Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Cannabis and Pain

I definitely needed the Percocet at times and also dilauded but that was for pre/post cancer surgery pain and other treatment related pain. I think I mentioned a doctor who refused it post surgery. That was terrible. Ultimately, I just believe that for some people an opiate high is the best thing ever. It’s ok to me but for pleasure or pain I’d rather micro-dose a high THC/CBD strain. A pinch goes a long way in a Flowerpot.

Folks need to be able to rely on pain meds (opioids) for after surgeries, cancer.... What I noticed that the dilauded and Percocet doesn’t work as well after a few weeks. You end up having to take more, which isn’t OK. I don’t know what people do on opioids long periods for acute long term pain?

Folks need to be able to rely on pain meds (opioids) for after surgeries, cancer.... What I noticed that the dilauded and Percocet doesn’t work as well after a few weeks. You end up having to take more, which isn’t OK. I don’t know what people do on opioids long periods for acute long term pain?

People on opioids for years are having a lot of trouble now. Doctors are cutting them off lest they get in trouble. It's a real crisis, and leads to heroin for some. The lucky ones find mj.

For joint pain this can work well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prolotherapy

These two procedures reduced my LT and C spinal pain levels where nothing else would touch them:

https://www.spine-health.com/treatment/injections/radiofrequency-ablation-procedure

https://www.spine-health.com/glossary/rhizotomy

The pain I experience now is easily managed with topicals, and a small amount of medicated things throughout the day. For those that don't know my background you should know that I'd displaced all pharmaceutical medications with medical cannabis. It might not work for everyone, but know that it's an attainable goal for many.

I know I've been quiet for a while due to massive inflammation from my disease, but things are turning around for the better, and I want to share something that has been nothing short of a miracle so far in my lifelong journey of transcending pain. First I'm taking Cosentyx now and it has helped a lot. But the new magic I have found is in hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT). This is where they put you in an airtight chamber, pump up the air pressure, and feed you oxygen at the same time. The theory is that under pressure the oxygen will diffuse into your plasma and tissues much more thoroughly and will heal tissues, purge toxins etc. The US Air Force did a study and found that broken bones heal 30% faster and much stronger when HBOT is used. Many other real studies have been done proving that this is real. Doctors recommend HBOT for before and after surgery, athletes use it to quell inflammation from workouts and injuries etc. I could go on but you get the idea.

Well my sister has been using this to treat her Multiple Sclerosis and recommended that I give it a whirl, and I did. The results so far have been astonishing! :whoa: I have had 2 sessions so far and am having #3 tomorrow. The first thing I noticed when I got out of the chamber from session #1 was a relaxed, calm, sense of well being. It was similar to taking a CBD hit but better. The effect was stronger, lasted longer, and was much more pleasant than pure CBD by quite a bit. I felt absolutely euphoric. The next day when I awoke I went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror and to my surprise the black circles under my eyes were completely GONE! My jaw dropped as I stared in the mirror, I was stunned. Those ugly circles had been there well over a decade . . . I also experienced a large decrease in my arthritis pain. For all of that day I could walk on my right ankle with about half the normal pain. Nothing I have ever tried has taken that large of a chunk out of my pain level, nothing.

Unfortunately after that day, the next day when I awoke I noticed a little under eye black coming back and my pain level returned to normal. Now they tell you when you are doing this that you need several loading doses or sessions so your tissues get properly saturated so I went for session #2 the next day. Coming out of the chamber from session #2 I felt the same overall sense of well being and euphoria, however, I noticed immediate pain relief this time. Also, when I awoke the next day, again I had no black marks under my eyes. The pain relief for my arthritis lasted twice as long after session #2, that would be 2 days, and so far, 4 days later, my eyes are black circle free so the effects are increasing in strength and longevity.

I go for session #3 tomorrow and I am going to be keeping a kinda journal here of my experience to share with y'all. Here are some pics of the treatment chamber. Its cool, you have some nice windows, there is an emergency call button hanging from the ceiling, an emergency pressure release valve and interior zipper pull for emergency exit if necessary. I like to take my cell phone in there and using their wi-fi watch my podcasts. Sessions last an hour.

To say the least I am completely pumped about this new journey I am on! It holds real promise and has demonstrated a level of relief that so far has been impossible to obtain since I came down with Psoriatic Arthritis over 12 years ago. For the first time, in a long time, I feel hope . . . :sun:

More about the science here: http://newleafhyperbarics.com/the-science

hbt_1.jpg

---
hbt_2.jpg

Last edited:
Session #3 yesterday. I went in with my eyes still looking great and a normal pain level. Again, beautiful euphoria that lasted until bedtime after the session. Immediate pain relief, I actually went to the mall to walk a couple rounds and grab some Pho. Even though walking is really hard on my ankle as opposed to swimming and cycling, I did really well. I made an effort to drink more water this time like they recommend. Upon waking this morning, I had more water as recommended, and when I went to pee my urine was super concentrated so this process is definitely eliminating toxins from my body.

My pain is shifting. I go back and forth between inflammation pain and joint erosion pain or a mixture of the two. When my body or joints are inflamed the fluid acts as a cushion in a way which can actually cut down on permanent joint erosion pain. Now that a lot of inflammation has been removed from my body, I am definitely riding on the bones again. It still hurts but in a different way, its hard to describe. But its easy to see in my face that a lot of inflammation is gone, I look slimmer, more youthful. In fact with the improvement in my eyes and face, with a little teeth whitening thrown in for good measure, I have to say I am starting to look years younger and that is a really nice feeling.

After a few minutes of moving around this morning my pain is more acceptable than it has been in years without turmeric or any supplements taken yet today. Probably will do a light bike ride today as the sun is out and the temperature is low. Fall is just starting to roll in and its my favorite time of year.

Noticed that I slept a lot better last night as well. Normally I am an insomniac. I toss and turn because my pain makes it so I can't sleep on a side or my back for long. Even with a Tempurpedic bed I can't get comfortable. But once I fell asleep last night I only woke up to roll 3 or 4 times which is excellent for me.

Anyways, I ran out of free treatments so I stepped up and bought 3 more. They had a "smoke" sale, because the forest fire smoke has been really bad until like a week ago, and I got 3, one hour sessions, for $199. I will either go back Saturday or next week Tuesday and start going once a week.

Note: I am no longer vaping flower or concentrate, I just couldn't do it any more. I've been vaping pure CBD isolate crystals for a while now but I feel that this therapy (HBOT) will replace that as the effects are much greater and it is a lot healthier as well. Time will tell but I may be getting rid of most of my vape and glass collection next year . . . :peace:

Last edited:
@t-dub it's good to hear that this treatment is doing such wonders for you. You haven't 'sounded' this good in a long, long time. I'm so happy for you. :smile:
Thanks Mom . . . I appreciate that a lot. I know that things have been pretty rough for a while and that during the really dark times I had to lean on you and I want you to know that I am forever grateful for your support.

Time will tell but I may be getting rid of most of my vape and glass collection next year . . . :peace:
It is great to hear you are getting on top of your pain management, wouldn`t it be good to be a purely recreational vaper?

It is great to hear you are getting on top of your pain management, wouldn`t it be good to be a purely recreational vaper?
Yes/No . . . for me. I'm really at an impasse now. I am totally, completely, burned out on THC. I just can't do it any more. Compared to HBOT, pure CBD doesn't compute either. So I am looking at the possibility that I may become a non-vaper sometime in the future. Its weird, but time will tell . .. .

Yes/No . . . for me. I'm really at an impasse now. I am totally, completely, burned out on THC. I just can't do it any more. Compared to HBOT, pure CBD doesn't compute either. So I am looking at the possibility that I may become a non-vaper sometime in the future. Its weird, but time will tell . .. .

Just curious, when you say your totally burnt out on thc are you saying thc doesn't work on your conditions anymore or that it negatively affected you somehow?

@t-dub thanks so much for the information about HBOT! Seriously I had never heard of it before and it seems that it’s been found to have therapeutic value for 4(!) conditions that I’m dealing with. Only bad part for me personally is an hour’s drive each way, which is really hard on me. Like I usually need a day or more to recover from the drive, which would only be an issue at the first because they want you to do 5 days straight as you said to “load up”. If I do feel better after the first one however, then it might not be so brutal. As for the cost over here, I’m rather afraid of telling you: it’s free, at least at three I looked up. All encourage donations though and also receive funding from other sources but knowing now what you’re paying, I’ll happily give whatever!

Cannabis still has great value but I can’t afford to buy what I need (and can’t grow here) so I ration and microdose as best I can. If HBOT could sort of fill in the gaps then I might get by more comfortably and be more active with less time in bed.

I hope that other readers coming here for chronic pain will be encouraged to look into HBOT. I wasn’t aware of its existence and have been dealing with doctors for 35 years, both in America and abroad (mainly UK). Big love to @t-dub ! It’s not the first time I’ve learned from you, as you know and I’m awfully glad to see you’re back in these familiar places, contributing all that you know. Thanks man.

Just curious, when you say your totally burnt out on thc are you saying thc doesn't work on your conditions anymore or that it negatively affected you somehow?
I just am tired of being high. Can't stand it any more.
t-dub, were you at all claustrophobic in that chamber? Just looking at it gives me the heebies....:uhoh:
No problem. I have never been claustrophobic and the chamber is large with nice windows.

I just am tired of being high. Can't stand it any more.

No problem. I have never been claustrophobic and the chamber is large with nice windows.
You just need to make sure that the HBOT chamber is run by real professionals:

Oxygen toxicity is a condition resulting from the harmful effects of breathing molecular oxygen (O
2) at increased partial pressures. It is also known as oxygen toxicity syndrome, oxygen intoxication, and oxygen poisoning. Historically, the central nervous system condition was called the Paul Bert effect, and the pulmonary condition the Lorrain Smith effect, after the researchers who pioneered its discovery and description in the late 19th century. Severe cases can result in cell damage and death, with effects most often seen in the central nervous system, lungs and eyes. Oxygen toxicity is a concern for underwater divers, those on high concentrations of supplemental oxygen (particularly premature babies), and those undergoing hyperbaric oxygen therapy.​

Are you kidding? England invented the Nanny State, everything and everyone must be certified and qualified up the wazoo over here! :biggrin:
In the UK, a person can self-refer for many therapists and get evaluated but you have to show a medical need. I mean you can’t just get services because you’re bored or lonely. They’ll send you right home, believe me, I know! :lol:

Seriously though I would think that these clinics would be held to standards and run by professionals. Especially in America where a patient presumably is paying some or all costs out of pocket if insurance doesn’t cover it. But then again if there’s a profit to be made, there will always be someone who is trying to cut corners. So I do see your point, depending on where you are.

:peace:

The place I go is run like a doctors office, very professional. When I asked if I could sleep overnight in one of these things, you can buy them for home use, they said no. They also told me that 2 hours is the max for a day which is why 90 minutes is the max they will allow. Pretty simple stuff.

I was supposed to go back Saturday but I have a sick kitty that I'm dealing with so I have had to pause treatment until the issue is resolved. This is a bummer because I'm probably gonna have to put my cat to sleep and I am losing saturation in my tissues.

Well, good news. Between the emergency vet and my regular vet we were able to get Chloe "unplugged" so now she is living in my master bathroom so she won't ruin the carpet. Have to find the balance between food, fiber, and laxatives so everything will come out right in the end . . . :smile:

Anyways . . . I finally got in to do HBOT session #4 yesterday. Since I had not been in for 8 days there was some color under my eyes, but not as much as I thought there would be, and today my under eyes are rosy pink again. Also, my arthritis was pretty cranky yesterday. After the session I again noticed immediate pain relief in my ankles and knees. I was able to walk around the mall twice with hardly any pain. Also my finger joints are feeling normal and I have noticed a definite decline in puffiness and inflammation surrounding my knees, face, and chest.

Again I experienced the awesome euphoria after the session that lasted until I went to sleep. The feeling is better than vaping for me and I feel awesome this morning! :thumbsup:

I am convinced that HBOT is going to be critical to my health and well being moving forward so I am looking at packages and ways to make going once a week financially possible for me.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back