Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Accessories Brilliant Cut Grinder

I went with the medium grind plate since that's what I see recommended most often. It gives a very consistent medium fine grind IMO. If I want finer I'll grind upside down. If I want coarse I'll use scissors and a shot glass, which is still how my wife usually grinds for herself. I'm not a fan of extra 'stuff' sitting in drawers unused so multiple plates do not interest me.

How about a couple pictures? :smile:

Tear my flowers into chunks, loose pack but pretty full.

bcg1.jpg

Line up the lid, slight twisting motion, similar to screwing the lid on a mason jar, as I press the top down to start grinding.

bcg2.jpg

A few twists later.

bcg3.jpg

And the results.

bcg4.jpg

looks good and really enjoy your silver choice,
Never picked up all three plates, medium plate works like a charm pretty much with all vapes used here.
if anyone can chime in regarding the finer plates or courser, how often are you using them interchangeably?
the DV Debowler in the cart for a week now and hasnt been clicked to ship yet, looks useful.

Never picked up all three plates, medium plate works like a charm pretty much with all vapes used here.
if anyone can chime in regarding the finer plates or courser, how often are you using them interchangeably?
the DV Debowler in the cart for a week now and hasnt been clicked to ship yet, looks useful.
I only have the fine plate so I can't make a comparison
But I do like the grind
I used to chop fine even when smoking
For the vapes I use I find the fine plate pretty perfect for my tastes and function
It is a nice fluffy uniform grind

Is this stainless steel tho? I have no interest in aluminum grinders.

BCG says,
Made of High Strength 7075 Aluminum. We use aerospace 7075 aluminium, which is one of the strongest aluminium alloys ever created. Our competitors, on the other hand, use the softer 6061 aluminium alloy, which is prone to bending and denting.

This Bubba Kush is so hashy and sticky
It's the only bud I've managed to gunk up my BCG with
It has been completely maintenance free until now
This pic is after a scrape clean with a dab tool
Never had to clean the BCG once before with any bud

IMG20220127183413.jpg

I only use the coarse plate for my vapes. TM and VC. They both work well with the coarse grind. The debowler is a great addition. It works with both vapes.

Grinders for Life is having a sale if anyone is interested in buying one. They're giving 15% off units with code SUMMEREND22. They are also offering factory seconds that are 20% off the regular price and you can add the discount offer to that as well.

I thought I had read somewhere that they were changing up the design and making the bottom flat. But for the life of me I can't find where I read it.... so... ????

gfl stainless steel version grinder, matte or polished,
1666231769171.png

1666231785489.png

Specifications:​

• Diameter: 2.2 inches / 55.9 millimeters
  • Height: 1.69 inches / 42.8 millimeters
  • Weight: 10.75 ounces / 305 grams
  • Material: 304 Stainless Steel
What a waste of time...304 S/S:mental::shakehead: may as well get aluminium, definately not an upgrade.

BCG has a BF Sale, 15% off code...BLACKFRIDAY2022
Even factory seconds are on the cheap

Just found my receipt for my LBCG, purchased on Feb 8, 2021, for US$120.09 delivered to Australia (shipping was US$30!). So almost 2 years of heavy use with no more than brushing out the bottom storage tray...that is the type of maintenance schedule I like.
Almost needs a cleaning though as it is not as smooth as it was once.:cheers:

Last edited:
Here's mine after another week's use no cleaning
Still grinds but continues to steal trichs and get more build up
The washer/slide groove is completely gummed now - this is where it starts to climb the wall and clog without qtip maintenance

As it stands it is still better and needs less deep cleaning than any other grinder I had used (until the OMD)
But is certainly not self cleaning or maintenance free
I have been using different buds too - quality but not the super sticky stuff I had as we can't get that one particular strain in ausland now

And I have lots of silver bits showing after 3ish years of use
I've only ever deep cleaned it two or three times - but was qtipping the sides after each grind to prevent the build up in pics
These pics are a couple weeks of use with no maintenance after a deep clean to new
IMG20230104182025.jpg
IMG20230104182032.jpg
IMG20230104182038.jpg
IMG20230104182043.jpg
IMG20230104182053.jpg

Last edited:
The Large BCG has one advantage over some new-comers, it can devour a larger bud without me having to break it down to fit in the grinder,
1634908314793.jpg

Are they worth $250?
For what it's worth; the BCG is still my favorite grinder.

If you don't want to spend $250 and want just the fine plate (which you mentioned looking for in the Old Mate thread), you might consider one of their 'seconds.' I purchased a second as a back up and couldn't find the blemish. Just my experience. But you can get a large for $88.

For what it's worth; the BCG is still my favorite grinder.

If you don't want to spend $250 and want just the fine plate (which you mentioned looking for in the Old Mate thread), you might consider one of their 'seconds.' I purchased a second as a back up and couldn't find the blemish. Just my experience. But you can get a large for $88.

Thanks
My Shredder has been going for eight years and showing signs of wear
Have a Darth Vader fine grinder but I'm sure it's a novelty and not for actual grinding
I was hoping the old mate would have fine plate

Really want the stainless steel

This is still my grinder of choice.
Yep, the cutter teeth seem better placed for an easier start than most grinders available and make the BCG the go-to grinder for me also due to my crappy grip with Carpel Tunnel hands:twocents:.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back