Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Law Australia

You can mod cars to a point
Depends on the state what the cops pick on too
Lots of old rexies (WRX) get around tho

I've been legal for weed for 6 months now
But I can't grow it legally

The weather is all over lately
Bushfires and drought couple year ago then Rona and now mega floods

Victoria police might not have been as bad as NSW and QLD back in the day in some ways but they were certainly more trigger happy and shot ppl more often
Not allowed to have a fishing rod holder protruding past your bull-bar anymore...something to do about sharp objects and pedestrian safety. I have swapped my coil suspension for a fully adjustable air bag set up, increased wheel and tyre size, got bar work all around like a Mad Max reject and all is legal and covered by insurance, you just have to be honest about the mods and in my suspensions case...done by a pro at my local ARB shop.
Tassie cops are pretty cool, most places are not that large and ahole cops don't last long.
Tassie is also the only state in Oz that allows cannabis in your system while driving...just have to be in control the same as any prescription drug.
My friend had the cops at his rental unit for some reason this last grow season and commented on how healthy his 2x 7-foot plants in the garden looked and said since medical legalization they do not bother harassing small growers even though it is technically illegal and that it is left up to the individual copper to decide if there is a real problem or not.
I have never seen a K9 unit like those mongrels at the Sydney or Melbourne? train stations...that is just plain wrong.
Brilliant this is promising.. thanks for the info.. im really gonna look into this..
I think a holiday to scope out taz is needed...
Lets hope its not true how much the aussies dislike brits...

Brilliant this is promising.. thanks for the info.. im really gonna look into this..
I think a holiday to scope out taz is needed...
Lets hope its not true how much the aussies dislike brits...
You can grow legally and smoke recreationally legally in Canberra
But the rules and amounts are a bit stupid
Still, it's legal and recreational

We love Brits...especially beating them at cricket!
Ahaha we suck at everthing.. especially stuff we invented...
Football..
Tennis...
Rugby..
Cricket..

We got motorsport though.. we good at that..

SmartSelect_20220506-091318_Instagram.jpg

We just had a federal election
Without breaking politics rules, the spread of parties that got seats and ones that got in power (a huge change historically in how ppl spread their votes) - is much more promising for the future in regards to loosening of medical laws and towards legalisation of weed
I'm not saying that's about to happen at all, but there is a lot more chance of that now then prior
In the least hopefully we get better access to products and cheaper prices from the doctors - and that they follow tazzy in regards to driving laws for the whole country

As I said I'm not making any political comment here nor talking about how the new lot will deal with other issues at all
Just in regards to weed this was a positive night compared to the outgoing government - also not saying anything huge IS about to happen, but there are more ppl in a position to have a say that ARE in support of such things

Here's hoping to a future where we are like Canada and full recreational

I am booked in for an e-consult next week to get my medical card (I don't think we actually have a card but you know what I mean).
Going withe these guys as my new local GP recommended them as he has done with a few other patients as he said it will be a couple of years before Tassie doctors catch up with the law.
Only AU$89 for the first consult (my Doc said they were reasonably priced compared to some and it seems that way from what I have researched) and I paid with PayPal!
I liked in the online form there was a warning that only Tassie patients were allowed to drive with THC in their system.:scooter:

Edit, I will just say I always ride my scoot in the morning before I hit the meds but it is nice to know that I will be able to not worry so much about having residuals in my system but fell straight as a...crooked old man can.

Last edited:
I am booked in for an e-consult next week to get my medical card (I don't think we actually have a card but you know what I mean).
Going withe these guys as my new local GP recommended them as he has done with a few other patients as he said it will be a couple of years before Tassie doctors catch up with the law.
Only AU$89 for the first consult (my Doc said they were reasonably priced compared to some and it seems that way from what I have researched) and I paid with PayPal!
I liked in the online form there was a warning that only Tassie patients were allowed to drive with THC in their system.:scooter:

Edit, I will just say I always ride my scoot in the morning before I hit the meds but it is nice to know that I will be able to not worry so much about having residuals in my system but fell straight as a...crooked old man can.
You will always have enough to fail a test in your system with the amount you consume mate hahaa

$89 is a great price
Most are $150 or $120 with a referral from the doctor for the first consultation
Then you pay for each appointment after to get repeat scripts $35/$50

Let us know how you go and how much they give you
Good stuff mate, the not having to worry about police is a big weight lifted
As long as it's in the container it comes in you can carry it with you - you can even fly with it
And I hope that we catch up to tazzie with the driving laws

Finally had a telemedical with a doctor to get prescribed cannabis. Usual shit where a know-all know nothing thinks he knows what is best for me...fucking rope oil!
Says it is to save me money and slowly work up to flower if needed to manage pain. I told him (again) I have been growing my own for 20 odd years and have pain under control and I mainly want a heavy-leaning indica to help sleep and kick the temazepam lolly popping. His reply is there is no such thing as indica or sativa only hybrids, dickhead never heard of landraces.:disgust:
Oh well, I will just have to play their money-grabbing game...

Says it is to save me money
I was pretty happy when I received my Oil as it was free with my first AU$89 fee (follow-up consult is AU$45) After a week I felt I may be a bit yawny an hour after dosing 2ml 3x a day plus a few aches might have eased a little? Anyway, the Oil is D-9-TETRAHYDROCAN/CANNABIDIOL (1mg+100mg)/ml, 50mL OIL.
I just filled the repeat and nearly fell over as it was AU$295 for the 50ml bottle delivered...a bottle every 8 days is not possible for me financially. :razz2:
I have dropped back to just 2ml at night to help sleep and keep me legal for driving. Got a follow-up next week and hope to get something other than oil...just so I can use the container whenever traveling even though I still rarely drive.

I was pretty happy when I received my Oil as it was free with my first AU$89 fee (follow-up consult is AU$45) After a week I felt I may be a bit yawny an hour after dosing 2ml 3x a day plus a few aches might have eased a little? Anyway, the Oil is D-9-TETRAHYDROCAN/CANNABIDIOL (1mg+100mg)/ml, 50mL OIL.
I just filled the repeat and nearly fell over as it was AU$295 for the 50ml bottle delivered...a bottle every 8 days is not possible for me financially. :razz2:
I have dropped back to just 2ml at night to help sleep and keep me legal for driving. Got a follow-up next week and hope to get something other than oil...just so I can use the container whenever traveling even though I still rarely drive.
Yea they asked if I wanted CBD
I would have for sleep and other health benefits it can give (even though you don't get high)
But when they told me the price I said yea nah I'll give that a miss thanks hahaha

I stopped getting the thc oil after two scripts because I wanted flower and make my own better oils
But also it cost more than flower when you worked out the thc mg you got
I said financially it isn't sensible for me to get the oil etc anymore as flower gave me more mg for the $

But the full CBD oil cost even more than the thc oil they have at 26mg thc per ml

Only took me like two/three scripts to get them to stop giving me oil and now it's just bud
I could get two bottles of oil more on top of my flower each month but the cost/value isn't worth it to me

I know ppl who get more bud than me, but I am now on one of the higher rates of flower we get here
Recently managed to get an extra tub per month

They used the same terminology as Purdue did with oxys - my extra script is for "breakthrough pain" lol
I mean the pain is real - but it's always been there, it isn't breakthrough, the docs are just catching up to what doses I already knew I needed

I just had my 3rd doctor(nurse) consult and they are finally prescribing flower (plus a mouth spray and oil)...an Aussie grown sativa dominant strain called Desert Flame(Amnesia...Its genetic forerunners include Cinderella 99, Jack Herer and Skunk. )...cheap too at only around AU$500 an oz:razz2:...good thing they only sell in 15g plastic bottles, I would have thought a mason should be chucked in at that price!
51119434117_0b0100d047_o.jpg

I just had my 3rd doctor(nurse) consult and they are finally prescribing flower (plus a mouth spray and oil)...an Aussie grown sativa dominant strain called Desert Flame(Amnesia...Its genetic forerunners include Cinderella 99, Jack Herer and Skunk. )...cheap too at only around AU$500 an oz:razz2:...good thing they only sell in 15g plastic bottles, I would have thought a mason should be chucked in at that price!
View attachment 39409
Damn that's expensive
Local grown is nice
Looks alright, how's it go?
Glad you finally on the flower mate

Local grown is nice
Looks alright, how's it go?
Just finished the consult...usually get meds in 3 business days after I send the script that I should get tonight/tomorrow.

Mother fuckers just called me back and canceled my flower script and want me to use some fucking spray now for another baseline test...money grabbers...FFS, I was looking forward to trying some Sativa. Might have to start doctor shopping, so disappointing.:cry:

Mother fuckers just called me back and canceled my flower script and want me to use some fucking spray now for another baseline test...money grabbers...FFS, I was looking forward to trying some Sativa. Might have to start doctor shopping, so disappointing.:cry:
Yea wow
I know we have all had to play a game for the start to get what we need but this is sounding a bit ridiculous
Usually even when it is small amounts people get flower quicker than you if not on the first consultation
It's usually flower and oil at first (just not much) and you can slowly lose the oil and get more flower
These guys are just stringing you along for ages

These guys are just stringing you along for ages
Feels like it...just spent another $525 on oil and mouth sprays ffs, will make another follow-up apt in 3 weeks, and if no bud then I will go elsewhere.

Australian Activists Face Charges for 4/20 Sydney Opera House Projection Protest

Two Australian cannabis activists facing charges for projecting pro-cannabis messages on the Sydney Opera House last year during a 4/20 protest demonstration argue their actions are constitutionally protected political expression.

Two activists in Australia are facing criminal charges for projecting pro-cannabis messages on the Sydney Opera House, one of the most recognizable landmarks in the world. The activists, Alec Zammitt and Will Stolk, projected a dancing pot leaf and other images on the famed venue on April 20, 2022, timing their protest against the continued prohibition of marijuana in Australia to coincide with the cannabis community’s 4/20 high holiday.

A month before the 4/20 demonstration, Zammitt had conducted a trial run of the protest in which he projected images for a short time onto the Sydney Opera House from the Park Hyatt Hotel, a location with sweeping views of the iconic landmark and nearby Sydney Harbour Bridge. The images, which left no permanent mark on the structure, included cannabis leaves and the numeral 420, among others, and the phrase “Who are we hurting?” a primary theme of the activists’ protest.

Zammitt was contacted by police detectives, who visited his home the following day to conduct an interview. Before concluding the interview, the detectives told him that they were not sure if what he had done was an offense and said they would seek internal legal advice and contact him after a day’s time. When that didn’t happen, the activists believed they were in the clear and planned their next demonstration for 4/20.

Screenshot-2023-01-21-at-12.39.28-PM.png

4/20 Demonstration Interrupted By Police​

After returning to the Park Hyatt Hotel early on the morning of April 20, Zammitt and Stolk, who freely admit their actions, used laser projectors to again project the pro-cannabis imagery onto the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbor Bridge. Before long, however, the protest was shut down by the authorities.

“The police ended up raiding the hotel suite where the projectors were set up. They issued me with an offense relating to the month prior as well as a new offense for the 4/20 projections,” Zammitt wrote in an email to High Times. “They also charged Will with the same offense under section 9 G of the Opera House Trust By-Laws.”

Zammitt went on to explain that the offense relates to “Distribution of advertisement etc. on Opera House Premises,” noting that there is similar legislation relating to the Sydney Harbour Bridge, on which the activists also projected pro-cannabis messages. So far, police have chosen not to pursue charges in relation to that part of the demonstration, however.

Stolk and Zammitt are fighting the charges against them, arguing that their actions did not constitute a commercial advertisement but were instead a constitutionally protected protest of Australia’s prohibition of cannabis and a message of support for reform legislation being debated in the New South Wales (NSW) Parliament.

After being informed by the activists’ legal counsel that they would bring constitutional challenges to the charges against them, prosecutors changed their approach and agreed that rather than a commercial advertisement, Zammitt and Stolk’s actions were a political protest. However, they are continuing the proceedings and requiring the pair to present their constitutional defense in court.

Activists Appear In Court Next Week​

On January 31, Stolk and Zammitt face a hearing in the case, where the NSW attorney general’s office will indicate if it will oppose the activists’ defense based on political expression or communication. If the attorney general opposes the defense, the matter will be set for a constitutional hearing.

If the case goes to trial and the activists are convicted of the charges against them, Stolk faces a fine of up to $1,100, while Zammitt’s penalty could be twice that due to the second charge for the trial run. Zammitt hopes the court proceedings bring attention to the continued prohibition of cannabis in Australia and amplify their “Who are we hurting?” message. He added that he has retained an attorney renowned for his work with constitutional defenses related to political expression and expects prosecutors to drop the charges before the case goes to the Australian High Court.

Stolk said he is tempted to pay the fine and be finished with the matter, but the case’s constitutional implications and his desire to continue spreading a pro-cannabis message keep him in the fight.

“We did this for a reason, and the reason was to firmly express our opinion and political belief that we should legally be allowed to consume and sell recreational cannabis just like we do alcohol and just like our brothers and sisters get to do in numerous legal states in the USA, in countries like Canada, Holland and Thailand, and soon even Germany,” Stolk wrote in an email. “We believe that the current Australian laws are stuck in the 1800s and we believe that it’s our constitutional right to be able to protest and express our political opinions.”

He also notes that the basis of the protest is the desire of many Australians to be able to smoke a joint without fear of reprisal from the government. He adds that it is a matter of personal freedom, something his grandfather fought for in World War 2, spending five years in a Nazi POW camp.

“I personally feel that if we give these corrupt politicians an inch they will take a mile,” Stolk asserts. “So as we are now in the position to take one for the team and stand up for our constitutional rights I think that no matter what the outcome it’s our duty as Australians to defend our freedoms that our ancestors fought so hard to protect.”

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back