Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Recipe Cannabis syrup

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
A while back, I got some infused 'Kool Aid' at a local dispensary. They also sold a syrup that you could add to drinks (or pour on whatever) and I've wondered how to make it for a while. Stumbled onto this recipe last night and thought it looked similar to the products I had seen... Once made, it can be used as the basis for THC-infused beverages from teas and lemonade to a killer canna-cocktail. Personally, I would add more than 2g of cannabis, that they use in the og recipe, for the infusion. I think the amount would be something to play with; depending on how strong you want the syrup. But I would use more like 10 grams so that your dosage (using 1/8 of the end product would give you about 50 mg of thc per serving)

WHAT YOU NEED
  • 3 cups of filtered water
  • 3 cups fine granulated sugar
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable glycerine (found at most health food stores)
  • 2g finely chopped/ground cannabis (decarbed)
  • 1 jar or bottle
  • 1 saucepan
  • Strainer or cheesecloth
HOW TO MAKE
Add the sugar and water in the saucepan. Bring to a boil.

Stir until sugar is completely dissolved then add the cannabis. Cover the pot and allow it to boil gently for another 20 minutes. This is the most important step as the heat will decarb the cannabis. This is also when the THC will be transferred into the syrup.

To prevent the liquid from getting too hot, keep the liquid at a low roiling boil.

At the 20 minute mark, reduce the temperature. Add the glycerine.

Let the mixture simmer for another 5-6 minutes, keepign a close eye on the pot. Remove the lid and stir quickly every minute.

Remove the pot from the heat. Carefully pour the hot syrup through the strainer or cheesecloth into your container. Go slowly. The idea is to remove all plant matter from the syrup - plus, you don't want to risk burning yourself.

Let the mixture cool. It will have reduced slightly in this process. However, you should have about 3 cups of syrup.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back