Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips Banger questions

MikeyRipz

Few banger questions ??
I am currently using clear 20 mm banger

I am curious what are the benefits of going bigger to a 25mm banger?
Bigger clouds I hope so?

Also what are pros and cons to inserts ?

Clear vs. Opaque bottom?

Thanks guys and gals
20200804_064523.jpg

I like my 25mm with a 19mm ruby insert(and ruby pearls) when showing how good rosin can taste (showing off) but that is electrically controlled, torches are for cavemen.
That said, I use my DNail SiC Halo all day every day as it is so easy to keep clean compared to actually cleaning a banger (DNail just turn the dial to 999f for 15 to 20 minutes and it is like new).

I like my 25mm with a 19mm ruby insert(and ruby pearls) when showing how good rosin can taste (showing off) but that is electrically controlled, torches are for cavemen.
That said, I use my DNail SiC Halo all day every day as it is so easy to keep clean compared to actually cleaning a banger (DNail just turn the dial to 999f for 15 to 20 minutes and it is like new).
I have micro enail so no torching. Only to clean. Currently use a 20mm banger and glass carb cap. Thinking about upgrading to a 25mm coil and banger. Could you be so kind to send me a link to tools you use.
Or recomend who you would buy bangers and SiC dish from?

Shane , @710 coils, is my only choice for heaters (you want a 25mm axial coil) and has good bangers too but I like these bangers better myself, other people don't,
And my fav carb cap for it (spins terp balls great),
Terp balls,
@710 coils will actually set you up with a great kit, heater fitted, banger, SiC insert, terp balls and carb cap that you will get a lot more quickly than the links above plus Shane will 'Fit' the axial coil on the banger just right for you.
The DNail SiC gear is available at DNail, all US made as far as I know.
If you go the Halo route I would still get the heater coil from Shane, it would be a flat coil to suit the Halo though.

Could you explain the difference of your preference of a banger or halo.

I had a titanium nail with halo glass dish.
Didn't care for it at all. When I switched from that to a banger I was in heaven. Please help me find the stairway again. On a scale of 1 >10 i need to be more medicated help me get to 10 or better yet I would really like to make it to 11.

As of now I have my mind made up I'm going to order a 25mm banger and coil and a SiC insert maybe some Pearl's. The carb cap I have been

I had a Shane QB and I have a halo sic

I enjoyed the QB as it tasted nice
But it was too much mucking around cleaning and if dropped more potential to break

If getting a banger I I would get a coil
I hate torching - no temp control and feels too cracky

My halo sic however is super easy to maintain and keep clean
It is smoother than bangers I find and hits ever so slightly better
I think my halo sic is more efficient by a whisker
I got my flat coil with my auber for low price

I used to swap between the QB and halo
I ended up giving the QB away to convert someone as the halo is all that mostly got used in the end
I did buy a DHgate quartz "halo" dish to go on my dnail
This works wonderfully at a low price point if I want the quartz flavours of a banger, yet it is easy clean like the halo

I still use the halo sic the most
Smoothest and stays clean longest

So the QB is a brilliant way to consume esp on a budget
But much better with a coil

And then I think the halo sic is best but costs more
Or the dhgate halo quartz is a very good and viable cheap option to get in (you can buy ti nails on the gate too if going budget not using the dnail) also but has the easier clean traits of the halo sic

I rate a good QB highly
I just didn't use it very much anymore

I enjoy the quartz "halo" from DHgate
But I most of the time use the halo sic for better more efficient hits and a smoother toke

It's about what you have to spend in the end, which i would suggest a person buy
If money is not the issue.....a halo sic is the better option imo

Hope this helps rather than confuses

Cannot go wrong with a Dnail SiC Halo (the dish is now only $80 and not a seconds for the price) on a slim series Ti base coupled to the new Auber300. The Auber flat coil is good value at only $40 when purchased with the controller but I would go with @710 coils heater flat coil instead (nearly twice the price but is a much nicer product from what I can see)
I would also get a carb cap for the Halo from Dnail as they are non standard, a Ti forked dabber or if price is not a worry a Pukinbeagle Quartz cap(me want)
I also believe a Halo is a bit like a concentrate log...it makes a small amount seem large!

710 axial coils have been sold out for ever.

I had a titanium nail with quartz dish. I didn't like that thing. Great flavor was about the only pro. Tiny little hits, tons of reclaim not getting vapped. Pita to clean.
I dont think I'm gonna go halo route.
I want big fat clouds and maybe an occasional face melting cough. My current set up enail set to 606F and a 20 mm quarts banger. I can get some tasty fat tips with my setup, but need a bit more. I never get a cough off my setup I would appreciate a face melting cough once and a while.

I find the halo sic the most efficient and hardest hitting with bigger clouds
Easiest to keep clean/maintain of all

Glass dish or glass banger produces less or thinner vapour than my sic dish

Way more reclaim with my QB than the sic

The sic is the magic of the halo, not the shape
The material

My glass dish is as good or better than the QB was to me and easier to keep clean
The sic beats all

Either will get you satisfactorily high though whatever you choose

Too late to edit so back to back....

Just in regards to the like to cough sometimes and high temp dab

Again I think the sic does this better
I used to also at times like a high temp dab that made me cough a little but have the face slap

The sic did this in a tastier and smoother manner and again was so much easier to clean than quartz banger at high temp with the burnt on bits

I no longer like high temp dabs at all though through quartz or sic
I now start on 500 and finish on 550f for rosin and around 6-630 for feco (needs higher temps it seems to vaporise fully compared to rosin)

High temp or low temp though
With the halo sic I can have large dabs if I choose and always get big milky clouds, thicker to me than the QB or quartz dish

@Fat Freddy found and posted this somewhere that I found helpful/interesting,

Best Temperature For Dabs And Concentrates

Low temp dabs vs. High temp dabs

Low Temp Dabbing

There has been a huge trend leaning towards lower, slower temperature for dabs as more research has been done on the burn rate of the complex cannabinoid system.

THC boiling point is around 315°F (157°C)
CBD
boiling point is around 356°F (185°C)
THCV
boiling point is around 428°F (220°C)

The lower temperature for dabs allows the combustion of terpene profiles to elevate and produce a stronger, more vivid flavor profile. The downfall of a lower temperature for dabs and concentrates is that it won’t create a massive cloud, but if you are an experienced user that appreciates full flavor then a slower, lower temperature is ideal.

High Temp Dabbing
As opposed to low temperature for dabs, more traditional rigs and consumption is done through high-temperature combustion. This is usually hit when the bowl or dome reaches between 600°F – 900°F (315°C – 482°C).
The benefit of a higher temperature for dabs is that you’ll get a much thicker, more robust cloud. The downfall is that you sacrifice flavor, and hits can be much harsher. It’s also been shown to elevate the effects of concentrates, so if you’re a heavy user that wants to get a good bang for your buck, high-temperature dabs can achieve this effect.

Temperature Recommendation For Dabbing Shatter & Concentrates

The temperature you set for dabbing your concentrates solely relies on your personal preference. If you like seeing the fruits of your labor in thick milky clouds then higher temp dabbing is for you. If you like to enjoy flavor expressions and the complex terpene profiles from different strains, then low temp dabbing is the route for you.

32°F – 310°F (0°C – 154°C) – This range is generally too low to vaporize any type of cannabis concentrate. This will result in zero clouds and thus no flavor.

315°F – 450°F (157°C – 232°C) – This is the range for your “low temp dabbing”. In this range terpene profiles efficiently vaporize without burning. You will experience the maximum flavor and taste exactly the way the extractor meant for the extract to taste.

450°F – 600°F (232°C – 315°C) – This is in range with a “medium temp dab” or a hybrid temperature. This range will deliver slightly lower flavor profiles while increasing cloud production.

600°F – 900°F (315°C – 482°C) – This is the “high temp dab” range. You will start seeing rapid combustion and thick clouds. You lose terpene flavors as they lose their molecular structure at such high heats.

900°F + (482°C +) – Anything above this temperature is generally frowned upon as certain carcinogens and toxins begin to release in a vapor form. Hits will be cloudy, but extremely harsh with a distinct burnt taste.

Vaporizers & variable temperature for dabs
With traditional dab rigs, accurately heating your bowl or dome can be extremely hard. Heating your rig with an open flame blowtorch is hard to get a precise reading. With innovative technology getting stronger within the cannabis vape industry, more accurate temperature readouts are becoming ubiquitous.

Back to me,
I am enjoying lower dish temps of 435f to 475f in my SiC Halo, rarely hit 500f anymore and I am starting to see what people are talking about in regards to rosin and great flavor.
I tried some really low temps that were tasty but too whispy for me (350-400f).

Thanks guys and gals. I placed an order today for a 25mm coil new 25mm banger and a SiC dish, also a few ruby terp pearls.

I do appreciate the advise and knowledge. As I dont socialize with alot of people who dab, and the people I know that use concentrates use honey straws?? So dont want to ask them.

Thanks guys and gals. I placed an order today for a 25mm coil new 25mm banger and a SiC dish, also a few ruby terp pearls.

I do appreciate the advise and knowledge. As I dont socialize with alot of people who dab, and the people I know that use concentrates use honey straws?? So dont want to ask them.

I myself dont care for high temp dabs.
Right now I have my 20mm banger set at 606 deg F. I have played with temps up to 750ish and as low as 480 and found my happy med where flavor is still insane and produce nice clouds. Just want a little more without the high temp . I have big deep healthy lungs and really enjoy a massive toke that can produce a cough.
Maybe it's my tolerance or my rosin idk?
But it's always smooth for me.

I have and love 710coils.com bangers and coils and like Shane a lot too. Great guy, super CS.

If I was going to go another route than a quartz banger, I would look very closely as the t-bucket from New Vape with a SiC dish.

I have a D-nail halo that frankly I never use in favor of Shane's bangers or a CCA-710 Liger with an obsidian dish (some sort of higher polish SiC like ceramic material).

The D-nail halo (with SiC halo) just never really did it for me but all are allowed to have different preferences.

I should sell the D-nail.

I should sell the D-nail.
You would get SFA for it 2nd hand as they are cheap new now due to the Nimbus and all SiC units now available from DNail, bring it out for fumbling isitors to use, quite a sturdy unit!
I would also like a T-bucket to straighten/level up all my wonky China glass.

A while ago I got a deep dish banger and coil set up, complete with inserts, for my cottage since I primarily dab these days. And I've been struggling with the inserts. Do you guys dab at a higher temp when you use them? I can't seem to get good hits when I use them.

I use quartz inserts and have been increasing my temps slowly
Think I'm at 550f (288c)
I do a long heat soak of at least 15-20 minutes usually longer but the concentrates don't seem to evaporate the same way as using a banger without an insert

Shane had sent me inserts when I was still using QBs
I never really liked them
I found them fiddly to use and they didn't work as well for me
Also annoying to clean as they moved around in the banger

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back