Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Accessories Brilliant Cut Grinder

Anyone tried a hot milk bath...for your grinder in a UC!

Thanks for the tip... unfortunately I don't know that my USC will be big enough... or more pointedly if I have a container that would fit the BCG that would fit in the USC that I own....:lol:

Sigh.. I really should buy a bigger one. Or a designated one.... Ultrasonic cleaner that is....
I love my us cleaner
I do recommend a larger unit for your glass and other things

I was part of the first batch and I am still really happy with it. I haven’t noticed any chipping whatsoever.

I do need to give it a good brushing after grinding several nugs. But that seems reasonable to me.
I just recently cleaned it in my (newly acquired) UC - came out squeaky clean with a 4 minute ISO run.

The only thing I regret is the color I chose for the coarse plate (rose gold... I don’t even like rose gold...why did I do that?) Oh well, not a big deal - I usually use medium or fine anyway.

After 8 or 9 months of daily use, I cleaned the BCG up (sorry about the cotton fibers) to inspect the teeth. There's a few corners without finish. The underside where the grind plate meets the annoying center post magnet also shows similar wear.
bcg-cleaned-sm-2.jpg

After 8 or 9 months of daily use, I cleaned the BCG up (sorry about the cotton fibers) to inspect the teeth. There's a few corners without finish. The underside where the grind plate meets the annoying center post magnet also shows similar wear.
Interesting.... I've noticed that the only pics posted here are the same color grinder... is this one that @LesPlenty posted yours bizwaxion? If not they're still both the same color and might be a batch issue. Have any other color plates had this issue?

I finally got around to cleaning mine this morning; after seeing your post. It needs to be rinsed... but there is no wear of any sort. And I received mine last April so it's been in use for 10 months. Granted... it may not have seen as much use as bizwaxion's since I primarily dab. But I'm not careful with it and it does get used many times during a week.

IMG_6545.JPG
IMG_6547.JPG

The only time the center post magnet bugs me is when I'm brushing it out. My brush has a metal handle and... well... but other than that it's still my favorite grinder.

Interesting.... I've noticed that the only pics posted here are the same color grinder... is this one that @LesPlenty posted yours bizwaxion? If not they're still both the same color and might be a batch issue. Have any other color plates had this issue?

I finally got around to cleaning mine this morning; after seeing your post. It needs to be rinsed... but there is no wear of any sort. And I received mine last April so it's been in use for 10 months. Granted... it may not have seen as much use as bizwaxion's since I primarily dab. But I'm not careful with it and it does get used many times during a week.

View attachment 16378View attachment 16379

The only time the center post magnet bugs me is when I'm brushing it out. My brush has a metal handle and... well... but other than that it's still my favorite grinder.
I don't think that's mine - both pics I've posted have been in this thread, but my lid shows the same marks. Wow, I'm surprised at how little wear your shows - I think I'll email GFL and see what they have to say. Luckily, the newvape loading tool is titanium or that center post might be a deal killer.

View attachment 16373

View attachment 16378View attachment 16379

I checked mine last night....not with a magnifying loop but still.....and I do not see any wear. I do not see where that center post would come in contact with any other metal surfaces.

Dunno....and I personally am not one to worry about such things of this magnitude.

Cheers

I guess I haven't had mine long enough to know
So far though I have no issues

It definitely IS a concern imo as who wants to possibly inhale any contaminats that could possibly be harmful
I also purchase a product and expect it to be of quality construction and materials and not slowly break down

I hope mine stays good as @momofthegoons et al
I have a black and a gold/yellow plate
Not sure if the colour is the issue as pointed out by motg

I can see how this is happening though
The lid is able to slide from side to side or edge to edge

The cutting "bars" on the lid circle the middle pole and cutting bit on top
This is part of what makes the unit work so well

But - it would be possible to have these edges on the lid scrape the middle cutting pole and grind against each other if the lid was too the far edge when turning
This would scrape and chip away at the "bars" and middle cutting pole
Which is where the bare edges in pics are located

So I can see the mechanics of how this has happened
I have not yet had the issue and I try to keep my lid and plates centred during use
I also don't notice too much crunching going on in use

I use it pretty much daily and I just whack big full buds in the unit and chuck the lid on pressing down and have at it as the grind is so easy and smooth to do

It's possible there was a bad batch that just are out by a ml and hit parts together more
Or possibly they all have the potential to do so, I can see it being possible to do with mine if I tried to achieve this

Without trying though so far no crunchy grinds or chipping

Will definitely keep an eye on this though and report back at some stage with updates
So far still my absolute favourite grinder

I’m not sure this proves anything but... awhile back I microwaved about half an ounce of AVB that was exclusively grinded (ground?) by the BCG.
There were no sparks, smoke or any other sign that metal was being cooked.
I personally take this as proof there is no metal being shaved off into the herb.

I’m not sure this proves anything but... awhile back I microwaved about half an ounce of AVB that was exclusively grinded (ground?) by the BCG.
There were no sparks, smoke or any other sign that metal was being cooked.
I personally take this as proof there is no metal being shaved off into the herb.
Do you have the exposed shiny edges from grinding as some pictures have shown?

@bizwaxzion - Since you have one that is wearing, would you be willing to try out the microwave test with a bunch of ABV? No worries if you don’t want to, just thought I’d ask.

Got my onyx BCG a few days ago and I'm really happy with it.

The handling is just amazing, I didn't know grinding can be so buttery smooth. I wonder why that is, because the teeth of the BCG are actually not that sharp compared to my old grinder (Gleichdick 2 piece, also highly recommended btw), but it shreds even the densest buds with ease. Totally beyond what I expected.

Huge part of the fun of using the BCG are the magnets – they are strong, whoa! It's so nice to be able to mate all pieces by simply hovering them over each other („ka-chluck!”).

I also enjoy the grinding results quite a bit. I actually tend to a bit of a finer grind than what the medium plate gives me, but the BCG grind has grown on me and I've been using it exclusively since I got it. I might get the fine plate as well at some point, but that's not urgent at all. The BCG makes a superconsistent grind and that's what I'm looking for primarily, plus having a not so superfine grind upgrades the flavor quite a bit I think.

So overall I'm really happy, it feels luxurious (having no branding is a huge plus for me), it works extremely well and I'm sure I will have a lot of fun with it. And while I paid a bit more than retail because I ordered it from a European reseller (which let me skip the usual waiting time), I think the actual retail price for the BCG is quite fair.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back