Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
I have this along with severe osteoporosis.............cannabis most definitely helps.........if by helps you mean makes all the difference in my life.
We have a front passing through today and I am glad for cannabis.

Same boat here. It’s been killing me lately. The pain is unbearable when it kicks in. It’s a different type of pain from when I had cancer. It’s equally bad but it just feels different. One was severe sharp, cutting, burning. The pain now feels as though it’s the aftermaths of a bunch of those Thai kickboxing guys practicing on my leg all day long. I don’t medicate before work. Maybe I need to micro dose. I can’t even go to the gym. And it’s taking a toll on my mental health and my performance at work. I really don’t want to start narcotics. I’m not worried about addiction just other side effects.

How do you all cope with the mental health impact?

I lift weights and move around vape a ridiculous amount of cannabis and take tramadol\robaxin 3 x a day.
Acceptance has been the hardest for me..........mentally going from Godzilla to irkle took me a bit of convincing.
Broke five vertebrae,several ribs both hands and mangled my feet on multiple occasions and.still can't.act right..........sigh.
You find the way to mentally chilling the fuck out please let me know.I
:lmao:

Got my paraffin wax warmer. It feels so good. Kinda like as a kid with your feet in the smooth mud but warmer. My mother’s day gift from me to me. My new nighttime routine. My feet and hands are so smooth. It is one more thing that can help. It is a temporary type of pain relief.

Got my paraffin wax warmer. It feels so good. Kinda like as a kid with your feet in the smooth mud but warmer. My mother’s day gift from me to me. My new nighttime routine. My feet and hands are so smooth. It is one more thing that can help. It is a temporary type of pain relief.
I've had a parafin treatment in the past when getting my nails done. It's heavenly. I envy your wax warmer Carol lol. Enjoy!

I found a chronic pain support group. My first meeting is a few weeks out. I think I’d do better to find one for cancer survivors specifically but I haven’t had much luck with that.

Since your screen name indicates you might, do you meditate? Don't answer if I'm out of line, it's none of my business.

I did during those years I was drug tested. Attended yoga retreats, five hour group meditations, and whatnot. Its harder now while using cannabis, but it left me a foundation of sorts that I can call on and it lets me stay calm and relax my body. If I'm hurting I get comfortable, get rid of distractions, focus on my breathing, blanking out thoughts, and after some time my body follows my minds lead and I can relax.

Home>News>Nearly 20 Percent of Patients with Rheumatologic Diseases Consume Cannabis

Nearly 20 Percent of Patients with Rheumatologic Diseases Consume Cannabis​

Clermont-Ferrand, France: A significant minority of patients with rheumatologic diseases – such as lupus, fibromyalgia, and rheumatoid arthritis – actively consume cannabis, according to data published in the journal Rheumatology.
A team of French researchers conducted a meta-analysis of the relevant literature specific to the use of cannabis in patients with rheumatologic diseases.

Researchers reported that approximately 17 percent of all patients with rheumatological diseases are active consumers of cannabis. Cannabis use was most common among patients with fibromyalgia. Overall, cannabis consumers tended to be younger in age and were most likely to report using cannabis to mitigate pain.

Authors concluded: “In this meta-analysis, we found that one in six patients suffering from rheumatologic disease actively consumes cannabis, reducing in pain reduction. … A favorable effect of cannabis on pain in our meta-analysis reinforces the idea that cannabis could be used for analgesic purposes.”

Placebo-controlled clinical trial data published last month in the journal Pain Medicinereported that the administration of plant-derived THC-rich cannabis oil is effective and well-tolerated among fibromyalgia patients. By contrast, less data is available at this time assessing the efficacy of cannabis for other rheumatological conditions, like lupus, spondylitis, or rheumatoid arthritis.
Full text of the study, “Cannabis use assessment and its impact on pain in rheumatologic diseases: A systematic review and meta-analysis,” appears in Rheumatology.

So i made canna capsules for my dad.. he suffers so bad and has for so long..
Lately he can bearly walk... mainly his hip is the problem...
He got to a point where he can no longer put his sock on his left foot in mornings...

Anyway hes has a capsule a night before bed for last 4 days.. no high effects..
But today he got his sock on....
This shit really does seem to work...

A friend of mine took 2 and she was unbelievably high for a looooong time...
I made capsules using avb and rosin chips into coconut oil..

I will report back my dads progress... but so far its looking promising....

How Marijuana Does More For Age-Related Osteoporosis Than Calcium

Osteoporosis is a condition in which bones become weak and brittle. It’s typically due to loss of tissue, which happens as we age and hormonal changes occur. In a normal body, bone tissue is constantly being absorbed and replaced. However, in someone with osteoporosis, the new bone creation works at a slower pace than the bone removal.

Osteoporosis is the type of illness that can’t be undone or cured. However, certain remedies like healthy dieting, exercising and even medication can slow down the process.

But you know what else is good for Osteoporosis? (If you guessed drinking more milk, you’re not completely wrong, but the answer we were looking for is cannabis).

Here’s why: Our body is complete with our own cannabinoid system called the endocannabinoid system(aptly named). Therefore, areas where cannabinoid receptors (CB1 and CB2) are located interact better with cannabis cannabinoids.

In a 2009 study published in Cell Metabolism, scientists compared rats with different level of cannabinoid receptors. CB1 receptors regulates reduced bone formation and fat accumulation also known as osteoporosis. Rats deficient in CB1 receptors had more fat accumulation leading researchers to conclude: CB1 receptors protects the bones by regulating bone tissue absorption and creation.

In other words, researchers are leaning towards cannabis as a possible treatment for age-related osteoporosis since it’s regulated by our endocannabinoid system.

Cannabis works in many other ways for people with osteoporosis. First, the condition isn’t necessarily detected until a broken bone or fracture occurs. Luckily, in a 2015 study researchers at Tel Aviv University and Hebrew University found that cannabis’ non intoxicating compound, cannabidiol or CBD, may help heal broken bones.

In an experiment conducted with rats, researchers administered either CBD alone or CBD and THC (cannabis’ psychoactive ingredient) to rats with broken thigh bones and observed the effects over a controlled period of time.

Researchers concluded that THC didn’t appear to have much of an effect, but the rats treated with CBD alone healed faster and were less likely to have fracture in the same place because the CBD produced a much stronger “fracture callus” or bridge that builds between the broken area.

Weak bones AND broken bones? Cannabis seems to be the gift that keeps on giving.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back