Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Bud Shots

I have a few different lines and I only keep the best of each so unless it beats the one I got it gets culled.
That keeps things from growing stale and makes me make more seeds which makes better plants......the cycle of life?

I have a few different lines and I only keep the best of each so unless it beats the one I got it gets culled.
That keeps things from growing stale and makes me make more seeds which makes better plants......the cycle of life?
With your excellent judgement, discernment and taste combined with your breeding and growing skills, you should have excellent seeds and plants. I'm not surprised about your frosty bud.

Thank you!!!
Wet.........
DSC-0560.jpg

DSC-0570.jpg

A few days later.........dryingish.

Wonderful.

Boy, its not hard to tell the diff between lightly hand trimmed and some of the machine trimmed bud we get here in my state's med program. Some is hand trimmed, but some the frakin buds end up looking like pine cones as the machine shaves them down. Sigh.

That's why I take close up picks of the inside of the bud. Trich's on the outside of machine trimmed are all missing the heads.....sigh, the MJ version of money changers in Solomon's Temple

Today's fluffy meds,
IMG_20190523_155345.jpg

This was harvested June 2018, the old Mason Jar keeps them nice and fluffy, not all squished up like in a bag! I did not use Boveda's, just a mini digital humidity gauge and burps in the appropriate RH room...yummie.:smoke:

Heathen!...letting that Boveda pack touch the bud, just kidding, bit on the dry side eh?
Did you know you can change the temperature readout on that gauge to Fahrenheit instead of Celsius if you want, just put something conductive in the hole in the back and make contact with the metal strips in there to change it back and forth.:thumbsup:
I have not worked out how to change the humidity absolute/relative even though there is a hole for it.

Heathen!...letting that Boveda pack touch the bud, just kidding, bit on the dry side eh?
Did you know you can change the temperature readout on that gauge to Fahrenheit instead of Celsius if you want, just put something conductive in the hole in the back and make contact with the metal strips in there to change it back and forth.:thumbsup:
I have not worked out how to change the humidity absolute/relative even though there is a hole for it.

:biggrin: Isin't that how it hydrates the bud?!

Yeah it was actually much lower than that, made a boo boo and left trimmed flower on the cardboard air drying a little too long, it did read 45% RH but I'm thinking they were a little higher, now they're at 62%. Hoping they weren't too dry but it smells amazing in the jar.

I'll have to change that, constantly converting C to F on my PC! Thanks for the tip!

I think the RH is locked with factory calibration. The only ones I've found to calibrate are like the calibre iv's but at $20-25/ea damn if I don't mind a few degrees offset so long as I know what it is.

:biggrin: Isin't that how it hydrates the bud?!
I think it is through the air, not actual contact, when I have the misfortune to use them (aka fuck up and dry too far) I usually bend the corners so they hang onto the inside of the mason jar mouth...most end up falling onto the top buds anyway.:thumbsup: The proper jars\containers have a compartment in the lids to hold the Boveda packs.

I think it is through the air, not actual contact, when I have the misfortune to use them (aka fuck up and dry too far) I usually bend the corners so they hang onto the inside of the mason jar mouth...most end up falling onto the top buds anyway.:thumbsup: The proper jars\containers have a compartment in the lids to hold the Boveda packs.

I was just joking. I've tried it both ways, seems good either way. I normally use them as I dont typically start trimming when the bud is still above 65%, that's when I consider that I've fucked up, but there are a number of ways to cure an anaerobic curing is definitely a thing I just prefer a bit over-dried (55-58%) then re-hydrated back to my preferred spot at 62.

I had to help dry mine a bit as it has been damp and cold, they have been hanging for 3 weeks and were still smooshy on the outside,

IMG_20190528_214726.jpg
Stairway to heaven?
Harvest near there,

IMG_20190529_160406.jpg

I ended up with it in the jars at 60-61% but they will probably keep rising for a while...burping time!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back