Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Bikes

Riverrat

Been gone for a while... Career change & dreaded, evil, UA that never came. It's been more than a freaking F'n month since I've been high ... will change this tomorrow, I hope.

So anwhoooo, any one here into bikes ? Not motorcycles... Just Bicycles ? I'll show you mine if you show me yours ... Jeff, & I'm glad to be back !!

Last edited:
I enjoy riding, ripped a few 'centuries' last summer in my caad12 running a 105 group set, i also ride an older simpler caad8 with tiagra groupset, usually for quick commutes or on the rail trail for a quick 35 mile ride. Has been a hectic year for me work wise so havnt been riding as much, however this spring I'll be on the roads, getting itchy for some warm weather finally.

Last summer/fall I started riding (mostly off-road, fire roads and single track) a fair amount after a loooong time really, with my son cuz we got him a new Trek.. forget which model, but it was pretty cheap (still growing)... the thing is way way better than my vintage ('88?) Bridgestone MB2... like 5 lbs lighter, suspension, fancy shifters all that...ha. But it was a lot of fun riding kinda hard, humping up hills and then bombing down... the look on his face after some fast ones and then exclaiming, "That was EXHILARATING!!!" All wide-eyed and tears streaming from the wind..surprised by the feeling of being on-the-edge, almost out of control... I still rode his (then 13yo) ass under every single time out... damn straight. He ain't gonna show me up YET! (maybe this year, if not next def :idon'tknow:)

Very cool guys !
I raced mountain bikes for a bit when I was able. Had a couple shops that supported me. It was said I was fearless.

During this time I was an emotional / mental nightmare of a mess. But found release through pushing myself on a mountain bike.

Truth be told I didn't care if I got hurt & was seriously lacking in any skills.

I get time later I'll post picks of my 2 fav rides I have today.

Nice to have some other avid cycles here.

The 105 Shimano group set is hard to beat for the money.

No longer have a road bike.
Was offered stupid money for my Ti cross bike & sold it.

Fat bike & 29r is what I roll round on now. Jeff

@Jeff 29'r huh.. looked at a few of those still may pick one up, although I slapped on some new gator skins and tuned up the components, thinking of picking up a whole new aluminum frame, maybe a gravel bike, ebike idk yet so many options..
That's Awesome u competed, there's something to be said for riding while vaked, I bring a, portable with me in back jersey pocket.
I joined a group ride with a local bike shop, while it's fun and enjoy the comeraderie with the guys/gals, prefer to rip solo.

@Bologna theres something about those old school SS frames, I may build an old school one from scratch, few years ago put together a 'univega' mixte frame for the wife (of course she doesn't ride it)

Last edited:
29r has been my go to bike for sometime now. Getting older I find them to give a more comfy ride.

Rode & commuted on a cyclocross bike for bit. But since have gone back to the 29r.
My 29r a Specialized with 3 gears up front & heavy when compared to today's carbon bikes. To be honest I don't notice the weight & never much cared for a carbon framed bike when trail, commuting or just do it all is the goal in mind

My 29r will not be seen sporting any rubber smaller than 2" in size. The ride on pavement with this size tire is just sweet.

Pic of my one & only, much loved son on my Fat Bike.
He's autistic & is having some trouble figuring this new to him bike out... He is sticking with it. He's a big kid makes my bike here look small.
Hopefully this summer we'll do some longer rides & camp at the river
20210320_155321.jpg

Crackondales
:rofl:

Really nice bike
What this ol beater?? Maybe once upon a time, it fits just right at a 56, put some miles on it over the past 6 years, as you can see the bars aren't all the way down, less aggressive stance is fine on the blacktop, I'm not racing any crits here.
This is the Dutchess Rail Trail above pics, that is the Hudson River and the only bridge crossing where no cars are allowed, pretty awesome view.

@momofthegoons i had to represent the VA. With stickers, left a wake of them on public utilities, like a vandal.
:cheers::weed:

:rofl:

What this ol beater?? Maybe once upon a time, ....

@momofthegoons i had to represent the VA. With stickers, left a wake of them on public utilities, like a vandal.
:cheers::weed:

Naaah, I really love older bikes. I've an older steel framed Nishiki that I still love & ride regularly. Did my first cyclocross race on it. Needed stiches & cracked my right knee cap but still managed a sixth place finish. Knee cap didn't matter much. It was removed a few years later from it being shattered.

I did notice you had your Cannondale set up for a more upright, more comfy ride just like myself being that I'm, I think 57 or 55... I dont think on it much I dont really want to know:cool:

Last edited:
Helios, how tall are you ?
6'1"

Did my first cyclocross race on it. Needed stiches & cracked my right knee cap but still managed a sixth place finish. Knee cap didn't matter much. It was removed a few years later from it being shattered.
Ouch! U still have the other good one.

An old, now dissolved jersey company called 'Retro2ride' had very unique and vintage collections to sport on the roads, I picked up these before the company went bust, (regret not buying the full cannabis collection)
20210323_075800.jpeg

Very Cool jerseys !

Yup, still have my other knee cap. My right leg is pretty beat up. Was told at one point I would need a cane or crutches to walk. Got with a great rehab Doc & I credit her with my full recovery. She pushed me a bit & said it was my strong desire to get back on a bike that helped me.

I walk fine. Just when I run it kind a resembles something like .... a monkey getting funky with a football

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back