Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Anxiety

I hope the door's are open soon where you live.
And when they do? That sucking sound will be @Baron23 's wallet. :lol:

However... I'm glad that he, and others, will also be able to get the availability and (hopefully) full selection of strains they need.

I've discovered, recently, that I suffer from a bit of anxiety myself. I guess my daughter comes by it honestly. I've been enjoying Blueberry OG lately and that, as well as Triple Berry, have been managing me quite well. :biggrin:

And maybe an occasional glass of wine..... :uhoh:

Last edited:
And when they do? That sucking sound will be @Baron23 's wallet. :lol:

HAHA! I am ready, able, and completely willing. :sunbathing:

Those idiots in Maryland can't keep anything straight including their pitiful website. It still says to expect dispensaries to be opened by mid-late summer (LOL). They have one and one one growers final license issued so those are the ONLY seeds in the ground right now (out of 15 cultivator licenses total right now). They issued one final dispensary license out of 192. They have not issued ANY processor final licenses yet. Next Commission meeting is Aug 17, I will be there. They better be fucking voting on final licenses (or what....I will stamp my feet? I'm too frakin old to go to jail anymore LOL).

Cheers

I had to get an MRI of both knees. I've been having a lot of pain. I have been using a cane ugh. They actually had to modify my schedule at work or I wouldn't be able to work.

The MRI of both knees would take 40 min and I was thinking that seemed a long time. I decided to get really toasted before going in. I sat in my car and used my Solo 2 for about 10 min. Then I hobbled in. I've even had to get a temporary handicapped parking sign for my car.

Anyway, during the MRI I just zoned out. I made sure I wasn't using anything slightly racy. I didn't want to freak out. The techs there said they have people freak out all the time. They have to come back and be on tranquilizers. There is a buzzer they have you hold just in case you need them to stop. I've had I think 5 so far so I knew what to expect with staying still and the loud noises.

So think about vaporizing cannabis beforehand and use that as a tranquilizer. Be careful to wait a little while before driving home. I had blood work to do after.

I had to get an MRI of both knees. I've been having a lot of pain. I have been using a cane ugh. They actually had to modify my schedule at work or I wouldn't be able to work.

The MRI of both knees would take 40 min and I was thinking that seemed a long time. I decided to get really toasted before going in. I sat in my car and used my Solo 2 for about 10 min. Then I hobbled in. I've even had to get a temporary handicapped parking sign for my car.

Anyway, during the MRI I just zoned out. I made sure I wasn't using anything slightly racy. I didn't want to freak out. The techs there said they have people freak out all the time. They have to come back and be on tranquilizers. There is a buzzer they have you hold just in case you need them to stop. I've had I think 5 so far so I knew what to expect with staying still and the loud noises.

So think about vaporizing cannabis beforehand and use that as a tranquilizer. Be careful to wait a little while before driving home. I had blood work to do after.
Two things I never knew about my dad growing up. He couldn't swim (always in the lake tho) and he is claustrophobic. My dad actually just had to go for his 3rd attempt at getting an MRI this past Thursday after driving 9 hours from SC to FL because the plane he bought a ticket on was too small for him to stay on. He got on it, but couldnt handle it. First attempt to get the MRI he just cowered out immediately. The doctors told him to take a valium before his second attemp so 2 drinks and 3 valiums should have done it, at least thats what he thought. They were supposed to knock him out for the 3rd attempt but I have not talked to him since Wed. Funny cause I would have thought they just go right to gas or an anesthesia instead of messing around with alcohol and narcos. I never mentioned using cannabis because I don't think he would but perhaps I will bring it up for discussion sometime.

I am not claustrophobic like my dad but understand anxeity as I have a great deal of it. I have always fallen asleep during MRIs as I find the solitary quite peaceful and narcolepsy only needs a few moments of solice to make a swift attack.

My anxeity was getting pretty bad over the past few years actually. The constant battle of sleep deprivation and constant episodes of narcolepsy throughout the day were pretty rough on my stress level creating a spew of anxeity attacks that could be as simple as elevated mood swings to full on crying or even breathing problems and chest pain. I am happy to say 5 months ago I made a simple change of employer to a much more professional and successful company. One that understands the importance of family and future rather than focusing solely on what I can bring to the company. Because of this I have been able to gain control over my anxeity to the point where I get through the work day only microdosing for neck pain. Now I never need anything during the day for anxeity and rarely have trouble going to sleep at night. Its really great to overcome stress that creates anxeity. I was going through so much and building such a high tolerance due to the large amounts of frequent consumption that its amaxing to see how far I can stretch a gram of concentrate. I was going through about 6 grams or so of concentrate per week to table my anxeity which would often cause headaches that were easily and often treated with a few dabs. Now I can make a gram and a 1/2 gram pre-filled cart get me through a week.

I have also been experimenting with CBD for anxeity but I tend to use it more for insomnia driven anxeity with decent results but only anecdotal. I am not completely sure if anything can cure the feeling I get when I feel like I am not able to mentally fall asleep even though I physically am asleep. It has created such deep rooted anxeity that I cannot have a lit clock in the house at night. I wake up frequently and have to go pee. If I know its too early in the night I will go crazy thinking I am never going to fall asleep deeply enough to feel rested. If I know it is toi early in the morning I may not be able to go back to sleep. I will just lay in bed and count the minutes knowing my alarm is only an hour away. Tired as hell and completely exhausted, but unable to fall asleep. This is when I used to fall into sleep paralysis. I dont remember the last time I had sleep paralysis tho. I think it was back before I got the Supreme and started macrodosing before bed.

I find macrodosing to be the best cure for anxeity. And if it doesn't work...I try again!

@nosmoking there were several things in your post that really resonated with me. My daughter has severe anxiety. It's hard for a parent (or anyone) to fully understand what's going on at times. I don't suffer from anxiety and when she is full blown I have a hard time dealing with it and her. I want to just say 'snap out of it' but she has explained that isn't possible. The 'episode' has to run it's course. It's brutal and heartbreaking watching it happen.

She often suffers from lack of sleep. And can't have any light in the bedroom whatsoever. When she visits, she even tapes a piece of paper over the tiny green light from the security sensor in her room.

I've wondered, for years, if cannabis might help her. She has used my cannabis pain salve, on her shoulders and neck, during attacks and says that it helps calm her. I don't know if it's the salve helping the tight muscles or the aromatherapy from the essential oils in it. My fear is that she'll get a strong sativa and it'll wig her out even more. So I've been reluctant to try anything with her.

Reactions: BD9
Depression, Anxiety, Chronic fatigue. I've been self medicating for 20 years, cannabis has been the only thing that's helped me, but being in a non legal country isn't good for the extra anxiety in getting caught.
Swapping to vaping made a massive difference, the lessened smell eliminated the extra anxiety completely.
I agree with U!
F^CK I have the worse ANXIETY! (maybe someone has more?)

I have ATAXIA. (took my life away)

CANNABIS gave me reason to live.
It's so safe?

MOVE to a legal place!

Marijuana and Anxiety: A Guide

Anxiety is a common side effect of marijuana. Yet many people use marijuana to relieve stress and anxiety.

For every story of panic resulting from being too high, there is another about how marijuana has provided life-changing relief from chronic anxiety.

Studies show that marijuana has anti-anxiety properties, which can help people with disorders such as PTSD and social anxiety.

Many factors contribute to marijuana’s effect on anxiety. Strain composition, drug tolerance, environmental factors and pre-existing conditions can all influence whether you feel panicked or relaxed after using marijuana.

Here we look at the evidence and explanations underlying both sides of this complex story.

What is Anxiety?

Anxiety is a feeling of unease, worry or concern, usually about an upcoming event or a situation full of uncertainty.
Anxiety can be a motivator (e.g. to sit down and study for a big test) or a useful warning to be cautious in a dangerous situation.

Anxiety disorders tend to persist, even in day-to-day life. People suffering from anxiety disorders will feel anxious to the point that it impacts their work, relationships and overall wellbeing.

There are many types of anxiety disorders, including social anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), panic disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), and generalized anxiety. Each of these disorders presents with slightly different, but debilitating symptoms.

Anxiety disorders are very common, and affect nearly one-third of all adults at some point in their lives.

A number of risk factors can increase your chances of suffering from anxiety, including genetics, personality, and gender (females are more likely to experience anxiety).

Can Marijuana Help Anxiety?

Relief from anxiety is one of the most commonly cited reasons for using marijuana. What’s more, scientists are starting to uncover evidence that marijuana may be a highly effective treatment for anxiety disorders.
The use of cannabis for treating anxiety was first described in 1563, when Portugese physician Garcia de Orta claimed that cannabis could deliver sufferers from “all worries and care.” The effects of marijuana have been described as calming, relaxing and even hypnotic.

Many long-time users of marijuana report that the drug reduces their anxiety, citing relaxation and stress relief as the main benefits.

In addition to anecdotal evidence, there is some science to back up what many users claim.

A 2014 study from Vanderbilt University found that smoking marijuana can increase the presence of naturally-occurring brain chemicals called endocannabinoids, which are reduced as a result of chronic stress. Some researchers think that a reduction of endocannabinoids could be a major cause of anxiety disorders.

Marijuana may also be more safe and effective than traditional anxiety medications.

A recent Canadian study found that within 90 days of using prescribed medical cannabis for anxiety and pain, 40% of patients were able to stop using benzodiazepines — a commonly prescribed anxiety drug with a number of side effects, including a high potential for abuse.

Studies also suggest that marijuana could be an effective treatment for PTSD. Since marijuana is known to play a direct role in memory extinction, some experts believe that it could help PTSD sufferers forget bad memories and negative experiences.

Can Marijuana Cause Anxiety?

Marijuana can cause short-term anxiety or paranoia, especially when taken in large doses.
Being new to marijuana can increase your chances of feeling anxious after smoking. Being in an unfamiliar or stressful environment can also lead to anxiety or panic attacks, even in those who use cannabis frequently.

Acute anxiety can also occur after abruptly stopping cannabis use (also known as cannabis withdrawal).

Anxiety can lead some people to avoid using marijuana, and is the most common reason given for stopping use. However, scientific research has not yet made a strong case for marijuana as a risk factor in developing anxiety.

A 2009 review of over 30 studies on cannabis use and anxiety found a small association between cannabis use and anxiety disorders. Specifically, evidence suggests that people with anxiety disorders are more likely to use cannabis for various reasons.

Another study concluded that cannabis use is at most a “minor risk factor” in developing symptoms of anxiety.

One study from Oxford University found that injecting healthy adults who had previously used cannabis with THC led to paranoid thoughts in 20% of participants. However, the negative effects declined once THC left the blood stream.

The relationship between cannabis use and anxiety is still unclear in the long-term.

Scientists aren’t sure whether the increased anxiety in cannabis users is a result of marijuana use, or if people with anxiety turn to marijuana as a way of self-medicating their pre-existing symptoms.

Effects of CBD and THC

The two main components of marijuana, THC and CBD, can have very different effects. Many people find that CBD reduces anxiety, whereas THC is more likely to increase their anxiety.
THC produces psychoactive effects that some may find helpful for anxiety, but for others it can exacerbate existing worries.

CBD is known to act on serotonin receptors, and may help regenerate brain cells that are lost or damaged as a result of chronic anxiety and depression.

The interaction of CBD and THC is complex. The ratio of these two compounds within a specific strain may in fact be more predictive of whether it increases or decreases anxiety. For example, strains with higher CBD levels are less likely to cause anxiety than high-THC strains.

For new users strictly seeking anxiety relief, trying CBD oil before experimenting with dried or whole-leaf cannabis may be a wise choice.

Individual Factors

When trying to avoid marijuana-induced anxiety, knowing your optimal dose is crucial.
Unfortunately, the lack of regulation on the sale of marijuana means it is up to the user to figure out what works best for them. There are a few guidelines, however, that can help you determine the ideal dose for anxiety relief.

Tolerance/Sensitivity

New or infrequent users are more likely to experience anxiety than regular users.

With repeated use over time, a tolerance to marijuana develops, and it takes more of the drug to produce the same effects as before. Genetic predispositions can also influence how readily users are affected by marijuana.

Over time, regular users tend to become more familiar with the feelings associated with being high, and are less likely to experience anxiety as a result.

Dose

Regardless of tolerance, ingesting more marijuana will usually result in a stronger high.

Even for seasoned users who typically experience anxiety relief from using marijuana, very high doses can result in a short-term increase in anxiety.

For people that are new to marijuana, apprehensive, or have had previous issues with anxiety while using marijuana, it is best to start with a small dose. It’s easy to take more later, but only time will lessen the high.

Environment

It is important to know that tolerance is not 100% predictable, even in regular marijuana users.

Taking a break from using the drug, even for just a few days, can make users more sensitive to their usual dose.

Using the drug in unfamiliar or stressful settings can also cause a temporary reduction in marijuana tolerance.

Best Strains For Anxiety

As most users know, different strains of marijuana can produce very different effects. As a result, choosing the right strain can make a huge difference in how anxious or relaxed you feel after smoking.

Indica vs Sativa

As a general rule, indica strains are preferred over sativas for treating anxiety.

Sativa strains tend to be more uplifting and have an energizing effect on the mind and body. Indica strains are more often associated with feelings of calmness, relaxation, and stress relief.

THC/CBD

The experience of heightened anxiety after taking marijuana can also be due to the cannabinoid levels of a particular strain.

A higher ratio of CBD in a strain can help to counteract the potentially anxiety-inducing effects of THC. Pure CBD extracts are highly unlikely to cause anxiety.

CBD, when taken alone in 600mg doses, has been shown to reduce social anxiety and feelings of anxiety associated with public speaking.

THC seems to have opposite effects on anxiety levels depending on the dosage, with THC acting to decrease anxiety at lower doses yet increasing anxiety at higher doses.

Terpenes

Despite what many believe, THC and CBD do not always predict the effects of a strain.

Terpenes, another group of chemicals found in cannabis, can both modify the effects of cannabinoids and produce effects of their own.

Common terpenes in marijuana include:

Myrcene (relaxes muscles, aids with sleep)
Linalool (anti-anxiety, sedative)
β-Caryophyllene (anti-anxiety, antidepressant)
Terpinolene (sedative, aids with sleep)

How To Avoid or Deal With Anxiety

There are a few methods that can be used to prevent marijuana-induced anxiety, or help you cope with it once it’s begun.

Dosing: Know your tolerance. Always start with a lower dose, and work your way up.

Choosing the right strain: In general, high-CBD and low-THC indicas are a good starting point, but there are plenty of options for those seeking anxiety relief.

Black pepper: Smelling freshly ground pepper or chewing on a few black peppercorns has been reported to decrease anxiety from marijuana almost instantly.

Passionflower extracts/teas: Passionflower extracts and teas have relaxing benefits on their own, and can help calm anxiety from taking other drugs. There is scientific evidence that passionflower acts directly on calming chemicals in the brain.

Distract yourself: Watch a funny show, listen to music, eat, stretch, take a warm shower, whatever makes you normally feel calm and happy.

Train your mind: Remind yourself that you are safe, and that these uncomfortable feelings will pass. Meditative exercises like box breathing can also help you get into a more relaxed state.

Summary

Although many people have experienced anxiety from using marijuana, it can also be an effective treatment for anxiety disorders.

Scientists still aren’t sure how marijuana can both cause and treat anxiety, but there are many factors that can contribute.

Paying attention to strain composition and dosing can help to minimize acute anxiety and help you reap the many anti-anxiety benefits that marijuana has to offer.

It is normal for both new and experienced users to experience anxiety after taking marijuana. But coping methods like chewing black pepper, breathing exercises and mental distraction can help make your high less panicked and more relaxed.
I have ANXIETY so bad!

I was listening to this old JIMMY PAGE song.
Reminded me of making surf movie's in HAWAII during the 70's.
This song help's me cope!

I didn't realize that I have bouts of anxiety until recently. Always wondered where my daughter 'got it from.' Well... I think the culprit may be me... :uhoh: I don't suffer from it too badly... always classified it as me being a worrier. And have been able to manage it pretty well. But it shows me that I've been self medicating longer than I realized.

My daughter, on the other hand, goes into a full bore panic mode that she cannot control. I've always thought that cannabis, in small doses, would be really beneficial for her. And she is finally to the point where she may want to give it a try. I'd like her to start with CBD and see if it does anything for her first. But it would be such a blessing for her to be able to calm herself down.

I'm sorry to hear you suffer from it so badly @ataxian .

I didn't realize that I have bouts of anxiety until recently. Always wondered where my daughter 'got it from.' Well... I think the culprit may be me... :uhoh: I don't suffer from it too badly... always classified it as me being a worrier. And have been able to manage it pretty well. But it shows me that I've been self medicating longer than I realized.

My daughter, on the other hand, goes into a full bore panic mode that she cannot control. I've always thought that cannabis, in small doses, would be really beneficial for her. And she is finally to the point where she may want to give it a try. I'd like her to start with CBD and see if it does anything for her first. But it would be such a blessing for her to be able to calm herself down.

I'm sorry to hear you suffer from it so badly @ataxian .
I think the M was a good call!
I'm suffering from anxiety so bad?
My family love's me?
I read and study daily but I turn off a lot of member's?

Truly I don't want to hurt anybodies feeling!
I do sometimes?
Sorry 4 being a DICK!

Thank you so much for understanding?
@momofthegoons your hyper nice!

Reactions: BD9
Truly I don't want to hurt anybodies feeling!
I do sometimes?
Sorry 4 being a DICK!
ataxian.... I can honestly say I have never experienced you being a 'dick.' I don't think that has ever been your intent when posting. So no apologies are needed.

Now...we've 'known' each other on forums for a long time so if there had been intent you would have felt the sting of my whip... :whipit: And I have never even contemplated bringing it out for you. :wink:

ataxian.... I can honestly say I have never experienced you being a 'dick.' I don't think that has ever been your intent when posting. So no apologies are needed.

Now...we've 'known' each other on forums for a long time so if there had been intent you would have felt the sting of my whip... :whipit: And I have never even contemplated bringing it out for you. :wink:
In a world full of HOMO SAPIENS?
U R really KIND!
Da "M" work's so easy & effective.

This article deals is about depression and stress as well as anxiety.. but I felt it fit here best.
Scientific guidelines for using cannabis to treat stress, anxiety and depression
In a first-of-a-kind study, Washington State University scientists examined how peoples' self-reported levels of stress, anxiety and depression were affected by smoking different strains and quantities of cannabis at home.

Their work, published this month in the Journal of Affective Disorders, suggests smoking cannabis can significantly reduce short-term levels of depression, anxiety, and stress but may contribute to worse overall feelings of depression over time.

It marks one of the first attempts by U.S. scientists to assess how cannabis with varying concentrations of the chemical compounds tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD) affect medicinal cannabis users' feelings of wellbeing when smoked outside of a laboratory.

"Existing research on the effects of cannabis on depression, anxiety and stress are very rare and have almost exclusively been done with orally administered THC pills in a laboratory," said Carrie Cuttler, clinical assistant professor of psychology at WSU and lead author of the study. "What is unique about our study is that we looked at actual inhaled cannabis by medical marijuana patients who were using it in the comfort of their own homes as opposed to a laboratory."

For example, the WSU research team found that one puff of cannabis high in CBD and low in THC was optimal for reducing symptoms of depression, two puffs of any type of cannabis was sufficient to reduce symptoms of anxiety, while 10 or more puffs of cannabis high in CBD and high in THC produced the largest reductions in stress.

"A lot of consumers seem to be under the false assumption that more THC is always better," Cuttler said. "Our study shows that CBD is also a very important ingredient in cannabis and may augment some of the positive effects of THC."

The researchers also found that while both sexes reported decreases in all three symptoms after using cannabis, women reported a significantly greater reduction in anxiety following cannabis use.

Data for the study were taken from the trademarked app Strainprint, which provides medical cannabis users a means of tracking how different doses and types of cannabis affect a wide variety of symptoms of wellbeing.

Strainprint users rate the symptoms they are experiencing before using cannabis on a scale of 1-10 and then input information about the type of cannabis they are using. Twenty minutes after smoking, they are prompted to report how many puffs they took and to rerate the severity of their symptoms.

Cuttler and WSU colleagues Alexander Spradlin and Ryan McLaughlin used a form of statistical analysis called multilevel modeling to analyze around 12,000 anonymous Strainprint entries for depression, anxiety and stress. The researchers did not receive any of the Strainprint users personally identifying information for their work.

"This is to my knowledge one of the first scientific studies to provide guidance on the strains and quantities of cannabis people should be seeking out for reducing stress, anxiety and depression," Cuttler said. "Currently, medical and recreational cannabis users rely on the advice of bud tenders whose recommendations are based off of anecdotal not scientific evidence."

The study is among several cannabis-related research projects currently underway at WSU, all of which are consistent with federal law and many of which are funded with Washington state cannabis taxes and liquor license fees.

More information: Carrie Cuttler et al, A Naturalistic Examination of the Perceived Effects of Cannabis on Negative Affect, Journal of Affective Disorders (2018). DOI: 10.1016/j.jad.2018.04.054

Provided by: Washington State University

I am going to start doing some reading on mindfulness. After listening to a number of podcasts, it seems like that combined with CBD and THC at the appropriate levels certainly will assist in anxiety management. I am unsure if there is any way to prevent full blown panic attacks, but whatever helps us live in the moment better.:peace:
I got late on-set SCA 46 ?
Been retired since 2012.

CANNABIS eliminates da need 4 most drug’s?
Down 2 one?
One 2 go!

Another thing that helps me is to start slow. I find if I just take a draw or two then wait for 20-30 minutes I almost never have "A". I can then vape to my hearts content. If I try to do too much too quick thats when "A" can be an issue. A little alcohol, a beer or glass of wine, also seems to help me.

I have to watch the strains I use too! Indica's and CBD/THC blends are good too. Not much of a fan of most Sativas as I get older!
SATIVA is what I Love
Flavor 4-sure

However some will FUCK U?
You have to know which is best 4-U?

INDICA 4 sleep time 4-me!
Hybrid all day usage 4-real
ROSIN all kine pretty strong & comatose kine!

Another thing that helps me is to start slow. I find if I just take a draw or two then wait for 20-30 minutes I almost never have "A"
My daughter, as I've said before, has awful anxiety. We vaped a little over the holidays while she was in town. Actually the first time we've ever indulged together although god knows she knew about my usage. And it's not her first experience with herb. Anyway... I didn't want her to do too much. We used a Dynavap and some nice indica. She took a couple hits and said it relaxed her shoulders and she could just feel the weight lift off of her. That's all she really needed or wanted so she didn't do more. But I do believe that's the way to medicate anyway... unless I'm in a hurry and need to take a quick dab on the run I usually start slow and my sesh will last a long time (fresh herb... not so much dabs lol). It's not until late at night that I just want to get blasted so I can sleep.

but this isn't about me lol... I was talking about my daughter. Indica in small amounts seems to really have a positive effect on her anxiety.

My daughter, as I've said before, has awful anxiety. We vaped a little over the holidays while she was in town. Actually the first time we've ever indulged together although god knows she knew about my usage. And it's not her first experience with herb. Anyway... I didn't want her to do too much. We used a Dynavap and some nice indica. She took a couple hits and said it relaxed her shoulders and she could just feel the weight lift off of her. That's all she really needed or wanted so she didn't do more. But I do believe that's the way to medicate anyway... unless I'm in a hurry and need to take a quick dab on the run I usually start slow and my sesh will last a long time (fresh herb... not so much dabs lol). It's not until late at night that I just want to get blasted so I can sleep.

but this isn't about me lol... I was talking about my daughter. Indica in small amounts seems to really have a positive effect on her anxiety.
I took some drops of oil = CBD + THC it took my anxiety away!
My daughter gets MEDICATED on her own lately!
Season of life?

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back