Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Recipe Cannabis Infused Hot Chocolate Bombs

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member

hot-chocolate-bombs.jpg

When you pour hot milk over these Cannabis-Infused Hot Chocolate Bombs, they melt and magically release the marshmallows and cocoa hiding inside!

Perfect for a cold, damp or dreary day – or a fantastic way to start new traditions with your Cannabis-loving friends and family!

We’re always looking to have an experience, right?

Be it with the kinds of weed edibles we consume, the strains of weed we smoke, and even in the day to day of our busy lives – we want experiences!

Making these yummy bombs gives you an experience unlike no other decadent hot beverage out there!

Watch as you pour your hot milk over top of your homemade chocolate bombs and enjoy the show!

The best part is that a few hours later?

You’ll get another fantastic experience that’s buzzing and bursting with chocolate-y vibes.

Hot chocolate bombs or hot cocoa bombs are cute surprise balls of chocolate that you put into a mug.

It’s super cute and you can make SO many flavor variations!

Cannabis-Infused Hot Chocolate Bombs are Easy to Make​

And everyone will love them with weed.. all you need is a few simple ingredients and Cannabis sugar.

Once you’ve got your sweet sugar prepared, you can create so many other tasty recipes!

Nothing better than Whipped Cream on hot chocolate right? Right!

Add in some homemade Cannabis Whipped Cream too!

whipped-canna-cream.jpg

Dreamy whipped cream with weed...

Equipment​

• Double Boiler
  • Tupperware container
  • Cheese Cloth
  • Teaspoons, Tablespoons & Measuring Cups

Ingredients​

• 1/2 ounce cannabis, finely ground
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp powdered sugar

Instructions​

• Heat heavy cream and cannabis in double boiler over medium heat.
  • Simmer for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
  • Remove the boiler from the heat and let the mixture cool
  • Prepare your Tupperware container by taking 2 sheets of the cheese cloth and securing it over the lid of the container. Check to see if your cream mixture is is cool enough to handle.
  • Pour the cream slowly over the top of the cheesecloth and into the container. Repeat this step as necessary to strain all of the plant material from the cream.
  • After a few minutes pour the cream into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator until cold.
  • Pour the cold cream into a large bowl. Whip the cream until it is thick enough for your tastes.
  • Beat in the vanilla extract and sugar gently. Over-beating will result in lumpy whipped cream
  • Serve and enjoy. Keep refrigerated.

Cannabis-Infused Hot Chocolate Bombs​

anigifzerazx_1024x1024@2x.gif

Note: If you want to take it up a notch, use Cannabis Milk Instead of regular milk – but we always caution you to use the mantra: ‘low and slow’ when it comes to weed edibles.

Equipment​

• Glass bowl
  • Whisk and Spatula
  • Double Boiler
  • Measuring spoons
  • Oven Mitts
  • Brownie Pop or Cake Pop Molds – Silicone

Ingredients​

• 4 cups Chocolate Chips – Dark The darker the better!
  • 2-4 tbsp Cannabis Sugar 2 tbps to blend in the melted chocolate afterward. Save 1-2 tbsp for decoration after.
  • 1 cup Dry Hot Cocoa Mix Your fav brand. You'll need to tbsp the mix into each of the completed shells – so 1 cup may work, or you may need a little more or less.
  • 1/2 cup Candy Melts or White Chocolate Melted and save for decoration after.

Instructions​

• Using your double boiler melt the chocolate chips over hot water.
  • Remove from heat, and stir in your Cannabis sugar until melted/dissolved.
  • Using a scoop or spoon, fill your silicone molds with the melted chocolate about 3/4 – 1/2 way full. ( depending on the size of your molds)
  • Then, use a teaspoon to swirl and stick the chocolate around the sides to form the shells. You'll need to make sure there are no holes, and that you've evenly smoothed out the chocolate on all sides.
  • Next, put them in the freezer in the molds, to harden for at least 20 min.

When you remove them, to avoid broken bombs:

1) Stretch the mold a little bit around the shells – gently.

2) Flip your mold over and push the balls out from the bottom onto a towel to cushion the fall.

3) Then, just pop them back into the molds for now, loosely.

FILL THEM UP!​

• Pack each half shell with 5 or 6 mini marshmallows. Then, put your dry hot cocoa mix inside over top. A few tbsp's per shell will do. Nesquik dissolves smoothly, but you can choose whatever brand you love.

NEXT STEP​

• Top them with a last layer of melted chocolate! Use about a teaspoon full of the melted chocolate left over. Slide it gently on top with the spatula and seal all the edges in, covering all of the fun stuff inside.
  • Place them back in the freezer for another 20 minutes or more and remove them carefully, the same way you did above.

DECORATING YOUR CANNABIS HOT CHOCOLATE BOMBS​

• Using candy melts or melting some white chocolate or milk chocolate in your double boiler, (same as above) you can drizzle chocolate on top and add a bit more Cannabis sugar. Let it dry. Be creative here!

THE EXPERIENCE​

• Make some nice, hot milk. Fill your mug about 3/4 full of the hot milk, drop in your Hot Cocoa Bomb, and stir! Enjoy the experience and later? You'll REALLY enjoy the experience!

EXTRA DECADENCE?​

• Once you've experienced the "bomb", you can top off your hot chocolate with Cannabis Whipped Cream.

Working on some infused treats this weekend
IMG_20201210_091616.jpg
IMG_20201210_091850.jpg
IMG_20201210_091855.jpg
IMG_20201210_091904.jpg
IMG_20201210_091939.jpg
IMG_20201206_125521.jpg

This is a practice hot cocoa bomb
In the infused version it will use the above chocolate syrup, but only a teaspoon mixed with powdered hot cocoa mix
I accidentally put 40 grams into the syrup and have to clear a full day to gauge the potency
Peppermint patty next, infuse the mint fondant with the below syrup
IMG_20201210_110609.jpg
IMG_20201210_110759.jpg

Mom, how do your bombs hold up so well?
I abandoned the spheres, kept breaking them when I handle them, I can use a spatula for these, basically I'm only good for demolition and this requires some touch to do
Should have searched chocolate bombs before posting
Just trying out a simple syrup project from psychedelic Sam on another site
Trying to remove as much cannabis taste as possible
IMG_20201209_141649.jpg
IMG_20201209_140232.jpg

Making celite cakes to help with the filtering, using vape tincture to practice and ended up here to see if there is anything in avb
Sorry you have to merge my posts, ill try to be more mindful, still very new to forums
IMG_20201210_162952.jpg
IMG_20201210_163119.jpg
IMG_20201210_163221.jpg
IMG_20201210_170552.jpg

This is the avb tincture after a carbon scrub and filter with celite 545, 2 passes, first just celite bed with carbon on top and then some carbon added directly to the first pass tincture and then run through the same celite and carbon bed
Yes, I'm bored!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Mom, how do your bombs hold up so well?
I wish I could take credit for those.... but they are not mine. That is a recipe from Cannadish. Frankly... I wondered the same thing about the round silicone molds. I like your idea much better.

Sorry you have to merge my posts, ill try to be more mindful, still very new to forums
No worries. It isn't a big deal for me to do a bit of housekeeping. :smile:

giphy-33.gif

Today weed can be used in many different ways. I used to think you could only buy weed, but it turns out not. I tried smoking a vape with CBD-based liquid a few times, but I didn't like it. Recently I decided to try making a marijuana cocktail. I found a proven recipe on the internet; you can get more information about it. I did everything exactly as described in the recipe, and I got a delicious cocktail, the effect of which is comparable to smoking marijuana.

Moderator note: Affiliate link removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today weed can be used in many different ways. I used to think you could only buy weed, but it turns out not. I tried smoking a vape with CBD-based liquid a few times, but I didn't like it. Recently I decided to try making a marijuana cocktail. I found a proven recipe on the internet; you can get more information about it. I did everything exactly as described in the recipe, and I got a delicious cocktail, the effect of which is comparable to smoking marijuana.

Moderator note: Affiliate link removed.

Homemade video of you following the recipe exactly or it didn't happen

On a serious note, be very careful about purchasing ANY commercial cbd products
Most are not good for you
Lots of new flower with differing ratios of thc and cbd that are getting great reviews
Learn your own extraction and concentration method
IMG_20220909_131922.jpg

Hemp flower about to be decarbed
Cold ethanol extraction and reduction into coconut oil
In the freezer at the moment

@momofthegoons (Stangely, the quote-button didn't work)

Wow!! I'd love to try this recipe out. :chef:
So, you have tried it out? Did it turn out well/tasty/strong? :science:
I have not. I never got around to buying the molds I would need. However @Tincandtoke made them here.

Now that the weather is getting cooler this would be a great project to get into though. I'll have to revisit and get those molds ordered.

I have not. I never got around to buying the molds I would need.

I definitely need to wait before trying it out for I don't have enough :weed: ....In the future.

Oh yes, I saw @Tingadtoke made some edibles with chocolate but because they didn't look like the ones on this picture:

choco.JPG

but I think to understand that this was just a picture meant as introduction to the topic of your thread.:biggrin:
https://vaporasylum.com/threads/cannabis-infused-hot-chocolate-bombs.1265/post-63911
Now that the weather is getting cooler this would be a great project to get into though. I'll have to revisit and get those molds ordered.

Have fun with it!

I have not. I never got around to buying the molds I would need. However @Tincandtoke made them here.

I use the flat round molds instead of the spherical
My sausage fingers kept breaking the spheres when putting the two halves together
Nothing worse than a 50 year old sitting at the counter crying, covered in chocolate, having an existential crisis
Use mini marshmallows and cut those in half
IMG_20220913_075924.jpg

The mold on the right is a flat round that is a little easier to handle

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back