Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Recipe Cannacaps

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
Canna Caps are a great way to ingest your meds in a controlled dosage. They can be made as described below, or even with leftover 'mash' from making cannabutter. I prefer the method below because you aren't getting all that raw herb in your stomach which can cause upset.

Warning - this will stink up the house.

What You'll Need

5.5 grams of cannabis - Bud or trim can be used; bud produces a stronger effect. You can reduce or increase the amount used depending on tolerance. This is a guideline.

1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

Empty "00" size gelatin capsules - these can be purchased at health food stores or online. Amazon is a good source.

Cap-M-Quik Capsule or filling machine or a couple Capsuline holding trays - It's possible to fill the caps one at a time, but it's a lot of work and really messy. Available at Amazon.

10ml Syringe - Oral Irrigator with Tapered Deep Reach works well. The taper makes it easier to fill the caps without spills - Available at Amazon

Small Crock Pot (16 oz) You can use a larger crock pot, but will have to increase the recipe. The crock pot must have a 'warm' setting.

A small food processor. You can use a grinder instead but it takes longer. Or you could even break the cannabis up with your hands.

Cheesecloth

Cookie sheet

2 small microwave-safe containers

Aluminum foil

A couple of rubber bands

Preheat oven to 225°

Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil to prevent cannabis from sticking to pan.

Lightly grind your bud/trim so it cooks more evenly.

Spread your ground-up herb over the aluminum foil on the baking sheet and cover with foil.

Place the baking sheet in in your oven and set timer to 1 hour.

Plug in your crock pot so that it will start heating up.

Add 1/4 c. coconut oil to the crock pot. You can leave it heating up while your herb is decarbing.

After the herb has decarbed, grind it again to a fine powder and add to oil in crock pot. Herb should be submerged in the oil.

Stir the mixture and allow it to cook on warm for 3 hours.

Set up your Cap-M-Quik with 50 capsules. Place tops in a container for easy access when done.

Cut off a square of cheesecloth. It should be a bit more than twice the width of the microwave-safe container.
(so it's twice as thick) and place it over the container. Hold the cheesecloth in place with a rubber band. You'll use this to strain your oil mixture.

Unplug the crock pot and let it sit for 15 minutes for the mixture to cool slighty.

Slowly spoon all the contents of the crock pot onto the cheesecloth.

Cut the rubber band from the container without letting the cheesecloth fall in. Bundle up the bud, and squeeze as much oil as you can from the cheesecloth. Make sure all the oil goes through the cheesecloth so it filters out the bud. When you have gotten as much out as you can, discard the cheesecloth bundle.

Use the tapered syringe to to suck up the oil and gently fill the caps one at a time. Be careful not to overfill. Remember... slow or you will have a huge mess. If your syringe gets plugged, squirt it into the container rather than the caps so that you don't overfill.

When you are finished filling the caps, replace the tops. You should notice a *snap* as it clicks in place.

Place the finished caps into a container and refrigerate until you're ready to use them. These last indefinitely in the fridge.

Makes approx. 50 caps.

Last edited:
We started making cannacaps several years back after my wife got a little too wasted on medibles that turned out stronger than anticipated.

For the herbal component we use concentrates. Mostly rso that I further winterize, or lately with rosin I've pressed.

We use size 00 gel caps, and fill by hand with a pipette. We use organic coconut oil and lecithin. All this can be ordered off amazon.

For a recipe, we use 2-3 grams of concentrate per fluid oz of coconutt oil. To that 1/2 tsp of powered organic lecithin. All the ingredients can be scaled up, but this recipe makes approx 30 caps give or take. For rso we combine everything in a glass measuring cup and heat this on a coffee warmer and stir until everything is melted together. I also make some with rosin, but I add the rosin last to make the caps more THCA/CBDA rather than thc/cbd.

I prefer the rosin caps for day timeand they really work well at 2 grams, one each of thc, and cbd rosin per fluid ounce of coconut oil. A weak buzz but good pain relief and they keep me energetic.

For night we use rso caps with the same 50/50 thc/cbd mix. I like the caps stronger at 3 gr per fluid ounce of coconut oil.

These seem to work well for epilepsy, arthuritus , nerve pain in my experience but I think other conditions could benefit too. Like cancer, ms and so on. Hope this helps someone......

Canna Caps are a great way to ingest your meds in a controlled dosage. They can be made as described below, or even with leftover 'mash' from making cannabutter. I prefer the method below because you aren't getting all that raw herb in your stomach which can cause upset.

Warning - this will stink up the house.

What You'll Need

5.5 grams of cannabis - Bud or trim can be used; bud produces a stronger effect. You can reduce or increase the amount used depending on tolerance. This is a guideline.

1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

Empty "00" size gelatin capsules - these can be purchased at health food stores or online. Amazon is a good source.

Cap-M-Quik Capsule or filling machine or a couple Capsuline holding trays - It's possible to fill the caps one at a time, but it's a lot of work and really messy. Available at Amazon.

10ml Syringe - Oral Irrigator with Tapered Deep Reach works well. The taper makes it easier to fill the caps without spills - Available at Amazon

Small Crock Pot (16 oz) You can use a larger crock pot, but will have to increase the recipe. The crock pot must have a 'warm' setting.

A small food processor. You can use a grinder instead but it takes longer. Or you could even break the cannabis up with your hands.

Cheesecloth

Cookie sheet

2 small microwave-safe containers

Aluminum foil

A couple of rubber bands

Preheat oven to 225°

Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil to prevent cannabis from sticking to pan.

Lightly grind your bud/trim so it cooks more evenly.

Spread your ground-up herb over the aluminum foil on the baking sheet and cover with foil.

Place the baking sheet in in your oven and set timer to 1 hour.

Plug in your crock pot so that it will start heating up.

Add 1/4 c. coconut oil to the crock pot. You can leave it heating up while your herb is decarbing.

After the herb has decarbed, grind it again to a fine powder and add to oil in crock pot. Herb should be submerged in the oil.

Stir the mixture and allow it to cook on warm for 3 hours.

Set up your Cap-M-Quik with 50 capsules. Place tops in a container for easy access when done.

Cut off a square of cheesecloth. It should be a bit more than twice the width of the microwave-safe container.
(so it's twice as thick) and place it over the container. Hold the cheesecloth in place with a rubber band. You'll use this to strain your oil mixture.

Unplug the crock pot and let it sit for 15 minutes for the mixture to cool slighty.

Slowly spoon all the contents of the crock pot onto the cheesecloth.

Cut the rubber band from the container without letting the cheesecloth fall in. Bundle up the bud, and squeeze as much oil as you can from the cheesecloth. Make sure all the oil goes through the cheesecloth so it filters out the bud. When you have gotten as much out as you can, discard the cheesecloth bundle.

Use the tapered syringe to to suck up the oil and gently fill the caps one at a time. Be careful not to overfill. Remember... slow or you will have a huge mess. If your syringe gets plugged, squirt it into the container rather than the caps so that you don't overfill.

When you are finished filling the caps, replace the tops. You should notice a *snap* as it clicks in place.

Place the finished caps into a container and refrigerate until you're ready to use them. These last indefinitely in the fridge.

Makes approx. 50 caps.

I have made caps like this but I had inconsistant results. Using concentrates rather than herb makes measuring and figuring dosages more accurate. And now days concentrates are becoming much easier to find than just a few years ago.

Reguardless of the method cannacaps are a great way to medicate. They can be designed for sleep, pain or energy and focus depending on ingredients and amounts.

Using concentrates rather than herb makes measuring and figuring dosages more accurate.
I think that with the availability of concentrates now, that we are finding that they work better for a lot of applications; cooking included. :thumbsup:

Many Magical Butter machine users use their sludge for cannacaps. But I can't imagine that dosing with those is reliable. So many of the actives have been removed from the sludge during the infusion process. Perhaps adding concentrates to that mash would be a viable option as well.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back