Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Recipe Cannabis Caramels

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
These are super easy to make... Using a candy thermometer is advised.

Ingredients

1 cup cannabis butter

2 1/4 cups brown sugar

Dash of salt

1 cup light corn syrup

1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk

1 tsp vanilla

Directions

Prepare a 9 x 13 pan by lining with tin foil so that the sides of the foil overlap the sides of the pan (for lifting the caramels out). Spray with non stick spray.

Melt butter. Add brown sugar and salt. Stir until combined.

Stir in corn syrup. Gradually add milk; stirring constantly.

Cook and stir over medium heat until candy reaches firm ball stage (245°F); about 12 - 15 minutes.

Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour into the prepared pan and let cool.

Pull the candy out of the pan by the foil. Remove from foil, cut into pieces and wrap in waxed paper.

An added note on Mom's Caramel recipe
I use 9X9 glass pan for thicker caramels and a smaller "slab" to work with afterwards.
Mom's Foil technique works great, but I use the glass for smooth looking caramels
I wipe it down with butter so it leaves the glass easily.
Once caramels reach the temp that Mom described, you will have to decide if you want soft or hard caramel. If it is winter go to 250º if it is summer you must go a bit higher.. to keep the finished caramels from melting or being too soft.
When caramel is firm, use butter knives and metal spatula to lift it out of pan. It could take 1-3 hours for the batch to be firm and cooled. it is easier to remove if still slightly warm to touch. Use a Butcher knife to cut candy into 1-inch squares (smaller is great!!). Wrap each piece in clear plastic wrap to keep it good. Always refrigerate them.
A hint....
While soft, melt in the mouth caramels are a treat, the firmer caramels provide more medication. Soft ones get swallowed faster, and more get eaten.. and the digestion intestinally is slow. Firmer candy sits in mouth longer and affects you intra-bucally and sub-lingually and in throat membranes as you swallow.
The stomach has other work to do, so this takes time if swallowed and not dissolved.

Last edited:
This really is one of the easiest edibles to make. The whole trick is making sure they are really cold and hard before you cut them. I added a gram of decarbed concentrate to my butter before making these so that one would be a dose. One for mellow.... two for blasted.

IMG_3284.jpg

IMG_3288.jpg

Limited time at computer and much rest.
Goggles for a week.....
Old Man huge sunglasses for 3 weeks outdoors.
No use of old glasses, must use magnifying glass for a month and then will get new prescriptions.
Distance vision is good, colors are brighter than I remember.
Thanks for the well wishes.

I'm thinking of making another batch of these caramels... and found this mold on Amazon that I'm thinking of buying. I had some issues cutting the finished caramels into pieces last time and thought this might be an easier option. It would also help the doses be equal since when you cut them by hand they ultimately end up being different sizes.

Anyone tried making them using a mold?

618A4PP-mML._SL1032_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FZ1MK5D/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A356IDMNT46LJY&psc=1

So I made my caramels (recipe in OP) yesterday and figured I'd do a little pictorial of the process:

First off, I always suggest getting all your stuff together before you get started. You don't want to be measuring or opening up cans or bottles while you are already cooking. Mise en place.

IMG_5221.jpg

I decarbed a gram of shatter in the oven at 225°F until the bubbles pretty much stopped. Make sure you use an oven safe container. I used glass so I could see what was going on easily.

IMG_5222.jpg

Meanwhile I melted my canna butter in a pan over very low heat until just melted.

IMG_5224.jpg

While the decarbed shatter was still hot, I mixed in some of the melted butter, then added the whole thing to the pan of melted butter. Make sure it's combined well.

That gets mixed with your brown sugar and salt.

IMG_5225.jpg

Once this is combined well, you add in your corn syrup and combine well.

IMG_5226.jpg

And then your condensed milk.

IMG_5227.jpg

All of this gets mixed together and then you cook for around 15 minutes over medium heat; stirring constantly. You want to make sure you get the mixture to 245°F or the caramels wont be hard enough. And I cannot stress this enough. I was sure the caramels were starting to burn and that my thermometer was broken and stopped too early. Hence... my caramels have to be stored in the fridge or they wont come off the wrappers. I was so worked up that I forgot to take a pic before pouring the caramel into the molds... :doh:

Anyway... once it has hit 245° (and it may take longer than 15 minutes.... I know I felt like I was stirring for an hour) you are ready to add your vanilla and pour into your prepared pan or molds. I will go on record as saying I LOVE these molds. Worth every penny not to have to cut the caramels and assures you of dosage control since they are the same size. I just poured and then used a spatula to get the caramel mixture into all the grooves. You want to get it off the 'dividers' as much as possible for ease of removal.

IMG_5232.jpg

I also took @Vitolo 's advice and bought the clear cell wraps instead of using waxed paper. Great idea.

So here are the finished caramels....

IMG_5234.jpg

After eating all the little bits off the molds and then a whole one before bed... I can honestly say I don't remember a thing after my head hit the pillow last night. :dog:

Every Dec 1st since 1969 I have made my special caramels.
Today is no different!
This half pound of CannaButter:
128684176-10222940545769537-8117175683920993172-n.jpg

is now this 2 pounds of Caramels:
128748481-10222940546729561-8616691556140063552-o.jpg

... to be wrapped in Cellophane wrappers over the next 24 hours.
Just did not want anyone to think that production here has slowed down!~

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back