Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Recipe Cannabis Bacon Fat Peanut Butter Cookies

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
" Bacon fat is one of the top three fats to use when extracting the cannabinoids and terpenes found in cannabis and hemp."

Well who knew lol? I thought this was an interesting read and recipe.... I don't know that the added terpenes linked are necessary though.

Cannabis Bacon Fat Peanut Butter Cookies

Editor’s Note: Chef Sebastian Carosi is a virtuoso hemp chef that we connected with recently via Instagram. He was kind enough to offer us this recipe for Cannabis Bacon Fat Peanut Butter cookies, which can be made with CBD (or psychoactive cannabis where available).

Look for Chef Sebastian at the Texas Hemp Convention next week in Dallas, where we hope to try a few of his infused treats. About the convention, the chef told us:

I’m super excited to be part of the Texas hemp convention, helping to educate new states about cannabis and hemp as they become medically and recreationally available to the public.

It is vitally important and necessary to me as an award winning, nationally recognized farm-to-fork chef that has been cooking with cannabis since the early 90’s to let people know that there is more to consuming hemp and cannabis than in candy form made with sugar. I’m educating the general public about clean cannabis consumption through food as my primary focus.

Eat your greens!

Using hemp or cannabis bacon fat
Over the years I have infused cannabinoids into a tremendous amount of things, from high octane alcohols, to MCT oil, grapeseed oil, hemp seed oil, creamery butter, coconut oil, and extra virgin olive oil.

But the most exciting of all the fats I have use to help bind to all of the readily available cannabinoids in cannabis has got to be bacon fat. Preferably rendered from heritage bread pork belly smoked over applewood, or what other folks call bacon.

PB-Cookies-20190419_224913-1024x768.jpg

I realize that 99% of the previously mentioned fats and oils are plant derived but according to an article I read in the June 1, 2016 issue of High Times Magazine, bacon fat is one of the top three fats to use when extracting the cannabinoids and terpenesfound in cannabis and hemp.

First off, I couldn’t be happier when I heard the results of the study on bacon fat and cannabinoids. Secondly, I had no frickin’ idea that there was such a study. As a professional chef of over 25 years who has been proudly cooking with cannabis since the early 90’s, cannabis bacon fat only made sense.

So over the years I have transformed this super simple, traditional peanut butter cookie recipe that has floated around the family cookie archives for decades to include a couple of full spectrum cannabis products that will help mellow situations and liven up the conversation at any event (cannabis tends to do that). Do not skip the light sprinkle of sea salt flakes, it’s a palette pleasing addition.

(and just to help clear up any future questions that may appear in my in-box, duck fat works just as well)

Recipe: Cannabis Bacon Fat Peanut Butter Cookies
Prep time: 15 minutes

Cook time: 10 minutes

Servings: about 24 cookies

Total Cannabinoids: Depends in potency of products used

EQUIPMENT
  • Stand mixer or handheld mixer
  • 2 stainless mixing bowls
  • Measuring cups + spoons
  • Rubber spatula
  • Parchment lined baking sheet,
  • Spatula,
  • Wire rack
Editor’s Note: You can use the old fashioned, double boiler method to create infused bacon fat and vanilla, but Chef Sebastian recommends using the MagicalButter MB2e.

INGREDIENTS
  • 1/2 cup cannabis bacon fat
  • 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
  • 1 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1 tsp cannabis vanilla
  • 1 large farm egg
  • 1 1/2 cups Al-Purpose Flour
  • 1 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
  • 1 tbsp Jacobsen sea salt flakes
  • 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
  • 1 drop True Terpenes Beta Caryophyllene
Directions

• Preheat an oven to 350°.
  • In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a stainless bowl with an electric mixer, beat the bacon fat, peanut butter, peanuts and sugar until the mixture lightens in color and the mixture becomes creamy (2 to 3 minutes).
  • Add the egg and terpenes, keep beating until completely incorporated.
  • In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and kosher salt.
  • Slowly add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture, mixing until all of the ingredients are combined well.
  • Roll the dough into balls about 1 inch around. place the cookie dough about 1 inch apart on a parchment lined baking sheet and gently press the top of each cookie dough ball with a fork dipped in granulated sugar to make a crisscross pattern.
  • Sprinkle the cookie tops with the sea salt flakes.
  • Bake the cookies for 9 to 10 minutes, until barely browned around the edges. Do not overbake the cookies. The cookies may appear slightly puffed, but it’s all good, they are ok.
  • Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.
  • Then carefully transfer the dank ‘n delicate cookies to a wire rack to cool completely before devouring.

@Whisper hi there, no never got to it.. Perhaps during chiller holiday months, Did you have any interest in baking them? it's been so fargin hot this summer, and our Hvac unit has been nothing but trouble, any mention of turning on ovens is recieved with scowls and stern grimaces. :shakehead:
@Helios Did you ever make these? I'm thinking of baking a big batch of bacon and try this. It does sound intriguing.
I hear you on using the oven. :lmao:I try to bake only early in the morning so I don't get the scowls. I'm really interested in the infused bacon fat. I had some questions and I couldn't find a lot of information. I'm just guessing that it has the same basic properties as butter being a animal fat. I'm just wondering infusion times and temps. I think I'm going to make some cookies with the infused fat. I just need a little more herb. It does sound delightfully sinful . :hungry:

I had some questions and I couldn't find a lot of information. I'm just guessing that it has the same basic properties as butter being a animal fat. I'm just wondering infusion times and temps.
The article above seems to indicate that you make it the same way that you would make any infused oil. Seems to me you would need an awful lot of bacon fat to do that lol. I'm thinking of trying to infuse it the 'small batch' way.... that I posted here. The oil process starts around the 2:34 mark.... They don't say how much oil you use, but I'm guessing it's about 1/2 c. since that's the amount of butter they use in the first part of the vid. They process it for 4 hours before adding it to the recipe.

I can see I need to add bacon to my shopping list LOL!

The article above seems to indicate that you make it the same way that you would make any infused oil. Seems to me you would need an awful lot of bacon fat to do that lol. I'm thinking of trying to infuse it the 'small batch' way.... that I posted here. The oil process starts around the 2:34 mark.... They don't say how much oil you use, but I'm guessing it's about 1/2 c. since that's the amount of butter they use in the first part of the vid. They process it for 4 hours before adding it to the recipe.

I can see I need to add bacon to my shopping list LOL!
I was thinking the same thing. That's a lot of bacon fat :lmao: As much as I'm a fan of animal fat in general I have to watch my stents! The doctors tend to frown on new stents getting clogged ! :rofl:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back