Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Bedside Manners

Helios

For those who regularly share a bed with a Significant other, Do you change bedside positions or officially designate left side or right side of the edge, or sleep in separate beds?
Every couple of months I like to switch it up, lately wifey favors the left side, me being left hand dominant this can be a little annoying, time to switch! On the left.. what do you all favor?

For those who regularly share a bed with a Significant other, Do you change bedside positions or officially designate left side or right side of the edge, or sleep in separate beds?
Every couple of months I like to switch it up, lately wifey favors the left side, me being left hand dominant this can be a little annoying, time to switch! On the left.. what do you all favor?

Our dogs and cats only allow us a small area on our king sized bed. My wife is right of me and I'm left of her. Dogs and cats wherever.

My wife likes to sleep on her back, while I roll from side to side. Scrappy, our terrier mix curls into a ball, while squirty, the fat chihuahua sleeps four up, the two cats form balls of fur.

Last edited:
You could just pee the bed and blame the dog...........win win.
Not if you keep telling my secrets, it's not.
When I was growing up, I was specifically told by parents that the man sleeps closest to the door, so if anyone breaks in at night he can fight off intruders. I was also told that no one would ever marry me because I couldn't open a car door by myself, so I've wondered if the 'rents were accurate (as I eventually married anyway, but to someone who also felt he needed to be by the door). Quite exciting to find this thread to find out how people sleep, as I've long been curious. Over the years I've asked people, " So what side of the bed do you prefer?" , but I found that question is often misinterpreted as an invitation.
I switch. I will sleep on the right. I will sleep on the left. I will sleep in the middle. I have 6 cats, and three dogs, and I just want sleep. Sometimes I move from my bed to the couch. They follow me. I have a three legged cat, and he courteously moves to the night table and waits for me to get up, and come back. The rest are heat seeking barbarians, and I'm lucky to end up with room to rest. My dogs are Chihuahuas, and they like to be under the blankets, thus they aren't visible. I don't want to squish anyone, but they are stubborn, and they get comfortable and I have to be very careful to get back in bed without injuring them, or myself. Last night I had to go to the top of the bed, climb over a cat, and carefully insert myself under the covers in the middle of the bed. Another dog and cat was on the right side, and a dog on the left, with two more cats...
The worst thing is if, for some reason they decide to sleep with Madri-Guy or the cats sleep outside, I can't sleep At All. I miss them.
At one time, I took a good look at this situation, and realized that because of this situation, I would always be sleeping 'alone'.
This means I'm not technically qualified to answer the OP's question, but it might explain why.

Last edited:
My hubby likes the dog in the bed, me, not so much. She's a nice dog, and it's okay once in a while. I just prefer not to fight, for my spot back in bed, after I get up in the middle of the night to pee.

I'm lucky to end up with room to rest.

I can see how cuddling with the fur balls can be cozy, especially if its chilly at night. My hound is not allowed on the couch nor the bed, seems like he goes through doggy beds every 3 months! Unlike my other dogs from a previous lifetime with an ex this was always an issue, where she wanted them on the bed and I allowed it up to a point, there is no competing for bed space, if they don't like the rules well.. there is always outside lol. @Madri-Gal you are one of a kind to switch positions, we are creatures of habit so staking a corner and claiming it seems natural. I get bored and like to change corners, luckily the dame of the house is similar in mind and flexible.

I can see how cuddling with the fur balls can be cozy, especially if its chilly at night. My hound is not allowed on the couch nor the bed, seems like he goes through doggy beds every 3 months! Unlike my other dogs from a previous lifetime with an ex this was always an issue, where she wanted them on the bed and I allowed it up to a point, there is no competing for bed space, if they don't like the rules well.. there is always outside lol. @Madri-Gal you are one of a kind to switch positions, we are creatures of habit so staking a corner and claiming it seems natural. I get bored and like to change corners, luckily the dame of the house is similar in mind and flexible.
I'm glad you have such a flexible wife. I can see where that would come in handy when you want to change position in bed, as you indicated you enjoy. Variety can be important, but not everyone is willing to change corners. A friend of mine has a seperate bedroom from his wife. They seem happily married, except for his complaints about separate rooms. They do have cats. Not sure if that's a contributing factor or not.

A friend of mine has a seperate bedroom from his wife

If it works for them? why not. Having animals on the bed something every pet owner feels strong about weather they allow them on the beds or not, IDK some dogs can get very territorial and this is where trouble can start, not sure if cats exhibit this behavior?

I'm glad you have such a flexible wife.

:naughty2:

If it works for them? why not. Having animals on the bed something every pet owner feels strong about weather they allow them on the beds or not, IDK some dogs can get very territorial and this is where trouble can start, not sure if cats exhibit this behavior?

:naughty2:
My dogs weigh 5 lbs each, so they aren't as big of a problem as they could be. One is a Service Dog who does respiratory alert, so he likes to sleep with his head on my chest to make sure I'm breathing. The second dog is also a Service Dog. I started having seizures a year after I got the first dog, who wasn't too concerned about the seizures as long as I was breathing ok. So that's the second dog, who also likes to keep track of me. The third dog was an unexpected gift, and she doesn't understand about the first two in the bed and not being welcome. I can't very well say, " You aren't working- they're working", when they are sleeping away. Hard enough to explain why she doesn't get a snazzy red vest and get to follow me everywhere.
My three legged cat is very sweet natured, but he drools. He climbs on me, and purrs, and drools in my face. If I turn my head, he drools in my ear. It's truly awful, but he is a sweet cat, and after what Other Son did to his leg, he deserves to be happy and loved. Another cat likes to jump on me and rebound onto the window sill. I'll be sleeping away, and Boom! into the window. Boom! down from the window. You get the idea. No rest for the wicked. Or is it no rest for the weary? I've heard both.

...maybe this is weird... separate blankets- same bed... she don't hog the blanket anymore and i don't get blamed for stealing them back :razz2:

Kawai-bunnies.jpg

This was what it was like when I had house rabbits. Now it's cats and dogs. Time to sleep when I'm dead. I hope . Otherwise there is point to it.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back