Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
With my og Solo dying recently, I succumbed to a bit of VAS over the 420 sales and purchased an Air 2 from @420edc . The package he offered during the 420 sale was really a good bargain.

The Air 2 comes standard with the following:

07_Whats-Included_2020-The-Arizer-Way-Air-II-Product-Page_V01_01.png

(not pictured... PVC travel tubes)

• 1 x Air II Portable Micro-Heater

• 1 x Air II Battery
  • 
1 x Air II USB Charger /Power Adapter
  • 
1 x Air II Glass Aroma Tube (70mm)
 in PVC Travel Tube
  • 1 x Air II Tipped Glass Aroma Tube (70mm) in PVC Travel Tube
  • 
1 x Air II Glass Aroma Dish

• 2 x Air II Silicone Stem Caps

• 1 x Air II Belt-Clip Carry Case
  • 
1 x Stainless Steel Stirring Tool
  • 
4 x Air II Stainless steel Filter Screens

• 1 x Sample Aromatic Botanicals
 (mine was lavender)
  • 1 x Air II Owners Manual

They're offered in 'carbon black' and 'mystic blue.' I opted for the blue. Mark offers additional items with his Air 2's... currently a hard carrying case and an additional stem. During the 420 sale an extra battery was an option; so I picked one up. Mark kindly also threw in a couple extra stems for me to try out.

I love the size of this unit. It's much slimmer than the Solo. As usual, Arizer has made a solid, sturdy vape. It has an all glass, isolated air path; which means good flavor. And has an interchangeable 18650 battery. I also like that the og Solo stems fit the unit and you can use it while charging. The Air 2 features digital temp control. I do find that I need to use mine on the maximum heat setting of 220°C (428° F) to get the best vapor... and I'm wondering if that is the case with other people that own this vape.

To turn the vape on, you hold the menu and minus buttons until it counts down from 8. This is a safety precaution so that the vape doesn't just turn on if the 'on' button is pushed accidently. Then it's just shy of a minute to heat up to full temp. When it reaches your set temp, you'll get a beep. You can change the volume of the beep and your session time (from 5 - 15 minutes) using the menu button once the unit is on. The vape turns itself off automatically and will give you a beep to notify you. To turn the vape off manually you just hold down the menu button.

If you'd like to see the internals, Puffitup has done a tear down on the Air 2....

My set up....(excuse the drops of water in the tipped stem... I just washed it lol)

IMG_6785.jpg

@momofthegoons we are grateful for your support and for the shoutout here in a new Arizer Air2 thread. Thought the Asylum was missing something :thinker:

Hope it treats you right and you get plenty of use out of all the gear beyond the vape itself! Stay safe & healthy.

With my og Solo dying recently, I succumbed to a bit of VAS over the 420 sales and purchased an Air 2 from @420edc . The package he offered during the 420 sale was really a good bargain.

The Air 2 comes standard with the following:

View attachment 18212

(not pictured... PVC travel tubes)

• 1 x Air II Portable Micro-Heater

• 1 x Air II Battery
  • 
1 x Air II USB Charger /Power Adapter
  • 
1 x Air II Glass Aroma Tube (70mm)
 in PVC Travel Tube
  • 1 x Air II Tipped Glass Aroma Tube (70mm) in PVC Travel Tube
  • 
1 x Air II Glass Aroma Dish

• 2 x Air II Silicone Stem Caps

• 1 x Air II Belt-Clip Carry Case
  • 
1 x Stainless Steel Stirring Tool
  • 
4 x Air II Stainless steel Filter Screens

• 1 x Sample Aromatic Botanicals
 (mine was lavender)
  • 1 x Air II Owners Manual

They're offered in 'carbon black' and 'mystic blue.' I opted for the blue. Mark offers additional items with his Air 2's... currently a hard carrying case and an additional stem. During the 420 sale an extra battery was an option; so I picked one up. Mark kindly also threw in a couple extra stems for me to try out.

I love the size of this unit. It's much slimmer than the Solo. As usual, Arizer has made a solid, sturdy vape. It has an all glass, isolated air path; which means good flavor. And has an interchangeable 18650 battery. I also like that the og Solo stems fit the unit and you can use it while charging. The Air 2 features digital temp control. I do find that I need to use mine on the maximum heat setting of 220°C (428° F) to get the best vapor... and I'm wondering if that is the case with other people that own this vape.

To turn the vape on, you hold the menu and minus buttons until it counts down from 8. This is a safety precaution so that the vape doesn't just turn on if the 'on' button is pushed accidently. Then it's just shy of a minute to heat up to full temp. When it reaches your set temp, you'll get a beep. You can change the volume of the beep and your session time (from 5 - 15 minutes) using the menu button once the unit is on. The vape turns itself off automatically and will give you a beep to notify you. To turn the vape off manually you just hold down the menu button.

If you'd like to see the internals, Puffitup has done a tear down on the Air 2....

My set up....(excuse the drops of water in the tipped stem... I just washed it lol)

View attachment 18214
I have done two purchases from @420edc and I have nothing but compliments to Mark on his service.

I would recommend 420EDC without hesitation.

I have done two purchases from @420edc and I have nothing but compliments to Mark on his service.

Thanks for all your support as well @Baron23 and kind words!

@I'm Ron Burgundy? How u liking the Air 2? I'm a Lil jelly about the VA bag u received
It’s awesome man! It has better airflow than the original Air and of course the digital readout is nice to have. Also the max temp goes to 428° and I believe the original Air goes up to 410°.

I have the Air2 and extra battery in the pouch and 2 stems.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I tried using my Solo 2 2 weeks ago. It wouldn't turn on It showed Error 7. I called and since I just passed the 2 years I was out of luck. Because the 3-year warranty covers not everything. It's a circuitry failure only 24 months. - They sent me a discount on OEM products.

I did a google search... There are a bunch of things that came up on error 7 and error 5 on The Solo 2 search results. Period.

I own at least one of every Arizer Vape Products. Every single one...

There are a bunch of high-quality portable vaporizers with a 10-year warranty, I wouldn't replace my Solo 2 with what I know from my own experience and many others, these are persistent problems... and a not so generous warranty... spells no thanks I will take the 10-year warranty.

Peace. Love & Vape,

^ ^ ^ The Vape Master ^ ^ ^

Last edited:
I tried using my Solo 2 2 weeks ago. It wouldn't turn on It showed Error 7. I called and since I just passed the 2 years I was out of luck. Because the 3-year warranty covers not everything. It's a circuitry failure only 24 months. - They sent me a discount on OEM products.

I did a google search... There are a bunch of things that came up on error 7 and error 5 on The Solo 2 search results. Period.

I own at least one of every Arizer Vape Products. Every single one...

There are a bunch of high-quality portable vaporizers with a 10-year warranty, I wouldn't replace my Solo 2 with what I know from my own experience and many others, these are persistent problems... and a not so generous warranty... spells no thanks I will take the 10-year warranty.

Peace. Love & Vape,

^ ^ ^ The Vape Master ^ ^ ^
Hi Bruce - nice to see you here. Welcome

I called and since I just passed the 2 years I was out of luck. Because the 3-year warranty covers not everything.
That sounds like shit unless the discount was for 50%, especially bad about the 3rd year is different as it makes you think it was designed to fail like the thermal fuse in the early Crafty.
My OG Air with its simple controls is still working fine even if it is restrictive.

Hi Bruce - nice to see you here. Welcome
Good to see you too! Back at the blogging about vapes again!

That sounds like shit unless the discount was for 50%, especially bad about the 3rd year is different as it makes you think it was designed to fail like the thermal fuse in the early Crafty.
My OG Air with its simple controls is still working fine even if it is restrictive.
They offered me a Solo 2 and a cord for 125 USD, when I can get a New Solo 2 for 169 USD.

I am not spending anything to replace the Solo 2, because I see many other people had an error message and thus their Solo 2 was scrap (like mine)

I am concerned that maybe there are the same problems with the Air 2.

I never had a problem with the draw resistance, but the Air 2 is better than the Air in that category.
Having had the Air and now the Air 2. USB 2, easier air flow, excellent battery life. However, me personally. I have the Solo 2 and I have one of the n

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
Chuckling away to myself when I recall earning a vacation on another site for foul language when describing what Arizer sounds like to deal with :lol: . That discount offer is surely a poor taste joke?

I think the Air 2 is no longer avaliable but the Air Max is available and on sale to the end of this month for a mere $223.99. :rofl:

Arizer

Make it $135 and we can talk!

Hey all you old farts...that's right...and you all know who you are...don't pretend you don't! :myday:

Help me out here with my own failing recollection regarding the design of the OG Arizer Air & Solo vapes. IIRC, the OGs had no air "jets" in the bottom of the bowl/base plate...those came later along with glass stems that had slots cut in the herb end of the stem...right? Or am I having more cognitive recall issues?

The slots in the glass stems resembled the slots in Ed's custom stems, as seen below. That design, along with the base plate "jets", significantly helped reduce the "milkshake drawl", that Arizer was unfortunately known for at that time, 2012 or so, I think.

But now, I can't find glass stems made with those slots in them. Has the design of the Arizer glass stem and/or Air/Solo units been changed such that the draw resistance reduction does not need those stem slots? If so, how?

So if you all can help me out with my own recall conundrum then I will in turn give you some tips on where to look for your "misplaced" car keys! :myday:

1664225009220.png

Well, okie dokie then!

Based upon the total lack of response to my questions regarding the OG Air and OG Solo, maybe my recollection is even worse than I thought, or maybe most of you just had little to no experience with the Arizer OG vapes to which I'm referring?

Where's @OF or @CarolKing when you need'em!? :thinker:

Hmmmm...I guess they got too old as well!? :idon'tknow:

Oh well, now where did I leave my new walker?

lol OF is not on this forum. What is it that you need to know?

stem slots are really unnecessary, that applies to the air, air2 and solo2. I don’t know about the original solo because I don’t own that.

Bottom line: Why are slotted glass stems now unnecessary, as you've suggested, RB? They were certainly an improvement to the OG units!

Suddenly I'm feeling a little Rip Van Winkleish! :rofl:

Have the OG Air/Solo units been re-designed eliminating the need for increased air flow via the previous use of slotted stems?

I'm getting sleepy again....

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back