Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Community Alcohol and Vaping

How frequently do you drink alcohol when you vape?

• 100% (Always)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • >50%

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • <50%

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • 0% (Never)

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters

Disrupt

Former member
A second gout bout means no more alcohol. Almost always drank when vaping, previously (except for 6 months after the first bout). It's quite a change for the better. More energy and focus. Diet is also very strict - just vegetables and tofu + MCT oil. That might be part of it. MCT oil is touted as a ketogenic energy source.

What are your experiences? :twocents:

full

The good old days. Haven't tasted beer in two years, but probably drank several lifetime's worth prior to that. :biggrin:

Last edited:
To me, MJ potentiates alcohol (or vice versa) and while I do drink (scotch) a couple of nights a week and then vape, I do admit that the alcohol slows me down a lot the next day.

I'm just getting old, I think! LOL

Alcohol synergises incredibly well with cannabis in moderate doses & both potentiate the other. Unfortunately most people tend to drink excessively & then have cannabis. Usually that tips folk over the edge into oblivion or getting their heavy vehicle license for driving the porcelain bus later.

I largely stopped drinking 15 years ago & get shitfaced drunk maybe once a year these days. The Wood Scents is the flatliner when I have friends around & they have had a few drinkies though.

What are your favorites? Have an unopened bottle of Lagavulin. Got to taste most of the old favorites (and some new ones) once or twice in the past few months.
Ah, don’t really like the super smoky scotches, taste like a warehouse fire to me!

I like Glen Livet and similar but Lagavulin is too much for me!

Lagavulin is too much for me!

Laphroaig's too much for me. Lagavulin is just right. Have you tried the Glenfiddich finished in IPA casks? The best of their experimental series, IMO, not smoky, more floral.

Does it make vaping better?

Depends on what you're going for. It's more anesthetizing, IME.

Surprised by results so far. Read that most consume cannabis and alcohol together.

And then there's the Vapshot. If only it bypassed the kidneys as well as the liver.

Vape Your Booze Instead Of Taking Shots: The Benefits And Dangers Of Vaping Alcohol
Jan 15, 2015 05:53 PM By Lecia Bushak

If you ever wanted to skip the taste of vodka or the waiting period to feel a buzz from sipping your drink, you might want to give vaping alcohol a shot. Yes, now it’s possible to breathe in booze to get drunk. But the high you experience from the “Vapshot” is going to be pretty different from that warm belly feeling you get after taking an old-fashioned shot at a bar...

Alcohol synergises incredibly well with cannabis in moderate doses & both potentiate the other. Unfortunately most people tend to drink excessively & then have cannabis. Usually that tips folk over the edge into oblivion or getting their heavy vehicle license for driving the porcelain bus later.

I largely stopped drinking 15 years ago & get shitfaced drunk maybe once a year these days. The Wood Scents is the flatliner when I have friends around & they have had a few drinkies though.

I used to shut up the loudest, most obnoxious drunk at trout camp, with a strong Indica joint, lol. (dna-recon) A couple hits and it was nap time for Guy. Our crew demanded I keep bringing it, lol.

Then without warning, or a police encounter, at a great surprise to all who knew him, Guy quit drinking and became a pretty nice normal guy, lol.

I won't say I never had a beer and some herb, but we are not big drinkers by any measure. I'm a 2 beer fella, about once a week. And a bottle of tequila once per summer, for margaritas. And rarely a good red wine with a steak, or other red meat.

Funny I used to make beer and wine. I even had 3 oak barrels for aging wine. A fully stocked wine cellar with over 400 bottles. But once I bought a ticket on the herbal train, well, the rest, as they say, is history.

Laphroaig's too much for me. Lagavulin is just right.
Ah, you might have me there....yeah, Laphroaig may well be the one I'm thinking of.

I also like Dalmoor and Aberlour also. Was given a fabulous bottle of Glenmorangie 18 y.o. that I haven't opened yet. The 12 y.o. seems to have an after taste that I get weary of after a while....but the 18 y.o. may be well different.

I have not tried the Glenfiddich finished in IPA casks but will put it on my radar. Thanks for the tip.

I'll only vape and drink when I don't have to go anywhere.....but it does put me well to sleep which is gold in my life.

Cheers

Laphroaig's too much for me. Lagavulin is just right. Have you tried the Glenfiddich finished in IPA casks? The best of their experimental series, IMO, not smoky, more floral.

Depends on what you're going for. It's more anesthetizing, IME.

Surprised by results so far. Read that most consume cannabis and alcohol together.

And then there's the Vapshot. If only it bypassed the kidneys as well as the liver.

Vape Your Booze Instead Of Taking Shots: The Benefits And Dangers Of Vaping Alcohol
Jan 15, 2015 05:53 PM By Lecia Bushak
What a great article. Thank you. I feel like I learned something. I'd be vaping herbal tincture, so I don't think it's for me, but how fun, and how silly.

Dark Cherry juice works wonders for Gout. drink a few glasses a week.

Believe it's tart cherry juice. Been drinking several glasses daily since the first attack. Clearly, it didn't prevent a second. Suppose it might have delayed it, but can't really say. Also, fructose (hence, fruit juice) should be avoided, so any benefit comes at the expense of more fructose.

Tart cherry juice is delicious and loaded with antioxidants. It's also a natural source of melatonin. The effect of this is very dramatic - at 9:00 or 10:00, it's time for bed.

IMG_20190303_124620.jpg

And a Mighty Before and after. I only drink on days ending with a Y...just joking...I only drink when I can't guzzle anymore...seriously, I only partake in booze with company...unless I am mowing the lawn, Aussie law states I have to drink a stubbie or 2 while I do it.:smoke:

I enjoy moderate drinking but I hate being drunk.

I'm a beer fan, pale ales are my current go-to. I'll have a few most nights after work along with vaping. I used to brew my own beer, back when I had free time. I'm sure I'll start up again someday.

I don't enjoy hard alcohol, although I'll have the occasional margarita with my nachos. I always pay with a hangover the next day, though. Same with wine. A glass or two with my pasta and I'm guaranteed a headache when I wake up.

View attachment 7763
And a Mighty Before and after. I only drink on days ending with a Y...just joking...I only drink when I can't guzzle anymore...seriously, I only partake in booze with company...unless I am mowing the lawn, Aussie law states I have to drink a stubbie or 2 while I do it.:smoke:

Mmm that looks goooood :homer:

I'm a whiskey man myself, I like the dark stuff. Beam, Walker, Crown, Turkey, Dewars
Sometimes a nice cold beer does hit the spot though. Modelo, Corona, Bud, Guinness, Miller
I should stop drinking, I don't do it much as it is, but still probably too often. Like @Baron23 I feel the negative effects a lot more than I used to, and plus I know it just ain't good for me. May as well stick to the sweet healthy vapor!

Ooh - what's yalls favorite snack for when drink-vaping (draping? draking?) ? I like chili mangos, chocolate pretzels, salted nuts

I should stop drinking, I don't do it much as it is, but still probably too often. Like @Baron23 I feel the negative effects a lot more than I used to, and plus I know it just ain't good for me. May as well stick to the sweet healthy vapor!

Funny to see this old thread now. Stopped drinking entirely a few months back. Already down to one drink each day. Settled on Armagnac - most intense flavor. Doc said to stop even that for a week to get blood work, never started again. Probably could now, on allopurinol for gout, but want to keep dose low and don't miss alcohol. A bottle sits unopened in a cabinet.

Everybody has to give it up eventually, if they live long enough.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back