Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
I’ve owned both and honestly I never saw any benefit with slotted stems. Now maybe that comes down to individual units or if you have sensitive lungs.
But those slots provided very little extra airflow, and in my opinion were unnecessary.
I have an OG air and the regular stems work just perfectly.

Based upon the total lack of response to my questions regarding the OG Air and OG Solo, maybe my recollection is even worse than I thought, or maybe most of you just had little to no experience with the Arizer OG vapes to which I'm referring?
Have the OG Air/Solo units been re-designed eliminating the need for increased air flow via the previous use of slotted stems?

I'm sorry Freddy.... I totally dropped the ball on this one....

I own an og Solo and an Air 2. What I've noticed is that the draw is much less restricted in the Air 2 than the og Solo. I think the need for those slots in the stem was eliminated with the newer versions. How they changed the design I'm not sure. But they definitely have less draw restriction. I actually like the og Solo better. I feel like there's almost too much air flow in the Air 2 and the hits aren't as 'dense.'

I don't know that you can find those og stems anymore though. I know Ed no longer carries the glass GonG versions (which I really liked).

Thanks, @MOTG!

Maybe my recollection regarding OG ARIZER units isn't as bad as I thought it might be! Although I did notice a real decline in recall about the same time my first grandchild was born, a year ago this month...hmmmm?

Seriously! I have a video of him playing the drums along to John Lennons song, "MINDGAMES".

Hmmmm....once again. Could there be a connection!?

:rofl:

Last edited:
But now, I can't find glass stems made with those slots in them. Has the design of the Arizer glass stem and/or Air/Solo units been changed such that the draw resistance reduction does not need those stem slots? If so, how?
The slots are not necessary on the Air2 or Solo2. Neither of the initial devices had a dedicated airpath, air just pulled right through the electronics. Initially when Arizer released the Solo2, there was no isolation per se but there was an dedicated airpath. After initial feedback from testers and early adopters, Arizer added parts to isolate the airpath in the Solo2. The Air2 had an isolated AirPath from the get go thanks to the removable battery configuration, as does the ArGo.

Arizer has sunset the Air2. The AirMAX has improved airflow when we compared it side by side with the Solo2, you aren't sucking on that thick milkshake (even thicker with the OG units) unless you cram your stem too tight with the AirMAX. While the MAX takes a few seconds longer to get to temperature in a side by side test with the Solo2, it pumps out the power once there and will not stutter to keep up with however strong of a draw you decide to throw at it and you can hand it off to someone else who can hit it again without pause. For reference, the Solo2 has two 18650s hardwired in series to give it some extra voltage getting out of the gate on warm-up whereas there is just a single 26650 in the AirMAX.

Hope this is helpful for you and anyone else checking out the retired Air2.

Last edited:
Felt nostalgic. I bought a gram of Gorilla Glue got out my Solo 2. The bud is somewhat dried out but all is good. The flavor of citrus. This feels so big, I’ve been using a cart with a battery. I like a session vaporizer myself.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back