Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
These are $5 thermometers from a grocery store
So the oven and multiple thermometers kind of calibrate each other if that makes any sense
This is a cool infra red instant read. I got it for $22 . It's worth it's weight in gold. I use it on sidewalks :lmao:

IMG_4598.JPG

Tincandtoke I appreciate you sharing all of this knowledge!

Can you please recommend me some quality equipment for making edibles extraction etc? As I am getting older I am wanting to smoke less and wanting edibles / ingestible methods. "The Ardent combined with alcohol extraction gives me the most potent product to date" I guess the Ardent FX is superior at decarbing because of its precise temp control? What other equipment or tools can you recommend? Also after decarbing do you do a cold solvent extraction? I have read that some people say you can pull more trichomes if you do not decarb at first. Instead you do a QWET https://www.mediblereview.com/3-minute-quick-wash-ethanol-extraction-qwet/ then decarb later . Also can you suggest a alcohol reclamation device? ExtractCraft seems to be popular. Sorry if my questions are all over the place I'm just reading a lot and want to have a proper setup for the best results and I don't mind spending to get the best tools. Even if it is small tools you wouldn't think of getting but make the work easier or more efficient.

"From what I see around the boards the edible sections are good but not much interest
It's a shame but folks are missing a great way to medicate
Its a firecracker world'

I think a lot of people are turned off by edibles because of having bad buying experiences with them and finding that most purchased edibles are extremely weak. This is my experience with 99% of edibles from the rip off legal weed shops :(

Tincandtoke I appreciate you sharing all of this knowledge!

Can you please recommend me some quality equipment for making edibles extraction etc? As I am getting older I am wanting to smoke less and wanting edibles / ingestible methods. "The Ardent combined with alcohol extraction gives me the most potent product to date" I guess the Ardent FX is superior at decarbing because of its precise temp control? What other equipment or tools can you recommend? Also after decarbing do you do a cold solvent extraction? I have read that some people say you can pull more trichomes if you do not decarb at first. Instead you do a QWET https://www.mediblereview.com/3-minute-quick-wash-ethanol-extraction-qwet/ then decarb later . Also can you suggest a alcohol reclamation device? ExtractCraft seems to be popular. Sorry if my questions are all over the place I'm just reading a lot and want to have a proper setup for the best results and I don't mind spending to get the best tools. Even if it is small tools you wouldn't think of getting but make the work easier or more efficient.

"From what I see around the boards the edible sections are good but not much interest
It's a shame but folks are missing a great way to medicate
Its a firecracker world'

I think a lot of people are turned off by edibles because of having bad buying experiences with them and finding that most purchased edibles are extremely weak. This is my experience with 99% of edibles from the rip off legal weed shops :(

You have the most important tool, the Nova
Next would be getting high proof alcohol 190-200 proof, I use Everclear
I need to see some more lab results before having an opinion on the decarb before or after extraction
Just remember you have to decarb a solution that's more like a solvent and volatile
The MBM and Ardent do this but again mixed reviews on results

Decarb in the Ardent and give it a grind.......there are contrary opinions on whether or not to grind and when to grind, gets annoying go with what feels comfortable to you
Freeze my alcohol and ground decarbed flower for 24 hours
Combine in a jar with a lid and give a 5 minute shake
Back in the freezer for 2 hours and then remove and shake another 5 minutes
Filter with a method of your choice (I get insane here and weird people out with my filtering)
Return material to jar and cover with fresh cold alcohol and shake for 5 minutes and filter
Psychedelic Sam method with lab results, second wash increases potency

The extract craft is a good machine and made with cannabis in mind
I'm still in the market for a still
I may go with a rotovap but my point is that I make potent tincture and just evaporate the alcohol without reclaim
I lose about $5-$7 a batch but get about 3 months of tincture to make edibles
There are also good traditional stills for $125-$150
Then there are countertop models but they are not heat regulated very well so folks evaporate the alcohol off and then have to pour more in to get the oil that is baked on the inside container

My evaporation method is this
IMG_20210526_143718.jpg

I use an electric stove top, no open flame
Stainless steel pot
A trivet
Beakers
Small fan to disperse fumes
Done by an open window

For filtering
IMG_20210712_192453.jpg
IMG_20210713_161400.jpg

First pic is a paper filter in a stainless steel coffee filter in a ceramic coffee dripper
I can give you the full filter in a video
Got labeled psychotic for doing it
Aaahhh! The internet

These are my go to "leaded" cookies. This is an old Betty Crocker recipe that adapts quite well . The recipe itself is very forgiving . You may choose to use all canabutter, or 1/2 canabutter and 1/2 oil, you get my drift ? Basically 8 oz of infused fat . I always like to add some lemon zest. That seems to compliment the flavors.
Now I don't mind, in fact, I prefer some weed taste. Not an all out assault on the senses, but more of a quality check . That's my preference. For those folks that can't stand the taste then a good washing is done before I make the canabutter. You can play around, instead of vanilla use Grand Mariner and orange zest, or Amaretto . Like I said earlier it's very forgiving.

IMG_8062.JPG

Very important to CHILL the dough overnight or too the point of frozen. I use a dish scoop to make portions and then I freeze before cooking. These are not a real crispy cookie, so if that's what you like then add a couple minutes to your cooking time.

IMG_8067.JPG

This is a batch of my own butter. By that I make a blend using regular weed, hemp, and AVB. I use a blend of butter and coconut oil. I like the best properties of each. Everybody has their own canabutter recipe and I have mine.

IMG_8072.JPG

You will notice the mix of hazelnuts and peanuts 20 grams. I have a habit of using things up so I tossed them in with Frangellico and vanilla. Then a roll in sugar and a pinch of Turbinado sugar on top :hungry:.

IMG_8092.JPG

I have about 6-7 grams of concentrates (wax, shatter, badder, etc.). I’m going to pick up an oz of flower. Is it ok to just put everything into the Ardent Nova and decarb it all at once? Is there a better way to decarb the concentrates? I know they make the silicone cup because I have it. I’m not sure how I’d scrape everything out of it. My plan was to put the concentrates on top of the flower and let the machine do it’s thing. After that, it’s off to the MBM to make some cannabutter.

Last edited:
I have about 6-7 grams of concentrates (wax, shatter, badder, etc.). I’m going to pick up an oz of flower. Is it ok to just put everything into the Ardent Nova and decarb it all at once? Is there a better way to decarb the concentrates? I know they make the silicone cup because I have it. I’m not sure how I’d scrape everything out of it. My plan was to put the concentrates on top of the flower and let the machine do it’s thing. After that, it’s off to the MBM to make some cannabutter.
The only thing I'm not sure about is if herb and concentrates take the same amount of time to decarb..... Hopefully someone with a Nova can chime in here. @Tincandtoke have you tried this?

My understanding is that concentrates and flower decarb at different rates
Also, flower leaves moisture (water) in the receptacle and you don't want that in your concentrate because you will need to remove it
My experience is that the fresher the flower the more moisture left behind

How did you plan on stacking the flower and concentrate
The concentrate will liquefy and absorb into the flower if tossed in as a single batch and you need to make a tincture extraction to recover it

Decarb separately would be my recommendation

I use the sleeve for flower and silicon cupcake liners for concentrate
IMG_20211103_085817.jpg

The other silicon pads are silicon brushes that I use if I have to separate concentrate from water
Only had to do this once

My understanding is that concentrates and flower decarb at different rates
Also, flower leaves moisture (water) in the receptacle and you don't want that in your concentrate because you will need to remove it
My experience is that the fresher the flower the more moisture left behind

How did you plan on stacking the flower and concentrate
The concentrate will liquefy and absorb into the flower if tossed in as a single batch and you need to make a tincture extraction to recover it

Decarb separately would be my recommendation

I use the sleeve for flower and silicon cupcake liners for concentrate
View attachment 31396

The other silicon pads are silicon brushes that I use if I have to separate concentrate from water
Only had to do this once
This is great advice. I think I’ll just vape the concentrates and use the flower for the edibles.

This is great advice. I think I’ll just vape the concentrates and use the flower for the edibles.
Good thinking!
I have always dealt with concentrates differently for use in edibles, and not mixed them with butter....
I have however used cannabutter AND concentrates in the same recipe.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back