Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Building a new 40 x 60 Metal Building - inside - a custom grow room

vonfatman

in six-eight months, we hope to have a 40' x 60' metal building.

my wife and i have decided to put our first mmj grow into this new building.

at this time, we do not even have a floorplan. we are trying to think this thru and ask lots of questions.

in missouri, a mmj patient/cultivator can have six flowering, six not yet flowering and six 14" or shorter....i know...crazy.

initially i am going to do six and six....so twelve plants total. if the grow grows and i become a "caregiver", i could potentially (by missouri law) be growing as many as 36 plants.

i want to build in enough room for me to easily get around/work around the max....36 plants.

we do not want to skimp on space - we want to comfortably work the grow or process the materials.

we want to add a processing area to keep process and it's odors out of our home. we want to process tinsure, oils etc.
the prep area would have sinks an oven/stove and a fridge/freezer etc.

initial blush has us looking at 20' x 20' but as far as floorplan goes, to process - it will take more square footage. we are all ears for suggestions and/or
ideas to make this grow a good one.

the floor will be painted concrete.

thanks
vonfatman

in six-eight months, we hope to have a 40' x 60' metal building.

my wife and i have decided to put our first mmj grow into this new building.

at this time, we do not even have a floorplan. we are trying to think this thru and ask lots of questions.

in missouri, a mmj patient/cultivator can have six flowering, six not yet flowering and six 14" or shorter....i know...crazy.

initially i am going to do six and six....so twelve plants total. if the grow grows and i become a "caregiver", i could potentially (by missouri law) be growing as many as 36 plants.

i want to build in enough room for me to easily get around/work around the max....36 plants.

we do not want to skimp on space - we want to comfortably work the grow or process the materials.

we want to add a processing area to keep process and it's odors out of our home. we want to process tinsure, oils etc.
the prep area would have sinks an oven/stove and a fridge/freezer etc.

initial blush has us looking at 20' x 20' but as far as floorplan goes, to process - it will take more square footage. we are all ears for suggestions and/or
ideas to make this grow a good one.

the floor will be painted concrete.

thanks
vonfatman
Have you ever grown cannabis indoors?

2 cents warning: get concrete wholesale straight from ready mix vendor, you will be surprised on the cost...specially if you want above 3500 Psi.
Also, are you going to pump it?Finishers and utilities....
I suggested figuring out the concrete and foundation before the building itself
Had a 100x60 built a few years back and it wasn’t and cheap as I thought....
Just saying

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back