Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Misc. Can a Vape be characterized like other traditional pipes - Cultural - Spiritual - Religious - Artifact

Cuckfumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
What booted the topic...
VAPORIZING is health not BLING. POV
What do you think about RITUALS? Pipes have different meanings to different cultures. Surf culture never embraced pipes? I respect your culture. I say unto thee SURFS UP!
I know you are a Dawkins disciple., @ataxian. Don't feel excluded from my next question.:biggrin:

I ask my fellow vaporists. Do you think humans should engage in RITUALS? Is it an essential part of being human? Is it unhealthy, and perhaps unnatural to be entirely engaged in 'FACT' based reality. Where does creativity come from?
Now the big question. Can you have a vape transcend FUNCTIONAL mode and have it become a RITUAL DEVICE? I think it qualified and CIVILIZED and certain ones should be elevated and revered like other religious and historic artifacts of our age. Have fun with my premise.
Many Blessings on your M @ataxian, and may it bring you closer to vapor bliss.:partyhat:

rrm094.gif
let-dogs-out-pipe-talk-smokers-forums_130985.jpg

Last edited:
What do you think about RITUALS
I've been meaning to get back to this thread for a while now. :smile:

When I'm vaping (as opposed to dabbing) I find it very ritualistic. The entire process of preparing your vaporizable; selecting the bud, breaking it apart and possibly taking a deep breath and enjoying the nuances of the strain. Then the packing of the bowl.... getting it just right. In some instances you might need a torch and that in itself is a process.... Taking your first hit and enjoying the flavor..... then continuing with subsequent hits and getting larger clouds. Depending on the vape and the day, this process can last quite a long time for me. And medicating is a daily occurrence. So yes; I feel it's a ritual. And one I quite enjoy. :biggrin:

Is it an essential part of being human?
I believe so; although some may call it habit? Humans tend to keep to schedules.... and tend to like to do things the same way each time. Keeping it cannabis themed, I used to know someone that ground their herb the same way each time; twenty turns in one direction and then 20 turns in the other. He claimed it made the 'perfect grind.' I think we tend to keep to our 'ways' because they work for us.

You bring pipes into the equation... and many collect pipes. We, in turn, seem to collect vaporizers and the accessories for them. Well.... speaking for myself.. :dog: I think this comes from two places. One; some love to collect. I would fall into that category. I love cool stuff. And having cool vape stuff falls squarely into that category. Do I need it? No. But it does fill a need. Not all of us are like this and those who aren't question why (@ataxian you might fall into this category). But... I ask of you; is there something you like to collect? Books? Surfboards? :biggrin: Some of us feel the need to have every version of something and others are satisfied with just some or one.

certain ones should be elevated and revered like other religious and historic artifacts of our age.
I definitely have vapes that I feel are more 'special' than others. And some that I feel are artifacts (my Zaps spring to mind). So I am of the same mindset. :nod:

I've been meaning to get back to this thread for a while now. :smile:

When I'm vaping (as opposed to dabbing) I find it very ritualistic. The entire process of preparing your vaporizable; selecting the bud, breaking it apart and possibly taking a deep breath and enjoying the nuances of the strain. Then the packing of the bowl.... getting it just right. In some instances you might need a torch and that in itself is a process.... Taking your first hit and enjoying the flavor..... then continuing with subsequent hits and getting larger clouds. Depending on the vape and the day, this process can last quite a long time for me. And medicating is a daily occurrence. So yes; I feel it's a ritual. And one I quite enjoy. :biggrin:

I believe so; although some may call it habit? Humans tend to keep to schedules.... and tend to like to do things the same way each time. Keeping it cannabis themed, I used to know someone that ground their herb the same way each time; twenty turns in one direction and then 20 turns in the other. He claimed it made the 'perfect grind.' I think we tend to keep to our 'ways' because they work for us.

You bring pipes into the equation... and many collect pipes. We, in turn, seem to collect vaporizers and the accessories for them. Well.... speaking for myself.. :dog: I think this comes from two places. One; some love to collect. I would fall into that category. I love cool stuff. And having cool vape stuff falls squarely into that category. Do I need it? No. But it does fill a need. Not all of us are like this and those who aren't question why (@ataxian you might fall into this category). But... I ask of you; is there something you like to collect? Books? Surfboards? :biggrin: Some of us feel the need to have every version of something and others are satisfied with just some or one.

I definitely have vapes that I feel are more 'special' than others. And some that I feel are artifacts (my Zaps spring to mind). So I am of the same mindset. :nod:
I have been a collector of many thing's?
How dumb I have guilty written all over my face!
SURFBOARD's, ART, CAR's. VAPORIZER's, GLASS WP's, GOLF CLUB's, BIKE's, PLANT's, BOOK's?
VINYL, GUTAIR's as well!

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back