Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Research CANNABIS TRIAL TO TREAT FIBROMYALGIA

Fat Freddy

"Zynerba, a clinical-stage specialty pharmaceutical, is developing next-gen synthetic cannabinoid treatments formulated for transdermal delivery. A transdermal patch is intended to allow sustained and controlled delivery of two the company’s therapeutic cannabinoids: cannabidiol (CBD), a non-psychoactive cannabinoid, and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)."

https://tinyurl.com/kz3hnwu

Last edited by a moderator:
"Zynerba, a clinical-stage specialty pharmaceutical, is developing next-gen synthetic cannabinoid treatments formulated for transdermal delivery. A transdermal patch is intended to allow sustained and controlled delivery of two the company’s therapeutic cannabinoids: cannabidiol (CBD), a non-psychoactive cannabinoid, and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)."

https://tinyurl.com/kz3hnwu
Interesting news! This will likely be beneficial medicine for Fragile X syndrome, which is associated with a genetic deficiency in neuroligin-3, a crucial precursor to endocannabinoids like 2-AG and AEA. Supplementing with cannabinoids like CBD and THC (respectively similar phytocannabinoids to the endocannabinoids I mentioned before) can be expected to be beneficial in these cases.

It should be noted that this could in turn show promise for conditions that the press release does not mention!

However, I must draw attention to the following guidelines for this section (I hate to get the whip out, that is usually Mom's domain! :whipit::dog:):

http://vaporasylum.com/threads/welcome-to-cannabis-research-in-the-vapor-asylum-research-labs.177/

The description of this section highlights that this part of the VA is for discussing scientific research output only. Examples should be independent scholarly research literature; such as articles published in peer reviewed scientific journals or academic books. The OP links to an article on a health blog belonging to a private company, which is reflecting the information from a press release from a pharmaceutical company that makes the medicine in question. This is not research literature and could even be considered marketing literature in some respects. :peace:

One key way to identify whether sources are scholarly research is to look for citations and references:

If you see claims ending with citations in parentheses like this (EMINENT EXPERT IN SOME PUFFERY, 2017)*, then you are most likely reading a scholarly article. The article linked in the OP and the links included in that article do not provide any references or scholarly citations in this way which is one hint that they are not scientific research literature.

Moreover, none of the above links details the research behind the transdermal product being described. This is unfortunate, because such research would be exactly the ideal type of article for discussion in this section (if anyone finds that by the way, please post it here :biggrin:).

I do not say this to single you out of course, this is not everyday general knowledge that we can reasonably expect people to know! :peace: Thanks for being our first to post a thread in this section all the same too :D In the coming days, I will seek to find some related scientific literature to include here so that we can use this article to start a conversation about the underlying scientific research :biggrin:

If anybody else is looking to participate in this section but is unsure about a thread topic, please do PM me and I'll be happy to assist - that's what I'm here for :science:

* you might also find footnotes instead of citations depending on the referencing style.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back