Sponsored by
PuffItUp VapeFully Dynavap Vaposhop
  1. Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know that you have two different customized styles/themes to view VaporAsylum in?
    Change your style here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
    Dismiss Notice

Meds Anxiety

Discussion in 'Why Do You Medicate?' started by momofthegoons, May 15, 2017.

1. momofthegoons

momofthegoons Vapor Accessory Addict Staff Member

And when they do? That sucking sound will be @Baron23 's wallet. :lol:

However... I'm glad that he, and others, will also be able to get the availability and (hopefully) full selection of strains they need.

I've discovered, recently, that I suffer from a bit of anxiety myself. I guess my daughter comes by it honestly. I've been enjoying Blueberry OG lately and that, as well as Triple Berry, have been managing me quite well. :biggrin:

And maybe an occasional glass of wine..... :uhoh:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  2. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

HAHA! I am ready, able, and completely willing. :sunbathing:

Those idiots in Maryland can't keep anything straight including their pitiful website. It still says to expect dispensaries to be opened by mid-late summer (LOL). They have one and one one growers final license issued so those are the ONLY seeds in the ground right now (out of 15 cultivator licenses total right now). They issued one final dispensary license out of 192. They have not issued ANY processor final licenses yet. Next Commission meeting is Aug 17, I will be there. They better be fucking voting on final licenses (or what....I will stamp my feet? I'm too frakin old to go to jail anymore LOL).

Cheers

momofthegoons likes this.
  3. CarolKing

CarolKing Always in search of the perfect vaporizer

By the Enerald City along the Pacific Ocean
    I had to get an MRI of both knees. I've been having a lot of pain. I have been using a cane ugh. They actually had to modify my schedule at work or I wouldn't be able to work.

The MRI of both knees would take 40 min and I was thinking that seemed a long time. I decided to get really toasted before going in. I sat in my car and used my Solo 2 for about 10 min. Then I hobbled in. I've even had to get a temporary handicapped parking sign for my car.

Anyway, during the MRI I just zoned out. I made sure I wasn't using anything slightly racy. I didn't want to freak out. The techs there said they have people freak out all the time. They have to come back and be on tranquilizers. There is a buzzer they have you hold just in case you need them to stop. I've had I think 5 so far so I knew what to expect with staying still and the loud noises.

So think about vaporizing cannabis beforehand and use that as a tranquilizer. Be careful to wait a little while before driving home. I had blood work to do after.

4. nosmoking

nosmoking Member

Two things I never knew about my dad growing up. He couldn't swim (always in the lake tho) and he is claustrophobic. My dad actually just had to go for his 3rd attempt at getting an MRI this past Thursday after driving 9 hours from SC to FL because the plane he bought a ticket on was too small for him to stay on. He got on it, but couldnt handle it. First attempt to get the MRI he just cowered out immediately. The doctors told him to take a valium before his second attemp so 2 drinks and 3 valiums should have done it, at least thats what he thought. They were supposed to knock him out for the 3rd attempt but I have not talked to him since Wed. Funny cause I would have thought they just go right to gas or an anesthesia instead of messing around with alcohol and narcos. I never mentioned using cannabis because I don't think he would but perhaps I will bring it up for discussion sometime.

I am not claustrophobic like my dad but understand anxeity as I have a great deal of it. I have always fallen asleep during MRIs as I find the solitary quite peaceful and narcolepsy only needs a few moments of solice to make a swift attack.

My anxeity was getting pretty bad over the past few years actually. The constant battle of sleep deprivation and constant episodes of narcolepsy throughout the day were pretty rough on my stress level creating a spew of anxeity attacks that could be as simple as elevated mood swings to full on crying or even breathing problems and chest pain. I am happy to say 5 months ago I made a simple change of employer to a much more professional and successful company. One that understands the importance of family and future rather than focusing solely on what I can bring to the company. Because of this I have been able to gain control over my anxeity to the point where I get through the work day only microdosing for neck pain. Now I never need anything during the day for anxeity and rarely have trouble going to sleep at night. Its really great to overcome stress that creates anxeity. I was going through so much and building such a high tolerance due to the large amounts of frequent consumption that its amaxing to see how far I can stretch a gram of concentrate. I was going through about 6 grams or so of concentrate per week to table my anxeity which would often cause headaches that were easily and often treated with a few dabs. Now I can make a gram and a 1/2 gram pre-filled cart get me through a week.

I have also been experimenting with CBD for anxeity but I tend to use it more for insomnia driven anxeity with decent results but only anecdotal. I am not completely sure if anything can cure the feeling I get when I feel like I am not able to mentally fall asleep even though I physically am asleep. It has created such deep rooted anxeity that I cannot have a lit clock in the house at night. I wake up frequently and have to go pee. If I know its too early in the night I will go crazy thinking I am never going to fall asleep deeply enough to feel rested. If I know it is toi early in the morning I may not be able to go back to sleep. I will just lay in bed and count the minutes knowing my alarm is only an hour away. Tired as hell and completely exhausted, but unable to fall asleep. This is when I used to fall into sleep paralysis. I dont remember the last time I had sleep paralysis tho. I think it was back before I got the Supreme and started macrodosing before bed.

I find macrodosing to be the best cure for anxeity. And if it doesn't work...I try again!

BD9, momofthegoons and ataxian like this.
  5. momofthegoons

@nosmoking there were several things in your post that really resonated with me. My daughter has severe anxiety. It's hard for a parent (or anyone) to fully understand what's going on at times. I don't suffer from anxiety and when she is full blown I have a hard time dealing with it and her. I want to just say 'snap out of it' but she has explained that isn't possible. The 'episode' has to run it's course. It's brutal and heartbreaking watching it happen.

She often suffers from lack of sleep. And can't have any light in the bedroom whatsoever. When she visits, she even tapes a piece of paper over the tiny green light from the security sensor in her room.

I've wondered, for years, if cannabis might help her. She has used my cannabis pain salve, on her shoulders and neck, during attacks and says that it helps calm her. I don't know if it's the salve helping the tight muscles or the aromatherapy from the essential oils in it. My fear is that she'll get a strong sativa and it'll wig her out even more. So I've been reluctant to try anything with her.

BD9 likes this.
  6. ataxian

ataxian Well-Known Member

I agree with U!
    F^CK I have the worse ANXIETY! (maybe someone has more?)

I have ATAXIA. (took my life away)

CANNABIS gave me reason to live.
    It's so safe?

MOVE to a legal place!

Madri-Gal, BD9, Cl4ud3 and 2 others like this.
  7. ataxian

I have ANXIETY so bad!

I was listening to this old JIMMY PAGE song.
    Reminded me of making surf movie's in HAWAII during the 70's.
    This song help's me cope!

BD9, Baron23 and momofthegoons like this.
  8. momofthegoons

I didn't realize that I have bouts of anxiety until recently. Always wondered where my daughter 'got it from.' Well... I think the culprit may be me... :uhoh: I don't suffer from it too badly... always classified it as me being a worrier. And have been able to manage it pretty well. But it shows me that I've been self medicating longer than I realized.

My daughter, on the other hand, goes into a full bore panic mode that she cannot control. I've always thought that cannabis, in small doses, would be really beneficial for her. And she is finally to the point where she may want to give it a try. I'd like her to start with CBD and see if it does anything for her first. But it would be such a blessing for her to be able to calm herself down.

I'm sorry to hear you suffer from it so badly @ataxian .

BD9 and ataxian like this.
  9. ataxian

I think the M was a good call!
    I'm suffering from anxiety so bad?
    My family love's me?
    I read and study daily but I turn off a lot of member's?

Truly I don't want to hurt anybodies feeling!
    I do sometimes?
    Sorry 4 being a DICK!

Thank you so much for understanding?
    @momofthegoons your hyper nice!

BD9 likes this.
  10. momofthegoons

ataxian.... I can honestly say I have never experienced you being a 'dick.' I don't think that has ever been your intent when posting. So no apologies are needed.

Now...we've 'known' each other on forums for a long time so if there had been intent you would have felt the sting of my whip... :whipit: And I have never even contemplated bringing it out for you. :wink:

BD9, ataxian and Baron23 like this.
  11. ataxian

In a world full of HOMO SAPIENS?
    U R really KIND!
    Da "M" work's so easy & effective.

BD9 and momofthegoons like this.
  12. momofthegoons

This article deals is about depression and stress as well as anxiety.. but I felt it fit here best.
    Scientific guidelines for using cannabis to treat stress, anxiety and depression
    In a first-of-a-kind study, Washington State University scientists examined how peoples' self-reported levels of stress, anxiety and depression were affected by smoking different strains and quantities of cannabis at home.

Their work, published this month in the Journal of Affective Disorders, suggests smoking cannabis can significantly reduce short-term levels of depression, anxiety, and stress but may contribute to worse overall feelings of depression over time.

It marks one of the first attempts by U.S. scientists to assess how cannabis with varying concentrations of the chemical compounds tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD) affect medicinal cannabis users' feelings of wellbeing when smoked outside of a laboratory.

"Existing research on the effects of cannabis on depression, anxiety and stress are very rare and have almost exclusively been done with orally administered THC pills in a laboratory," said Carrie Cuttler, clinical assistant professor of psychology at WSU and lead author of the study. "What is unique about our study is that we looked at actual inhaled cannabis by medical marijuana patients who were using it in the comfort of their own homes as opposed to a laboratory."

For example, the WSU research team found that one puff of cannabis high in CBD and low in THC was optimal for reducing symptoms of depression, two puffs of any type of cannabis was sufficient to reduce symptoms of anxiety, while 10 or more puffs of cannabis high in CBD and high in THC produced the largest reductions in stress.

"A lot of consumers seem to be under the false assumption that more THC is always better," Cuttler said. "Our study shows that CBD is also a very important ingredient in cannabis and may augment some of the positive effects of THC."

The researchers also found that while both sexes reported decreases in all three symptoms after using cannabis, women reported a significantly greater reduction in anxiety following cannabis use.

Data for the study were taken from the trademarked app Strainprint, which provides medical cannabis users a means of tracking how different doses and types of cannabis affect a wide variety of symptoms of wellbeing.

Strainprint users rate the symptoms they are experiencing before using cannabis on a scale of 1-10 and then input information about the type of cannabis they are using. Twenty minutes after smoking, they are prompted to report how many puffs they took and to rerate the severity of their symptoms.

Cuttler and WSU colleagues Alexander Spradlin and Ryan McLaughlin used a form of statistical analysis called multilevel modeling to analyze around 12,000 anonymous Strainprint entries for depression, anxiety and stress. The researchers did not receive any of the Strainprint users personally identifying information for their work.

"This is to my knowledge one of the first scientific studies to provide guidance on the strains and quantities of cannabis people should be seeking out for reducing stress, anxiety and depression," Cuttler said. "Currently, medical and recreational cannabis users rely on the advice of bud tenders whose recommendations are based off of anecdotal not scientific evidence."

The study is among several cannabis-related research projects currently underway at WSU, all of which are consistent with federal law and many of which are funded with Washington state cannabis taxes and liquor license fees.

More information: Carrie Cuttler et al, A Naturalistic Examination of the Perceived Effects of Cannabis on Negative Affect, Journal of Affective Disorders (2018). DOI: 10.1016/j.jad.2018.04.054

Provided by: Washington State University

ataxian likes this.
  13. ataxian

I got late on-set SCA 46 ?
    Been retired since 2012.

CANNABIS eliminates da need 4 most drug’s?
    Down 2 one?
    One 2 go!

psychonaut and momofthegoons like this.
  14. SpudBobT

SpudBobT Member

I have to watch the strains I use too! Indica's and CBD/THC blends are good too. Not much of a fan of most Sativas as I get older!

ataxian and momofthegoons like this.
  15. Greyhair

Greyhair Member

My LP's CBD Skunk Haze eases my anxiety nicely. An impressive skunk flavor that makes it taste stronger than it is.:weed:

16. SpudBobT

SpudBobT Member

i like Harle-Tsu, it has no THC, but it doesn't taste so good. I usually turn it into oil or tincture!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Helios, Madri-Gal and momofthegoons like this.
  17. SpudBobT

SpudBobT Member

Another thing that helps me is to start slow. I find if I just take a draw or two then wait for 20-30 minutes I almost never have "A". I can then vape to my hearts content. If I try to do too much too quick thats when "A" can be an issue. A little alcohol, a beer or glass of wine, also seems to help me.

18. ataxian

SATIVA is what I Love
    Flavor 4-sure

However some will FUCK U?
    You have to know which is best 4-U?

INDICA 4 sleep time 4-me!
    Hybrid all day usage 4-real
    ROSIN all kine pretty strong & comatose kine!

SpudBobT and momofthegoons like this.
  19. momofthegoons

My daughter, as I've said before, has awful anxiety. We vaped a little over the holidays while she was in town. Actually the first time we've ever indulged together although god knows she knew about my usage. And it's not her first experience with herb. Anyway... I didn't want her to do too much. We used a Dynavap and some nice indica. She took a couple hits and said it relaxed her shoulders and she could just feel the weight lift off of her. That's all she really needed or wanted so she didn't do more. But I do believe that's the way to medicate anyway... unless I'm in a hurry and need to take a quick dab on the run I usually start slow and my sesh will last a long time (fresh herb... not so much dabs lol). It's not until late at night that I just want to get blasted so I can sleep.

but this isn't about me lol... I was talking about my daughter. Indica in small amounts seems to really have a positive effect on her anxiety.

SpudBobT and ataxian like this.
  20. ataxian

I took some drops of oil = CBD + THC it took my anxiety away!
    My daughter gets MEDICATED on her own lately!
    Season of life?

Helios, momofthegoons and SpudBobT like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice