Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Cannabis and strenuous exercise

Crap it just occured to me that I may look like a vain prick...
Im not the ripped guy staring at himself in the mirror, posting endless posing topless selfies, and wolf whistling the ladies... far from it.
I am a shy, semi insecure, modest kind of guy with not much self confidence.... just tryimg to better myself.. for me...
And even when all this hard work does eventually pay off, i still wont be obsessed with vanity...
I'm just not like that...

But.. I do want to look better, as well as be fitter and stronger.. my work keeps me pretty strong anyway (carpenter/builder). But I just want to look more normal.. I hope that doesnt make me vain...

And I love your reason for staying in shape..
Cant let these youngens get the better of us..

Also if you haven't tried a vapcap, i suggest you order an 'm', it's the base model, but still kicks arse as much as the high end models...
Its only about $50 I think... or £ or € depending on where you are....

And @ataxian, Like @momofthegoons says, you don't even need to torch now... and you have an evo so you don't even need the pipes heater...
The evo would do it, just to get you started...
Does it mean no more GonG's or EBL'S? (all the guy's that surf smoke joint's still? They think I'm a geek for vaporizing?)

I have used the EVO to click a VC. My concern is in the body of my 'M' getting warm. Then again I never tweaked it either. So YMMV.

. I don't exercise for looks or anything, just so that I can feel strong,
There is the whole healthy body <-> healthy mind thing to. Excersise helps me think clearer and that I'm running on all cylinders when I work. Less brain tired moments.

Has anybody purposely used cannibus to make a certain exercise require more effort?

I have used the EVO to click a VC. My concern is in the body of my 'M' getting warm. Then again I never tweaked it either. So YMMV.

There is the whole healthy body <-> healthy mind thing to. Excersise helps me think clearer and that I'm running on all cylinders when I work. Less brain tired moments.

Has anybody purposely used cannibus to make a certain exercise require more effort?
We smoke 3 joint's before SURFING larger than normal size wave's for 6 hours?
CANNABIS is safer than: {MILK; BEER; SODA; SUGAR DRINK'S} pov

I am a flavor chaser so an EVO fit's me. (GOLDIE LOCKS)

Last edited:
Crap it just occured to me that I may look like a vain prick...
Im not the ripped guy staring at himself in the mirror, posting endless posing topless selfies, and wolf whistling the ladies... far from it.
I am a shy, semi insecure, modest kind of guy with not much self confidence.... just tryimg to better myself.. for me...
And even when all this hard work does eventually pay off, i still wont be obsessed with vanity...
I'm just not like that...

But.. I do want to look better, as well as be fitter and stronger.. my work keeps me pretty strong anyway (carpenter/builder). But I just want to look more normal.. I hope that doesnt make me vain...

And I love your reason for staying in shape..
Cant let these youngens get the better of us..

Also if you haven't tried a vapcap, i suggest you order an 'm', it's the base model, but still kicks arse as much as the high end models...
Its only about $50 I think... or £ or € depending on where you are....

And @ataxian, Like @momofthegoons says, you don't even need to torch now... and you have an evo so you don't even need the pipes heater...
The evo would do it, just to get you started...

Haha that made me chuckle. No you didn't come across as that. You seem like a cool dude to me! We are men, and that in itself is reason enough to stay in shape, for a physical challenge is just around the corner.

Dude I am definitely ordering me a vapcap now on my next paycheck. That is crazy! Although, I would probably use the vapcap more for portable use, so being able to heat it with the EVO might not be so handy now that I think about it... Nonetheless, I need a new vape, and I think vapcap will be a perfect fit.

It is true - there is a direct correlation between mental health and physical health. Although, the relationship is complex, it's not a simple 1:1. Exercise puts me in a good mood, and I'm in a good mood it's easier to think straight. The stress and strain of every day life dumbs us down, and physical activity can provide a release.

I did... it didnt work for me... making it harder means im not pushing my muscles to the extent I usually would.. meaning im not breaking them to repair them...

We smoke 3 joint's before SURFING larger than normal size wave's for 6 hours?

Cannabis and exercise works fine..
Just not intense strenuous exercise and muscle building... from what I can gather, camnabis actually inhibits muscle growth... still learning

Dude I am definitely ordering me a vapcap now on my next paycheck.

You should definitely give it a go. I don't think anyone hasn't been blown away by it yet... iv been on board since quite early on...
As long as you have the dexterity to use a torch, i wouldnt entertain other heating methods ...

You should definitely give it a go. I don't think anyone hasn't been blown away by it yet... iv been on board since quite early on...
Me, lol
I didn't like my vapcap omnivap xl, only used it a handful of times when I first got it and haven't used it since.

Me, lol
I didn't like my vapcap omnivap xl, only used it a handful of times when I first got it and haven't used it since.

Wow really.. that's interesting..
Do you mind if I ask why exactly it didnt pleae you..???

Also the omni xl hasn't been around too long, so you have only just recently bought right..???
And am I correct in thinking your a UK member???
I have a memory but it's notoriously unreliable...

I may be able to give it a good home if your really not gonna use it.. or maybe could help you to like it somehow so you can enjoy it..

Hi mate, yeah UK member, I've spoke to you a couple of times on FC ;)
I bought it last year (Oct) directly from dynavap, I even got an extra carbon body for it

After purchasing it, I decided I don't like having to use lighters
When I use it I feel a bit like i'm using a crack pipe lol
I thought it was hot and harsh and because of the tiny chamber, I had to use it multiple times to get high, giving me a sore throat
I don't like the restriction and if I open the carb, the vapour is too diluted
Also, it's hard to hear the click in noisy environments too

TBH I don't really go out vaping much these days but I already had a Mighty which I still prefer.
Would love a grasshopper, but until they improve reliability - no sale
My EVO is still doing the trick for desktop use... at least until I can get a flowerpot to try.

anyway, back on topic, sorta,
I feel a bit too self conscious these days to go to gyms although I used to do kickboxing and judo years ago
I got myself an inversion bar & boots for my back and do chinups on that, a skipping rope and a small set of dumbells so I could exercise at home
I've dropped a couple stone since last year and down to a 30" waist now :)
Even had to go buy some new jeans lol

Last edited:
When I use it I feel a bit like i'm using a crack pipe lol
Yeah I get that... at least I'm not lighting while inhaling....
All your reasons are valid..
But I personally don't find it too hot or harsh..
And half that tiny chamber does the job for me..
I don't mind the restriction at all, i have mine missed with a pinhole carb..
And I find I can always hear/sense that click, even in the loudest places..
Different strokes eh... just goes to show...

My EVO is still doing the trick for desktop use... at least until I can get a flowerpot to try.

Gotta love the evo... the flower pot was on my radar a while ago, but I decided against it...
I mainly use herb, and it's not gonna compare to the evo/turbine for taste... and I just don't like the way the top sits on..

I feel a bit too self conscious these days to go to gyms although I used to do kickboxing and judo years ago

I felt like that for a while and was working out at home, and was worrying about going to the gym, but i shouldn't have been, the gym isnt full of perfect people thankfully...
It's full of average people like me, just trying to improve...
I also find I work harder at the gym than home for some reason...

Yeah I get that... at least I'm not lighting while inhaling....
All your reasons are valid..
But I personally don't find it too hot or harsh..
And half that tiny chamber does the job for me..
I don't mind the restriction at all, i have mine missed with a pinhole carb..
And I find I can always hear/sense that click, even in the loudest places..
Different strokes eh... just goes to show...

Gotta love the evo... the flower pot was on my radar a while ago, but I decided against it...
I mainly use herb, and it's not gonna compare to the evo/turbine for taste... and I just don't like the way the top sits on..

I felt like that for a while and was working out at home, and was worrying about going to the gym, but i shouldn't have been, the gym isnt full of perfect people thankfully...
It's full of average people like me, just trying to improve...
I also find I work harder at the gym than home for some reason...
I should have known better with the vapcap as I've never been into smoking joints anyway, always bongs. But VAS got the better of me lol:thinker:

What I could do with is starting to run or getting back on my bike and going for rides to get my stamina up.

5 WAYS CANNABIS AFFECTS YOUR ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE

If you’re an athlete, we’ll explore 5 Ways Cannabis Affects Your Athletic Performance.

Despite what you’ve been led to believe, Cannabis isn’t just for overweight stoners anymore!

With so many wellness products and strains on the market from CBD gummies,capsules, and oils to coffees infused with hemp – the benefits are big.

And we have the studies, research and proof to back it up.

Benefit 1: Can Reduce Inflammation
Reducing muscle and joint inflammation is one of the most promising areas of cannabis research.

Many studies have found that CBD helps ease inflammation which is a huge relief, especially if you’re training daily, right?

It’s important to note that CBD is the non-psychoactive part of the Cannabis plant that will not get you high. That’s THC’s job.

Ganja Guru Yoga Studio in Denver,CO, uses marijuana in their classes and recommends using it for clients to help reduce inflammation.

If you’re an athlete looking to reduce inflammation, topicals and tinctures are a fantastic choice for targeting recovery – just make sure your dose is appropriate and has neither too little or too much.

Speaking with your medical professional to help you find the proper dosage is key – especially if you’re competing or professional.

Benefit 2: May Ease Pain
Cannabis has been found to possibly alleviate pain. This is one area of cannabis research that has shown a ton of positive results.

Marijuana can alleviate pain caused by everything from chronic pain to challenging joints, muscles, and aches.

From low-back pain to stiff hip flexors, as an athlete – anything’s possible.

When you’re pushing your body and challenging it to it’s peak, finding all of the edges and overcoming limitations – you’ll need something that works and doesn’t give you nasty side effects.

CBD Oil, if taken daily, is a superior addition to your wellness and workout routine.

Former NHL player Riley Cote uses medical marijuana to find relief from the years of bruising playing for the Philadelphia Flyers.

Cote has become an active cannabis activist, launching the Hemp Heals Foundation to spread the word about the beneficial properties of hemp, a non-psychoactive version of cannabis.

Benefit 3: CBD Can Help Treat Muscle Spasms
Yet another medical application for cannabis is in helping to treat treating muscle spasms.

Cannabis has also shown positive results in lessening muscle spasms associated with diseases like MS, and its benefits could extend to athletes suffering from spasms as well.

MMA Fighter Nick Diaz is a huge advocate of Cannabis saying:

“If I’m at home and I’m training — doing my same things every day — then I’m definitely going to want to use cannabis. It’s gonna help.”
And former UFC heavyweight fighter Kyle Kingsbury says:

” It helps me sleep and reduces muscle pain.”
Benefit 4: Could Improve Sleep
It’s no secret that THC helps improve the ‘Zzzz’s’, but studies have also found that it can help people with sleep apnea and even suppress dreams, which is beneficial for those suffering from PTSD.

Everyone knows how important getting a good night’s sleep is for overall fitness, so this can be extremely beneficial to your athletic performance.

If you’re currently taking any kind of prescription medication to help you sleep, Cannabis could be the new Sandman in your life.

With thousands of hundreds of humans consuming Cannabis at bedtime, surely they all can’t be wrong!?

Of course, depending on your level of athleticism, and what sport you’re in, Cannabis could either be accepted or outlawed.

Benefit 5: Cannabis May Improve Mental Wellness And Clarity
Whether you’re into meditation, yoga, mindfulness or you just need more focus and mental clarity – Cannabis can help!

Cannabis can help your mental game and focus incredibly. With it’s possible reduction of anxiety, and decrease in calm, finding a CBD product that works best for you can make a world of a difference!

Of 9000 Americans, 81 % of them who took part in a research study said that Cannabis helped relieve anxiety.

5 WAYS CANNABIS AFFECTS YOUR ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE

If you’re an athlete, we’ll explore 5 Ways Cannabis Affects Your Athletic Performance.

Despite what you’ve been led to believe, Cannabis isn’t just for overweight stoners anymore!

With so many wellness products and strains on the market from CBD gummies,capsules, and oils to coffees infused with hemp – the benefits are big.

And we have the studies, research and proof to back it up.

Benefit 1: Can Reduce Inflammation
Reducing muscle and joint inflammation is one of the most promising areas of cannabis research.

Many studies have found that CBD helps ease inflammation which is a huge relief, especially if you’re training daily, right?

It’s important to note that CBD is the non-psychoactive part of the Cannabis plant that will not get you high. That’s THC’s job.

Ganja Guru Yoga Studio in Denver,CO, uses marijuana in their classes and recommends using it for clients to help reduce inflammation.

If you’re an athlete looking to reduce inflammation, topicals and tinctures are a fantastic choice for targeting recovery – just make sure your dose is appropriate and has neither too little or too much.

Speaking with your medical professional to help you find the proper dosage is key – especially if you’re competing or professional.

Benefit 2: May Ease Pain
Cannabis has been found to possibly alleviate pain. This is one area of cannabis research that has shown a ton of positive results.

Marijuana can alleviate pain caused by everything from chronic pain to challenging joints, muscles, and aches.

From low-back pain to stiff hip flexors, as an athlete – anything’s possible.

When you’re pushing your body and challenging it to it’s peak, finding all of the edges and overcoming limitations – you’ll need something that works and doesn’t give you nasty side effects.

CBD Oil, if taken daily, is a superior addition to your wellness and workout routine.

Former NHL player Riley Cote uses medical marijuana to find relief from the years of bruising playing for the Philadelphia Flyers.

Cote has become an active cannabis activist, launching the Hemp Heals Foundation to spread the word about the beneficial properties of hemp, a non-psychoactive version of cannabis.

Benefit 3: CBD Can Help Treat Muscle Spasms
Yet another medical application for cannabis is in helping to treat treating muscle spasms.

Cannabis has also shown positive results in lessening muscle spasms associated with diseases like MS, and its benefits could extend to athletes suffering from spasms as well.

MMA Fighter Nick Diaz is a huge advocate of Cannabis saying:

And former UFC heavyweight fighter Kyle Kingsbury says:

Benefit 4: Could Improve Sleep
It’s no secret that THC helps improve the ‘Zzzz’s’, but studies have also found that it can help people with sleep apnea and even suppress dreams, which is beneficial for those suffering from PTSD.

Everyone knows how important getting a good night’s sleep is for overall fitness, so this can be extremely beneficial to your athletic performance.

If you’re currently taking any kind of prescription medication to help you sleep, Cannabis could be the new Sandman in your life.

With thousands of hundreds of humans consuming Cannabis at bedtime, surely they all can’t be wrong!?

Of course, depending on your level of athleticism, and what sport you’re in, Cannabis could either be accepted or outlawed.

Benefit 5: Cannabis May Improve Mental Wellness And Clarity
Whether you’re into meditation, yoga, mindfulness or you just need more focus and mental clarity – Cannabis can help!

Cannabis can help your mental game and focus incredibly. With it’s possible reduction of anxiety, and decrease in calm, finding a CBD product that works best for you can make a world of a difference!

Of 9000 Americans, 81 % of them who took part in a research study said that Cannabis helped relieve anxiety.
I need to re-charge my CANNABIS medicine after reading your post of inspiration!

I used to go a gym with a friend of mine some years back. We would always smoke a joint before going in. Not good on the lungs but allowed me to focus on my work out. Before I knew it the 45 min. was over. Now I vaporize and it helps me when I’m out trying to fast walk. The arthritis pain is still there but doesn’t feel as intense - my joints feel more relaxed. It helps me by about 50% which is huge.
I don’t do strenuous exercises but wanted to add :twocents:

Last edited:
I used to go a gym with a friend of mine some years back. We would always smoke a joint before going in. Not good on the lungs but allowed me to focus on my work out. Before I knew it the 45 min. was over. Now I vaporize and it helps me when I’m out trying to fast walk. The arthritis pain is still there but doesn’t feel as intense - my joints feel more relaxed. It helps me by about 50% which is huge.
I don’t do strenuous exercises but wanted to add :twocents:
I smoke vape with CBD (cannabis) and workout 3 times on week, I am okay with that lol, my health is fine as my muscles

Lockdown over tomorrow so im back to gym...
Been doing bits at home but not the same...

Ill be ruined by weekend....

Cannabis is usually factored into my fun time activities. It works well at snapping me out of my malaise and fatigue. Importantly, I have a number of injuries that physical exercise helps mitigate (very much), so it's important that I get moving.

WO cannabis I can barely get out the door to do those things that makes less of a couch potato of me.....unless I use too much and become one with the couch.

Cannabis is usually factored into my fun time activities. It works well at snapping me out of my malaise and fatigue. Importantly, I have a number of injuries that physical exercise helps mitigate (very much), so it's important that I get moving.

WO cannabis I can barely get out the door to do those things that makes less of a couch potato of me.....unless I use too much and become one with the couch.
COUCH POTATO I’m B-coming?
Exercise my wife viscously perform B-4 sitting in front of her computer screen 2-design stuff?
I love 2-cook stuff?
DAZED, CONFUSED however CIVILIZED I claim?
Your so chill!

I did... it didnt work for me... making it harder means im not pushing my muscles to the extent I usually would.. meaning im not breaking them to repair them...

Cannabis and exercise works fine..
Just not intense strenuous exercise and muscle building... from what I can gather, camnabis actually inhibits muscle growth... still learning

As long as you have the dexterity to use a torch, i wouldnt entertain other heating methods ...
I grew up in a athletic household! (My dad was a jock)
Playing most USA team sport’s in my youth individual sport’s as a unpaid babysitter became popular.
Surfing, Skate boarding, Tennis, Cycling, Snow skiing took president on my focus Boating came before 20’s. ( sailing is a lot of rope ties) I cheat and use a motor these daze!
My wife exercises before she goes to her office?
She say’s, “it’s not possible to sit in front of a couple of computer screen’s with out working out?
My kid’s workout daily & roll CBD OIL after. (Fad maybe?)

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back