Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Bud Shots

Pretty well spot on, you are the most knowledgeable non-grower I have come across. You need to have a grow at it.:thumbsup:
Thanks, mate. But, although we are med legal here in MD, we can't legally grow and I live in a townhouse....even with carbon air filters, I'm afraid that it may be well too much of a strain on good neighborly relationships! LOL

I would like to try sometime, though....:headbang:

Hi gujys - so, I posted a couple of iPhone pics a couple of months ago of Gleaf GSC. Its been sitting in a mason jar with Boveda 62 since mid-July and I decided to grind it up tonight. That, and I have in the interim bought this cheapo (but works pretty good for this stuff) USB microscope. So, before its all ground, I took some macro shots.

This is the full bud shot I posted previously,[
Attachment-3.jpeg

Here are some macro shots....came out pretty good this time, I think

Macro 1.jpg

Macro 3.jpg

Macro 4.jpg

Macro 5.jpg

I think I'm def hitting this tonight in the FP SH! Oh yeah, oh yeah LOL

Hi folks...still working on my MJ photog skills...so please forgive me posting so many pics. I think I'm getting it a little better but still can't quite get those crystal clear trichome close up shots. Still using the iPhone, may try a small portable Nikon I have and see...I believe it provides more features to help me get that macro focus.

So, its 24K Gold....60/40 indica leaning hybrid. This is Harvest of Maryland bud and they seem to be doing a pretty good job of it. They, G-leaf, and my favorite...Grassroots.

Here they are:

View attachment 2755 View attachment 2756 View attachment 2757 View attachment 2758 View attachment 2759 View attachment 2760

Again, since I first posted overall bud shots and lousy attempts to take macros with my iPhone, I bought a cheapee USB microscope and here are some better pics of the 24K Gold hybrid. Looks pretty dang good. Its been sitting in a bail lid jar with 62% Boveda for...well, months now. I like that there is some amber in the trichs and so it doesn't look like it was too rushed to harvest and market.
Time to grind it and vape it. :hungry::headbang:

Oh, and I finally discovered that the lighting level is adjustable on this microscope (the little in-line potentiometer is kind of a give away LOL). Cutting the lighting level back a bit has helped immensely.

24K Gold Macro 1.jpg

24K Gold Macro 2.jpg

24K Gold Macro 3.jpg

Yessir @Baron23 those are some killer macro shots, it’s bonkers what a “cheepee” USB microscope can do! You got a sweet deal imo, although we cannot discount the artistic decisions of the photographer. I’m sure I sound ancient, but it is rather amazing what is readily available for relatively little dinero. That 24K Gold looks positively yummy; have ya squished any of that?

Keep practicing your photography and posting it here, I’m sensing a coffee table book in your future! Budshots by Baron23 :dog:

That 24K Gold looks positively yummy; have ya squished any of that?

No, only had an 1/8th and I ground it. Not really dense bud structure which seems to be desirable for squishing.

I found a new caregiver about a month ago and holy shit... I am so glad I changed things up. The difference in the product I'm getting now is... well it's not even comparable. Beautiful, fluffy, sparkly, fragrant, sticky nugs delivered in a mason jar as opposed to... well let's not even go there again. :disgust:

So I got an oz. of Gorilla Glue #4. My pictures are taken inside and not the best but I was so excited I needed to share lol. I need to figure out something to use for the close up shots... this isn't cutting it. But I am higher than I've been in a long time and the flavor was off the charts. I'm silly high. :aaaaa:

So who has a good suggestion for a macro to use with my phone? And I know, I know... outdoor lighting is better. :smile:

IMG_4696.jpg

IMG_4698.jpg

IMG_4700.jpg

IMG_4703.jpg

I found a new caregiver about a month ago and holy shit... I am so glad I changed things up. The difference in the product I'm getting now is... well it's not even comparable. Beautiful, fluffy, sparkly, fragrant, sticky nugs delivered in a mason jar as opposed to... well let's not even go there again. :disgust:

So I got an oz. of Gorilla Glue #4. My pictures are taken inside and not the best but I was so excited I needed to share lol. I need to figure out something to use for the close up shots... this isn't cutting it. But I am higher than I've been in a long time and the flavor was off the charts. I'm silly high. :aaaaa:

So who has a good suggestion for a macro to use with my phone? And I know, I know... outdoor lighting is better. :smile:

View attachment 5113

View attachment 5114

View attachment 5115

View attachment 5116
These flowers look far better than what you usually post. Very nice!
I use a cheap jeweler’s loupe. That’s the “ghetto” way lol.
I know they make macro lenses you can clip to your phone. Maybe someone can chime in on which is best.

View attachment 5113

View attachment 5114

View attachment 5115

View attachment 5116
I have never been able to master the focus on a phone camera with a macro lens.

For $17, I suggest you get this "and you too can take pictures at home just like a real scientist, little Susie!" haha

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DDJAGUS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

51v-scNdDpL._SL1001_.jpg

Just wow! Those pictures are absolutely incredible. I’m so happy for you and the killer caregiver upgrade! It’s just like you gave yourself a nice coupon for a bigger better monthly stash. :clap:

Okay..... I got a little 'toy' of my own for photos. Still figuring the thing out but here's my first attempt. Same GG#4.

View attachment 5179
That's REAL good, Mom. Might want to diffuse your lighting a bit, seems like there is some sharp reflection from the trichs

Nothing beats outdoor lighting.
I know I’ve said this time and time again but it’s true.
That bud looks scrumptious @momofthegoons
I would do the outdoor lighting if it wasn't pissing down rain outside lol... all damn day almost. So I don't think the lighting was optimum. I was too impatient to wait till Tuesday; which is our next chance at some decent weather.

Nothing beats outdoor lighting.
I know I’ve said this time and time again but it’s true.
That bud looks scrumptious @momofthegoons
I would do the outdoor lighting if it wasn't pissing down rain outside lol... all damn day almost. So I don't think the lighting was optimum. I was too impatient to wait till Tuesday; which is our next chance at some decent weather.
Mom - I would def listen to Ron over anything I may say! LOL

So, I have posted pics of Guice...but here's the deal...we have three different growers in MD producing Guice and they are indeed different. First was Curio, kind of dried out at the time (early after the program first opened) but had great effects. Then Harvest...their Guice looked great, but was kind of meh compared to Curio. Now, here we have SunMed Guice. This Guice has a very sativa like open bud structure. I haven't tried it yet...just grinding it today, so I thought I would take some pics.

Overall bud shot on a phone with pretty much no prep and its shows. Not a great photo. But the macros came out good...really, this stuff looks better than I thought it would. Pretty rich in nice trich's

Attachment-1.jpeg
#1.jpg
#2.jpg
#3.jpg
#4.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back