Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Recipe Cannabis Oil Powder

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
According to the following article, edible highs will kick in much faster using cannabis oil powder. Recipe follows:

Edibles high will kick in 3 times as fast using cannabis oil powder

Cannabis oil powder for edibles have already hit legal marijuana markets. With time, they may completely change the way we cook with weed – or consume cannabis in general. And now we finally have the recipe for it, and it’s super easy. Recipe video is below.

Although individual manufacturers offer different variations on the technology, all versions follow the same approach. Cannabinoids, like THC or CBD, are encapsulated with a starch or other carbohydrate. When this happens, the nanoscopic cannabinoid droplet behaves like a sugar, and sugars can dissolve in water, unlike oil.

But more importantly, when you put cannabis powder in your mouth, it starts absorbing immediately through your carbohydrate uptake pathways. Your body recognizes it as a carbohydrate, and you will start to feel the effects of the edibles much faster. When eating a cannabis edible, the high usually starts to kick in after about an hour. However, if the cannabis infused oil is made into a powder, you can start feeling the effects in 15 – 20 minutes.

With the much quicker reaction time offered by powdered cannabis, weed edible users reduce their chances of eating too much. This has become an issue with cannabis edibles for awhile now. Proper
Dosing makes the difference between a good experience versus a bad one.

Cannadish puts it to the test
We infused an 1/8 ounce of cannabis with oil, and start to bind the finished product with tapioca maltodextrin.(a food grade dextrose made from Tapioca) After the Cannabis oil was made into a powder, we have put it to the test.

The cannabis oil certainly did not appear water-soluble, but we did not try or expected that. As the maltodextrine dissolves, the oil will stay behind. But we will continue to experiment using concentrates to be able to make it appear water-soluble, in a way that people are able to make the recipe at home. Learn more about Water-soluble THC here.

However, the effects of the high started to kick in between 15 and 20 minutes after ingestion, mixed into regular food. Making the effects 3 times as fast than usual.

You can also just straight up eat the powder, It has a similar texture to cotton candy, as soon as you put it on your tongue, it just dissolves. If you want to take it to the next level, you can even add nutella, chocolate or peanut butter to the mix. And make cannabis chocolate powder or peanut butter powder. Check out the recipe here:

Ingredients
Direction
  1. In a medium bowl, mix together the cannabis oil and maltodextrin until it becomes a powder.
  2. Take the powder through a fine sieve to get a finer cannabis powder.

According to the following article, edible highs will kick in much faster using cannabis oil powder. Recipe follows:

Cannabis oil powder for edibles have already hit legal marijuana markets. With time, they may completely change the way we cook with weed – or consume cannabis in general. And now we finally have the recipe for it, and it’s super easy. Recipe video is below.

Although individual manufacturers offer different variations on the technology, all versions follow the same approach. Cannabinoids, like THC or CBD, are encapsulated with a starch or other carbohydrate. When this happens, the nanoscopic cannabinoid droplet behaves like a sugar, and sugars can dissolve in water, unlike oil.

But more importantly, when you put cannabis powder in your mouth, it starts absorbing immediately through your carbohydrate uptake pathways. Your body recognizes it as a carbohydrate, and you will start to feel the effects of the edibles much faster. When eating a cannabis edible, the high usually starts to kick in after about an hour. However, if the cannabis infused oil is made into a powder, you can start feeling the effects in 15 – 20 minutes.

With the much quicker reaction time offered by powdered cannabis, weed edible users reduce their chances of eating too much. This has become an issue with cannabis edibles for awhile now. Proper

We infused an 1/8 ounce of cannabis with oil, and start to bind the finished product with tapioca maltodextrin.(a food grade dextrose made from Tapioca) After the Cannabis oil was made into a powder, we have put it to the test.

The cannabis oil certainly did not appear water-soluble, but we did not try or expected that. As the maltodextrine dissolves, the oil will stay behind. But we will continue to experiment using concentrates to be able to make it appear water-soluble, in a way that people are able to make the recipe at home. Learn more about Water-soluble THC here.

However, the effects of the high started to kick in between 15 and 20 minutes after ingestion, mixed into regular food. Making the effects 3 times as fast than usual.

You can also just straight up eat the powder, It has a similar texture to cotton candy, as soon as you put it on your tongue, it just dissolves. If you want to take it to the next level, you can even add nutella, chocolate or peanut butter to the mix. And make cannabis chocolate powder or peanut butter powder. Check out the recipe here:

Ingredients

Direction

1. In a medium bowl, mix together the cannabis oil and maltodextrin until it becomes a powder.

How much of this would you start with for a dose

How much of this would you start with for a dose
You don't mention whether or not you've had any experience with edibles. And with edibles the mantra is 'low and slow.' It all depends on your tolerance, how you react to edibles, etc. My suggestion is to always start with what seems to be a low dose. You can always take more.... but once you've taken an edible you've made a commitment. There's no 'backing down' lol. So the trick is to not over medicate from the start.

All this said... the cannabis oil added to the maltodextrin in this recipe is the same strength that you'd find in a standard cannabutter recipe.

I think that I would probably start with 1 tablespoon of the cannabis powder as a starting dose for myself. And probably work up from there in small increments with subsequent doses. However... my tolerance is high. I can take one of my edibles and not feel much... and have a friend take the same thing and get high as a kite.

I like this powder because it helps me cope with pain. Last year, a loved one died and I was terribly depressed for several months. It seemed to me that I would never get out of it and would not be able to live normally, it interfered with me because I could not sleep, eat or breathe. My friend who was very worried about my condition recommended weed from online dispensary Toronto which at first caused me doubts. After I tried it I realized that this is the best treatment that doctors could prescribe for me. It saved my life, literally

Mod note: post edited to remove link to commercial interest

Last edited by a moderator:

Ingredients

Direction

Too cool for school ! :smug: I know what my next science project is gonna be ! Yee Haa. I'm wondering what the shelf life is ?

This looks like a crazy mix! How can anyone actually survive this? No wonder it will kick you in 3 min. I wouldn’t even risk trying that. The regular joint makes me high in 3 minutes, and I am unconscious. I become a harmless and innocent creature after weed. Imagine what this mix would do with me? I could die easily! Now, I prefer to vape CBD oil instead.

Last edited:
This looks like a crazy mix! How can anyone actually survive this? No wonder it will kick you in 3 min. I wouldn’t even risk trying that. The regular joint makes me high in 3 minutes, and I am unconscious. I become a harmless and innocent creature after weed. Imagine what this mix would do with me? I could die easily! Now, I prefer to vape CBD oil instead.
So do I! I found CBD oil products are known for their health benefits and ability to relieve pain but they are very expensive. But as long as I am on a budget, I use CBD products with lower concentrations of CBD in them like Juul pods.You can find a detailed lab report of their CBD Juul pods near me along with the product description. But I assure you they are the greatest!

Last edited:
So you can't snort it?:dog:Title had me going!

I'd be careful about leaving dosed food where people can eat it not knowing it contains cannabis. Someone could have a terrible time with a white out, or get randomly drug tested at work and lose a job. Fair warning is fair.
I agree, don't like to counsel people being a newbie
There may be criminal or civil liability too, I get the gist but please exercise caution Aderles, I'm sure you were just kidding

Somehow missed this thread (and idea). The recipe is simply 1 part cannabis to 3 parts tapioca flour. So, a 25mg dose would be 100mg of powdered cannabis. This could be pressed into sublingual tablets, if desired. Definitely plan to try with next batch of decarbed oil. :thumbsup:

A half-assed attempt failed to yield the desired effect. Weight out 0.3g tapioca starch and mixed with 0.1ml decarbed shatter/lecithin (1/1). It seemed to mix easily enough, producing a homogeneously colored powder. Held it in the mouth for a minute before swallowing to allow for buccal absorption. The effect seemed similar to coffee creamer in onset and otherwise.

A half-assed attempt failed to yield the desired effect. Weight out 0.3g tapioca starch and mixed with 0.1ml decarbed shatter/lecithin (1/1). It seemed to mix easily enough, producing a homogeneously colored powder. Held it in the mouth for a minute before swallowing to allow for buccal absorption. The effect seemed similar to coffee creamer in onset and otherwise.
New to concentrates so forgive the newbie ignorance
Looking at different liquid and tablet bases to expand ingestion options
https://specializedrx.com/collections/rapid-dissolve-tablets/products/trittab™-sf-lf-tablet-triturate-base

My fear with buccal absorption is that in order to get an effect the potency would have to be high and if it had to be swallowed, buckle up!
Need something on the order of nitro glycerine tabs
Trying to catch up but so much information

Full-assed attempt report.:idon'tknow:

powder.jpg

Mixed 3g N-Zorbit Tapioca Maltodextrin into 1g freshly decarbed second-wash QWET shatter, still hot from the oil bath. The maltodextrin is very light and voluminous. Mixed in enough to soak up the oil, then added more. Mixed and mixed and mixed, eventually breaking out the mortar and pestle to produce the above powder.

It's a bit sticky. You might be able to press it into a tab, no experience. Tablet presses appear to be very expensive and have greater capacity than a hobbyist would need. Have you found an alternative, @Tincandtoke?

The results. No faster absorption. Yesterday, tried 200mg (50mg shatter), letting it dissolve in the mouth for a minute before swallowing. (Tastes terrible, BTW.) Didn't feel a damned thing, so dabbed after 2h. It probably came on a little then, adding to effects, but not a very good trial. :disgust:

Today, doubled the dose. (This shatter is pretty weak to begin with.) Came on strong at 2h, peaked at 3h. For the rest, maybe try a middle dose dissolved in coffee or something.

A fine edibles high, but nothing more. Could have done something wrong, but seemed easy enough.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back