Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Bud Shots

Beautiful looking bud. Just look at all of the burnt orange in it...especially the second shot.

Ok, so.....I'm still not up to my macrophotog god, @I'm Ron Burgundy? , but I have improved. Pulled the case off, got another macro lens....still cheapy stuff but better than last one. What I'm finding is that at large magnification, I can get only the very center focused and then it blurs toward the edges (which I understand is common except in very expensive SLR type macro rigs). No worries, I can crop! hahaha

So, this is GSC from GLeaf here in MD. Kind of liking GLeaf. More vendors with more products coming out so its a bit difficult to keep up with them all and know which ones are premium and which are perhaps more economically oriented. Also, prices are coming down...saw some 4th Jul sales with $225/oz which is way better than where we started in Dec.

Ok, here she is for better or worse. So, @I'm Ron Burgundy? , what da' ya tink??

Attachment-4.jpeg

Attachment-2-2.jpg

Attachment-1-2.jpg

Attachments

• Attachment-1.jpeg
    Attachment-1.jpeg
    267.3 KB · Views: 139
I think you're acquiring some skills there Baron..... that looks pretty darn nice. :thumbsup:
Thanks Mom but the better I am getting with the focus, the more I'm seeing the heads busted off of a LOT of those trichomes.

I think if you want the best shots, you get a really fresh from the plant bud and hand trim delicately. Everything I get here in our med program has been commercially trimmed (yeah, many brands trim by hand but its probably not with the delicate touch that I would use to prepare a photo subject, right?) and then its handled to some extent including packaging and shipping.

But I'm thinking that the next shot of a bud like this, I will break the bud open as the trichomes underneath the outer layer should be intact...doncha' think?

Anyway, thanks for the compliment and encouragement.

I think if you want the best shots, you get a really fresh from the plant bud and hand trim delicately. Everything I get here in our med program has been commercially trimmed (yeah, many brands trim by hand but its probably not with the delicate touch that I would use to prepare a photo subject, right?) and then its handled to some extent including packaging and shipping.
You're right there brother - a lot of trimming machines used commercially can really beat the nugs around and a lot of resin is lost. Rough handling during packaging is also likely to lead to significant resin loss. Many will also recall that during the prohibition era, unscrupulous commercial growers would bounce their nugs on screens as much as possible without breaking them up and keep the sifted resin for themselves. Regardless, your pictures above are nice and crisp man. You've definitely dialled in your photography techniques well! :biggrin:

But I'm thinking that the next shot of a bud like this, I will break the bud open as the trichomes underneath the outer layer should be intact...doncha' think?
That's a great idea for next time around. It always makes for the best nugshots IME to find a big resinous cola and then break off some of the inner calyxes of the biggest nugs to get images of the more abundant, undisturbed inner trichome glands that survive the trim and packaging etc. I look forward to seeing your next photos man, your last shots above are IMO already better taken than many, if not all of my own nugshots! I might need you to start taking my pictures :dog: :biggrin::weed:

You're right there brother - a lot of trimming machines used commercially can really beat the nugs around and a lot of resin is lost. Rough handling during packaging is also likely to lead to significant resin loss. Many will also recall that during the prohibition era, unscrupulous commercial growers would bounce their nugs on screens as much as possible without breaking them up and keep the sifted resin for themselves. Regardless, your pictures above are nice and crisp man. You've definitely dialled in your photography techniques well! :biggrin:

That's a great idea for next time around. It always makes for the best nugshots IME to find a big resinous cola and then break off some of the inner calyxes of the biggest nugs to get images of the more abundant, undisturbed inner trichome glands that survive the trim and packaging etc. I look forward to seeing your next photos man, your last shots above are IMO already better taken than many, if not all of my own nugshots! I might need you to start taking my pictures :dog: :biggrin::weed:
Hello my friend - so glad for the affirmations on how I'm seeing it and your compliments on my photog skills.

Hell yes, send that temple ball over and I will take some great pics of it for you. I will return it...but you know they tend to lose some weight in transit! hahahahaha

So, I posted some pics before of the Gleaf Pineapple Skunk (wonderful flower) but it occurred to me that in most of my shots, the trichome heads are broken off of the stems and looking like sessile trichomes. But thinking about it more I concluded that this was because I was taking pics from the outside of the bud....outside where it is trimmed and trichomes get broken off from handling, packaging, shipping.

So, I was grinding up some big, sticky, Pineapple Skunk buds and decided to just break one open and take a quick pic. No macro lens nor did I set up lighting, reflectors, etc. Just a quick snapshot but enough to prove I'm right about the difference between outside and interior of the buds.

Check them out, much nicer I think. Going forward, i will do this and also use the better equipment. Hopefully I will get some good shots as I still think I'm a mediocre at best macro photog.

PS Marco #2.jpeg

PS Marco #1.jpeg

I hold it vertical and it looks fine on my phone but on PC look sideways :eyebrow2:
I've found that happens with my phone as well. But when I hold the phone horizontally, the photo posts correctly. Lol... what can I say? :biggrin:

You can also upload it to the media gallery first (and not worry about what way you are holding your phone). It has the option to edit and rotate images.

View attachment 4576
I have this lovely bud of Grape Ape I’d like to share. THC level is 21%
Looking delicious and frosty Carol! :biggrin: I bet that'd make some excellent rosin!

Some AutoUltimate tops. Reminds me a lot of Kong in flavor, effects are interesting, slow onset, takes about 30 mins to hit peak, effects lasts quite a while, over 2H.

54difs.jpg
Man the resin on those is exceptional! Are these your own handiwork?

So, can you taste the mango? I often wonder about some of the names of different strains, whatever it smell/tastes like, it sure does look good.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back