AirPath
Gold plated heating Chamber + Gold Plated Microdosing disk
Measurements: 119 mm x 52 mm x 21
Materials: Hemp-based textile, Vegan leather, Black ceramic, 24K gold plating, Glass
AirVape Legacy PRO + 18650/3200 mAh Legacy PRO Removable Battery
Magnetic charging...nice!
Dosing caps and WPA coming
Limited Lifetime warranty
Only US$25 for insured post to Australia (US$20 with no insurance)
Avail here with US$100 off coupon code troyandjerry til 30 June.
Another video showing cleaning but helps understand things too, not the easiest to maintain but certainly not the worst, also has a glass tube that some are filling with terp pearls,

I do find it hard to pass on a Pro model. :thumbsup:

I like the look of this and early feedback
The cleaning I think would/could become a pita after a while
There's a lot of small parts and screens that would likely clog quickly enough with heavy use

What I've read have been positive reviews though

WPA is available too,
Just waiting on dosing caps

Managed to pick one of these up for $211 AUD the other night
They are sending dhut baskets or something to see if they work as dosing caps

At the normal price I wasn't going to go in for this yet
But at the sale price I got I couldn't refuse
Bargain discount and hopefully a great unit
I do think the usual price is way too much, just like many overpriced vapes, but it does sound like a beast and at the price I got it I'm cheering
I am hoping the cleaning isn't too much of a pita

I didn't get the WPA as it doesn't look amazing and I've seen someone say they use the old dv fat cap on the mp and it works - this will be similar to the WPA that just slips on the mp anyway
Look forward to testing this one and will get back once it is up and running

On FC someone posted this quote below (part of their whole comment)

"Did a deep cleaning today. Used some everclear to wipe everything down. I did encounter a bit of annoyance.

The bulk of the airpath from the oven to the mouthpiece is a glass tube inside the device which is easy to clean, but, there are two small sections where the vapor goes through plastic and some kind of rubber/silicon gasket. As far as I can tell, the rubber/silicon parts aren't removable, and due to the way the channel turns at a near right-angle, there's no good way to completely clean inside those passages. I ended up shoving a small q-tip in there from different angles to clean it out as best I could, but I'm sure it's still dirty in there (I can smell it).

Since those channels are part of the body of the device, I can't take it out to soak it in ethanol or anything like that. It would be nice if the entire airpath was removable for proper perfect cleaning. For me, a "perfect" device is going to have as close to an all-glass airpath as possible, and the entire airpath should be easily"

I hope these parts are not rubber and I hope there is not plastic in the airpath
I read it a couple of times and it makes more sense to me that these gaskets are silicone not rubber
I'm assuming here but it is the common - and then I thought maybe the reason they can't remove them is because they are shaped as right angles and are the airpath
While this may be a little annoying it makes me feel a bit better about safety

I hope what I have assumed is the case and will report back when I get mine
I would rather glass elbows joined by silicone or something, but am happy enough with silicone elbows as an airpath
Rubber or plastic concerns me a fair bit, especially at the first right angle as that is very close to the heating chamber/bowl

See how we go
I hope it's silicone elbows and all good
But I will always give fair feedback about any vape, no matter the price (or the sale price), how much I like it or the company

Last edited:
Looks like caps will be available soon,
1658803222456.png

1658803260840.png

They like the unit have a bit going on in the directional airflow department...interesting!

My ALP has finally hit ausland shores
Heading through Sydney last night
Hopefully I should have my unit by Monday :D

I asked in email about the gaskets and right angled parts
They replied that it is 100% food grade silicone
I'm not sure if there is PEEK in the corners too or not
I've asked again to confirm and will see in a couple days myself

I've been using the ALP for a week or two now

It's looks and feels really nice and more sturdy material than I expected from pictures etc
The door is nice, I was concerned it may be flimsy or thin flexible plastic but it is a quality, solid and sturdy material

the corner parts in the airpath - a very small section that is PEEK the same mould as the part around the bowl/chamber - then silicone to glass to silicone and again a tiny bit of I assume peek before the MP (it's cool by here anyway)
So not an ideal airpath especially for purist preferences, but all safe and no difference to a mighty or HR or v3pro etc in safety - less plastic really and can taste the difference

It tastes similar to a VC in some ways
That convection type flavour with a tiny bit of conduction
Great untainted flavour

There's a few ways to use it, and I tried a number of different combinations of methods etc (session, on demand, different temps/draw speeds etc)
Down low and in what you think are normal running temps you can taste some really nice things, but you don't get lots of any visible clouds - you still get a hit just not mega hard and my brain likes to see the vapour

In session mode I find around 420/430 is the best for me - very quick heat up like this, 15 secs
You get more clouds and a better hit

After all the testing my favourite way to use it is not how you would expect but it is the goods
- On demand mode on full temp in wax mode 465f
When it gets to temp you get a decent cloud on first draw
Sesh is over in 3/4 draws maybe ?
Nice hits nice flavours good cloudage quick extraction
AVB is dark and pretty even no char

The two draw speed I found were super long and slow
Or nice big draws at a decent inhale
The latter is the best all round IMO

AVB below is from the on demand full temp hard draw method
IMG20220813234153.jpg

At first I used it as is out of the box
Next I quickly removed the little screen near the chamber as it clogged quickly, was not needed and the unit works better without it all together anyway - better airflow, cloud and flavour

The unit works fine like this - it empties easily if you turn it upside down the right way the avb falls out
At first it could get stuck on the round diffuser thing
This was easy to brush off, but small bits of avb tend to get stuck around the area in the circle part and the edges etc
Becomes annoying to blow or pick off as it's sticky with reclaim
It can be easy if you learn the way, but it also can be messy if you don't know and a pita

I ended up putting a mighty wide mesh screen over the top of the bowl when packed
This works really well and keeps the entire unit clean
You just turn it over and the puck and screen fall out the ALP is clean then with absolutely no avb sticking around
Makes the unit much much better to use and more practical

Before this it was not going to be good outdoors as a portable
Now it is simple to use no mess at all
These changes with the two screens produce great clouds and vapour, better hits and flavour and a much more usebale vape

I tried with the gold circle piece removed and just the mighty screen
It worked well but the post was a little short to hold the screen in place fully
With a really full bowl it works fine and better again
I leave the gold circle in with the mighty screen so I don't have to pack a huge bowl every time
Iuse a small aluminium funnel I got off the gate or Ali ages ago to pack it with more ease and less crumbs around the chamber - it isn't needed but makes it quicker/more carefree (again dosing caps will be everything to this vape)

I think the dosing caps will make this thing a brilliant portable because it will eliminate all the packing and cleaning issues some people have
I always prefer caps especially on the go
I would remove the round gold part once I have caps as well as the small screen and no longer use the mighty screen

Very cool vapour on this vape I can take huge draws easily without coughing

At the very start I was a bit underwhelmed by the hit
It worked well but I see all the hype of the TM and this is meant to hit the same way according to FC owners
Then I realised it might be because I am only using my ball injector vape for months now and it absolutely smashes any other vapes I have
Ball vapes are the thing we wanted all along

I went a few days just using portables and I also blew up my PID again so am without a ball vape for a bit and have been testing the portables against the ALP
Before I got my baller I was pretty much only using the wand/Daab and dv on a bong as it had me happy at that stage and was hitting hard - it also finishes a sesh in 2/3 draws
So I've been testing the ALP side by side with that set up and I think the ALP hits harder
I definitely got very stoned hitting them back to back a few times lol

I do think the ALP hits like a truck - for a portable and for all the old vapes we have been marketed for years

But against the ball injector vapes it hits like a mini truck and the ballers are like Mack trucks hahaa

So yea, this is a really nice vape that hits super hard with anything in its category (although I can't say I have tried a TM yet)
At the price I paid I'm stoked
At $450 odd AUD I am not sure if I would love it as much - but I think it hits harder than a mighty with quicker extraction, better flavour and a more refined finish (and less plastic)
These vapes in this category need to price them a bit better I believe, but in this range of vapes this one is one of the top ones I would say
Battery life is amazing and changes in different modes but I got almost 10/12 bowls in on demand

Remove the little screen
Once dosing caps are here remove the round diffuser
Once dosing caps are here it will make this vape a real contender - I really look forward to them
If I hadn't got a baller a few months ago I think I'd be in a big honeymoon with this vape
I still love it and will use it as my cordless vape from now on
It will replace the edge/v3pro for outings, especially once dosing caps are here

Is it better than an edge or v3pro? Yes it is for a number of reasons and some by a bit
Is it $320 AUD extra better? Not sure if the value is there tbh unless you have enough spare cash, but the quality and performance is definitely better
The difference between this vape and others in the same price range though is that you get - a lifetime warranty AND huge discounts on updated and new models as a customer loyalty program - that's impressive and adds a lot more value to the price in comparison to the competition
IMG20220814004905.jpg
IMG20220814005019.jpg

Above with mighty screen plus small removed and clean, and then below without and small screen in
You can see the bits stuck on the round bit below and less use and reclaim
Above a lot more use and reclaim but no mess stuck anywhere
IMG20220809141834.jpg

IMG20220809142306.jpg
IMG20220809142421.jpg
IMG20220809150513.jpg
IMG20220809150515.jpg
IMG20220814005023.jpg

Last edited:
That is a nice toasty roast! I am glad manufacturers are letting us get to the color ABV we want...without combusting...but you still have to be careful not to get too close if pack too tight and pull too slow...goes for most convection-heavy vapes.
I see quite a few users 'stumbled' onto a short-lived 60% discount code and it was great to see Airvape come good and fulfilled these orders as the discount was meant as part of the great loyalty scheme @felvapes mentioned, not a normal public discount...I believe it does get as good as a 30% discount occasionally so it truly is a loyalty scheme, not just a marketing ploy.

That is a nice toasty roast! I am glad manufacturers are letting us get to the color ABV we want...without combusting...but you still have to be careful not to get too close if pack too tight and pull too slow...goes for most convection-heavy vapes.
I see quite a few users 'stumbled' onto a short-lived 60% discount code and it was great to see Airvape come good and fulfilled these orders as the discount was meant as part of the great loyalty scheme @felvapes mentioned, not a normal public discount...I believe it does get as good as a 30% discount occasionally so it truly is a loyalty scheme, not just a marketing ploy.
I think you would have to work hard to make this combust
But if you went slow enough it could be possible, maybe - although the long slow draw trials I did gave lighter avb than the hard draw so maybe the heater has a draw sensor or something
I get better results and clouds with harder draws though so it just stops producing vapour when it's done like this with no chance of combustion - much like the ball vapes I have

The on demand full temp is really impressing me and the only way to use it for me
I was offered a 20% discount on future purchase just for joining and reviewing the ALP
I've also seen some offers at 40% at times
The 60% that was "leaked" was a loyalty code as mentioned by Les too so it definitely is a customer loyalty program and not a marketing ploy

A couple other things I forgot to mention in my review too
- the size - it fits really nicely in hand and is much smaller than a mighty too (with one battery that lasts longer)
My mighty was already feeling unloved, but now it has been pretty much retired
The performance and battery life from this size unit is brilliant and reflects the price a bit better than the mighty
IMG20220814141025.jpg

One thing I do think would be nice if it was different is the MP
The unit just sits perfectly in your hand naturally and you want to hit it sideways like this - the MP is flat and so prevents this being possible and you have to hold the unit flat while inhaling which just feels a little less natural
If it was round it would be possible to use any angle you find comfortable

I haven't tried on water yet (unusual for me as this is my usual default) as it is so smooth dry I didn't find the need - but in on demand full temp mode I think it would rip

I could never get the huge rips on the mighty without coughing, this unit I go till my lungs are full with no worries at all

EDIT
Also the MP - I had asked for the bigger fitting silicone gasket for the MP as there were reports of the Pro one being loose
This is the case, the one that comes with it is loose and can fall out during use
The bigger spare they sent fits perfectly and there is no issues
If anyone was to order one of these vapes make sure you contact them and ask for the larger MP

I have found the CS to be very polite and communicative via email, they respond to all questions happily and in quick time

Last edited:
After using this for a while without having a baller vape and with the full temp on demand method it is a beast

As my ball tolerance dropped this hits hard and gets me very stoned
If I had never had a ball vape I would absolutely love this
It hits better than my other portables and finishes a sesh quickly, tastily and with clouds

It really does hit hard for a little thing
Very impressed now I've been able to compare with the other similar vapes
Only thing I would love is a side by side with a TM2 as it is what people say is the same quality and hit (or maybe more) otherwise this is the goods for cordless vaping
This does have a better quality look and feel compared to a mighty and it makes you feel better about the money when a vape has a nice look - people talk artisan vapes well this is of nicer quality look and feel than a lot
The TM is rough, unsanded and gappy - the performance is meant to be there but I want the craftsmanship with the price
Mighty is a plastic wonderland
The TM2 is meant to get hotter for trates - the ALP I run on full for weed so may not work as well for trates (I haven't tried)

On demand
Full temp
Mighty screen on bowl and remove the little screen
Dosing caps will be great
It is a hard hitter for sure like this and really impressive (it actually kind of makes me think of it as a mini baller the way it extracts so quickly and then just stops)

My PID arrived today (Auber mega quick post) so my tolerance is about to rise again lol
ALP is retiring my other portables though atm at a fast pace (except the wand and dv - but the ALP is better in public and probably the harder hitter)

Well done Airvape

My only vaporiser was the Airvape X.
I got a 60 % discount from Airvape (they initially wanted to offer me a 50% discount but than I managed to get more:aaaaa:) for an upgrate and I bought their last vaporiser, the Airvape legacy pro.

Apparently there were some issues with the previous model, the Legacy.

But it seems that Airvape has worked on it based on the feedbacks of the customers and managed to solve the issues. In fact, the same guy who gave a bad feedback on the Legacy is now speaking positively about the PRO. From some aspects he even thinks that it is better than the Mighty.

Well, it is not excluded that Airvape paid him money to post a positive feedack.....who knows....

Anyway. Admittedly, I am not very experienced with vaporisers yet. The only comparison that I can make is Airvape X vs Airvape Legacy Pro.
I got it yesterday, therefore I can ony give a first impression.

I have to admit that it has a great airflow and the vapor quality seems to be really good: smooth, full of a tasty flavor, and the vapor is cooler.
But with the Airvape X I enjoyed my nice long sessions starting by a temperature of 155 and then moving up until 190 . If I packed it nicely I could vape like 15 Minutes long. It was always fun.
Wit the Legacy Pro, I have noticed that after some draws no vapors comes any more. Even if you go up with the temperature. As if the device extracts the whole very quiclky and you end up having nothing to vape in no time.

I am still trying to understand if this is to be considered a positive aspect or a drawback.
Maybe because it is a convection vaporiser whereas the Airvape X is a hybrid one?

As I said, I am still testing it but I have to admit that I miss the long sessions that I had with the Airvape X

My only vaporiser was the Airvape X.
I got a 60 % discount from Airvape (they initially wanted to offer me a 50% discount but than I managed to get more:aaaaa:) for an upgrate and I bought their last vaporiser, the Airvape legacy pro.

Apparently there were some issues with the previous model, the Legacy.

But it seems that Airvape has worked on it based on the feedbacks of the customers and managed to solve the issues. In fact, the same guy who gave a bad feedback on the Legacy is now speaking positively about the PRO. From some aspects he even thinks that it is better than the Mighty.

Well, it is not excluded that Airvape paid him money to post a positive feedack.....who knows....

Anyway. Admittedly, I am not very experienced with vaporisers yet. The only comparison that I can make is Airvape X vs Airvape Legacy Pro.
I got it yesterday, therefore I can ony give a first impression.

I have to admit that it has a great airflow and the vapor quality seems to be really good: smooth, full of a tasty flavor, and the vapor is cooler.
But with the Airvape X I enjoyed my nice long sessions starting by a temperature of 155 and then moving up until 190 . If I packed it nicely I could vape like 15 Minutes long. It was always fun.
Wit the Legacy Pro, I have noticed that after some draws no vapors comes any more. Even if you go up with the temperature. As if the device extracts the whole very quiclky and you end up having nothing to vape in no time.

I am still trying to understand if this is to be considered a positive aspect or a drawback.
Maybe because it is a convection vaporiser whereas the Airvape X is a hybrid one?

As I said, I am still testing it but I have to admit that I miss the long sessions that I had with the Airvape X

A mod may be able to merge this thread into the one already started by @LesPlenty so we don't have two threads the same with the same title

I have recently made a few posts about the ALP myself having received mine a couple of weeks ago
I also got 60% off but I was lucky enough to hear of the code elsewhere while it was up for a few hours as this is my first Airvape purchase
Really good customer loyalty program that you are an example of
I hope other companies start to take note

I think it is a brilliant vape and is retiring my other portables quickly
The quick extraction is a positive feature for me and contributes to the good flavour and hard hits
It would be subjective if you do prefer long sessions about this though

The most effective way to use this vape is full temp on demand mode I have found - the sesh is over quickly though
In session mode I can get a longer experience, but I find the vapour and hits not as enjoyable

I find using a mighty screen over the bowl and removing the small screen next to the bowl makes for a better experience and easier maintenance
I can't wait for dosing caps for when out and about

Unlike Troy I think this is easier to use than the mighty (once you swap screens like I said and caps will be better again) and definitely hits harder
For me it is a mighty killer (although if you prefer long sessions the mighty is one for this) - the TM may be it's only big rival atm (other companies will have to catch up soon) - also @phattpiggie new one heat vape looks to be in a similar realm)

Enjoy your new ALP and happy experimenting
It hits hard like a portable baller

EDIT
I've mentioned it is a mighty killer (for me)
But it is also a Grasshopper killer and doesn't need the bong to get those same hits and clouds with quick extraction - mind you GH killed itself lmao

Last edited:
A mod may be able to merge this thread into the one already started by @LesPlenty so we don't have two threads the same with the same title

I find using a mighty screen over the bowl and removing the small screen next to the bowl makes for a better experience and easier maintenance
I can't wait for dosing caps for when out and about
Oh, I am sorry that I inadvertently created a new thread which instead should have actually be posted into the already started by @LesPlenty.

I am afraid I cannot follow you :uhoh:
What do you mean with the mighty screen and the small screen thing?

Last edited:
Oh, I am sorry that I inadvertently created a new thread which instead should have actually be posted into the already started by @LesPlenty.

I am afraid I cannot follow you :uhoh:
What do you mean with the mighty screen and the small screen thing?
All good
I have started threads before without realising that there was already one started too :)
@momofthegoons always puts me in place lol

The small gold screen next to the chamber/bowl - I removed this all together
It clogs up too quickly and isn't necessary, I found the unit works better without it anyway
- The mighty screen is the mesh screen that a mighty vaporiser uses - I put it on top of the weed in the bowl and it stops everything getting so messy with the avb
Keeps everything clean and easy to empty etc

If these two threads get merged or you look for the other one I have shared pics that may help to explain

All good
I have started threads before without realising that there was already one started too :)
@momofthegoons always puts me in place lol

The small gold screen next to the chamber/bowl - I removed this all together
It clogs up too quickly and isn't necessary, I found the unit works better without it anyway
- The mighty screen is the mesh screen that a mighty vaporiser uses - I put it on top of the weed in the bowl and it stops everything getting so messy with the avb
Keeps everything clean and easy to empty etc

If these two threads get merged or you look for the other one I have shared pics that may help to explain
Many thanks for the explanation. Oh I see, you removed the small gold screen - which I think has the purpose of adjusting the size of the chamber - all together . Oh, yes and I understand also that once you remove it you definitely need to put something on the weed in the bowl otherwise it would be a mess, wouldn't it? The small gold screen acts also as a sort of lid for the chamber.
I would like to follow your advice. I guess I need to look for "mesh screen" of the mighty on the internet, don't I?

Many thanks for the explanation. Oh I see, you removed the small gold screen - which I think has the purpose of adjusting the size of the chamber - all together . Oh, yes and I understand also that once you remove it you definitely need to put something on the weed in the bowl otherwise it would be a mess, wouldn't it? The small gold screen acts also as a sort of lid for the chamber.
I would like to follow your advice. I guess I need to look for "mesh screen" of the mighty on the internet, don't I?
No the thing that adjusts the chamber size is the round part that screws in and out on the door side
The small gold screen is just another one to stop avb in the airpath I believe

It gets messy regardless without the mighty screen because avb sticks to the round reducer thing and can get around the airpath silicone
I recommend the mighty screen even if you left the gold one in
But the gold one clogs too quickly and is not necessary - I get more vapour and less draw restriction without it
The mighty screen keeps everything clean and in the bowl, and when you tip it upside down it all falls out clean

While there are no dosing caps I use the mighty screen and leave the round reducer part on with the small gold screen removed

Once I have dosing caps I believe I will remove the round reducer part and all screens completely as the lid of the caps should work fine like they did in my mighty

I read someone else use a 16mm screen too which would work as the top of the bowl is wider
I just used a 15mm mighty screen as I had it here - I do think the wide mesh of the mighty screen is good

EDIT
Did you ask for the larger MP gasket?
My factory one was loose as some have mentioned and could fall out during use
I had asked for the bigger one (I believe it is for the OG legacy) and they were happy to send - it fits perfectly with no issues

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back