Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Accessories Brilliant Cut Grinder

Hi all! Been awhile, but since I have both a Lift and a Brilliant Cut I thought I’d give some feedback now that I’ve had the for a little bit.

Hands down I prefer the Lift and for one small, simple reason. The catch. On the Lift it’s a mix of magnet and outerlock. The catch reservoir is unobstructed. Loading a vapcap or a stem is easy.

Now on the Brilliant, while being a great grinder/buster it has a “pillar” dead center of the catch reservoir. This pillar is the support for the magnet. It’s also in the damn way. It makes it impossible to use the wall when scooping and packing.

If the Lift is a 5, the Brilliant would be a 4.5.

I love my BCG, but I totally agree the magnet does get in the way. I always transfer my ground herb to a Jyarz container, so I only have to contend with the magnet once a week or so - but it’s definitely the one annoyance I have with it. ( I also switched from measuring spoons to the Pax scoop by NewVape because it isn’t attracted to the magnet, unlike the spoons.)

The issues with flaking on the BCG is a concern though
Is this still happening with new units out there? Or was this sort of an isolated 'batch' that this happened to? Was it ever determined?

Mine is still looking perfect. I have no flaking at all. Not even worn areas on the teeth. And I've been known to chronically overload my grinders.

Is this still happening with new units out there? Or was this sort of an isolated 'batch' that this happened to? Was it ever determined?

Mine is still looking perfect. I have no flaking at all. Not even worn areas on the teeth. And I've been known to chronically overload my grinders.
I don't know how many have been affected
I've just read things on here and seen some pics

I don't know if it is actually flaking, more like metal on metal wear, I have only seen the 1 picture for sure and maybe a second (could be the first problem reposted elsewhere)
I know there was no reply to the problem post except a fanboy ripping shreds off me and going on about anodizing not flaking (no shit sherlock), not worrying at all about the chunk of metal that was missing in the photo where the anodizing was gone from.
I just gave up and shut up, no sales generated by me talking about such things, I think I might have got a Mod warning for my efforts to boot.

I don't know if it is actually flaking, more like metal on metal wear, I have only seen the 1 picture for sure and maybe a second (could be the first problem reposted elsewhere)
I know there was no reply to the problem post except a fanboy ripping shreds off me and going on about anodizing not flaking (no shit sherlock), not worrying at all about the chunk of metal that was missing in the photo where the anodizing was gone from.
I just gave up and shut up, no sales generated by me talking about such things, I think I might have got a Mod warning for my efforts to boot.
Wow
How shit is that getting warnings and shit for asking about quality
I thought that's what the forums were meant to be about
Ffs

Yea I got put on to it from you first
I realised it wasn't flaking paint but metal on metal scraping
Which is just as bad/worse

Shocking people don't want to discuss and just attack you
Hurts the whole community not just one

How shit is that getting warnings and shit for asking about quality
I happen to agree. It's one thing to take it to bashing or being disrespectful of a company... and that wont be tolerated here either. But to simply put a safety or quality question to the forum and manufacturer... that should absolutely be allowed. It's just keeping the community informed and the manufacturers accountable.

I've never shied away from safety issues... and it's made me a little unpopular with a few manufacturers. But... membership has always been my focus. And their safety.

I will say that Brilliant Cut doesn't seem to have much of a presence on any of the forums. So expecting an answer from them might be expecting too much.

I have only seen one post w pics of this so take it for what it’s worth.

Mine doesn’t show any such wear either.

My BCG purchased during the 4/20 sale is starting to show similar wear on my medium plate (most used). I noticed immediately that tighter buds will cause the grinder to click or knock when grinding. I can't see any wear on the lid, so I assume it's from rubbing against the magnet.
20191011_090151.jpg

My BCG arrived finally that I bought during black friday sales

So far it's great and what people like about it

I have a fine grind plate

Easy to use and smooth as with a big fill stuffed in
A little harder to start than my free $30 shred grinder from HR, this is due to the smooth outside where the shred has a shaped edge to grab
Once started though very easy to turn and grind

Clean inside after one grind
Nice fine mull

My only wish would be if it was slightly wider - I was looking at the wide body space case type before and would have liked that
But happy with this and it does a decent amount in one go
Better for portability I guess

Will see how it gunks up and differs at all to the shred with more use
Hopefully I don't get the flake/chip type issues some people have had

So far a nice looking and feeling piece with an easy and smooth function that grinds to a nice consistency

20200130_165433.jpg
20200130_165336.jpg
20200130_165458.jpg
20200130_165503.jpg
20200130_165538.jpg
20200130_165541.jpg

@felvapes that is gorgeous looking. Damn those have been on my radar, maybe I’ll catch a nice 420 sale or Black Friday.
It's the most expensive grinder I've ever owned
I still waited for a sale
I could have got a large space grinder for $60 USD from dabnation or this for I think it was $70 on sale black friday from BCG
Took about a month for them to make it

But yes I am pretty happy with it
A really nice finish and action
Feels great in the hand and looks schmick

If I don't get chips or flakes I'm a happy camper :)

I love the no threads design a lot too

Last edited:
My BCG arrived finally that I bought during black friday sales

So far it's great and what people like about it

I have a fine grind plate

Easy to use and smooth as with a big fill stuffed in
A little harder to start than my free $30 shred grinder from HR, this is due to the smooth outside where the shred has a shaped edge to grab
Once started though very easy to turn and grind

Clean inside after one grind
Nice fine mull

My only wish would be if it was slightly wider - I was looking at the wide body space case type before and would have liked that
But happy with this and it does a decent amount in one go
Better for portability I guess

Will see how it gunks up and differs at all to the shred with more use
Hopefully I don't get the flake/chip type issues some people have had

So far a nice looking and feeling piece with an easy and smooth function that grinds to a nice consistency

View attachment 15905View attachment 15906View attachment 15907View attachment 15908View attachment 15909View attachment 15910
That is so beautiful, @felvapes. I came this close to having one just like it.
Saving my pennies and drooling over color options for now. I will vicariously enjoy yours for now.

I am waiting patiently for them to release the larger model they have hinted about...teasers!

By far my favorite grinder. Not that I've 'owned them all'. But of the grinders I've tried, this grinder suits me best. Easy twist, stays clean for a long time, interchangeable parts. And the size is good for me.

I haven't had to clean mine since I got it months ago. But it's started collecting resin on the blades. So that might be a good weekend project. Let's see what it looks like all spanky clean. And see if there's any wear and tear.

Thanks for the tip... unfortunately I don't know that my USC will be big enough... or more pointedly if I have a container that would fit the BCG that would fit in the USC that I own....:lol:

Sigh.. I really should buy a bigger one. Or a designated one.... Ultrasonic cleaner that is....

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back