Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

duff

Get off my grass!
Egads.
Just got the Advanced Vape Supply Molecule in the mail for $26 during their sale.

I'm not a big concentrate guy so I'm not a pro, but damn. Just ran my first load through it and it easily hits quick and hard.

I cleaned everything, scraped the coils, did some burn offs and set the mod to 12 watts.
IMG_20181126_120426.jpg

Loaded a tiny bit of sticky shatter and got three killer hits. Despite all of the metal, it was pretty tasty.

Everything feels well machined. The wobble on the quartz cup is freaky when you first tighten it down. I can see why folks have been breaking them. Have I mentioned how tiny it is?
:smug:

It won't be for everyone as there will be ongoing maintenance/coil replacement, but it definitely fits the bill for what I was looking for.

Very impressed.

Last edited:
Had some time to play with the tcr setup for the Mole last night and this morning.
On my Wismec Ravage 230 I set the values in RedPanda to:

Capture.PNG

Getting big, smooth hits in about 6 seconds.
Absolutely exceeds my expectations.

However, the coil/bucket setup is fragile. I've had to fiddle a bit with the coil screws after a swabbing.
And since its sooo tiny, is a total pia to work on.

But it's hitting great.

Last edited:
setup for the Mole
2x condoms to be safe.
So only the top unit was on sale and you screw it to your own battery/mod?
Seems like a lot of people are enjoying it, how does rosin go in a unit like this?
:thumbsup:

Yeah, my Aussie bad, how does the unit perform with rosin?
That is how I should have asked, but I see your edit, Ta (thanks in Australian)

Also picked up a Molecule. This is based on the same idea described in this thread. AVS did a great job with it. Top-notch flavor with shatter.

Newbies to rebuilding atomizers might find it a little challenging to get the coils firing evenly, but AVS has helpful videos. Been using pre-built SS wire from AVS for a few years.

full

Tonight's build, since the AVS Molecule is mentioned in another thread. This is all food-grade, low carbon, stainless steel (316L) wire. There are 2 thicker, 26 gauge cores that are each wrapped, or claptoned, with thinner, 34 gauge wire. Space is left between each wrap, which is called staggering. The 2 staggered clapton cores are then "fused" together by wrapping both across the spaces that were left in each.

This is a relatively easy wire to build, especially with a clapton coil jig. It's not as popular as it once was for e-cigs, but it seems ideal for dabbing shatter in the Molecule.

The "stick" of staggered fused clapton wire is then coiled around a 4mm rod, flattened in a vice, and mounted in the Molecule. The fun doesn't end there, because now the hot spots must be worked out by squeezing the coil together with ceramic tweezers, while gently firing.

There is no hit more satisfying than one that's taken an hour to achieve.:nod:

The supplied AVS coils are wrapped better, easier to use, cheap, and work just as well. But where's the fun in that? This DIY coil can vape a larger dab with no waste, however.

full

Tonight's build, since the AVS Molecule is mentioned in another thread. This is all food-grade, low carbon, stainless steel (316L) wire. There are 2 thicker, 26 gauge cores that are each wrapped, or claptoned, with thinner, 34 gauge wire. Space is left between each wrap, which is called staggering. The 2 staggered clapton cores are then "fused" together by wrapping both across the spaces that were left in each.

This is a relatively easy wire to build, especially with a clapton coil jig. It's not as popular as it once was for e-cigs, but it seems ideal for dabbing shatter in the Molecule.

The "stick" of staggered fused clapton wire is then coiled around a 4mm rod, flattened in a vice, and mounted in the Molecule. The fun doesn't end there, because now the hot spots must be worked out by squeezing the coil together with ceramic tweezers, while gently firing.

There is no hit more satisfying than one that's taken an hour to achieve.:nod:

The supplied AVS coils are wrapped better, easier to use, cheap, and work just as well. But where's the fun in that? This DIY coil can vape a larger dab with no waste, however.
hahaha...I'm exhausted just reading that....may need to go plug in the enail banger. haha

How long would they last if you just kept using them?

IMO, around a dozen dabs. It's a matter of preference to an extent. You can soak the coils in ISO or better, clean ultrasonically. The Molecule is nearly all quartz and metal, so you can clean the whole deck with the cup and coil mounted.

Personally, this method seems best suited to people who already like to rebuild their e-cig atomizers - like AVS's existing customer base. Even using the supplied pre-built coils, it's challenging to work out the hot-spots. Imagine it would be extremely frustrating for people who aren't used to doing this. The main advantage of the Molecule is performance - you get a real dab-strength hit with good flavor that's remarkably smooth, all in a portable, even stealthy, package.

IMO, around a dozen dabs. It's a matter of preference to an extent. You can soak the coils in ISO or better, clean ultrasonically. The Molecule is nearly all quartz and metal, so you can clean the whole deck with the cup and coil mounted.

Personally, this method seems best suited to people who already like to rebuild their e-cig atomizers - like AVS's existing customer base. Even using the supplied pre-built coils, it's challenging to work out the hot-spots. Imagine it would be extremely frustrating for people who aren't used to doing this. The main advantage of the Molecule is performance - you get a real dab-strength hit with good flavor that's remarkably smooth, all in a portable, even stealthy, package.

Good explanation, thanks. I think im not quite there yet. But I am learning a lot here lately.

AVS M22 SiC dish, looks interesting,

AVS M22 SiC dish, looks interesting,

Very cool...I have been keeping my eye on this and rather like this dude's presentation of his product. No big hype, just kind of a cool demo.

My one question is why is he making a box mod....this is going to have to run in variable wattage mode and 30-35 watts is easily achievable by many other mods.

Except for form factor to use it with his bubbler (which does look pretty cool), not sure what his mod has that I need that the ones I already own do not??

If he can nail down the last details of his production and get finished units to the field, I think this may well be a game changer for many.

Cheers

My one question is why is he making a box mod...

Brent goes into some detail, and it's further discussed in the FC thread. It has to do with SiC being a semi-conductor. The atomizer was developed on DNA mods, but at a certain point, Brent decided he'd get better performance with a dedicated mod.

The atomizer will likely ship before the mod - haven't even received a pre-order invitation for the mod yet. So, we should all have plenty of time to see how it performs on our mods before buying the dedicated one.

Plus, it has a Breakout game.

Brent goes into some detail, and it's further discussed in the FC thread. It has to do with SiC being a semi-conductor. The atomizer was developed on DNA mods, but at a certain point, Brent decided he'd get better performance with a dedicated mod.

The atomizer will likely ship before the mod - haven't even received a pre-order invitation for the mod yet. So, we should all have plenty of time to see how it performs on our mods before buying the dedicated one.

Plus, it has a Breakout game.
So yeah, I had read the FC thread before and I got it about TC mode with SiC as a semiconductor, etc.

BUT, I note that Brent still ran it in variable wattage mode which would indicated to me that...well, he really doesn't have TC with SiC figured out yet.

Given how fast SiC heats up, I don't see an issue with just pulsing in VW mode but that's me.

WTF is a break out game (oh shit, I'm getting old! haha)

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back