Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips AVB vs decarboxylation for edibles

This post should give you some guidance.

I read the post. Definitely a very interesting and safe (I also feel "anxious or paranoid when smoking weed and too terrified of setting something on fire when heating alcohol.") method of extraction.

Nevertheless surely not for testing "a little sample"
There might be no way to test just a little sample
Anyway, I truly like the Freezer Tincture Recipe but I don't consume any alcohol any more since some months. The base of a tincture is alcohol.
I think I will stick to the coconut butter

I am going to make a new :weed:coconut infused oil.
I am slowly getting in love with edibles:biggrin:
Not only is the kind of high different and somehow more potent than bonghit, but it is also very practical because the effect only starts after a certain amount of time and lasts long.

I actually thought I would make more oil this time also because my decarb-infuser machine is meant to be used for a bigger amount but I have the feeling/impression that the potency of the thc has degraded (in only one month?!:uhh:).
That is why I think it is not worth making a lot of oil.
Of course, I have taken care to store the oil away from light and heat. Nevertheless it seems that it has degraded in so short a time.
Has any one of you had the same experience?

Of course, I have taken care to store the oil away from light and heat. Nevertheless it seems that it has degraded in so short a time.
Has any one of you had the same experience?
Are you using the oil daily? If so you may have developed a tolerance and will need to up your dose.

If not... I don't know why it would degrade that quickly if kept in a cool and dark place. I've had oil keep it's potency for much longer in my pantry. But my pantry is quite cold. You may want to start keeping it in the fridge.

Edit: Looking at this article, it says it keeps a month. The true test is if it smells 'off' it's probably gone rancid.

Last edited:
Are you using the oil daily? If so you may have developed a tolerance and will need to up your dose.
Not every single day but well, quite often:biggrin:
If not... I don't know why it would degrade that quickly if kept in a cool and dark place. I've had oil keep it's potency for much longer in my pantry. But my pantry is quite cold. You may want to start keeping it in the fridge.
That might have been the reason. I actually didn't keep it in the refrigerator exactly for the reason that - as it reads in the article that you kindly shared:

Many people store their infusions in the refrigerator but find they have to leave the infusion out before cooking with it because it will turn solid, and you can’t pour it out of the bottle.

Not only is this a bit annoying but I wonder if the potency of the :weed:infusion is affected when the oil keeps switching from a solid to a liquid state.
Otherwise, I would go to the trouble of taking the oil out of the refrigerator well before using it and then putting it back in:razz2:

Not only is this a bit annoying but I wonder if the potency of the :weed:infusion is affected when the oil keeps switching from a solid to a liquid state.
I think it would depend on how high of a heat you are using to 'melt' it again.

What are you doing with your oil? How are you ingesting it? Are you baking with it or just using it by the teaspoonful in drinks, etc?

I think it would depend on how high of a heat you are using to 'melt' it again.
I would remove the jar from the refrigerator and wait a bit until it naturally melts back so that I can use the oil

What are you doing with your oil? How are you ingesting it? Are you baking with it or just using it by the teaspoonful in drinks, etc?

I tried to make gummies but they did not turn out particularly well.
Once I melt some dark chocolate and added some oil to it, poured mixture into the silicon gummy mold and put it into the fridge for a while.
I also simply poured some oil into my cup of coffee or in my smoothie

Last week, I flew to San Francisco and then from there I drove by car to Los Angeles and then flew back to Tokyo.
It was like a paradise in those dispensaries over there. I visited just a couple of them - I was not alone - but it was really a great experience.
I drank a drink with 100mg THC and I was very stoned walking down one of those steep roads :goofy:
It was am extremely overwhelming high!

There are so many great products :nut::weed::rofl:
Great flowers (I bought the strain Lamb's bread which should have 39.25% THC)
They have great. tasty gummies, pills, drinks, tinctures, etc.

1696051431470.jpg
1696051431498.jpg
1696051485113.jpg
1696051485122.jpg
1696051485134.jpg
1696051515808.jpg
1696407040946.jpg

It was not cheap though! The taxes for such products are quite high in CA. aren't they?
No wonder that there are many illegal dispensaries around the cit of LA. I didn't visit any though. As I said, I was not alone and by the way the American dream of Hollywood and California is really just only a dream because the reality is much different over there!
Anyway, this is not the right place to talk about the drastic societal problems in Los Angeles or San Francisco.

The products I bought are simply great and very enjoyable.
I wonder if one can be able to produce such products at home, such as for example the gummies.
Well, admittedly I am a beginner so the gummies that I tried to make were not delicious at all. And their consistency was also very disappointing.
The Kanha gummies are simply great! They tastes great and they are simply like good gummies.

Or, how one could produce a THC pill? I do no mean capsule with oil, which I imagine are not difficult to make but real pills.
That would be a great and discrete way to consume THC

Anyway, I am happy that I managed to buy such great products and above all to take them home with me:headbang::aaaaa:

@sballo I remember my first time in a dispensary well. I was like a child in a candy store. So much fun!

Glad you were able to have the experience. :biggrin: Looks like you got some nice goodies.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back