Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Topical Cannabis Bath Salts and Bath Bombs

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
I've been making a version of this for several years now. I've added infused oil (usually a mix of olive and coconut) with essential oils and also used the mash left over from making the infused oil. If you use the mash, you will need a muslim bag to put the salts in so that the cannabis 'debris' doesn't get all over you and the tub. Just hang it on the spout and let the water run through it into the bath. Be warned; this makes for a very slippery tub and bather. It's fabulous for aches and pains or just relaxing. Can also be used as a foot bath... or for whatever needs a good soak.

My husband was my first guinea pig for this stuff (and how I know you need a muslim bag for it if you use the mash). He doesn't take baths. Too antsy. So we run the bath and he gets in. I go and do some other housework for a little bit figuring he'll be out in no more than 10 minutes being as antsy as he is. Ten minutes go by... 15.... now it's 20 minutes later and I'm starting to worry. Half hour goes by and I check on him. He's laying back with this shit eating grin on his face saying he's really relaxed but.... and he holds up his hand... "You've got to do something about this green shit." There was pulverized herb stuck in his cuticles and.... everywhere else. Lmao he needed a shower after. And the tub was a mess.

Another tip; clean the tub right away while it's still warm. Especially if you use coconut oil because it sets up. Scrubbing Bubbles works just fine and is quite easy. If you get it right away. :cool:

Marijuana Bath Salts: Easy DIY How-To Instructions for Cannabis in the Tub

If you know how to infuse oil for cooking with cannabis (click here for directions if you don’t), you have the skills (and the product) you need to make delightful medicated marijuana bath salts!

This citrus scented recipe is both invigorating, due to it’s lemony scent, and relaxing, due to marijuana infused epsom salts. Pour a cup or so into the tub and enjoy! These also make a fabulous homemade gift.

A Money Saving Infused Topicals Tip
When infusing oil for making cannabis topicals, you can use the same material you would use for edibles — bud and/or or trimmings. You can also save some bucks by using your leftover already vaped weed AKA duff. Sure a lot of the cannabinoids are gone, but there are still lots left. If making an oil infusion from the toasty vape leftovers, use about twice the amount of cannabis you would normally use when making canna-oil, otherwise the process is the same. Some people like to cook with this oil too. I find it gives me a headache, so I don’t usually bother, but it is great for using when making topicals like these marijuana bath salts.

bath-salt.jpg

Ingredients for making Marijuana Bath Salts

How To Make Marijuana Bath Salts
  1. Gather you materials. You will need: Epsom salts; an orange and a lemon; cannabis infused olive oil or coconut oit; essential oils: any combination of lemon, orange, lime, and/or bergamot.
  2. Zest the citrus. Use a fine grater or microplaner to remove the zest from the orange and lemon. The zest is just the outer part of the fruit where the color and essential oils are. Adding zest to our marijuana bath salts will give them color and a little additional scent. Stop grating just short of the inner white pith.
  3. Combine ingredients. In a large bowl, combine 4 cups of epsom salts, the zest from the orange and lemon, 1/4 cup cannabis infused oil, and about 20 drops of essential oil. Put on rubber gloves and use your hands to mix well until all ingredients are well combined.
  4. Package it. Store your bath salts in glass jars. Add about 3/4 to 1 cup per bath and enjoy!

I've been making a version of this for several years now. I've added infused oil (usually a mix of olive and coconut) with essential oils and also used the mash left over from making the infused oil. If you use the mash, you will need a muslim bag to put the salts in so that the cannabis 'debris' doesn't get all over you and the tub. Just hang it on the spout and let the water run through it into the bath. Be warned; this makes for a very slippery tub and bather. It's fabulous for aches and pains or just relaxing. Can also be used as a foot bath... or for whatever needs a good soak.

My husband was my first guinea pig for this stuff (and how I know you need a muslim bag for it if you use the mash). He doesn't take baths. Too antsy. So we run the bath and he gets in. I go and do some other housework for a little bit figuring he'll be out in no more than 10 minutes being as antsy as he is. Ten minutes go by... 15.... now it's 20 minutes later and I'm starting to worry. Half hour goes by and I check on him. He's laying back with this shit eating grin on his face saying he's really relaxed but.... and he holds up his hand... "You've got to do something about this green shit." There was pulverized herb stuck in his cuticles and.... everywhere else. Lmao he needed a shower after. And the tub was a mess.

Another tip; clean the tub right away while it's still warm. Especially if you use coconut oil because it sets up. Scrubbing Bubbles works just fine and is quite easy. If you get it right away. :cool:

Marijuana Bath Salts: Easy DIY How-To Instructions for Cannabis in the Tub

If you know how to infuse oil for cooking with cannabis (click here for directions if you don’t), you have the skills (and the product) you need to make delightful medicated marijuana bath salts!

This citrus scented recipe is both invigorating, due to it’s lemony scent, and relaxing, due to marijuana infused epsom salts. Pour a cup or so into the tub and enjoy! These also make a fabulous homemade gift.

A Money Saving Infused Topicals Tip
When infusing oil for making cannabis topicals, you can use the same material you would use for edibles — bud and/or or trimmings. You can also save some bucks by using your leftover already vaped weed AKA duff. Sure a lot of the cannabinoids are gone, but there are still lots left. If making an oil infusion from the toasty vape leftovers, use about twice the amount of cannabis you would normally use when making canna-oil, otherwise the process is the same. Some people like to cook with this oil too. I find it gives me a headache, so I don’t usually bother, but it is great for using when making topicals like these marijuana bath salts.

bath-salt.jpg

Ingredients for making Marijuana Bath Salts

How To Make Marijuana Bath Salts
  1. Gather you materials. You will need: Epsom salts; an orange and a lemon; cannabis infused olive oil or coconut oit; essential oils: any combination of lemon, orange, lime, and/or bergamot.
  2. Zest the citrus. Use a fine grater or microplaner to remove the zest from the orange and lemon. The zest is just the outer part of the fruit where the color and essential oils are. Adding zest to our marijuana bath salts will give them color and a little additional scent. Stop grating just short of the inner white pith.
  3. Combine ingredients. In a large bowl, combine 4 cups of epsom salts, the zest from the orange and lemon, 1/4 cup cannabis infused oil, and about 20 drops of essential oil. Put on rubber gloves and use your hands to mix well until all ingredients are well combined.
  4. Package it. Store your bath salts in glass jars. Add about 3/4 to 1 cup per bath and enjoy!
Sounds delightful, Mom. My one question is that just in the last couple of days I read an article, posted by yourself I believe, that contained some info on ppm of THC via topical (that is, absorbed through the skin) vice vaping/smoking/eating and it seemed like the topical had fairly low absorption through the skin. But the article did mention that for spot type treatment (i.e. localized anti-inflammatory effect) it could work well.

Not sure I read the article correctly, but this also kind of took the wind out of my sails a bit regarding transdermal patches which are being sold here now. I was looking for longer acting effects to get me through the night without having to get up and vape a couple of time and thought the patches might do well....now, not so sure.

But you have been using these salts, yes? And you can feel the relief?

this also kind of took the wind out of my sails a bit regarding transdermal patches which are being sold here now
For one thing; I would make your own patches. There's no reason to pay the kind of money you will have to pay at a dispensary there.

Any time you try to absorb through the skin it's not going to get you high; to start with. You are getting mostly CBD and not THC. I make no claim that these salts will totally take away pain. But.... mmj patients that have tried my salts love them and say they get tremendous relief from them. Some of those patients have chronic back problems. I think the combination of the hot water, infused oil and the epsom salts (which help for pain in themselves) help relax and sooth. Whether that alone would last you the whole night I'm not sure.

My advice for a good night's sleep? Take an infused bath before bed and then take an edible. My bet is it's the best night's sleep you'll have had in a long time. :biggrin:

Great recipe motg! I'm going to make these soon. Quick question, when you grate the citrus do you freeze them first? What has been your favorite concoction of mixed eo? I only have lemongrass, will that work with lemon and orange zest with salts and cannaoil? Thanks!!!!

I should probably have stated that my version doesn't use the grated citrus zest. But I can see where it would be a nice addition since both lemons and oranges have oils in the rind.

when you grate the citrus do you freeze them first?
No. But they should be fairly fresh or the rind toughens. And as the recipe above states, don't go into the pith (white part).

What has been your favorite concoction of mixed eo? I only have lemongrass, will that work with lemon and orange zest with salts and cannaoil?
It depends on what I want the bath 'to do.' For relaxation I would probably use lavender, peppermint, eucalyptus.... if for pain I would use wintergreen, rosemary, peppermint and eucalyptus. For anxiety I would use lavender, peppermint and bergamot.

And I would think lemongrass would go well with the lemon and orange... yes. But remember... you are going to smell like whatever you put in it. So make sure you like the scents you put in. :wink:

bathing-in-cannabis-with-cbd-bath-bombs-great-for-fibromyalgia-and-improving-sleep-650x340.jpg

Bathing in Cannabis with CBD Bath Bombs! Great for Fibromyalgia and Improving Sleep

The most common symptoms of fibromyalgia include chronic muscle pain, trigger points (tender points), and chronic fatigue, as well as headaches, anxiety, insomnia, and digestive problems.

Unfortunately, there is no cure for this painful condition so far, but there are effective ways to relieve its signs and symptoms. Apparently, fibromyalgia sufferers can benefit a lot from scented CBD bath bombs.

CBD, or cannabidiol, is derived from the hemp plant. It offers a myriad of health benefits and does not produce any psychoactive effects. The findings of a study conducted on medical cannabis by Laura M. Borgelt, Kari Lanette Franson, and Abraham M. Nussbaum showed that it relieves pain and muscle aches.

According to preliminary research, these are some of the benefits of CBD:

• It treats anxiety
  • Fights inflammation
  • Treats acne
  • Reduces nicotine cravings
  • Treats epilepsy
  • Slows the progression of Alzheimer’s disease
When it comes to its effects in the treatment of fibromyalgia, according to Very Well Health:

“A 2017 paper published in Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Targets suggested CBD as a possible way to diminish the activity of brain cells called glia, which leads to central sensitization.

That’s a major feature of fibromyalgia and other central sensitivity syndromes such as chronic fatigue syndrome, irritable bowel syndrome, and migraine.

Fibromyalgia also involves something called endocannabinoid deficiency. That’s the system that deals with your body’s natural endocannabinoids as well as cannabis products that you may take in. That makes cannabis products a promising treatment.

A 2016 review published in Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research found evidence that CBD is effective in migraine and irritable bowel syndrome, which are related to fibromyalgia.

It also stated that some cannabis-based treatments appeared effective for fibromyalgia. The authors stated that CBD is often preferable to patients due to the high and other effects associated with THC.

Several studies have suggested that CBD can fight inflammation. Fibromyalgia isn’t currently classified as an inflammatory condition, but research suggests that at least some cases may involve inflammation of a body-wide web of connective tissue called the fascia.”

Before purchasing a CBD product, make sure you do some research. Buy it within the country, where products are closely regulated and standardized, and make sure it has a certificate of analysis (COA), which lists the CBD and THC content. Moreover, you should know that “hemp oil” is lower in cannabidiol than “CBD oil” so it is not as effective.

Now, here is how to make these DIY CBD bath bombs:

Ingredients:

• 100mg CBD oil
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil
  • 1/2 cup Epsom salt
  • 1/2 cup corn starch
  • 1 cup baking soda
  • 1/2 cup citric acid
  • 1 teaspoon water
  • Natural food coloring (optional)
  • 30-40 drops of lavender essential oil (optional)
Instructions:

In a large bowl, whisk corn starch, baking soda, citric acid, and Epsom salt.

In another bowl, mix the CBD oil, water, coconut oil, and essential oils and food coloring. Then, add this mixture to the first one.

Mix well, and mold the mixture with the bath bomb mold. Leave them to dry for at least 24 hours.

Then, add one to your warm, soothing bath, and enjoy!

And another recipe....

Homemade THC bath bombs and cannabis bath salts recipesda9edf5b053515066abd7ae2978c9e28.jpeg

Cannabis bath bombs are a fun way to relax and soak up some of the many benefits from marijuana oils which will include either CBD or THC and sometimes even both. THC bath bombs are often used as a topical treatment for pain while those with higher CBD content are used for their anti-inflammatory properties to help relieve pain and stiff joints right at the source. Ever wondered how to make cannabis bath salts? If so then you’re in the right place, read on and follow these steps to make your own in no time!

Marijuana bath bombs recipe

This recipe can be used to make both THC bath bombs or CBD bath bombs, and that adjustment is made in the oil you choose to use as a base. Once you are finished, you should have two large bath bombs to enjoy. Play with different scents and fragrances to find the ones that relax you the most. This will add an aromatic effect which can be beneficial for both the mind and body.

Ingredients

• 8 ounces of baking soda
  • 4 ounces of Epsom salts
  • 2 ounces of cornstarch
  • 3 teaspoons of water
  • 4 ounces of citric acid
  • 2 teaspoons of skin safe fragrance oil (optional)
  • 1 teaspoon of infused tincture or oil (whatever strength of either CBD or THC that you prefer)
  • 4 drops of food coloring
Tools

• 2 round molds
  • 1 large mixing bowl per color
  • 1 plastic mixing spoon per color
Instructions

1. Pour all your dry ingredients into one large mixing bowl and mix until all the ingredients are well blended.
  2. Now you will want to either separate the mixture in two halves if you are making two different colored marijuana bath bombs. Skip this step if you are wanting both of your THC bath bombs the same color.
  3. Add all the wet ingredients except for the food coloring and mix it well. If you are making two separate colors, each ingredient will need to be split in half before being added.
  4. The best way to color bath bombs is by dropping one or two drops of food coloring for each marijuana bath bomb you are making. This should be done immediately before pressing the mixture into molds for the brightest effect.
  5. Once the color has been added to the base and mixed in you should be able to squeeze the clump into a circular shape with your hands. Do that and then squish it into a bath bomb mold.
  6. Put the filled bath bomb molds in a safe space to set and dry. This should take approximately 30 minutes, but for bombs that are easy to remove with the least risk for damage, it is recommended to wait 3-4 hours for some of the moisture to leave it which makes it harder and shrink a bit making it easier to remove.
  7. Enjoy your freshly made cannabis bath bombs. Simply drop one into the tub right before you get in and soak up the all-natural goodness.

Cannabis bath salt recipe

Athletes often use bath salts after an intense workout to soothe torn and swollen muscles. These infused cannabis bath salts work in the same way only have additional benefits depending on the cannabinoid content that is added. The first thing you need to do before learning how to make cannabis bath salts is head to your nearest department store for a few items you will need.

Time to Make: 10 minutes

Makes: Enough cannabis bath salt for two baths.

Ingredients

• 2 cups of Epsom salts
  • 1 teaspoon of cannabis oil (THC or CBD or Full Spectrum)
  • 20 drops of skin safe fragrance oils
Tools

• 1 large mixing bowl
  • 1 plastic spatula
  • sealable containers to store the infused bath salts
How to make cannabis bath salts

1. Pour the Epsom salts into a large mixing bowl.
  2. Evenly sprinkle the cannabis oil and fragrance oils over the Epsom salt.
  3. Blend well.
  4. Enjoy by adding half to one hot steaming bath. Soak for 30-30 minutes to see the best results.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back