Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Boundless Terp Pen VI and V2

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
Puffitup has done another tear down; this time on the Boundless Terp pens.

boundless-terp-pen-v1-atomizer-teardown.jpg

Boundless Terp Pen V1

Our focus in this mini Teardown is on the insulators covering the wires in the center of the picture above. When Boundless first released the Terp Pens we knew we had to have them. They pack a huge punch, produce fantastic flavor, and are super convenient. The feedback we received was overwhelmingly positive from the start. However, after some time we started seeing comments about a strange taste and smell coming from a few of these. As it turns out, the insulators (seen in the picture above) would occasionally slide up the titanium wiring and get burnt by the heating coil which would cause a funky smell and taste. Boundless heard these comments and as always, responded quickly to get this fixed up.

boundless-terp-pen-v2-atomizer-teardown.jpg

Boundless Terp Pen V2
Introducing The Terp Pen V2! As you can see in the picture of the V2 below, the insulators have been removed from the wiring. We’ve tested the V2 out over the past couple of weeks to be sure and there’s absolutely no strange tastes or smells and the device is definitely living up to its reputation. We went ahead and pulled all of the original stock and replaced them with the Terp Pen V2s and so if you purchase one from us today you can rest assured that you won’t be risking having those insulators getting singed in that beautiful titanium body.

I am waiting for a reply from Boundless to see if they are shipping the V2 internationally and if there is a discount code as I was getting another WPA for my Tera and saw this was only US$30 and Tror's review looked good.

I am waiting for a reply from Boundless to see if they are shipping the V2 internationally and if there is a discount code as I was getting another WPA for my Tera and saw this was only US$30 and Tror's review looked good.

I need a WPA too
I gave mine away with the old tera
$30 is cheap

@Shredder I appreciate your input
I also do not wish to use rosin faster than necessary

I also do not wish to use rosin faster than necessary
Troy says it is more of a micro-doser, where the Boundless CF-710 can be used more like a dozer.

Some of my new toys are starting to arrive, today it was the Boundless Terp Pen,
IMG_20190902_141744.jpg

First impression was it looks and feels quite classy, nice weight and the polished S/S looks swish but will suffer badly from scratching (maybe I should have gone the black armor route) but will clean up easily.
I charged it took off the outer shell and puffed on it to engage the coils to burn off any residue, it was stinky for the first couple of dabs (Boundless trait?) but after that it is fine.
I do have to clean the coil after each dab or I taste burnt popcorn from the rosin leftovers from the previous dab. So 1 charge managed to do a few burn-offs, work out a couple of different ways to use it and was quite hammered for my trouble (only pot consumption for the day was with the pen)
I went to burn it off ready for next use as I was too medicated and it was flat battery signal. It took about an hour to recharge.
I got the recharged pen clean (dipped the coil end in iso and stirred it a little, fan dried for a minute then burned it off) then loaded it with some nice clear bubble hash rosin by puffing for a couple of seconds to activate and warm the coils then wipe a dab off my dab tool. The magnetic cap snaps on to keep it all clean in your pocket ready for showtime.
I showed my wife the pen with the magnetic cover on and she said it felt weighty then proceeded to pull on it for about 5 or six seconds and looked at me funny as she exhaled a big puff of blue vapor...she never indulges in the devils lettuce, she had a puff of a pipe in the early 90's but that was it, all she said was "that tasted nice" with wide eyes and a giggle, no cough, what a champ, but she is back on the wagon now.
So if you show anyone the pen, warn them it is inhale activated and the magnetic coil cover has ports so you can vape without removing the cap!
I find it hard to believe they are US$25 as I write.

All this and a 3-year warranty...too nice!

Some of my new toys are starting to arrive, today it was the Boundless Terp Pen,
View attachment 12727
First impression was it looks and feels quite classy, nice weight and the polished S/S looks swish but will suffer badly from scratching (maybe I should have gone the black armor route) but will clean up easily.
I charged it took off the outer shell and puffed on it to engage the coils to burn off any residue, it was stinky for the first couple of dabs (Boundless trait?) but after that it is fine.
I do have to clean the coil after each dab or I taste burnt popcorn from the rosin leftovers from the previous dab. So 1 charge managed to do a few burn-offs, work out a couple of different ways to use it and was quite hammered for my trouble (only pot consumption for the day was with the pen)
I went to burn it off ready for next use as I was too medicated and it was flat battery signal. It took about an hour to recharge.
I got the recharged pen clean (dipped the coil end in iso and stirred it a little, fan dried for a minute then burned it off) then loaded it with some nice clear bubble hash rosin by puffing for a couple of seconds to activate and warm the coils then wipe a dab off my dab tool. The magnetic cap snaps on to keep it all clean in your pocket ready for showtime.
I showed my wife the pen with the magnetic cover on and she said it felt weighty then proceeded to pull on it for about 5 or six seconds and looked at me funny as she exhaled a big puff of blue vapor...she never indulges in the devils lettuce, she had a puff of a pipe in the early 90's but that was it, all she said was "that tasted nice" with wide eyes and a giggle, no cough, what a champ, but she is back on the wagon now.
So if you show anyone the pen, warn them it is inhale activated and the magnetic coil cover has ports so you can vape without removing the cap!
I find it hard to believe they are US$25 as I write.

All this and a 3-year warranty...too nice!
I looked at Troy video of these
I almost went there except for the reload when out issue
It doesn't take a lot it didn't look like
It would be nice to have a load for the outing or be able to reload a bit easier

It definitely seemed good for the price though

I'm scouting for a trate portable

For out and about with the terp pen,
1567423235832.png

I am looking at one of these

New updated Terp Pen Review,

I'm yet to make a portable trate choice
But this is on my radar
Not sure about having it as an only portable as the battery is small(still big enough to outlast me...just!) and let's just say I am not a micro doser!

I will say it is great for cleaning up after pressing, that big flat collection chisel is a great spot to dab from, the nice thin film of oil is perfect for a sesh spot. I am not getting the reclaim taste as much with the latest lot of low temp rosin, which is nice!
IMG_20190906_172838.jpg

Beats the fuck out of using iso to clean up!

New updated Terp Pen Review,

Thanks Troy, nice informative and entertaining review and I appreciate the shots of the coils, old and new.

Took the Trp Pen for a trip into the rainforest today, lots of places for a photo op,
IMG_20191019_123859.jpg

Got a replacement WPA for the tera and decided to grab a terp pen and two spate coils to go with the shipping

Nice unit
It certainly doesn't taste near the same as a banger or halo
Even the edge and mighty can be better taste with rosin
But it is a really nice unit, super strong hit off a small amount of rosin (creeper)
Easy to use and small footprint
For $35 USD and a 3 year warranty I'm pretty happy with this

For quick easy hard hits it's a winner
Impressive unit

Not so good for public use but great for portable small unit with super quick and easy use

Not sure how long the battery lasts

Hits hard if I didn't mention
20191023_000020.jpg
20191023_000005.jpg

The taste gets better as the coil 'ages', for best results I recommend dipping after each puff to have it loaded for next time and try not to puff it dry.
The Nogoo shell container pairs well with it...the only decent thing I got in my Ozbong order!

Plus it feels like a heavy 3 paper to hold and can make vapor that is as thick as smoke too.

Found a clip on an old AAA led light that fits nice and a magnetic charge point is also handy for at home,

IMG_20191023_134419.jpg

Put a drop of feco on the cold coil
Nice smooth sesh and it lasted much longer than the rosin sesh
Quite a few good draws
Good with the draw detection for having a puff and then waiting while watching tele and having another puff at leisure

I like this pen for the price

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back