Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Automotive Thread

Post your past, present or future vehicles!
This thread is for all automotive talk.
Any motor vehicle...yes even scooters :scooter:

My current vehicle:
2013 Scion TC
2.5 L four cylinder
180hp/173 lb-ft of torque
six-speed automatic
89EB945C-6838-42EA-9033-6A054FB45D33.jpeg

1C90811F-9441-4518-9688-2217081A6D9A.jpeg

The hatchback is functional as the seats fold down.
0F6E5528-AB6E-4780-BDCB-3F64B20FAE96.jpeg
C9E2DEE8-3D1D-4AF5-BF6D-93622D4A7BC9.jpeg

Front moonroof and glass skylight over the backseat
2E8509FF-DC39-468D-A88B-0CCB8839B8D7.jpeg

SoloCRX.jpg

The Mighty Rex: 1989 Honda CRK Si (sporty trim).

$(KGrHqR,!pwE-)Y0FdzcBP+M2Std2w~~60_12.jpg

A few years ago, Honda's 2-seater hatchback was popular with import street racers. These are pre-purchase photos - the Rex now has (slightly) bigger wheels and lower springs for better handling and a stiffer sports car ride.

$(KGrHqJ,!rgE+jbzd2ZzBP+29u0Inw~~60_12.jpg

Powered by Honda's D16A6. The air filter, exhaust header, catalytic converter, and and exhaust have since been upgraded for a few more horsepower.

full

Still waiting on the new ride. The Rex is smaller than a Mini (and much lighter), but it's still too much car with its four wheels, extra seat and environment changing emissions. The Electra Meccanica Solo is an electric 3-wheeler with only one seat!

Last edited:
I have a love/hate relationship with my Francine. I love her but she can be challenging to live with day to day.

Francine "the damsel from Dieppe"
  • 2015 Renault Clio RS
  • 1.6L turbo 4 cylinder
  • Turbo back exhaust, upgraded intake, custom dyno tune, DBA performance slotted rotors
  • 132kw or 180hp at the front wheels (about a 22% power increase from stock)
Perfect in a big city or for a solid blat through the twisties.

20160728_161239-1.jpg

Last edited:
Who the fuck buys a diesel Toyota anyway? lol
I have had. Many car’s & Truck’s!
My wife wanted a BMW!
Never own one?
The new toy’s are awesome!
The TOYOTA was more $$$$?
The BMW is a great experience!

Last night At the MOVIE ONCE APOND A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD = 5*********
With family from down-under!

Delicious = ROSIN from LEMON HAZE = civilization
UNION’s were good at first, until greedy animal’s ran them into the dirt!

Last edited:
My absolute favorite cars that I've owned were back from the 1960's and 70's. Now.. don't forget I'm a Detroit girl....

These are not my pics..

My first car was a handed down 1968 Camaro that looked like this... God I loved that car. We used to drive up and down Woodward Ave. trying to see who could take off from the stoplight fastest... and race to the next one.

chevrolet-00408-1.jpg

The next one was a used 1979 Mustang Ghia that I bought. I learned how to burn rubber in that car......

1979_00009_01.jpg

Sorry... I loved my V-8's.... so much power under those hoods. Gas guzzlers that they were. But hey... back then gas was only 17 cents a gallon. :idon'tknow:

My absolute favorite cars that I've owned were back from the 1960's and 70's. Now.. don't forget I'm a Detroit girl....

These are not my pics..

My first car was a handed down 1968 Camaro that looked like this... God I loved that car. We used to drive up and down Woodward Ave. trying to see who could take off from the stoplight fastest... and race to the next one.

View attachment 12952

The next one was a used 1979 Mustang Ghia that I bought. I learned how to burn rubber in that car......

View attachment 12953

Sorry... I loved my V-8's.... so much power under those hoods. Gas guzzlers that they were. But hey... back then gas was only 17 cents a gallon. :idon'tknow:
My first car was a FORD Mustang 65 with a 302 motor.
I was a muscle car surfer dude during the 70’s!

...yea its a 2012 camaro thats been upgraded... they only did 100 of them, mines #10 and apparently first that hit canada...

...inherited from my father a few years ago....

aqDogNXrdyKnle6AgFDH5UsZdb2pIhHWAM80szOhvdcGcDh8WVPxCq7nlXuYdo2sRcYPuofgm3cwsixrndKa68V1slARkoB00aVsJY-c52wL-eNSg7vqNw1eWWD7c9HANCmVgc1CqiHBHt8mQBFMcuupfEwq_OOQstxeuuWz4J2j-TohnOshPVrCyZjZyKblGIPaEzvjJIabCI8OKjCjeJ4vQVR-2P6CWoZK13PeQGGoi8I2aJPkeP567Fb1oBta-cZ4yV3Yqv7hzcc1ahrNvrXXWkhBBVlZbJLaS5c2CR-qNYtKsxMppZ22SSik8HjSgsAuR3YIK00PfJCoB_Cfth6PCEEQZQqFPjjluaPjuiVKYDuI2bWC8LVXndQrXMwRK-CLG1g9M59OhGu0qJIgI0UB3o0zaN2aMdIWLaZe6z1bWl2W9XpPr00Zo6O3u6IP8dm3yFHr-VZf3CWechkK9Dt7cw4Q6EBa-hCQR2hAN8m4trhLbxtzkJw7yePKzruXdUeIAf7HiCX8zqHec_BGDT6yIxLJhj_pJd0v-YRwa0WnPrd8rqr2oMAIh5hmg0nRIDFYgWfBxg1W5v6V-3tAtjYvATCYMNi8Ne2Em7lFET_kDPxdIKk1GDFc_EJFIPsw7urqug-4jZrjh49OBtkJHw7eSaHUBfJ00QgxqHq_EJ_Neg_UvAMGlQ=w1921-h907-no

My absolute favorite cars that I've owned were back from the 1960's and 70's.
Yep! My first car was the first model Honda Civic. They had yet to iron out the wrinkles and mine was a lemon. I bought it new and had it for 8 months. It never ran for more than two weeks at a time before needing some sort of service. It went through a couple timing belts and several electrical and other failures. Finally, frustrated and worn out by the constant inconvenience with it always going back to the shop, often via a towtruck, I traded it in for a real car; a cherry red Fiat Spider. I loved that car! She was my baby. It had a twin overhead cam engine, was fun to drive and I'm pretty sure that I could have overtaken you at that stoplight!

Here's an internet pic of it.
used-1982-fiat-124-spider-8031-18231553-1-1024.jpg

A friend of mine had a 1965 Mustang at the time and had just had the car painted an emerald green with a shimmer. He was over one night and he and my husband (who owned a dark red Camero) got pretty wasted on beer and joints. When he went to leave I was concerned that he was too loaded to drive. His reply was that I was not to worry as he had just gotten new brakes. He was parked in the driveway behind my Spider. He got in his car, put it in gear and pedal to the metal, right into my car. Bam!! Drive not reverse. I don't think I've ever been so mad at someone!!! LOL! Those were the days!
63c032df0c3ed2bb5942f2f9f62d1648-2.jpg

Yep! My first car was the first model Honda Civic. They had yet to iron out the wrinkles and mine was a lemon. I bought it new and had it for 8 months. It never ran for more than two weeks at a time before needing some sort of service. It went through a couple timing belts and several electrical and other failures. Finally, frustrated and worn out by the constant inconvenience with it always going back to the shop, often via a towtruck, I traded it in for a real car; a cherry red Fiat Spider. I loved that car! She was my baby. It had a twin overhead cam engine, was fun to drive and I'm pretty sure that I could have overtaken you at that stoplight!

Here's an internet pic of it.
View attachment 12976

A friend of mine had a 1965 Mustang at the time and had just had the car painted an emerald green with a shimmer. He was over one night and he and my husband (who owned a dark red Camero) got pretty wasted on beer and joints. When he went to leave I was concerned that he was too loaded to drive. His reply was that I was not to worry as he had just gotten new brakes. He was parked in the driveway behind my Spider. He got in his car, put it in gear and pedal to the metal, right into my car. Bam!! Drive not reverse. I don't think I've ever been so mad at someone!!! LOL! Those were the days!
View attachment 12978
My 65 FORD down the 405 fwy after school to the NiXON WHITEHOUSE before the sun left the PALE BLUE DOT!
Aloha surf rack’s transported our surfboard’s while we hot boxed all the way THERE!
CONFUSED and SMOKED out?
CALIFORNIA was a dream once a pond a time?
White long hair was cool back in the daze!
SUNNY in winter 4-sure?
HAWAII was standard!

I see we all like to go fast :headbang:

This is my next muscle car, 1996 Cobra Mystic.
The paint is so sick, changes from purple to green in the light.
1568474094481.jpeg

1568474215878.jpeg

This has always been my favorite body style of the mustang, 94-98. I have an old video of my 98 mustang I’ll try to find.

I see we all like to go fast :headbang:

This is my next muscle car, 1996 Cobra Mystic.
The paint is so sick, changes from purple to green in the light.
View attachment 13066
View attachment 13067

This has always been my favorite body style of the mustang, 94-98. I have an old video of my 98 mustang I’ll try to find.
Nice car!
My tribe had a exotic car habit?
Before all the touring, drag racing MUSCLE CARS was a thing!

My friend had many coat’s of paint before layer’s of clear coat!
Shine like the sun in AUTUMN!
All the tree’s?

My 65 MUSTANG was $500 in perfect condition in 1973.
Once in a road rage 110mph in the dessert was standard!
VANISHING POINT (movie with Steve)
CHALLENGER was a decent ride?

Last edited:
Miss my old ford Fairlane 1976 model with a 351 Cleveland V8 engine
Was fully reconditioned, chromed engine, acid dipped pistons and heads
Compression so tight you couldn't turn it by fan without a socket on it
I have no digital pics of it to share
See what I can come up with at some point

Man the power it had, had to be careful in the wet...love old muscle cars
More character in the body shape for me pre 80s
And I can tune the carby by hand or drive it home via the cable by hand if needs be etc
Computers are great in a car while working, once the chip blows ya stuffed though
And that old V8 petrol smell was something to love too

Here's a pic of a similar one to mine
But I had ltd light covers that you would press a button and the compressor working off vacuum would open the covers that flapped over the headlights
Made it look slick

images.jpeg-3.jpg

My current car is a Chinese 4x4
Great Wall
And it's going strong now nearly 6months
Crawls through mud and sand no issues at all
Off roads with the best of them
Towed a trailer with a ton of wood in it, towed my mates double racing go kart trailer and gear no issues
My old man has one and towed my wide body Camry (yea I've owned toyboatas too, Tarago, Camry, Hilux) I had on a car trailer down the highway
I get 6-700km a tank and if put on gas like my Dad has it's even better with little to no power loss
So far bloody impressed
Cost me $5000 (AUD) with 49,000 km on the clock
That's bloody cheap compared to known brands - with those KMs if be paying 10-30,000$ second hand

Here's a pic of another person doing Fraser island with no issues to report...
Also pretty stock setup

Screenshot_20190917-132501~2.png

Then there's the over priced competition just feeding me with reasons to be happy with my choice
I've posted elsewhere the Toyota having a class action and recall on the diesel filters
It is killing the environment and costing a buttload at the pump for drivers
Also they are getting fines from police because of the shit pouring out the exhaust and Toyota the company has said live with it they aren't fixing them

They also had around ten years ago a recall for faulty brakes

About a year or two ago they had a recall for faulty air bags
People sent them in to be fixed

Now, we have a new and current recall for the same airbags - so they can fix the fix they did recently....feckin crazy or what.....

Oh what a feeling..... toyboata .....

Seems Toyota fuck their customers like they do their cleaners having them outsourced and on a contract with no workers rights or union

Any of this information is researchable and from multiple reliable sources that the interwebs will assist you in
You can even find the news source of choice that makes you comfortable with your points of view on life and still get the same info :)

Oh and Great wall just dropped advertising with Allen Jones too on the radio station that has been caught for cash for comment advertising numerous times and other extremely bias reporting
Another great move from GW

So far I'm loving my Chinese four wheel drive whilst I vape with my Chinese bongs ;)

Have to say, I buy my vapes legit from the company's though
No knockoff vapes for my lungs thanks

PS love that green/purple colour @I'm Ron Burgundy?
I've had that on a phone cover before and wanted it on a car myself

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back