Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
I have the chewy as well and mine seems to take a while to grind up a nugget
Think of it this way.....
Meds getting ground painlessly...
About to medicate....
There is no hurry, when the Chewy 2 is about to deliver fluffed meds.

Last edited:
I beat up my SCS over time and had to replace it. after weighing and debating between the SLX 2.0 vs SWII vs Gr8ter.
ThenI got a large SLX 2.0 and I like it already. Easy to turn, I can hear the tray inside spin a little. Which threw me at first.

I can almost spin the top with out bearingdown to have it grind.
Fluffier herbs than my SCS, which tended to get gummed up easily.

Going to try to get in the habit of brushing everything left in the top into the chamber.

Got it from Puffitup for 20% off. Puffitup is now my grinder goto. Although I agree with @Stevenski that a grinder should be a long term investment.

I love my SLX grinder. The company that makes them is a good company too. I bought mine off of Amazon about a year and a half ago. The inside started to show some of the outer coating was wearing off after the first month.

I notified the company and they said they had a bad batch and would replace it. A week later I got a new part to replace the other one. I had sent them a picture originally with my email to show the problem.
I haven’t had any other problems.
This thing will grind up my stickiest bud out there - like the Gorilla Glue.:verdamper:

I nearly purchased a new grinder the other day but thought better of it. It was going to be another SLX & with my two year old one still working perfectly. The grinding chamber is still flawless & the only scratches/wear is on the usual friction points where the upper meets the lower. FWIW this grinder has worked hard over the last couple of years & I have absolutely no complaints with the SLX quality or performance.

I took a look at my grinders yesterday and I seriously need to clean them lol.... I'm not good about the upkeep and never brush them out. So they tend to get quite a bit of buildup. Sunday is always a good day to do my glass cleaning, etc., so I think I'll throw them in some ISO as well.

I nearly purchased a new grinder the other day
I've been thinking along the same lines; although my grinders all work well too. But I've always pretty much stuck with Space Case (although I do have the Super Weapon II from @InterplanetaryTanner and love it) and am thinking of branching out and trying something new. Not sure what though.... I see a lot of good buzz about the SLX .....

I notified the company and they said they had a bad batch and would replace it.
Heard about people getting bad batches and wasn't sure if it was a one-off or something that could be a problem with affixing ceramic to metal.

I have seen old type of kitchenware that has a similar enamel glaze to it. And how that might get worn over time. Puffitup is an Authorized dealer and Randy gave me 20% off. So worst case, I figure that I got that problem covered. Glad to hear that SLX is a good company and helped you out directly.
It is easy to turn and I'm resisting the urge to grind EVERYTHING at once. :lol:
The grinding chamber is still flawless & the only scratches/wear is on the usual friction points where the upper meets the lower. FWIW this grinder has worked hard over the last couple of years & I have absolutely no complaints with the SLX quality or performance.
Part of my decision was that you already owned one and had no troubles. I want the cautious route and waited for them to be around for a while. A few more productions runs might mean better methods of curing the glaze, etc.

There is very little of the finer particle breaking off when I grinding (and smearing). I've gotten in the habit of brushing everything into the chamber area. It is more of a puller than a grinder. The materials vape even better than my SCS which is slightly finer grind.
I like the removable tray and how it is recessed enough for me to scoop underneath the materials. You can be really delicate with what you grind with this from grind to filling your vape, ELB, vapcap. This is the choice for neat freaks as well. Don't think I'll have to ISO for a while if I can keep in habit of brushing my teeth. :biggrin: Really happy with my SLX .

@Stevenski The SLX I have might be the perfect compromise between fluffy and fine. It might fair better in a finishing grinder if you wanted to go finer. Another angle is to count the holes and teeth and size of the wheel. SCS were known for changing with these variables and buying an SCS 1 year later might be essentially buying a different grinder. If you think of it in that manner. So perhaps a smaller/larger SLX than what you have might be enough of a difference? I'm almost convince you should go with a larger version of any make of grinder. FTM.

I've been thinking along the same lines; although my grinders all work well too. But I've always pretty much stuck with Space Case (although I do have the Super Weapon II from @InterplanetaryTanner and love it) and am thinking of branching out and trying something new. Not sure what though.... I see a lot of good buzz about the SLX .....
I have a SCS and almost went with the SWII as one of my choices. The SCS got worn down and clogged and would cause it to seize up or chip teeth trying to correct it. SWII has a lot of options for grind and mesh. That kind of feature normally appeals to me. But I wanted to eliminate all the old probs that my SCS had.
My SCS might grind a little smaller, but the SLX tends to pull apart more than 'grind' and what drops down is fluffy stack. Very little break off of the finer bits.

I took a look at my grinders yesterday and I seriously need to clean them lol.... I'm not good about the upkeep and never brush them out. So they tend to get quite a bit of buildup. Sunday is always a good day to do my glass cleaning, etc., so I think I'll throw them in some ISO as well.

I brush my SLX out periodically & always end up with around a full load of dust to wreck me some. That is one of the biggest appeals of the SLX coating, it really needs no more than a brush & maybe annual Iso clean.

I see a lot of good buzz about the SLX .....

Buy one. You will have no regrets except for taking so long to buy one.

Part of my decision was that you already owned one and had no troubles. I want the cautious route and waited for them to be around for a while. A few more productions runs might mean better methods of curing the glaze, etc.

Pretty sure I was the first on the forums to get a 2.0. That is probably my best single vape related purchase & it has been flawless for my usage.

So perhaps a smaller/larger SLX than what you have
might be enough of a difference? I'm almost convince you should go with a larger version of any make of grinder. FTM.

I already have the large one but I have been eyeing off a Gleichdick grinder. Looks about perfect with nice teeth & perfectly sized holes for vaping. I also like the rotary look. The only issue is the price for a punt as it will cost me a lot more than a SLX to get one.

https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/Gleichdick-Screengrinder-four-part

products-en-gleichdick-screengrinder-four-part~2.jpg

No threads. Semi-portable? Small grind area. Heres a few more conventional choices. SCS VOGUE 3 PIECE SPRAY CAN SHREDDER. New Vape Armband.

I brush my SLX out periodically & always end up with around a full load of dust to wreck me some
Like this? :biggrin:

IMG_3716.jpg

I have been eyeing off a Gleichdick grinder
I like the shape of that grinder. And I can imagine it might make it easier to twist when you have a sticky bud in there.

Heres a few more conventional choices. SCS VOGUE 3 PIECE SPRAY CAN SHREDDER. New Vape Armband.
Not too fond of the looks of the Vogue 3 pc. spray can.... but I do like the idea of the New Vape Armband's silicone ring for traction. I have arthritis in my hands so that extra 'grip' would be nice.

No threads. Semi-portable? Small grind area. Heres a few more conventional choices. SCS VOGUE 3 PIECE SPRAY CAN SHREDDER. New Vape Armband.

The SCS spray can does less than nothing for me & IMO would be a huge step backwards from the SLX. The grind holes are massive as well. As for the NV I really like the look of it. I was very close to getting the OG one when I got the SLX. I don't need a new grinder so I am happy to bide my time.

Like this? :biggrin:

Yes, just not quite that much. Do you use that 4 piece as a 3 piece? I like using my SLX that way. Either way you can have a few fat bowls & a clean grinder is a smooth grinder :smile:.

I like the shape of that grinder. And I can imagine it might make it easier to twist when you have a sticky bud in there.

The grinder shape would give a lot more leverage to users & the teeth look spot on to me. The holes look perfectly sized for vaping too. I have added a couple of silicone bands to my SLX for shits n' giggles & they offer a lot more leverage.

....I like to use only two piece grinders.

That's me also. I'd have to vape more often if I diverted some of the kief each time I used a grinder. If I lived elsewhere without access to professionally processed concentrates, a kief catcher might be a necessity.

For me, "grind quality" has little to do with manufacturer, or tooth design or other technical detail, and has everything to do with do with how the flowers were dried, cured, and stored.

For example, I prefer flowers that were never over-dried below 60% RH and then cured and stored at cool room temperature and constant 62% relative humidity. Soft, pliable material like this is almost impossible to over-grind into a pulverized dusty green powder.

I'd be interested to hear what others think about the relationship between bud storage and grinder output.

My favorite 2 piece grinder
is my medium size double thick Mendocino Mulcher, as it's a lot grippier than the small Space Case one I keep in my travel kit. I grind no more than about 0.25 grams at a time. I might be overzealous, but I think that ground flowers lose a huge amount of aroma/terpenes in very short time periods,

I'm not picky though, and can always get satisfactory results with any grinder I were to use.

For example, I prefer flowers that were never over-dried below 60% RH and then cured and stored at cool room temperature and constant 62% relative humidity. Soft, pliable material like this is almost impossible to over-grind into a pulverized dusty green powder.

I'd be interested to hear what others think about the relationship between bud storage and grinder output.

I agree completely. My state's MMJ program is only three months old and the first flower shipped to dispensaries was bone dry (I feel certain that they freeze dried it to get it out quickly). No matter what you put it in, it turned to dust.

Its getting better, but I still put flower I'm buying into mason jars with Boveda 62% packs to rehydrate them.

I also find its a bit strain dependent. For some reason, Blue Dream seems to grind finer (more dusty) in my experience than some other strains (certainly compared to GG#4 and similar real sticky stuff). But that's only based on what I have been able to purchase in the past and it may well have been due to treatment of the herb and not strain.

I use my NV fine grinder for everything. If the flower is still pliable (as it should, IMO), then its just a matter of how many times I turn the grinder. If its drier, then very little turning, more pliable and sticky, bit more.

Cheers

Finally picked up a New Vape fine grinder. I wanted the anodised version & added a couple of glow in the dark bands for grip. TIme will tell but I am really liking the heft as that extra weight suits the grinder.

15GqleWl.jpg

I have a slx that ive been happy with, and just cleaned it for the first time in about two years, lol. (it's like new again) I like the slx grind for my vapes.

For single buds I use a freebie from puff it up, a small trees grinder. And I have a couple plastic s and b grinders that I used for many many years, and for heavy loads I use a small electric coffee grinder to bust up buds and then finish in my slx. About once a year I clean the coffee grinder.

I used to have lots of ground herb around, but now days I only grind enough for a few days at a time to keep it fresher. I keep ground herb in some small glass spice jars, or stash tubes from dynavap.

Finally picked up a New Vape fine grinder. I wanted the anodised version & added a couple of glow in the dark bands for grip. TIme will tell but I am really liking the heft as that extra weight suits the grinder.
Well, I had my eye on that one if I went with the SLX instead of some multi grind option. And I have glow in the dark wristbands if I go for the New Vape on say 4/20. Let me know how it does for you. Guessing it fits the bill.

I did indeed go to Puffitup and asked for a code and got a Large green SLX. It works great. Was what I hoped. But particles do remain. Perhaps even by static charge. But not anything resembling my other grinders. Did get some nylon brushes to brush everything into the tray area. No fuss involved.

After a month of using the New Vape 2 piece the best endorsement I can give is I have not used my SLX in a month. That is a big endorsement as I love my SLX. Grind is on par with the SLX & does not seem to get dirty easily. I can see this lasting for years without issue. For anyone on the fence I say go for it.

Don't worry about brushing your SLX @Cuckfumbustion. The best thing to do is give the top two sections a good brush out once a week or fortnight on some paper. You will get a few topped off super bowls from it. That is always a good result :thumbsup:.

After a month of using the New Vape 2 piece the best endorsement I can give is I have not used my SLX in a month.
Same here.... it turns pretty readily!
I gave my Chewy 2 to a man with crippling arthritis, and all finger joints fused together.
I started missing it, because of the pain free operation, and also the New Vape 2 piece is a very fine grind... sometimes a guy likes it fluffy!
I got another Chewy 2 to add back into the arsenal.
Here is a good video review by @paytonpenn

Here is a brief vid of me using it:

Last edited:
The Diamond Cut Grinder

Disclaimer: I found this company on InstaGram a while ago and thought the grinder was very innovative. It has not been seen by anyone on FC, so I took the initiative to contact the manufacturer about the grinder. We chatted on IG and I shared my thoughts on available grinders and what I thought was missing from grinders.
The grinders were provided free of charge and a review with pictures was the price! And to keep using them and see how they fair with a lot of grinding.
Okay, now that is out of the way we can talk about the Diamond Cut Grinder!!!

This is a fairly new company from British Columbia and they are just entering the grinder game!
To start with, they will be offering two different types of grinders, both 3 piece:
A medium grind and a fine grind.
A 4 piece is in the works as well due to the fact that some people love collecting kief.

Materials used are:
7075 T651 Aluminum
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7075_aluminium_alloy
This is an expensive AL alloy that has strength comparable to many steels.
Mostly used in the aircraft industry.

From the outside both grinders are identical, they both have 3 parts and the top and bottom of the grinders have a very nice milled pattern. There is no Knurling around the outside but I do not find that they require this.
Their action is extremely smooth and I have had no issues with grinding any type of bud.
The grinder utilizes 3 different styles of teeth!! Never sen this variety in one grinder!
4 sided teeth, 5 sided and 6 sided teeth!
There is even a very sharp cutting tooth located in the middle, so even if you get some herb where the magnet is, it will slice it up without any issue!

I have owned the two grinders for just over a week and they have taken the place of my all time favorite grinder, the KannaStor Vape GR8TR.
The holes are big enough for all the material to fall through without blocking them and the grind is still fine enough for my liking. It is somewhere between the New Vape Fine Grinder and the Vape GR8TR.

The grinders weigh in at around 150 to 155g and look a lot heavier than they actually are.
The top part has a lot of weight to it, the middle section is feather light and the bottom section is slightly heavier than the middle part. The lower herb chamber is beautifully milled with a rounded bottom for easy emptying.

the locking mechanism is very unique and I have never seen it used on a grinder before. It reminds me of how some blenders connect for a secure high torque coupling!

Loading the grinder requires the bud to be broken into smaller bits to fit between the teeth.
The lid slides into the herb with ease and grinding is very easy. You can easily tell when you are done when all the friction disappears!
You can use the old trick of grinding upside down for a finer grind on both grinders as well.
The grind is nice and fluffy and does not stick together as my GR8TR grind does.
This also means better airflow through the load and less restriction from the herb compacting during an inhale.

So far I have had no issues at all when using this grinder. It has ground any type of herb that I have on hand, rock hard nugs to softer, sticky nugs all ground with ease.

The Beautiful 3 piece Diamond Cut Grinders!
2s6r49u.jpg

Opening the grinders for the first time. Fine grind on the left, medium on the right.
Look at those teeth!!! Note center pin tooth as well.
2rms36x.jpg

In all their glory! Note the fantastic finish, bevels on the bottom of the middle plates holes and the unique locking mechanism!
347e8av.jpg

Close up of the different tooth designs. The spacer ring is also visible and it provides a silky smooth grind.
mi2iaf.jpg

Close up of the amazingly light center section. The teeth are designed to cut everywhere! Around the center post, where the magnet is and even around the sides of the grinder!
2z8u6h2.jpg

The underside of the middle section is another work of art! 3 solid pins lock onto the bottom section can be seen. The bevels aid in the herb falling straight through. Very nice engraving and amazing surface finish!
347thl4.jpg

The lower section with rounded sides and the other part of the locking mechanism. Extremely easy to engage and does not move at all during grinding.
rby2s1.jpg

And now for some usage shots! I do not grind a lot at a time, so this is a true test for a 3 piece grinder!
The more you load the easier it is to grind and force through to the collection chamber. Grinding small amount really tests the whole system imo.

First up is the Diamond Cut Grinder Fine:
Loaded up with 0,5g
8wgmrs.jpg

+-10 easy 1/4 turns
t0k9as.jpg

And the bountiful harvest!
28a2oo0.jpg

The Diamond Cut Grinder Medium:
Again a small load of little nugs.
35a4xh3.jpg

A nice medium grind!
You can still see the glands on the herb and not a pile of kief!
15wj5lh.jpg

Releasing Soon!!!

That grinder looks amazing @lazylathe. I have a New Vape fine & a SLX 2.0 but this design really interests me. Did they give any indication of pricing?

That grinder looks amazing @lazylathe. I have a New Vape fine & a SLX 2.0 but this design really interests me. Did they give any indication of pricing?

No word on pricing yet.
As soon as I know, I will update everyone!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back