Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Cannabis and strenuous exercise

Kellya86

Herb Gardener.....
So the last couple of years since quitting smoking, it's been a landslide of healthy changes to my life....
Started with quitting my 8 cans a day pepsi addiction....
And am now at the point where I am strict paleo, and try to avoid anything with a label....
(But that s really hard without a farm to play with)...
But I'm doing it... and to make my life extra difficult, I'm also in the process of intense training to bulk up, learn kickboxing, and build muscle...
3 things go against me here....

1. I have a stupid metabolism that has never let me gain weight, no matter how hard I try to stuff unhealthy treats in me till I fall asleep with some half eaten chocolate still in my hand..
  2. The paleo diet (not a diet) is sparse for carbs.. this isnt helping...
  3. Cannabis.....
The last one is what I want to discuss...

There is no denying that using cannabis at any point in the day, has a hugely negative impact on my energy levels...

Even if I was to vape at 9am in the morning, And train at 8pm in the evening, id would still feel fatigued, and my training would be wasted...[/FONT]
So what this means for me, is that I'm hardly ever getting to vape anymore...
Like today for instance, iv worked all day, come home, had bath and dinner, and now am about to go kickboxing form 7pm till 9pm..
By the time I get home and jump in another bath, It's half 9.. then by the time im settled and ready to vape, it's nearly 10pm...
Thats bed time for me.. I wake up at 5:30am..

Granted most nights are not this extreme, but it's at least 8:30 before any vape action for me now...

I'm also in the process of reseaching the effects of cannabinoids on muscle growth and recovery... and it's not looking too good right now...
Although it's really good for aching muscles...

So is this just the way it is..???
Or do others find it different..???
@Cuckfumbustion I recently realised how active you are... how does it affect your energy..???

Any other inputs here would be greatly appreciated...

Peace!

Personally I've found a good sativa leaning straon, like a white widow or other Dutch white-ish type hybrid, gives me plenty of energy for physical stuff, as well as focus.

"White" in a strain name is a good sign for me, for instance.

Of course I have peripheral neuropathy, so anything "not pain" is a step towards exercise, so...

Take it with a grain of salt.

Good health to everyone!

@Cuckfumbustion I recently realised how active you are... how does it affect your energy..???
Varies actually. Sometimes the fatigue. Other times I feel like I've hit the reset button or sharpened the focus. Or I'll just fall asleep in my desk chair and feel refreshed in that way. :biggrin: Also have the effect of slow moving fatigue leaving my feet.

There are strains that might make you feel more alert and compelled to go do something. Even housecleaning. Also can be used as a carrot on a stick motivation If you save that special nug for that favorite spot.

Excluding the Indicas and mixed that will couch lock on any level. Also what temp you vape will change the effects somewhat. :twocents: Or if you have a full/empty stomach.

YMMV dept- How and when I select to consume things say like coffee and dark chocolate (more for the high cocoa content then the added sugar) or certain foods can impact me either way. Strong Coffee gives me pep in the AM or helps me relax after working. But can lead to fatigue. And certain coffees at certain roast profiles alters that variable. I also know it drains me of Vitamin C. So I up my C so I'm less likely to coffee fatigue. :juggle: Finding a balance.

Seibo from VXL might have his own take on fitness.

I'm also in the process of reseaching the effects of cannabinoids on muscle growth and recovery... and it's not looking too good right now...
Although it's really good for aching muscles...
I would like to hear more of anything physiological in nature. Especially anything current.
You seem to have a full AM routine and kickboxing in the evening. Some might vape on their lowest temp to not get the heavier effects for the AM and afternoon. Some people have a designated 'T' time:weed: fit in their daily routine. :chill: While others will do it say entirely an hour before they go to bed.

So is this just the way it is..???
Or do others find it different..???
I can find it different. Plus I remain a small amount of skepticism to any study and how they collected the data, etc. If you vape less and enjoy it more and perhaps getting enough of the anti-inflammatory side of the plant then that might be the middle path. :idon'tknow:

Varies actually. Sometimes the fatigue. Other times I feel like I've hit the reset button or sharpened the focus. Or I'll just fall asleep in my desk chair and feel refreshed in that way. :biggrin:[FONT=Open Sans, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif] Also have the effect of slow moving fatigue leaving my feet.

There are strains that might make you feel more alert and compelled to go do something. Even housecleaning. Also can be used as a carrot on a stick motivation If you save that special nug for that favorite spot.

Excluding the Indicas and mixed that will couch lock on any level. Also what temp you vape will change the effects somewhat. :twocents: Or if you have a full/empty stomach.

YMMV dept- How and when I select to consume things say like coffee and dark chocolate (more for the high cocoa content then the added sugar) or certain foods can impact me either way. Strong Coffee gives me pep in the AM or helps me relax after working. But can lead to fatigue. And certain coffees at certain roast profiles alters that variable. I also know it drains me of Vitamin C. So I up my C so I'm less likely to coffee fatigue. :juggle: Finding a balance.

Seibo from VXL might have his own take on fitness.

I would like to hear more of anything physiological in nature. Especially anything current.
You seem to have a full AM routine and kickboxing in the evening. Some might vape on their lowest temp to not get the heavier effects for the AM and afternoon. Some people have a designated 'T' time:weed: fit in their daily routine. :chill: While others will do it say entirely an hour before they go to bed.

I can find it different. Plus I remain a small amount of skepticism to any study and how they collected the data, etc. If you vape less and enjoy it more and perhaps getting enough of the anti-inflammatory side of the plant then that might be the middle path. :idon'tknow:
83xgOD0.jpg

EXERISE? That is all I did?
FUNG FU, SURF, BIKE, GOLF after BASEBALL & TACKLE FOOTBALL
MEDICATING with CANNABIS is LONGEVITY!
EUROPE = SEX & COFFEE = CIVILIZED

how does it affect your energy..???

I vape specifically for the energy it gives me during the day. I find that the Landrace sativas like Durban Poison give me the get up a go to get up and get things done. Also, I've found that a lite hit of concentrate is better for these effects than the bud equivalent.

I don't typically drink caffeine at all but if I vape that Durban Poison after say 5pm, I'll be bouncing off the walls wide awake half way through the night.

Also can be used as a carrot on a stick motivation If you save that special nug for that favorite spot.

It's always been about this for me.. iv always made sure I earned my high...
It's amzing the psychological power of the mind to give you energy when you have something to look forward to...
I notice this seems to be accentuated with people that use class a drugs...
Iv seen paraleticly drunk people drag themselves off the floor and come back to life with the chance of some cocaine...
I really don't condone that by the way...

As far as using sativa for energy goes...
Yeah I get that it gives you a buzz and some definate energy, brilliant for mid level exercise and motivation... but it doesn't convert into actual muscle power...
It knocks a few kilos off what I can lift, and makes the reps harder...
At first I thought this may be a good thing, as it s making strain more.. but I don't think this is the case... it's a backwards step.. I need to be increasing my weights to build muscle...

It also has a negative impact on my balance and coordination... kickboxing has proved this to me...

Anyway it's all good, I'm using much less of my stash, and with the lowereing tolerance, I'm getting higher with less...

I suppose this is how it is now for me, until I reach my goals at least...
I don't mind, life is all about change, and I feel this is a fair trade of to improve myself..

Although I do miss coming home from work and having a nice vape to instantly unwind...
And I also have alot of other stress in my life right now, and sometimes I just wanna say fuck it and get high.. but I can't so have to learn to deal with my frustrations a different way...

For me, it really depends on the level of activity and how much I use. While I can't do the strenuous workouts I used to do (I was a gym junkie for most of my life) I do work out in a therapy pool regularly. What I've found is that using herb before anything aerobic doesn't work for me. It totally slows me down. And back in my gym days I would have the same lack of strength that you are talking about @Kellya86 . I would have to back down on my weights and sometimes on my reps.

But now that my exercise is more stretching and core work, and in the water, I've found that a small dab before I leave for the pool helps motivate me and works me through the pain I have so that I'll actually go. But it has to be one and small or the motivation leaves. I prefer to reward myself afterwards with a few dabs or a vape and relax; knowing that I've gotten my workout in.

I vape specifically for the energy it gives me during the day. I find that the Landrace sativas like Durban Poison give me the get up a go to get up and get things done. Also, I've found that a lite hit of concentrate is better for these effects than the bud equivalent.

I don't typically drink caffeine at all but if I vape that Durban Poison after say 5pm, I'll be bouncing off the walls wide awake half way through the night.
DURBAN POISON is 80% of GIRL SCOUT COOKIES LOVE IT!
3ptZraS.jpg

SWIMMING and CANNABIS = CIVILIZED after DREAM QUEEN!

Rest days are important...
I have 2 rest days a week.. one on a day at the weekend, normally Sunday..
And one mid week (today)...
The kickboxing is pretty intense and really takes it out of me, so tonight is big vape night...

After I get home and do some shopping and a mini workout, (I cant do absolutely nothing or I feel bad), I'm ready to vape...
Because im vaping so much less lately, i look forward to these time far more that I used to...
In my mind I'm planning dabs and kief, and a variety of herbs used in a variety of ways...
It's exciting...

But the unfortunate reality is that after a 0.03 in the vapcap, and 1 elb of evo, I'm gonna be a fuzzy eyed, grinning mess for the duration of the evening....

Even if I cut out the herb and go straight for a dab, that just ruins me for the night, and that ends up being all I use..

Either way I can't moan I suppose...

Rest days are important...
I have 2 rest days a week.. one on a day at the weekend, normally Sunday..
And one mid week (today)...
The kickboxing is pretty intense and really takes it out of me, so tonight is big vape night...

After I get home and do some shopping and a mini workout, (I cant do absolutely nothing or I feel bad), I'm ready to vape...
Because im vaping so much less lately, i look forward to these time far more that I used to...
In my mind I'm planning dabs and kief, and a variety of herbs used in a variety of ways...
It's exciting...

But the unfortunate reality is that after a 0.03 in the vapcap, and 1 elb of evo, I'm gonna be a fuzzy eyed, grinning mess for the duration of the evening....

Even if I cut out the herb and go straight for a dab, that just ruins me for the night, and that ends up being all I use..

Either way I can't moan I suppose...
https://www.leafly.com/hybrid/phantom-cookies
I just had a EBL in my EVO with PHANTOM COOKIES
Before my morning SWIM @Kellya86 CALIFORNIA STRAIN = LOVE this one!
This is one for @CarolKing different than GSC!

https://www.leafly.com/hybrid/phantom-cookies
I just had a EBL in my EVO with PHANTOM COOKIES
Before my morning SWIM @Kellya86 CALIFORNIA STRAIN = LOVE this one!
This is one for @CarolKing different than GSC!

Iv considered swimming.... I know it uses a broad range of muscles, but worry that it burns too many calories..
I have none spare to play with...

Some people would like this curse, but it's been the bane of my life for as long as I can remember...

Lol... if the 'unfortunate reality' is you fuzzy eyed and grinning' it's not so bad. :dog:

I miss being able to vape many times... I enjoy the act of vaping... the evo and vapcap are big single hit sort of devices by nature...

I think iv just realised I miss my solo now... i miss session vaping...
Does this mean I just justified a solo2 @ataxian???

I miss being able to vape many times... I enjoy the act of vaping... the evo and vapcap are big single hit sort of devices by nature...

I think iv just realised I miss my solo now... i miss session vaping...
Does this mean I just justified a solo2 @ataxian???
I love my SOLO of 6 years I believe?
SOLO 2 if you get one and like it I want one!
AIR 2 for errands!

Be CIVILIZED and do what work's for U?
VCAP is it any good? (thinking to hide one in the garden)?

Last edited:
I like to stay in shape, though admittedly I get lazy a lot of times. I find that it is definitely easier to stay fit without cannabis. With cannabis, there are a lot more days where I say "hmm...I don't feel like doing that right now". And you know...I'm actually OK with that. I used to shame myself into thinking I was too lazy, or not strong enough or whatever. But, you know what? I work hard every day and I take good care of my family. As long as I don't slack on that, then I can do whatever the hell I want and feel good about it. As I get older I am learning to relax more.

VCAP is it any good?

It really is... So hard hitting and efficient...
If you can use torch, i think it's one of them must have vapes.. I'm sure @Squiby will agree...
I have 4 of them now....

BOBqYS7.jpg

@voyciz I work hard too and always have, that definitely keeps you in shape... but I don't like my shape and didnt want to keep it...
So iv had to take more drastic action...

Last edited:
It really is... So hard hitting and efficient...
If you can use torch, i think it's one of them must have vapes.. I'm sure @Squiby will agree...
I have 4 of them now....

@voyciz I work hard too and always have, that definitely keeps you in shape... but I don't like my shape and didnt want to keep it...
So iv had to take more drastic action...

Ooh vapcap...I must try :goofy:

I work a desk job, so my daily grind does not keep me in shape. It is quite admirable that you work hard at your sport and stay consistent - props for that! For me it just seems more natural to do what I feel like doing. If I always have the same schedule every day I start to feel like a robot. I don't exercise for looks or anything, just so that I can feel strong, and make sure I can still kick my teenager's ass when I need to (he's as tall as me now).

I don't exercise for looks or anything,

Crap it just occured to me that I may look like a vain prick...
Im not the ripped guy staring at himself in the mirror, posting endless posing topless selfies, and wolf whistling the ladies... far from it.
I am a shy, semi insecure, modest kind of guy with not much self confidence.... just tryimg to better myself.. for me...
And even when all this hard work does eventually pay off, i still wont be obsessed with vanity...
I'm just not like that...

But.. I do want to look better, as well as be fitter and stronger.. my work keeps me pretty strong anyway (carpenter/builder). But I just want to look more normal.. I hope that doesnt make me vain...

And I love your reason for staying in shape..
Cant let these youngens get the better of us..

Also if you haven't tried a vapcap, i suggest you order an 'm', it's the base model, but still kicks arse as much as the high end models...
Its only about $50 I think... or £ or € depending on where you are....

And @ataxian, Like @momofthegoons says, you don't even need to torch now... and you have an evo so you don't even need the pipes heater...
The evo would do it, just to get you started...

you don't even need to torch now... and you have an evo so you don't even need the pipes heater...
The evo would do it, just to get you started...
I did not know that! What a neat tip. :thumbsup:

Crap it just occured to me that I may look like a vain prick...
Not in the least.

I find it admirable that you are trying to better yourself physically. More of us should follow suit. :smile:

I also think its cool that you are so attuned to your body and needs to realize that you can't indulge in as much cannabis while exercising (or don't want/need to). A lot of people would sacrifice their physical well being for the 'buzz.' So kudos. I know you miss the ritualization of vaping... but you could also look forward to that type of indulgence on your 'off day.' :smile:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back