Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds CBD

Personally, I would never buy CBD from anyone or anywhere that wasn't a trusted source. But.. I can see how many might find Amazon an appealing place to try to buy... so consider this a public service announcement.

christian-wiediger-626856-unsplash-width2000height1333.jpg

AMAZON CBD OIL – LAB TEST RESULTS REVEALED
DECEMBER 30, 2018

You can buy anything on Amazon now, including CBD… or can you? An interesting “grey area” has developed over the past year on Amazon. A quick search for “CBD Oil” returns page after page of products classified as “Hemp Oil”, “Hemp Extract” or “Hemp Seed Oil”…but not CBD… so what gives??

Within Amazon’s Seller Policies, Cannabidiol (CBD) is listed as a prohibited product, however certain products like Hemp Seed Oil – a different class of product from CBD is permitted. In an attempt to game the system, some sellers have begun skirting Amazon’s rules by listing “CBD Oil” as “Hemp Oil” – or a variety of other names.

The real question is, should this be of concern to you? Because the CBD industry is still relatively young, regulation does not yet exist. This lack of regulation means that the quality of CBD products you consume, and the standards used to manufacture them, are left largely in the hands of the companies selling these products. The FDA has recently gone on record to state that regulation is being developed to control the interstate sale of CBD products, however for now, consumers are left to fend for themselves when purchasing CBD. This is where third party lab testing comes in.

Online CBD retailers who provide current third-party lab results, which clearly display the potency and purity of their CBD products, have become some of the most trusted. A quick read of some of the negative reviews on Amazon, lead you to believe that the “CBD Oil” products being sold may be nothing more than snake oil.

LAB TESTING
We wanted to get to the bottom of this, so we randomly purchased seven Hemp Oil products available on Amazon under the search term “CBD Oil”, to find out find if the products had any CBD in them. The products purchased ranged in potency from 250mg to 5000mg of Hemp Oil.

In order to uncover whether these products had any CBD content, each sealed bottle was taken to an independent third party laboratory in Arizona for cannabinoid potency testing.

RESULTS
Of the seven products tested (Elysian, Beyond Bliss, Hemp Garden, Hemp Side, Ultra6 Nutrition, Wellgrade, and Wisehelp) six of the seven came back with zero CBD content (LOQ). While one of the products had CBD content present in the oil, the level was under the advertised amount stated on the packaging (213mg instead of 250mg).

You can find the test results for each brand below.

PRODUCTS WHICH FAILED OUR CBD TEST
Beyond-Bliss-250-Amazon-Product-Image-1-1024x1024.jpg

PRODUCT #1: BEYOND BLISS – PURE HEMP OIL (250)
Beyond-Bliss-250-Results-2-1024x405.jpg

PRODUCT #2: HEMP GARDEN – ORGANIC HEMP OIL (500MG)
Hemp-Garden-500-Amazon-Product-Image-1-1024x1024.jpg

HempGarden-500-results-1024x402.jpg

PRODUCT #3: HEMP SIDE – ULTRA PREMIUM HEMP OIL (2500MG)
Hempside-2500-Amazon-Product-Image.jpg

HempSide-2500-Results-1024x412.jpg

PRODUCT #4: ULTRA-6 NUTRITION: ULTRA HEMP 500 (500MG)
Ultra-6-Nutrition-Amazon-Picture.jpg

• Ultra-6-Nutrition-500mg-Hemp-Oil-1024x409.jpg
PRODUCT #5: WELLGRADE HEMP EXTRACT (5000MG)
Wellgrade-Amazon-Product-Image_.jpg

Wellgrade-Hemp-Extract-5000-1024x408.jpg

PRODUCT #6: WISEHELP – ULTRA PREMIUM HEMP OIL (3000MG)
Wise-Help-3000-Amazon-Product-Image.jpg

Wise-Help-3000--1024x411.jpg

PRODUCT #7: ELYSIAN – HEMP OIL (250MG)
Elysian-250-Amazon-Product-Image-1024x1024.jpg

Elysian-250-results--1024x405.jpg

CONCLUSION
The test results are a clear indication that the products you set out to purchase may not necessarily contain the contents you think you’re getting. Until the market matures, and further regulation has been rolled out, it’s important to research the products you buy.

When it comes to purchasing “CBD Oil” on Amazon, we would recommend performing a quick google search of the company you’re interested in, to find out if lab results are provided on their website. While lab tests can be faked, it’s one of the few options available at this point in time to help you make an informed decision.

Personally, I would never buy CBD from anyone or anywhere that wasn't a trusted source. But.. I can see how many might find Amazon an appealing place to try to buy... so consider this a public service announcement.

christian-wiediger-626856-unsplash-width2000height1333.jpg

AMAZON CBD OIL – LAB TEST RESULTS REVEALED
DECEMBER 30, 2018

You can buy anything on Amazon now, including CBD… or can you? An interesting “grey area” has developed over the past year on Amazon. A quick search for “CBD Oil” returns page after page of products classified as “Hemp Oil”, “Hemp Extract” or “Hemp Seed Oil”…but not CBD… so what gives??

Within Amazon’s Seller Policies, Cannabidiol (CBD) is listed as a prohibited product, however certain products like Hemp Seed Oil – a different class of product from CBD is permitted. In an attempt to game the system, some sellers have begun skirting Amazon’s rules by listing “CBD Oil” as “Hemp Oil” – or a variety of other names.

The real question is, should this be of concern to you? Because the CBD industry is still relatively young, regulation does not yet exist. This lack of regulation means that the quality of CBD products you consume, and the standards used to manufacture them, are left largely in the hands of the companies selling these products. The FDA has recently gone on record to state that regulation is being developed to control the interstate sale of CBD products, however for now, consumers are left to fend for themselves when purchasing CBD. This is where third party lab testing comes in.

Online CBD retailers who provide current third-party lab results, which clearly display the potency and purity of their CBD products, have become some of the most trusted. A quick read of some of the negative reviews on Amazon, lead you to believe that the “CBD Oil” products being sold may be nothing more than snake oil.

LAB TESTING
We wanted to get to the bottom of this, so we randomly purchased seven Hemp Oil products available on Amazon under the search term “CBD Oil”, to find out find if the products had any CBD in them. The products purchased ranged in potency from 250mg to 5000mg of Hemp Oil.

In order to uncover whether these products had any CBD content, each sealed bottle was taken to an independent third party laboratory in Arizona for cannabinoid potency testing.

RESULTS
Of the seven products tested (Elysian, Beyond Bliss, Hemp Garden, Hemp Side, Ultra6 Nutrition, Wellgrade, and Wisehelp) six of the seven came back with zero CBD content (LOQ). While one of the products had CBD content present in the oil, the level was under the advertised amount stated on the packaging (213mg instead of 250mg).

You can find the test results for each brand below.

PRODUCTS WHICH FAILED OUR CBD TEST
Beyond-Bliss-250-Amazon-Product-Image-1-1024x1024.jpg

PRODUCT #1: BEYOND BLISS – PURE HEMP OIL (250)
Beyond-Bliss-250-Results-2-1024x405.jpg

PRODUCT #2: HEMP GARDEN – ORGANIC HEMP OIL (500MG)
Hemp-Garden-500-Amazon-Product-Image-1-1024x1024.jpg

HempGarden-500-results-1024x402.jpg

PRODUCT #3: HEMP SIDE – ULTRA PREMIUM HEMP OIL (2500MG)
Hempside-2500-Amazon-Product-Image.jpg

HempSide-2500-Results-1024x412.jpg

PRODUCT #4: ULTRA-6 NUTRITION: ULTRA HEMP 500 (500MG)
Ultra-6-Nutrition-Amazon-Picture.jpg

• Ultra-6-Nutrition-500mg-Hemp-Oil-1024x409.jpg
PRODUCT #5: WELLGRADE HEMP EXTRACT (5000MG)
Wellgrade-Amazon-Product-Image_.jpg

Wellgrade-Hemp-Extract-5000-1024x408.jpg

PRODUCT #6: WISEHELP – ULTRA PREMIUM HEMP OIL (3000MG)
Wise-Help-3000-Amazon-Product-Image.jpg

Wise-Help-3000--1024x411.jpg

PRODUCT #7: ELYSIAN – HEMP OIL (250MG)
Elysian-250-Amazon-Product-Image-1024x1024.jpg

Elysian-250-results--1024x405.jpg

CONCLUSION
The test results are a clear indication that the products you set out to purchase may not necessarily contain the contents you think you’re getting. Until the market matures, and further regulation has been rolled out, it’s important to research the products you buy.

When it comes to purchasing “CBD Oil” on Amazon, we would recommend performing a quick google search of the company you’re interested in, to find out if lab results are provided on their website. While lab tests can be faked, it’s one of the few options available at this point in time to help you make an informed decision.

It does sound like amazon needs to tweak its search engine, but I don't see CBD on any of the bottles. Funny how misleading the article on amazon being misleading is itself misleading.

@I'm Ron Burgundy? I'm looking forward to hearing how (and if) this works for you.

In other news....

CBD Now Listed In USA Pharmaceutical Drug Directory For The First Time Ever

The cannabis industry makes strides once again, as cannabidiol (CBD) is listed for the first time ever in one of the country’s largest pharmaceutical drug directory.

The CBD products are hemp-derived supplements manufactured by HempMeds Real Scientific Hemp Oil (RSHO) Gold Label as well as Kannaway Pure Gold hemp-derived CBD; two subsidiaries under the Medical Marijuana Inc. company. That makes them the first two hemp-derived CBD products to be included in the Prescribers’ Digital Reference, also known as the
PDR – Physicians’ Desk Reference.

“It’s an honor for our portfolio of companies to have the first CBD supplements listed in the iconic PDR, which has been a resource for healthcare providers for over 70 years,” commented Medical Marijuana Inc. CO Dr. Stuart Titus. “We hope that this will help healthcare providers understand more about the benefits of our high-quality CBD products.”

“Additionally, we are conducting a brief, exploratory and collaborative clinical study to explore this product as a health-promoting dietary supplement in prediabetic individuals. When complete, the study results will be incorporated in the product dossier and published in our label content within PDR to help healthcare providers become more familiar with the evidence-based wellness-supporting values of our hemp-derived dietary supplements,” Dr. Titus says.

“Here, one can find relevant information regarding the safety and potential effectiveness of many pharmaceutical preparations – as well as now information in regards to dietary supplements,” HempMeds president Tom Morrow disclosed to Benzinga.

“HempMeds and its hemp-derived CBD products have been the subject of much national and international dialogue, with clinical research in Brazil and Mexico in regards to epilepsy patients,” Morrow explained. “We are excited to be the first company to list a hemp-derive CBD product in the PDR, so that doctors, pharmacists and other health care providers can easily access information and become more educated on this topic.

We look forward to adding to our initial listing as our continuing research concludes and patient data/experience becomes available.”

Why Is This Significant For The Cannabis Industry?

The PDR is a reference publication used by physicians as well as doctors, and even patients, to learn more about various pharmaceutical medications – and now, CBD, too. It’s a huge milestone for a CBD product to be listed in the publication for the first time ever, considering how widespread its use is.

The book is published each year, providing readers with a compilation of the same information typically found in drug inserts. It’s also published following FDA guidelines, including information on each medicine such as class, DEA class, description, common brand names, how it is applied (liquid or injection), dosage, indications, adverse reactions, drug interactions, and pharmacokinetics.

The HempMeds and Kannaway products are found in the “Dietary Supplement prepared from the industrial hemp oil” category in the book. They’re the first cannabis-derived products to ever make it to such a widely-used medical publication.

Cannabis was always included in the U.S. Pharmacopoeia, the precursor of the Physician’s Desk Reference. The first time that cannabis was mentioned in the book was the 3rd edition of the US Pharmacopoeia, which was in 1851. It wasn’t until sometime in the early forties that cannabis was no longer included due to the passing of the Marijuana Stamp Act in 1937. Prior to that, cannabis was included in the book as a medication for over 20 ailments.

In the mid 1930’s, a Federal Government-backed campaign was out to destroy cannabis in all forms. They made use of newspapers, radio, and magazines to tell the public about how evil cannabis, and that using it would cause people to commit crimes and rape, molest children, and even commit axe murders, among other ludicrous claims.

The campaign was effective to say the least; people stopped using cannabis for medical purposes. Cannabis was eventually removed from the US Pharmacopoeia, and its use was outlawed.

Now that CBD medications are listed in the PDR, more people will have a better understanding of how to use cannabis supplements correctly. Legalization is one thing, but spreading knowledge and the correct use the plant as medicine is another uphill battle. Far too many people still don’t know much about how to use CBD correctly, but this is one big step for us all.

@momofthegoons
@Helios
So I ate one serving (10mg CBD, 5mg THC) on my break. I’m about 30 mins in and I can feel a difference.

I really do feel more calm and feel a nice, warm body high. A little bit of a head change but not distractingly so...I have to interact with many customers on the phone.

Honestly I was skeptical but it seems to be reducing my anxiety so far. :aaaaa:
More testing required :peace:

Last edited:
I got an ounce of hemp, which has very low levels of thc, with cbd levels around 20%, and I don't think I'll be getting traditional weed for a while. It's very relaxing and gives me positive vibes while tasting and smelling just like traditional weed. And it's significantly cheaper for me.
I've been vaping it, and honestly, I use about the same amount as thc heavy buds, but it doesn't cloud my mind. CBD alone wantwa really doing it for me, so I'm glad I found hemp flowers that I can have shipped to me.

Update:

Took a double dose at lunch and I’m feeling fine :smug:
Obviously more of a head change but I still feel focused.
The body high is super relaxing. I feel like I’m in a warm cacoon.

I have one more serving saved for my last break,
Overall I’m impressed. The double dose may be too much lol I’m kinda floating in my seat

I got an ounce of hemp, which has very low levels of thc, with cbd levels around 20%, and I don't think I'll be getting traditional weed for a while.
So ordinary hemp fiber has traces of thc and cbd? Never thought about that and it is in my rotation. Have to find out more about this. :thinker:

It's hemp that has been bred to increase the cbd content while keeping the THC low
I do want to get my hands on something like that. Earlier, I was referring to and now wondering about ordinary hemp fibre.

Guys it is just hemp.......not cannabis ....... just plain old hemp.......manilla rope,textiles,stock feed,ditchweed............hemp.
Not cannabis that has been bred at all.........hemp.
Why is that so hard to get?
We could tell the difference in the 70's...............must be the decline in the public education system...............sigh.

Guys it is just hemp.......not cannabis ....... just plain old hemp.......manilla rope,textiles,stock feed,ditchweed............hemp.
Aware of the distinction. However I am curious if the hemp fibre that I use has even a trace of either.

Totally aware that you would have to smoke a telephone poles worth of hemp to get a buzz. And then there is Kentucky bluegrass which was grown for paper before Cannabis Prohibition.
We could tell the difference in the 70's...............must be the decline in the public education system...............sigh.
If I only watched this film back in the day.

Not cannabis that has been bred at all.........hemp.
Why is that so hard to get?
I've had low quality "ditch weed" and that's not what I purchased. Perhaps it's not the education system at failure here, but a narrow perception.
What is the distinction between hemp and marijuana? The arbitrary limit on THC. But this is a thread about CBD, which is present in the varieties I'm interested in.
The plant is versatile.

Let's not derail this thread with comparisons between hemp and cannabis.... If further discussion is desired, make a new thread please.

Reactions: arb
Why CBD Water Is Not Really A Thing And May Even Be Dangerous

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fsarabrittanysomerset%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F02%2F20190219-CBD_Viles.jpg

Two identical drams of CBD from Avicanna's laboratories demonstrate the lighter, pinkish one on the right was exposed to oxygen.© SARA BRITTANY SOMERSET

CBD water is a perfect example of capitalism at its phoniest. While plenty of companies are looking to cash in by claiming their products contain beneficial CBD, CBD water is the easiest example of how a fool and his money are soon parted.

CBD or cannabidiol, the low THC product that everyone touts as being "the non-psychoactive form of cannabis," (which in and of itself is slightly misleading, but that is for a different column) destabilizes when exposed to light or oxygen. Legitimate CBD products are sold in dark, opaque bottles with labels that warn the consumer to store the bottle away from light, in a cool, dark place.

Scientists are just beginning to understand how hemp-derived CBD is beneficial to the human body’s endocannabinoid system. Depending on the manufacturing process, the minuscule amount of CBD that CBD water contains is most likely rendered ineffective when it is exposed to light for an extended period of time, such as being stationary in a brightly-lit supermarket refrigerator or storage facility all day. CBD products should be kept out of direct light, in order for the CBD not to destabilize.

Some manufacturing processes may be able to keep the components stable while exposed to light in the short term, but it will not remain stable if the water is sitting on a shelf for months or even weeks.

That means CBD in a clear water bottle stored on a brightly-lit supermarket shelf is most likely completely useless and provides no other benefit than the regular hydrating effect of plain water.

Assuming some manufacturer takes the initiative to sell CBD in dark brown glass bottles, like Guinness, from the moment the cap is opened and oxygen hits the product, it begins to destabilize.

Therefore, putting a dropper full of CBD into a bottle of water and sipping it here and there is not advisable either. Opening and closing the bottle numerous times and allowing oxygen and light to penetrate the container weakens the CBD, rendering it all but ineffective, quite quickly. (Unless fitness buffs do this at Soul Cycle, where the room is pretty dark and cyclists tend to chug.)

"Cannabinoids are susceptible to degradation and specifically oxidization which is very concerning, as some of those degradants are toxic. Cannabinoids are most stable in their trichomes on the flower or even in the resin where the terpenes and other natural chemicals provide some protection and anti-oxidation properties. This is why purified or isolated CBD-THC are very unstable unless properly formulated," said Aras Azadian, CEO of Avicanna, exclusively in an email.

Green Rush Daily published an article last year stating, “The World Health Organization (WHO) has done extensive research regarding CBD water. Unsurprisingly, their findings have shown that the water can provide a variety of health benefits.”

In fact, according to the spokesperson for the WHO, they have never heard of this mythical research. “The team has no idea where this journalist got his information. Perhaps ask him to send the report he mentions?” the spokesperson said via email from Geneva.

While the head of the WHO recommended on January 24, not to include CBD in the 1961 Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs, the world body is certainly not endorsing CBD water.

That aside, Love Hemp water, for example, is another company in a string of bandwagon jumpers that hopes to rope in unwitting consumers and cash in on the CBD craze. There are only two milligrams of natural hemp extract in Love Hemp water, which is virtually useless. To provide a visual, two milligrams of powder would fit on the end of a toothpick or a toothbrush bristle.

Furthermore, a daily dose of at least 10-25mg is recommended to be beneficial to the human body’s endocannabinoid system, for non-medical reasons. At that rate, a person would have to drink five to thirteen bottles of Love Hemp water per day, provided it is stored in the dark, such as in a wine cellar, before purchase, then consumed all in one shot.

Additionally, when the body needs the benefits of CBD right away, the efficacy of a .2mg serving is non-existent. GW Pharmaceuticals doses at five to ten milligrams per kilogram of body weight. That means a person who weighs 120 lbs (54.431kg) would theoretically need approximately between 272 and 554 milligrams of CBD per day, for the dose to be efficacious, as opposed to two.

"Besides, one milligram typically gets stuck to the bottles," adds Azadian.

“We do not yet understand what a healthy amount of cannabidiol is in the body for chronic use. I take 45mg per day, and have done so for about a year and a half. What level is right for everyone is honestly still to be determined by emerging science. Our research had led us to believe everyone should have a little bit of cannabidiol in their body every day. In high doses, it is well tolerated,” said Chris Bunka, CEO of Lexaria BioScience.
Mr. Bunka’s company does medical cannabinoid research and holds four patents in the USA and Australia, and has 45 patents pending on the delivery of cannabinoids.

“Love Hemp water is not designed –I certainly hope– to treat any medical condition. I hope they are positioning themselves as more of a supplement company,” he added.

According to Pop Sugar, another brand, CBD Living Water, "has 2.5 milligrams of CBD per bottle, but due to the nano application, you can get up to nine times the effect — 22.5 mg."

"That is a terrifically sloppy way of insinuating they have super bioavailability; and, at such a high implied rate as to be nearly impossible. At worst, it showcases a terrific lack of knowledge and is simply not responsible," debunks Bunka.

Take CBD water companies' beneficial claims with a grain of salt, because that is about how much CBD their bottles contain.

To get the maximum health and wellness benefits out of CBD, consume it sublingually directly from the original, opaque medicinal or supplement bottle, and eschew gimmicky CBD water.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back