Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Bullying

Baron23

@momofthegoons - I think this is the place we can post off topic stuff...yeah? If not, please tell me where else I should put this. But I would like to post it as I personally find this to be an extraordinarily important...even critical... subject
==================

If you have not yet seen the vid shot by this little boy's mother as he tries to explain (and asks why and wonders if it will get better someday) the bullying that he receives at school.

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/...deo-attracts-attention-vols-titans/937967001/

I was bullied as a little kid and I KNOW exactly what this boy is feeling. Probably many of us do. Being ostracized and shunned is the worse thing ever. Being told you are ugly, have no friends, are worthless....whatever....its horrific and leaves marks that last a lifetime.

IThis vid brought me to tears.

I like this little boy and wish I had an email address for him. I want to tell him how I was bullied when I was small.....then I became a fighter pilot, I kicked ass and took names, and meanwhile the losers who bullied me were working behind a counter or the like (actually, nothing wrong with counter work...but you get my meaning, yeah?).

One thing 65 years of life has taught me is that often the top end up on the bottom and the people who felt consigned for life to the bottom of the pecking order become the best, most productive, most likeable of adults.

So to any young people who read this...take heart, you are not destined for bullying and pain all of your life and the stuff you go through now as a youngster will be meaningless....COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS...when you become an adult. So don't do ANYTHING stupid. This too will pass and there are lots of people out there just dying to meet you, befriend you, even love you....hell, even I have found some love in this life....and so you will too.

@momofthegoons - I think this is the place we can post off topic stuff...yeah? If not, please tell me where else I should put this. But I would like to post it as I personally find this to be an extraordinarily important...even critical... subject
Yes this is, indeed, where to post off topic material. And I thank you for posting this video. Funny.... I almost started a similar thread today. So your starting it, baron, shows that it was meant to be.

Bullying is a cowardly, malicious act. And something that many of us have experienced in some form or another. It can have a profound effect on a child. And with today's ability to be a keyboard warrior and do it online, the probably of it happening has been exacerbated tremendously. What's even worse is that, often, a bullied child becomes a bully as an adult. Or, even worse, will take their life.

Another unfortunate truth is that it's not just children that are bullied. Adults are bullied as well by siblings, peers, spouses, bosses..... And it's inconceivable to me that in this day and age we aren't more tolerant of each other and of people's differences.

I find no joy in making others feel badly and cannot comprehend how others do. And I think the majority of our members feel the same. And this will ALWAYS be a bully free zone.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back