Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Bud Shots

Oz of Bruce Banner
sZ5rMZC.jpg

k3Lxcs1.jpg
Now that's a fucking macro shot there, mate. Beautiful.

What did you take it with? And, is that natural lighting?

Growing is so fun!
It sure looks like it is..... There's so much satisfaction in having something grow well... I grow orchids (and other plants) and there's nothing like having a new bud pop out. I can only imagine the rush of having a good crop. And I think it's something I need to experience. :nod: And when I do folks... be prepared for an onslaught of questions. I didn't open up a grow area for nothing you know... :dog:

ataxian, I'll bet you could grow pure fire.

It sure looks like it is..... There's so much satisfaction in having something grow well... I grow orchids (and other plants) and there's nothing like having a new bud pop out. I can only imagine the rush of having a good crop. And I think it's something I need to experience. :nod: And when I do folks... be prepared for an onslaught of questions. I didn't open up a grow area for nothing you know... :dog:

ataxian, I'll bet you could grow pure fire.
Last time I grew DUTCH CRUNCH with 13 3 foot COLAS.
Super cropped one tree.
My kid's thought I was a good dad!

20180418_173957.jpg

^^^^Blueberry headband...

20180514_085948.jpg

20180514_090015.jpg

^^^^Og kush.....

Hi guys - still trying to hone my macro photo skills....little better but still not in @I'm Ron Burgundy? territory (I don't know how the f*ck he does it on an iPhone...must be because his is an 8 and mine a six...couldn't possibly be because he's more talented than I! hahahaha). Also, I used the macro mode on the Camera+ app I have and did not use the external macro lens as I have in the past...but I should have.

So, MD MMJ program is progressing and we are seeing some higher quality growers distinguish themselves a bit from the herd. This one is from Gleaf and its Pineapple Skunk, 27% THC total. I bought a 1/4 of it and liked it so much I went to get more. By the by, this is one of the few strains where I actually taste what its named. Really did have a hint of pineapple on the finish.

So, MD is now allowing "deli style" sales where the MJ is in bulk and they weight for you right there. Most folks are still using pre-packaged and some deli style, but one dispensary is buying bulk and packing their own and that's where I got the Pineapple Skunk.

What they are also doing with this model is when they get some herb in with some really big colas they are packaging them up in mason jars of 1/2 oz each and selling them as "Big Buds" for the same price and I bought one!! LOL For the curious, this 1/2 cost me $170. Not near as cheap as many other places in the country but not bad for MD where the prices are continuing to go down a bit (well, 'trates are still a rip off but if you don't require top shelf, you can get some $60/65 qtrs).

Some pics...better but not good enough (tried to use an old Nikon Coolpix with macro mode but its older camera and completely useless for macros).

The jar...one of these colas is damn near 4" long

Attachment-9.jpeg

Attachment-5.jpeg

Attachment-3.jpeg

Attachment-6.jpeg

Attachment-7.jpeg

Attachment-8.jpeg

I like big buds and I can not lie

Oh, you dirty girl, you. haha

Yeah, bit better with the camera but still a ways to go. The issue is focus. Phone cameras are all auto-focus or there may be a slide on the screen for manual focus but that's useless as you cannot move even a little bit.

Next time I'll go back to the external macro lens and try some other stuff.

Ron Burgundy is my MJ photo god. I'll never reach those heights but I strive...oh, I strive! LOL

Oh, you dirty girl, you. haha

Yeah, bit better with the camera but still a ways to go. The issue is focus. Phone cameras are all auto-focus or there may be a slide on the screen for manual focus but that's useless as you cannot move even a little bit.

Next time I'll go back to the external macro lens and try some other stuff.

Ron Burgundy is my MJ photo god. I'll never reach those heights but I strive...oh, I strive! LOL
lol
The trick is to get it focused before you zoom in. Taking pics outdoors is also key.
A steady hand as well.
Honestly I think my iPhone 5 took better pictures than this iPhone 8 I have.

Last edited:
lol
The trick is to get it focused before you zoom in. Taking pics outdoors is also key.
A steady hand as well.
Honestly I think my iPhone 5 took better pictures than this iPhone 8 I have.
I'll give it a try....thanks!!

20180615_125852.jpg

Og kush about a month into its 6 month cure...

20180625_195010.jpg
20180625_195005.jpg

Tried some natural light @I'm Ron Burgundy? , but its gone 8pm now, sun is low...

Anyway this is some og kush that i grew about 3 years ago.. been slow curing it since...
the picture doesnt do it justice..
Its just perfect... absolutely perfectly cured, and has mouthwatering flavours...

And when you squish it, it just gives up soooo much goooo... dark aged rosin...
I havent dipped into this stash in a long time..
Im glad i did today..

Some G6 (also called Jet Fuel) by Verano brand here in MD's MMJ program....they are also growing a kick ass Gelato that I believe I already posted about. They are doing a very nice job, IMO

Attachment-1.jpeg

Attachment-3.jpeg

Ok, now I'm probably going to cause @I'm Ron Burgundy? to slap his forehead and laugh at my stupidity but.....I was looking for better macro lens stuff for my iPhone 6s as I still want to get much better focus on those close shots than i have been able to so far. I do have a clip on macro lens, but the results have been very unsatisfying.

So, I'm looking at this manf description of of the product and they emphasized that you need to remove the phone from its protective case if use one because obviously the thickness of the case will set the lens out too far and screw up the optics.

Obvious to everyone but me....the light went on in my head...I have kept my phone in its case while shooting macros.

I dunno if this is the full answer, but yeah....I can't believe I simply overlooked this and I was going for a physics major at one point in my life (and its probably a good thing I changed majors LOL).

@Baron23
lol not at all man. It’s trial and error.
Some phone cases aren’t too thick so you could just use the macro lens over it.

I actually removed my phone case and took some pics but I really didn’t notice much of a difference in clarity. It’s a delicate process... I actually have to hold it with my hand I don’t have a clip so that gets kind of annoying.

Last edited:
Some amnesia haze...
20180629_212032.jpg
20180629_212027.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back