Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds CBD

A bit of clarification - I'm not a recreational user, and haven't been since the 70s. 5 years ago I became a medical patient, after an extended hospital stay resulted in a wishy-washy diagnosis of 'it's probably related to pain or arthritis medications. Stop those and see if things get better'. Thats when my pain doctor recommended cannabis. At first I have to admit to a sense of scepticism, but things started somehow working better. So I started experimenting. The first time I made budder I was convinced that I was taking 2 weeks of medications and making compost, but it worked. And the effects worked just like the instructions said they would. So I started experimenting. I have a wierd background, so the experiments have gotten a bit more obtuse, but the odd thing is that the more research and experiments one performs, the more one realizes that the results are pretty much as expected, and positive. I've displaced all pharmaceutical meds. There is still pain, but it's more manageable now. I still do other therapies, such as physio and prolo, with RF ablations and IMS treatments being particularly helpful. These combined with cannabis, including infused topicals, have worked where the meds did nothing but cause chaos and hospitalizations.

Speaking about C02 extractions... I'm constantly looking for new and different ways to make extractions and concentrates at home. The key, for me, is home-based methods. I've tried several dozens of methods with varying success, and have a few that I stick with. My fave solventless method, this month, is dry sift. Done properly it takes a little time, but it's cheap and effective. It's also dabable if thats your thing, although the trichome heads will leave a little residue, which pressing into rosin will resolve.

Alcohol extractions are another handy method. Ethyl alcohol is food safe, so if it's not purged it's a tincture. Even better when you make your own ET extraction alcohol. A distillation unit of some sort is required to get to the 90% alcohol range, or EverClear equivalency. The Green Oil Machine, Megahome Distiller, or other tabletop units work for small batches, or Clawhammer Supply will sell larger kits online.

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Alcohol-from-Common-Table-Sugar
I've just realized that this part of the post is more about extraction than CBD, so @momofthegoons might want to move it. But any of these methods will work with CBD, provided you start with a strain high in CBD.

~~~

"In other words, CO2 extraction is the key to understanding the hidden medical benefits of the other, less prevalent, cannabinoids and how they work together (a process known as the entourage effect) when the whole plant is used as medicine."

From this sentence I gather that the reason for making isolates is to better understand the entourage effect of whole plant meds by stripping them into their individual components. The inverse of this is that if whole plant medications work so well, why would a patient want to use isolates, and risk missing the components that are having a positive impact on their condition? It does makes sense that each component could be concentrated to work specifically on one particular physiological condition. This is the premise of modern molecular medications. I can understand why researchers would want to get a better understanding of the various components. This makes isolate users more like guinea pigs, testing isolated components to see what type of side effects they may experience. Fortunately the side effects are non-toxic (assumption, based on the fact that whole plant meds aren't toxic). This also means we can do our own research, and as patients we have a vested interest in experiments that will work specifically on our own conditions, so we can test these things on ourselves.
This is the link where the above quote came from. An interesting article... https://honestmarijuana.com/co2-extraction/

Here's an 'affordable' C02 extractor. It's $4k, plus $2500 for 'expansion racks'. There's a brief vid in the link that explains how it works. I recall seeing a much more cost effective one, being built in a garage in Canada and being sold online, but can't find the link.
https://ocolabs.com/extractors/

Here's a link to Skunk Pharm Research attempts at making a home made C02 extractor. SPR is a great website. They've been using science and engineering skills to show how to safely do things at home. Note the word 'safely', as many places are a little skimpy on that piece..
https://skunkpharmresearch.com/affordable-diy-co2-extraction/

Wow. I ordered some "Therapy" smalls from Fields of Hemp, and they are pretty damn good. Just a little too dry for pressing into rosin, so I'll definitely try the more premium option next time. It's all my favorite parts of upbeat weed without the cloudiness in my head. Definitely going to try some other types soon. They gave me 20% off, threw in an extra gram of therapy, and a fat preroll of Elektra. I was not about to start smoking now. I emptied it out and tasted a couple bowls. Very distinct flavor between the two. I'm sick today, and my body was full of aches but this shit killed my pains. I'm in love. lol

The picture isn't very good, but I don't have fancy tools to work with. The bag of smalls has all sorts of sizes ranging from small to large and even colors. The little budette in the middle is red. Not red hairs, straight up red flower. The little one next to it that is dark is pure violet. It's dark it looks almost black. Kinda hard to believe they came from the same type of seeds, but what do I know? Most of the buds are green with some copper hairs. Has a skunky and bright flavor. Excellent skunky classic weed taste on the way out. I'm hooked. :)

IMG_20190130_132201822.jpg

Last edited:
Don’t misunderstand what I write?
THC is one of the many elements of the CANNABIS plant.

CBD is for some or few.

THC is more beneficial than let’s say beer!

Personally I like THC for me?

CBD is accepted by the masses?
Just CBD
Does Nothing 4 me.
I need THC.
And all the other goodies.

I agree, @ataxian. You know what works 4 U. I don't get much help from just CBD. Glad it helps some, but there it is. I know my body, and you know yours, and it's Saturday Night, Whoo Hoo!!!

Just CBD
Does Nothing 4 me.
I need THC.

I agree, @ataxian. You know what works 4 U. I don't get much help from just CBD. Glad it helps some, but there it is. I know my body, and you know yours, and it's Saturday Night, Whoo Hoo!!!
Nice poem.

I agree. I eagerly tried pure CBD distillate thinking it would be a magical solution and instead it seemed like largely a gimmick. I know that there are things it does and does well, and that many people praise it.

Doesn’t work for me.

That said, I like a higher CBD strain sometimes when I have things I need to accomplish.

Just CBD
Does Nothing 4 me.
I need THC.

I prefer to mix my thc and CBD.

But CBD is a lot different than thc. I don't really get a "feeling" from CBD, more like a lack of feeling. At the end of the day I find I can do more, have more energy, concentrate better and with less pain. So it's a subtle thing most folks would not recognize. Not saying that's what you experience, just saying.....

I prefer to mix my thc and CBD.

But CBD is a lot different than thc. I don't really get a "feeling" from CBD, more like a lack of feeling. At the end of the day I find I can do more, have more energy, concentrate better and with less pain. So it's a subtle thing most folks would not recognize. Not saying that's what you experience, just saying.....
Isn't that wonderful? More energy, better concentration, and less pain - who wouldn't sign up for that. I've considered growing a high CBD plant, (maybe Cannatonic?) to have on hand. I haven't had much luck, but I still have some exposure to what's making me sick, so it is likely to cancel the effect I need. Any preferences, @Shredder, for any particular high CBD plant that you might recommend? It might not work for what I'm trying to target (I'm in PTSD hell, plus, physical stuff),
but as those symptoms lessen, I might notice more relief of other issues. I'm Seriously Hoping that the PTSD is better by harvest season, or at least by the time everything is cured. It would be nice to be able to offer high CBD to guests anyway.

Isn't that wonderful? More energy, better concentration, and less pain - who wouldn't sign up for that. I've considered growing a high CBD plant, (maybe Cannatonic?) to have on hand. I haven't had much luck, but I still have some exposure to what's making me sick, so it is likely to cancel the effect I need. Any preferences, @Shredder, for any particular high CBD plant that you might recommend? It might not work for what I'm trying to target (I'm in PTSD hell, plus, physical stuff),
but as those symptoms lessen, I might notice more relief of other issues. I'm Seriously Hoping that the PTSD is better by harvest season, or at least by the time everything is cured. It would be nice to be able to offer high CBD to guests anyway.

I only have experience with cannatonic #4. It's the first one I tried and never switched. For a while when it first came to my state it was $500 per cut, lol. Times changed tho, mine was free and I gifted dozens myself. Most of my grower friends grow it as well.

There are things I don't like about it, it grows slow and does not produce a lot. Rosin or oil returns are low.

I don't know if it's what would work for you. About half my patients don't use it for whatever reasons.

Last edited:
I only have experience with cannatonic #4. It's the first one I tried and never switched. For a while when it first came to my state it was $500 per cut, lol. Times changed tho, mine was free and I gifted dozens myself. Most of my grower friends grow it as well.

There are things I don't like about it, it grows slow and does not produce a lot. Rosin or oil returns are low.

I don't know if it's what would work for you. About half my patients don't use it for whatever reasons.
Happily, researching plants is half the fun, so I think I will devote a plant to one high CBD plant if I find one I like sound of. Usually my requirement for any plant is "does it taste like fruit, candy, cookies or other dessert " and is it hard to kill. So far, none of the plants selected for this year meet the first requirement, anyway, so maybe I'm growing as a gardener.

A friend grew CBD God - it smells like juicy fruit gum. https://cannasos.com/strains/hybrid/cbd-god
Thank you for the recommendation. It sounds devine. I'm getting a short list together, so when I go to get clones, I have a chance of one of my choices being in stick. Should AC/DC and Harlequin be on the list? I have just the spot for the right plant. Are we mainly looking at sativas for the high CBD plants?

I don't know enough about stains or growing to make any intelligent comment, and this was my first exposure to the strain. Having said that, every time i walked near the cbd god plant it got a darn good sniff. It's very smooth :)

I don't know enough about stains or growing to make any intelligent comment, and this was my first exposure to the strain. Having said that, every time i walked near the cbd god plant it got a darn good sniff. It's very smooth :)
Very nice. It sounds like it's worth a look.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back