Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Arizer Solo 2

Found in the box:

• Solo 2 Vaporizer
    • 2 Glass stems (90mm & 110mm lengths)
    • 2 Silicone stem caps
    • Glass aroma dish
    • Carrying case
    • Stainless steel stirring tool
    • 4 Stainless steel screens
    • Sample of aromatic botanicals
    • Wall charger

Thoughts?

Definitely thinking that they need to give us more info lol, but I'll bet that's what you think too my friend ;)

So far, it has not really been differentiated in any major way from the older ones. I really hope the digital temp control is not the only change lol

Is it me or does it look a little less broad than the original size? That is a plus!

I can confirm that the Solo II is smaller. If you look at a certain other forum for posts by TheChillBud in the Arizer Solo II thread, you will find a review of it from someone who has used it.

New Features (as per their review):

* Digital temp control
* reduced depth, but same height and width. Smaller and lighter.
* Extended battery life but slow charge time (~3 hours of use, but 3 hours to charge).

AFAIK, not much else. Heat up is 40 seconds or so. Nothing to write home about IMO but not terrible. Airflow is the same.

I don't think this will fill any new usage niche, of course the Solo has always had a dedicated following as a reliable, tried and true workhorse at a reasonable price so I'm sure it'll be welcome for those who were considering buying a solo anyway ;)

Last edited:
Definitely thinking that they need to give us more info lol, but I'll bet that's what you think too my friend ;)

So far, it has not really been differentiated in any major way from the older ones. I really hope the digital temp control is not the only change lol

Is it me or does it look a little less broad than the original size? That is a plus!

I can confirm that the Solo II is smaller. If you look at a certain other forum for posts by TheChillBud in the Arizer Solo II thread, you will find a review of it from someone who has used it.

New Features (as per their review):

* Digital temp control
* reduced depth, but same height and width. Smaller and lighter.
* Extended battery life but slow charge time (~3 hours of use, but 3 hours to charge).

AFAIK, not much else. Heat up is 40 seconds or so. Nothing to write home about IMO but not terrible. Airflow is the same.

I don't think this will fill any new usage niche, of course the Solo has always had a dedicated following as a reliable, tried and true workhorse at a reasonable price so I'm sure it'll be welcome for those who were considering buying a solo anyway ;)

Yeah I had a look at chillbud, seems like that's about it what you listed.
I'm curious to hear more reviews on this, whilst I don't think i'll need it I think it could be a great new entry level vaporizer for some people.

Side by side example of size difference, not too dramatic really, the glass stem itself will still be a nuisance for portable use.
Arizer-Solo-vs-Arizer-Solo-2.jpg

I had 3 days with the Solo II.
I was not a fan, due to a less deep oven, and a tighter fit that made me nervous inserting the stem.(though, we all know about the first stem entry, and how we must "break the gateway in ".
The first few hits were about like using the Arizer air... they cooled down the oven too fast, and it was not until hit 4 that vapor began to become tasty.
I had the unit for 3 days, and sent it back as there was a list of users the sender had that he wanted to try it out.
I admit to being set in my ways, and resistant to change once I like an original unit!

Last edited:
I had 3 days with the Solo II.
I was not a fan, due to a less deep oven, and a tighter fit that made me nervous inserting the stem.(though, we all know about the first stem entry, and how we must "break the gateway in ".
The first few hits were about like using the Arizer air... they cooled down the oven too fast, and it was not until hit 4 that vapor began to become tasty.
I had the unit for 3 days, and sent it back as there was a list of users the sender had that he wanted to try it out.
I admit to being set in my ways, and resistant to change once I like an original unit!
That does not sound at all encouraging. Heater doesn't seem to have improved at all!

Ive owned several vapes.
and Ive killed a few of those.

the ones I havent killed still have their charm from time to time. A new vape is always flavor of the month for awhile, but sooner or later out comes the solo.

Why ? because it gives me thick hot no fuss white walling vapor without fail day after day even tho I put an unbelievable amount of meds thru it.

Week after week leading into year after year.

I was an early adopter of the solo and I have never regretted it.

Its a fucking tank. I have only ever bought 2, but with some early on warranty issues I have owned 4.
arizer has stellar warranty support and they have always made any warranty issue right beyond my expectations.

As I said the original solo is a daily driver tank, I use it every single day.
I havent tried an air yet (if it aint broke, dont fix it)

But as CK above just said. Im an arizer fan boy & when my solo original goes to the big vapor store in the sky you can guarantee I WILL be replacing it with a Solo II provided by my man Randy.:clap: @PuffItUp

So fingers crossed, I have great hopes that this one will be a classic as well.

sooner or later out comes the solo.
The original Solo is a beast.

And personally? I like the wider design of the original.

Not trying to slam the newer slim model. But I already breathe a sigh of relief each day my stoned ass doesn't knock my Solo over and break a stem. (Hence all the backups, plus sometimes I just want two of them in a row and you can't stop me!!!)

The original Solo is awesome, but needed discreetness and more true "portability" added which I don't think the re-design accomplished either necessarily. Still looks like you're packing heat if loose in a pocket.

All this, as always, just imo. :thumbsup:

Re-design it with stem made out of zirconia somehow, and then the stem would be shorter and less breakable, and I would lose my mind and order one immediately!

Peace and good things to all!

The original Solo is a beast.

And personally? I like the wider design of the original.

Not trying to slam the newer slim model. But I already breathe a sigh of relief each day my stoned ass doesn't knock my Solo over and break a stem. (Hence all the backups, plus sometimes I just want two of them in a row and you can't stop me!!!)

The original Solo is awesome, but needed discreetness and more true "portability" added which I don't think the re-design accomplished either necessarily. Still looks like you're packing heat if loose in a pocket.

All this, as always, just imo. :thumbsup:

Re-design it with stem made out of zirconia somehow, and then the stem would be shorter and less breakable, and I would lose my mind and order one immediately!

Peace and good things to all!
Man I didn't even think of that until you raised it, the centre of gravity isn't so low in this new redesign since it is slimmer, as you say. As you also say, I'm not sure if this slimness makes the new design 'pocketable' either.

I definitely think that the Solo II will continue to fill the exact same niche as the original solo did. A reliable workhorse of a vape that may not have the bells and whistles we see in a lot of new vapes coming out, but is something that people can get there hands on without spending a lot of cash that will provide loyal service for years to come.

Too many vapes require warranty returns these days and for someone who has a budget for one vape and accordingly doesn't want down-time/warranty returns, I expect that the Solo II will be a very viable option. :twocents:

Too many of the more innovative new vapes with additional features coming out lately have unacceptably high failure rates. This is something I'd be surprised to see from the Solo II - it simply doesn't appear to change all that much of the tried and true tek that the original is built on. This is the same reason that many still use Solo's every day so many years after release :biggrin:

@OldOyler I agree, something tougher but equally inert and more easily cleaned can certainly be used instead of glass nowadays and will save plenty of breakages. Zirconia is only one of a number of options (but a good one!).

Arizer hasn’t announced an official release date as of yet, and the cost of the Solo II is still unknown. We’ll be updating you on the launch date as well as price tag as soon as we know.

Arizer-Solo-II-Review.jpg

Arizer Solo II Review
The Arizer Solo II will come in two colors to start, Mystic Blue and Carbon Black. We assume it will cost around ~$200, putting it in line with Arizers other portable vaporizers.

The Solo II took quite a few cues from the original, from the way you load / operate the unit to the overall dimensions. The addition of an organic LED display allows users to closely monitor / adjust things like temperature, operating time and battery life. The height of the Solo II is virtually identical to the original, but it was given more of an oval design which makes holding the unit more comfortable.

Found in the box:

• Solo 2 Vaporizer
  • 2 Glass stems (90mm & 110mm lengths)
  • 2 Silicone stem caps
  • Glass aroma dish
  • Carrying case
  • Stainless steel stirring tool
  • 4 Stainless steel screens
  • Sample of aromatic botanicals
  • Wall charger
Arizer-Solo-2-review-and-unboxing-vaporizer.jpg

As far as the overall experience and vapor quality, the Solo II is almost exactly the same as the original Solo. This might not sound like a good thing, but it’s a fantastic thing! The original Arizer Solo was, and still is one of the best vaporizers. I love that Arizer didn’t try to reinvent the wheel, they just upgraded the guts and brought the aesthetics up to date.

Once you get a hold of the Solo II you get a sense for how well it’s built. It has a solid feel, nothing rattles around at all. Arizer used a piece of brushed stainless steel to cap off the top and bottom of the unit, and quite honestly it’s my favorite change aside from the vastly improved battery life. It just looks really great, reinforcing a feeling of durability, quality and pure function; plus it’s easy to clean.

Arizer-solo-2-vaporizer-review.jpg

Here’s the big change that will have any existing Solo owners clamoring to order a new Solo II; battery life. The Solo II battery will last up to 3-hours on a single charge. More realistically you can expect well over 2-hours of battery life, at least that’s been my experience. The unit also takes 3-hours to fully charge, but it can be used while charging to avoid too much downtime.

The OLED display is controlled with 3-buttons at the front of the unit and will let you know when the device is heating, battery life and of course temperature. You can dial in the exact temperature you want between 50° C and 220° C (122° F – 428° F) using 1-degree (°C) or 10-degree increments. You can also adjust things like the volume of the beeps or you can turn them off completely. Display brightness and Celsius / Fahrenheit settings can also be adjusted.

The Solo II has a power-on delay as well as an auto shut-off timer built in for safety reasons. You can adjust these in the settings, but you can’t turn either off completely. The auto shut-off isn’t an issue as it allows you to vape for up to 15 minutes per session. The power-on delay is a bit of a nuisance as it can’t be set any lower than 4-seconds. All this means if you have to hold the power buttons for 4 seconds before the device turns on, not the end of the world, but kind of annoying.

In terms of performance the Solo II is fantastic, just like the original. Vapor quality, density and flavor are all top notch. What you can expect is a faster heat up time, reaching 200° C in ~40 seconds. This more powerful heater also allows for more aggressive hauls because it can maintain temperature during use more easily.

The glass stems on the Solo II are virtually the same as the ones found on the original, holding the same amount of herb (around 0.2 grams). Original Solo stems will fit in the Solo II without issue.

That answers my question about the stems - the same size as the original. Good news! I'm not sure of the above article's date. It won't be small enough to put in your pocket, unless you have big coat pockets. That's ok with me.
CK

Last edited:
I really like the fact that it's backwards compatible with the older Arizer portables. Being able to use your PV GonG's, Joda Glass, etc, will be a big plus in many owners eyes. However just the little longer battery life has me thinking is it worth it for a few upgrades on aesthetics?

I've been holding off getting a new battery for my older Solos I still get just shy of an hour of use with both and they are three years old. Batteries are around $45. I'm just going to get one of the new Solo 2s when they come out. The VAS is overwhelming for me.:aaaaa:
This seems to me like what will be a common scenario that leads people to buy a Solo II :wink:

My Solo was almost completely useless by the time I upgraded as the battery was so poor that it could not reach/maintain max temps. I tend to avoid vapes that do not have easily replaceable batteries these days after that lesson and similar experiences with a Crafty. This is a limitation of batteries and not a unique problem to any specific vape of course :)

I wonder if they will make the new Solo's easier to replace batteries? I know they gave us removable batteries in the Air?

I wonder if they will make the new Solo's easier to replace batteries?
Do it once, and you will not find it intimidating in the future.
Unscrew the screws
DSC05223.JPG

Slide unit from cover
DSC05224.JPG

You have entire innards
DSC05226.JPG

Notice 4 little clips...2 on either side...
use small screwdriver to gently pry them open
DSC05227.JPG

Lift cover away
DSC05229.JPG

Unplug battery and replace the same way... the plastic connectors are "fitted", so you
can not go wrong.
DSC05230.JPG

Buy the replacement battery from @PuffItUp they are a great deal.

Do it once, and you will not find it intimidating in the future.
Unscrew the screws
View attachment 53

Slide unit from cover
View attachment 54

You have entire innards
View attachment 58

Notice 4 little clips...2 on either side...
use small screwdriver to gently pry them open
View attachment 55

Lift cover away
View attachment 56

Unplug battery and replace the same way... the plastic connectors are "fitted", so you
can not go wrong.
View attachment 57

Buy the replacement battery from @PuffItUp they are a great deal.
Thanks for posting this. Every vape forum should feature a great picture guide like that for the Solo battery replacement :biggrin:

I should have clarified that I have replaced Solo batteries for friends before. However, a problem is that you have to buy replacement batteries with the appropriate terminal attached from a limited number of vendors. A bigger problem is the requirement of tools etc which means battery replacement on the go is not so useful.

I prefer a solution that requires no tools, allowing for changing batteries on the go. This was one of the big reasons that I abandoned the Solo for my Haze v3 years ago. The haze v3 gave me near-identical performance to a brand new Solo in a much smaller device that fit in my pocket, and has user-replaceable batteries that can be easily changed at any time without tools. It is not without its own limitation (my only complaint with the Haze v3 is that there is a section below the mouthpiece stem that can be difficult to access for cleaning).

Basically my overall view on the Solo II is that it is a very minor update and has not addressed a number of the key limitations of the OG Solo.

These limitations include:

1. The OG Solo is not strictly speaking a very portable unit, the Solo II remains quite a large product in most of the same ways and I do not know if it will be pocketable.
2. Slow, session style heatup time (this may be a limitation of components/materials used - not a deal breaker but faster heatup is becoming much more common now).
3. External, very breakable stem, without separate cans/capsules for loading material, difficult to carry multiple stems on the go (not too difficult to reload a stem if you have an appropriate shaped container of ground material, but the stem is still to easily damaged for true portability IMO - I should clarify that I refuse to use wood in a vapor path as it swells with resin over time, so the currently available non-glass alternatives do not suit my needs to address this limitation).
4. No concentrate pads/solution (I refuse to use cotton, I do not like to use concentrates with flower to due overcooked flower taste long before the bowl is finished)
5. Difficult to replace batteries compared to a lot of other units (not the worst offender of course!)

I don't think the Solo II will be bad by any stretch, as I said, it's certain to fill the same niche as the OG solo without a doubt (the changes they have made will definitely be appreciated I am sure).

I just wish they could have updated some more features and made this more appealing to people who do not currently use the existing Arizer products. I've always liked the reliability of Arizer's products and was hoping that their next offering would meet my own needs. Maybe next time though :smile:

I am beyond glad to see that they have included SS screens for their stock stems now though! Those glass holes in the stock OG stems were beyond frustrating (as they have been with every other vendor that ever used this kind of 'screen').

limitations
Exactly @herbivore21
I felt the same way about the air.
it was small but was still external glass.
At least they gave the plastic tipped shorty.
In spite of its convenience, that seemed the last thing on the
minds of loyal Solo lovers.
They love Solo due to the pure glass vapor "chamber/airpath/mouthpiece".
Still, two pieces.
A patient that is being driven (hey.. you know it happens) can hurt a tooth with glass longer than a nipple.
A gong shorty can help with avoiding clumsy clunks on a tooth.
An ed's wood stem makes it safer...
Still it's a great "around the house" or in the back yard sort of portable.
Not the type I am learning to appreciate of late, for "on the road".
(the new range of self-enclosed units);
Still love a Solo!

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back