Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips Clean dry herb vaporizer on a budget recommendations

treesaver

Hi all, I am hoping to find a decent quality dry herb vaporizer on a budget of $100. Here is what I am looking for...

Clean air path and, if possible, few or no plastic parts. (Medical grade parts preferable.)
Convection heating or hybrid of convection and conduction.
Not a great deal of draw resistance.
Portable and somewhat discreet, but I am willing to compromise on discreetness for a better functioning device.
Reliability and support from the company should there be any issues.

Currently, the Linx Eden is at the top of my list - it hits on all the desired qualities in a vape for me, but the warranty isn't fantastic. I read reports some people's coils breaking, so then what? Can it be replaced? Does the company offer repair service outside of warranty?

Another options I am considering is Arizer Air, but it doesn't seem as portable as the Linx Eden with the glass mouth piece having to be removed and I worry to break it, however the warranty seems a bit better and the replaceable battery is a plus. Read that the draw has quite a bit of resistance though, which is a huge negative for me.

The other recommendation I have seen is the Dynavap which looks like a solid build, but having to use a flame kind of removes the desired convection I am looking for and no temperature control is a minus also.

I am wondering how reliable these devices are and if anyone who has had problems, has had good support?
If you have used any of these, what is your experience?
Any other recommendations? Pros and cons?

Thank you!

Hi @treesaver .... welcome to the forum. :smile:

Hi all, I am hoping to find a decent quality dry herb vaporizer on a budget of $100. Here is what I am looking for...
For that price, there aren't many that fit your requirements... and imo the Dynavap is your best bet. The only problem is the temperature control... and while many have been able to fine tune their use of a torch, I'm not one of them. If you can, however, it is probably the most solid portable out there.

That said... Arizer products are well built, have a great warranty and deliver good vapor. The draw resistance really depends on the stem you use and how you pack it. Their products are sold by a couple of my sponsors and customer service is great.

You might also want to look into the Healthy Rips Edge. It's the portable I recommend most for people just starting out with vaping. It's a solid product and their warranty and customer service are good. You can buy dosing capsules that make it easy to keep clean and load on the go.

I would not recommend the Linx Eden. You can take a look at the thread here and will see a few reasons why...

The other recommendation I have seen is the Dynavap which looks like a solid build, but having to use a flame kind of removes the desired convection I am looking for and no temperature control is a minus also.
The Vapcaps from Dynavap get my vote. They are virtually indestructible, made with only a few parts, disassembled completely and cleaned easily. The only parts that would ever need replacing are the orings and screen (CDC). I've had mine since they first came out in 2015(?) In their fund raising company start up campaign and I've only replaced a couple screens and orings, mostly due to my own mishandling.

Vapcaps are a conduction/convention hybrid whether you use a lighter to heat it, or an Induction Heater. You can get a battery powered Induction Heater for portability if you don't like using a lighter.

You heat the cap until you hear the enclosed bi metal strips make a clicking noise, then you are ready to toke. Heating a second or two past the click increases the temperature. A low temperature cap is available as well.

Vapcaps are tiny small, surprisingly efficient and beautiful. I highly recommend them to everyone because I think everyone should have at least one Vapcap.

Welcome to the forum!!

For that price, there aren't many that fit your requirements...

I would not recommend the Linx Eden. You can take a look at the thread here and will see a few reasons why...

Thanks for your response.

Yeah, I am really torn. Dynavap looks solid, but I am not sure due to temperature control and learning curve as some have reported. Any vaporizer has it's downfalls it seems, so I am trying to narrow down to something that will work for me and won't be a waste of money.

Even Airzer Air has had a number of reports of issues of it's own, despite many claiming a great deal of reliability. I read it can be a bit harsh, is that true? I have also read some bad reviews of customer service experience with Arizer, unfortunately, which is a huge turn off.

From what I have read, almost everyone has had a response and replacement from Linx when they had a problem and everything I read on that thread isn't a huge downside. I doubt I will use it at high temps much, and using a sleeve is not a problem for me as far as it getting hot. The mouth piece malfunction may be an issue, but it seems you can work around it by not removing it. The chamber can be screened as far as preventing stuff getting stuck inside.

I also considered Davinci Miqro, but it was reported to have quite a bad draw resistance which put it on the no list for me.

If I was to increase my budget for a vape slightly, what other options would I have? I would rather spend a bit more and get reliability and a decent warranty, so I am not stuck with a paper weight.

The Vapcaps from Dynavap get my vote.

Thanks for your recommendation and a thorough description of how the Vapcaps works. I will have to look into it further, still on the fence and looking at options.

Love my vapcaps. They're easy to use, my wife and I both figured it out very quickly. They do have a little bit of draw restriction. For temp control you adjust your heating time or where you flame the tip. It's fun to play with, we don't find it difficult at all.
As @momofthegoons suggested, HR Fury Edge or the smaller/cheaper F2 or POTV One would also be good choices if you prefer a battery powered vape.

Have fun shopping and best of luck!

Dynavap is still in consideration as is the Air, but I am also looking at the Fury 2 now. Not having to pack a lighter and having more precise temperature control would be a plus for me. Here are the comparisons I am making for the other two.

HR Fury 2
1 year warranty and half price thereafter for a lifetime.
Isolated air path.
Very little draw resistance.
Temperature range of 320-430 degrees Fahrenheit, precise control.
USB charger.
Discreet and very portable.
Reports of exceptional customer service.
Quick session vape.
-Some people report a manufacturing smell at first, but I wonder if running a few cycles without vaping would sanitize it.
-Can get harsh above temp of 370.
-Harder to clean.

Arizer Air
2 year warranty.
Not a completely isolated air path, but components are high quality and don't get hot enough to cause an issue.
Low draw resistance.
Temperature range of 356 - 410 degree Fahrenheit, 5 settings.
Replaceable battery.
Somewhat portable.
Easy to clean.
Slow session vape.
-Propriety charger.
-Not so discreet.
-Mixed reviews of customer service.

I also like that information is very accessible on the HR website, I had to really dig around for Arizer info on the web. Getting a grinder for an extra $10 with HR would be a plus for me too. Their shipping is free, so that's nice for the future if I should want/need to get parts. I am leaning toward the Fury 2, but the Air seems like a solid vape also, both reportedly reliable and high quality.

Curious what others think about these. Did I miss anything in my comparison?

Love my original Solo. It’s a portable. Ithink you can get one for around $100. You will have it for years. You can’t dial in your exact temp but there are 7 heat settings. There have been pictures of people driving over a Solo and it still worked! I like how solid it is and how it produces great vapor flavor. Great for the medical cannabis user or the recreational. Several different stems out there too. It hooks up with several glass pieces that I have.:twocents:

check out Puffitup.

I know that you probably get sick of hearing it.......but , you really should at least get/ try a Dynavap.

The heating process literally takes seconds and is relatively foolproof
...as long as you aren't vaped out and miss the click...and it is highly effective. Probably the best at fully extracting herb IME. There is technique involved, but nothing the average person can't figure out within the first couple uses.

It's got to be the most versatile design out there too. My daily driver is a Ti tip/ KGW WPA body pulled thru water. Out and about it's an Omni XL.

Torches are cheap ($ stores) as is butane <$6

It is really hard to go past a Solo/Air or a Fury Edge for an all rounder that works well & is reliable. A good second vape is a Vapcap but I think a small portable is a sensible vape for multiple situations.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back