Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Bud Shots

Well, for starts I think there is a LOT of science coming out now that tends to support the view that Indica vs Sativa are really aren't real distinuguishing categories. Some say there really ain't no such thing.

Then we get into how the genetics is expressed in the specific plant we are vaping.....often called phenotype but @herbivore21 and others rather more like to use the term chemotype to describe the real percentages and relative proportion in the cannabinoids and entourage compounds contained in a plant.

However, with regard to the distillate you listed and the fact that they both have the same amounts of THC....the percent of THC is not really a "satvia vs indica" thing but rather a result of source material and extraction process (in this case, fractional distillation, perhaps?). I'm not at all sure how much of the distinguishing compounds of "sativa" vs "indica" makes it into the final concentrate product and whether these categories are useful with high percentage concentrates at all.

Then technically, both of them should give them same effects. Despite whether they are marked Indica or Sativa?

..good points baron23...add in the hybrids...and one really questions the value of the sativa..indica...label...
....curious to see if the proposed regulation can clarify some of this stuff...if folks can agree on standard benchmarks..across the board...there could be value for us....the consumer/patient...:smile:

Then technically, both of them should give them same effects. Despite whether they are marked Indica or Sativa?
Hard to say, Vicki. But as a distillate, if they didn't add anything else back in....then yeah, I would think that they would be very similar if not identical.

Interesting conversation. I personally perceive a large qualitative difference between sativas and indicas, even in hybrids, unless they are close to 50/50. Usually don't love sativas, but the ones that do hit me hard have a completely different buzz than indicas. :twocents:

As for THC %s, thankfully my CG tests all his strains at a state-certified lab. (In Maine a lot of folks warn you against using the dispensaries specifically because their strains aren't fully tested and are apparently mislabeled at times....luckily we have hundreds of caregivers with integrity who publish all their test results.)

Well, for starts I think there is a LOT of science coming out now that tends to support the view that Indica vs Sativa are really aren't real distinuguishing categories. Some say there really ain't no such thing.

Then we get into how the genetics is expressed in the specific plant we are vaping.....often called phenotype but @herbivore21 and others rather more like to use the term chemotype to describe the real percentages and relative proportion in the cannabinoids and entourage compounds contained in a plant.

However, with regard to the distillate you listed and the fact that they both have the same amounts of THC....the percent of THC is not really a "satvia vs indica" thing but rather a result of source material and extraction process (in this case, fractional distillation, perhaps?). I'm not at all sure how much of the distinguishing compounds of "sativa" vs "indica" makes it into the final concentrate product and whether these categories are useful with high percentage concentrates at all.
I'm an auto-immune patient and have grown both OUTDOOR & INDOOR.
SATIVA = MORNING (I cheat sometimes with GSC after expresso)
HYBRIDS = AFTERNOON & 420 daily celebration
INDICA = before bed

WORK's for me?

I'm an auto-immune patient and have grown both OUTDOOR & INDOOR.
SATIVA = MORNING (I cheat sometimes with GSC after expresso)
HYBRIDS = AFTERNOON & 420 daily celebration
INDICA = before bed

WORK's for me?

But, is it different when it comes to the THC distillate, like the ones I posted? They both have exactly the same percentage of THC and CDB, yet one is labeled Indica and one is labeled Sativa.

THC distillate. I have a question. how can they both be the exact same percentage of THC and CBD, but one be Indica and one be Sativa? These are both prefilled syringes.

A few things I should clear up here.

What @Baron23 is saying above is most of the explanation for your question. A phenotype describes discrete (that is distinct, separate), varied plant expressions within a given variety (Not 'strain', that word refers to viruses!).

Some plants have incredibly different phenotypes, some phenotypes from the same variety may have green flowers, some might have purple flowers! Some phenotypes within a given variety can be more narrow leaf, whereas others can be more broad leafed. Flavor can also vary, as well as effects, quantity of resin and flower yields and more within the same variety due to different phenotypes.

The terms Sativa and Indica are actually geographical nomenclatures. For example, actually, Sativa refers to mostly non-drug type varieties - we do not get vaked off of most actual Sativa's!). Indica refers to plants from the Indian subcontinent and all the way up to places like Afghanistan. We're talking desert plants all the way to equatorial Southern Indian tropical jungle plants and all points in-between!

The correct terms that describe the effects from plants that you are referring to as 'sativa' and 'indica' are 'narrow leaf' and 'broad leaf' drug cultivars.

Now that we've established that, let's get to the original comment. No, the same levels of THC and CBD do not mean that extracts from different varieties will have the same effects. As I've said before elsewhere, the terps make the psychoactivity/flavor differences between varieties and especially that characterize the narrow vs broad leaf divide much more than the major cannabinoids.

Those distillates that you provided pics of do not report levels of terps, since most extractors cheap out on paying for terp testing, so we cannot be sure what the differences may be between them by reading the label.

Remember also that distillates can be monomolecular medicines, combinations of isolates, or whole plant distillates, or distillates from solvent extracts (the last is most common). Which of these they are will determine the content of the distillate. Not all distillates are fractional distillates. More often, we make a crude short path distillate that is not intended to separate or isolate individual compounds.

Two extracts or samples of flower that had identical THC and CBD levels can indeed have incredibly different flavors and effects depending on the terpene content. Identical THC and CBD do not mean identical effects. :twocents:

If anyone has anymore questions for clarification, please do ask. The confusion surrounding 'sativa' and 'indica' and terms like 'strain' and 'distillate' is absolutely abundant in the MMJ community at present and I'd love nothing more than to help all of you guys get clarification on these concepts! Freeing myself of confused stoner lingo allowed me to tailor my medicine to my needs as well as I have now! :aaaaa:

What @Baron23 is saying above is most of the explanation for your question. A phenotype describes discrete (that is distinct, separate), varied plant expressions within a given variety (Not 'strain', that word refers to viruses!).

Some plants have incredibly different phenotypes, some phenotypes from the same variety may have green flowers, some might have purple flowers! Some phenotypes within a given variety can be more narrow leaf, whereas others can be more broad leafed. Flavor can also vary, as well as effects, quantity of resin and flower yields and more within the same variety due to different phenotypes.

The terms Sativa and Indica are actually geographical nomenclatures. For example, actually, Sativa refers to mostly non-drug type varieties - we do not get vaked off of most actual Sativa's!). Indica refers to plants from the Indian subcontinent and all the way up to places like Afghanistan. We're talking desert plants all the way to equatorial Southern Indian tropical jungle plants and all points in-between!

The correct terms that describe the effects from plants that you are referring to as 'sativa' and 'indica' are 'narrow leaf' and 'broad leaf' drug cultivars.

Now that we've established that, let's get to the original comment. No, the same levels of THC and CBD do not mean that extracts from different varieties will have the same effects. As I've said before elsewhere, the terps make the psychoactivity/flavor differences between varieties and especially that characterize the narrow vs broad leaf divide much more than the major cannabinoids.

Those distillates that you provided pics of do not report levels of terps, since most extractors cheap out on paying for terp testing, so we cannot be sure what the differences may be between them by reading the label.

Remember also that distillates can be monomolecular medicines, combinations of isolates, or whole plant distillates, or distillates from solvent extracts (the last is most common). Which of these they are will determine the content of the distillate. Not all distillates are fractional distillates. More often, we make a crude short path distillate that is not intended to separate or isolate individual compounds.

Two extracts or samples of flower that had identical THC and CBD levels can indeed have incredibly different flavors and effects depending on the terpene content. Identical THC and CBD do not mean identical effects. :twocents:

If anyone has anymore questions for clarification, please do ask. The confusion surrounding 'sativa' and 'indica' and terms like 'strain' and 'distillate' is absolutely abundant in the MMJ community at present and I'd love nothing more than to help all of you guys get clarification on these concepts! Freeing myself of confused stoner lingo allowed me to tailor my medicine to my needs as well as I have now! :aaaaa:
INDICA wide leaf to capture sunlight.
SATIVA narrow leaf for coooing.
It's really not hard to figure out?

Now I have a headache trying to wrap my head around all that. LOL

Now I have a headache trying to wrap my head around all that. LOL
lol I understand, it took me a hell of a long time to write even that and then to parse it into more everyday language would be even more work! One good start to help you understand phenotypes would be to check out sites like seedfinder. Look up a given variety that you enjoy and then look at the list of known phenotypes there. That will give you a much better idea of what different phenos look like in different varieties.

Do keep in mind that the phenotypes recorded on that site are crowd-sourced and their providence may not live up to scientific standards. Still, it gives you a great idea of the way plants can vary within and between varieties.

Some varieties, like Blue Dream can have both narrow and broad leaf phenotypes! That's right, I said that the same variety (what people mistakenly call 'strain') can produce both broad and narrow leaf plants.

I have watched the same variety of cannabis that I have processed most frequently over the years come out with both narrow and broad leaf flowers at different times. These are plants from the same source.

I have seen plants from the same variety from the same source go from a fruity flavored pheno, to a very complex, herby tasting pheno and various points in-between. There is tremendous variation within varieties, which is why we call them that. ;)

Last edited:
...and it was very well done....good job.

My home grown Kush now curing.

kBZcNiP.jpg

aFqz6RM.jpg

....picked up ounce of white gorilla for $200... post 420 sale...

Some Jack herijuana33 and some auto northan lights...
A small sample of my latest wardrobe adventure, in the vapcap while at work...

And it's made me way way to high for work..
Wasnt expecting that...
But I should have known, I vape the same few strains exclusively for ages... years...
Of course a change was gonna hammer me...

Oh well, least I'm my own boss...
Think I'm gonna send myself home for being unfit for work... disgraceful...

Oil Cartridge - labeled "Classic." It's an indica .5ml cartridge on an eLeaf iStick.

I hold down the button for a couple of seconds and take a draw... let go and draw for a few seconds more and it does the job...damn these things are strong. Less odor than vaping flowers too. However, I think there's a little more odor than when I vape wax on my box mod.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back